Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Pursuit of Happiness {closed}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1297

The Pursuit of Happiness {closed} Empty
PostSubject: The Pursuit of Happiness {closed}   The Pursuit of Happiness {closed} EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019 - 19:21

A blur, life was. Leaftwirl sat facing the entrance of camp, tail flicking to and fro. She was ever in the background, fading in and out, searching to be happy and belong. And now everything seemed gray, not painful, but gray. Misty rays of sun cut through the canopy, and the she-cat let tears fall from her eyes as she knew she needed to depart soon. Life seemed to carry on around her, not that she was convinced it could stop, yet energy came from excitement, the sun itself. Leaftwirl wasn't satisfied with the gray, she wished for contentment, and as her standards raised, she began to hate them. Mistyrain had been killed, Spottedleap taking her place. And now as Tinystar stepped down, they'd soon have a new leader to watch over them. It wasn't necessary to worry about the sins of the past. And even Wolffang seemed like a far-off prospect. Basilkit had become Basilpaw, Leaftwirl remembered beaming on that day, a wide smile on her face as her young grew into the life ahead of her. In the warrior's pursuit of happiness, she found she desired the same for those around her. Would Basilpaw hide under pine trees with her medicine cat as well? Would she go hunting in the snow, wishing for Greenleaf? The best days of Leaftwirl's life were her apprenticehood, and yet she wondered where Basilpaw would find her happiness when the metaphorical flood washed through everything she knew and loved? It was hard to be willfully ignorant in a world so treacherous. The sky wasn't as blue as Leaftwirl had hoped, and yet she only wished that her kit could do better then she did.

Life did not end when warriorhood began. Yes, things had been dire and yet Leaftwirl had accepted the gray mundane. She had children with Sunflower, she smiled only half-way, and yet where did Basilpaw's hope come from? Was there truly another road to happiness? Did it stray outside of the safe confines she had known for so long? SkyClan had always been the provider of such a thing. It was a clan filled with friends and adventures, but what happened when all those friends left? When the generations she grew up with expired? Leaftwirl peered out of the entrance and sighed, daring to take the leap. Wolffang had told her to be brave, and so she would. The gray wasn't enough. She wouldn't settle for the mundane. Leaftwirl only wished for the simple whimsy she held as an apprentice. If it was out there, she'd find it. Padding away, the she-cat sought out Basilpaw in camp, smiling brightly for her large-eared daughter. "Basilpaw..." Leaftwirl mewed, eyes tracing the sand below. "I think I may be going on an adventure..."

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6668

PostSubject: Re: The Pursuit of Happiness {closed}   The Pursuit of Happiness {closed} EmptyTue 29 Oct 2019 - 20:11

Her time as a Skyclan apprentice had yet to become a thrilling endeavor due toher RPer's inability the busy nature of her mentor. And yet she had managed to keep her paws moving with some tasks around camp in the meantime. Basilpaw took up chatting to her best friend and pouncing on leaves to fill the time. She longed to see the forest but patience was an ever-growing trait in the apprentice. Although she had waited so long and could easily poke her head through the entrance once more, it would be here time when Daylily finally took her out. Glancing around the camp, her green gaze caught sight of crisp, fall-colored leaves as they drifted lazily to the ground. Her tail flickered slightly back and forth with interest. But something caught her eye. It was Leaftwirl, her mother who she loved so dearly, and seemingly had come to bring her comfort.

A soft purr rumbled in her throat and she butted her head against the tabby lovingly. The small statured cat pulled back to meet her mother's gaze. Ears tilted slightly as she considered the words before a wide smile crossed her maw, "A journey? Where? I can come with you, Leaftwirl! We still haven't seen the whole forest together."

The Pursuit of Happiness {closed} Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1297

PostSubject: Re: The Pursuit of Happiness {closed}   The Pursuit of Happiness {closed} EmptyTue 5 Nov 2019 - 15:01

"I..." Leaftwirl squeaked, gazing down at her soft kit who rubbed against her belly. "Do what makes you happy Basilpaw." It was the words Leaftwirl had wished someone had told her when she was young, the words which should have guided her life. "That's really the best thing to do. Maybe someday you'll be able to see snow. Or jump in puddles like I did as an apprentice. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, beetle. I made that mistake. I made a lot of mistakes." Leaftwirl raised her head to the sky and blinked away the tears that welled at her temples, feeling like a storm.

"Watch over your father, StarClan knows he could use it. And if you ever need to smile again, come and find me, little one. This isn't goodbye, just the pursuit of happiness." She wanted to be carefree once more, to frolic and leap with only fluff filling her mind. Leaftwