Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

uncrossing the line

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 5984

uncrossing the line Empty
PostSubject: uncrossing the line   uncrossing the line EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019 - 10:59

[a fairly direct continuation of this]

Mothglow had never moved on her paws as swiftly as she did returning from the Moonstone. Not even when she was a young and excitable apprentice. Now she was driven, each step taken with purpose; until she barreled into ShadowClan's camp. She didn't even slow down, instead just calling out. "Silent Snows!" she shouted, over and over again, running circles around the camp.

She'd gotten her energetic nature back along with her new name, certainly; but she'd also gained a deep-seated worry. She couldn't let her sister die... Even if she didn't even feel like her sister anymore.

And that was where the real problem lied, wasn't it? She couldn't lose Silent... Not without sitting down and having a long talk. Not so soon after everything else. Everything blurred together, and how was she meant to keep moving forward into the light if everything kept shoving her back toward the darkness?

"Silent!"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Apprentice ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 0 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Holly the Witch on Fri 25 Oct 2019 - 13:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 879

PostSubject: Re: uncrossing the line   uncrossing the line EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019 - 11:36

Padding away from the dirtplace with a dull gaze, Silent Snows began to make her way back towards the nursery. The numbness in her bones had spread since their last talk.

Since she last tried to reach out.

She was alone, once again.

Her sister had made her choice, pushing Silent from her life without a second thought. Silent had accepted it... after all, isn't that exactly what she herself had done? Silent Snows had turned her back on blood and family, severing all ties with a merciless slash of her claws.

She didn't know if she regretted it anymore.

Silent had crossed a line.

It couldn't be undone, could it. Closing her deep blue eyes, the queen sighed and slipped into the darkness of the empty den, curling up in a nest and closing her eyes.

She would rot here.

It was only fair.

"Silent Snows!"

The she-cat's blue eyes fluttered open at the borderline panicked shouting of her name in a voice all to similar to her own.

Lifting her head, the queen's ears pricked and angled toward the shout.

"Silent!"

That drove the pale she-cat to her paws, pulling her from the dark nursery she'd spent the majority of her days in lately. "... Mothpaw?"

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

uncrossing the line QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: uncrossing the line   uncrossing the line EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019 - 11:43

The sound of Silent Snows' voice filled a void in her heart that Mothglow hadn't realized was present. She raced toward her, very nearly barreling her to the ground - but she'd gotten better at stopping in time, with practice. "Silent Snows! You're alive?" she asked, voice soft and desperate. "I'm not... I'm not still dreaming?"

But she'd been so sure... Those eyes, that pelt, the small size... They were all unmistakable traits.

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: uncrossing the line   uncrossing the line EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019 - 12:56

Looking up at her sister, Silent Snows' gaze flickered with confusion at Mothpaw's words. "W...what? Of course I'm alive."

Honestly she was just as confused about her sister's reaction to the possibility of her death as she was about the fact she even thought she was dead in the first place.

It was too much, too suddenly.

Stepping back, her lost, confused expression froze into a cold stare. "And even if I was, what's brought all this on? Last we spoke you made it clear that you didn't want me here. I stayed out of your way since then. Make up your mind, Mothpaw. You can't have it both ways." The chill in her tone was biting as she lifted her chin.

She knew she had no right to lash out at Mothpaw, she shouldn't be doing this.

'Then why are you?'

She didn't know.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: uncrossing the line   uncrossing the line EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019 - 13:23

When Silent Snows had last given her that cold stare, Mothglow had shrunk back and cried.

She would not fall back now. "Oh?" she asked, and if Silent's voice was layered in ice her own was bathed in fire. "Is that what you believe, Silentpaw? I suppose it's only okay when you do it. I thought you were the one that had made up your mind, isn't that right? You looked me in the eye, told me I was nothing... That's right, I remember that! Every. Last. Word. And even after that, I was supposed to just accept it when you came back into my life wanting to talk? You turned your back on me before I ever dreamt of leaving you!" The memory washed over her, tears in her eyes as she desperately tried to hold them back. "And do you know what the saddest thing of all is? If Thornstar hadn't made me go... I still would have stayed. I needed that distance, I think... Because I needed to be myself, instead of just your sister, 'cause that was all I ever thought of myself as... So I did what I needed to. I became someone else! I'm not just 'Mothpaw, Silentpaw's sister' anymore. I'm Mothglow, medicine cat of ShadowClan, and I've never been happier."

(It was the most venomous she'd ever heard her own voice. She couldn't recall a time she'd intentionally sounded spiteful before this, and she wasn't sure she liked it.)

"And you've clearly become someone else, too. So I can only hope you're proud of whoever you are now, because I wish I was still proud to call you my sister. I don't know who you are anymore, and I thought for a while maybe I'd like to... But I won't make that mistake again."

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: uncrossing the line   uncrossing the line EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019 - 19:54

Her sister's spiteful words caused Silent to step back, deep blue eyes widening ever so slightly before narrowing sharply. "Excuse me? You were the one with identity issues? I was a ghost compared to you! It was always about you, you know that right? Dad always looked at you. When Poppyheart vanished you got reassigned. I wasn't reassigned when Redwing gave birth. My training stopped there until she recovered! You had friends! You had people who liked you! What was I? Not even the cats from the twolegplace disaster bothered to talk to me, it was always about you."

Her words came out as a frigid hiss, tearing from her throat as her hackles raised in anger. "But you never noticed, did you? You were so caught up in having fun that even you forgot about me in the end. I changed because of you."

Mothpaw... no, Mothglow, or whatever her name was now had no clue how many times Silent Snows had been left behind. Relegated to second, third, four, fifth place around everyone.

The only time she'd ever truly mattered was when she was on the verge of death, wasn't it?

Lashing her tail, she snarled at Mothglow. "The only time anyone bothered to bat an eye about me was when they thought I was dead, haven't you noticed? The twolegs, the flood, and now today. Honestly, if you all care so much about me being dead, maybe I should just get it over with and get out of your starcursed fur already. The single cat who ever genuinely chose me first had himself killed right before his lizard-tongued, viper of an underling murdered our kit."

She hadn't realized tears had begun to well in her eyes until she felt a small, wet droplet land on her paw.

Then again, she didn't care at this point.

What did it matter if the shell had finally cracked? It didn't matter anymore. She felt the eyes of her clanmates on her but brushed it off quickly. Everything had fallen apart a long time ago, so who cared who heard her scream at this point? Who cared who saw her cry? They were all blind, siding with the one who sounded oh so justified.

Burnt saw her for what she truly was.

Ice.

There was nothing more sharp, nothing more unwavering.

Until you struck it at just the right spot...

And it shattered.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: uncrossing the line   uncrossing the line EmptyFri 1 Nov 2019 - 0:38

"I cared about you," Mothglow told her sister, voice growing soft. The fire was fading from her voice, and she almost seemed to shrink in on herself - though she still stood taller than most of the cats around them, she seemed somewhat smaller than usual. "I still do. Even when I know I shouldn't. ...You were right, you know? You were always right. Is that what you want me to say?" Her eyes met the ground, unwilling to meet Silent Snows' tears. "I was nothing, compared to you - and it's not fair that no one else saw that. I was a stupid apprentice and a useless medicine cat, do you think I didn't know that?" Those first moons after she'd left the path of a warrior for one of mystery and medicine... They had been difficult, for the rifts it caused between her and her Clanmates as anything else. "I had no idea what I was doing. But I did what felt right. ShadowClan didn't have a medicine cat; and I didn't want to be a warrior anymore..." The nightmares from the mountain battle haunted her now, though often she could ignore them. Avoiding bloodshed wherever she could was a simple step she took to prevent it. "It felt like the only path forward. I just wish I could have had it all..."

Her sister.

The stars.

It had been as simple as that, once upon a time; but it often seemed like age had a way of erasing simplicity. With the distance of time, she couldn't tell who was right or wrong, or if there was any way to tell. Right and wrong... There wasn't any way to tell the two apart. Not with something like this. Just hurt feelings, shattered bonds, crossed lines and the tears she didn't realize she'd started to shed.

"...I'm sorry if you felt like I was leaving you behind. I never wanted that. I did what I felt I had to, and I paid a price I never could have imagined for it. And I still don't know if I made the right choice."

Any medicine cat knew that there came a time when wounds ran too deep to heal. Perhaps it was too late to salvage their relationship. Even if it was, Mothglow would not let Silent Snows believe she didn't care. Not for a second.

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: uncrossing the line   uncrossing the line EmptyFri 1 Nov 2019 - 11:02

Pain bloomed in her chest at Mothglow's face.

At her words.

She recalled the words she'd slung into her sister's face without a care before, disregarding how she'd put them and how they might have sounded. After all, last time she'd wanted to see nothing but pain and realization in those pretty orange eyes...

Now that same expression she'd been seeking so many moons ago stared back at her... and she realized this was never what she wanted.

Was it?

She was an idiot.

Those tears continued to well up from something broken deep inside of her. All this time she hadn't wanted to hurt Mothglow... she'd wanted to hurt herself.

She'd let this happen... hadn't she?

She'd stayed behind when Mothglow had moved forward, pitying herself for the moves she was never able to make. The moves she'd never let herself make. After all...

It was easier to play the victim.

She wasn't special. She hadn't done anything. She'd simply trailed behind those who had, thinking herself deserving of better things.

Mothglow...

Burnt...

This was her penance, wasn't it?

"Mothglow... I..."

She couldn't bring herself to voice these new feelings beating in her chest. Grief... guilt...

This was her fault.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: uncrossing the line   uncrossing the line EmptySat 2 Nov 2019 - 12:20

"Maybe it's too late now, to go back and undo all our mistakes," Mothglow whispered, lifting her head once more. "I think... Maybe we both overstepped? You said and did a lot of things that hurt me, true... But I said and did a lot of things that hurt you, too. Even if I didn't notice them at the time."  She should have, but she couldn't go back now to undo her own mistakes any more than she could anyone else's. All that was left to do was to push forward. "We can't go back and fix the mess we made of things... So let's just move forward instead."

A deep sigh escaped her, letting out all of the jumbled emotions she was feeling. Her voice was stronger when she spoke again - still quiet, but now with a bit of hope shining through. "You're still my sister. Even if you weren't, you'd still be my Clanmate. There's no starting over for us, and maybe there's no way to fix things... But we're talking, right? That's something. Maybe if we keep talking... We can make this okay."

It was too late to unsay the things they'd said, true. To undo the things they'd done. But perhaps not too late to uncross the lines.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: uncrossing the line   uncrossing the line Empty

Back to top Go down

uncrossing the line
Page 1 of 1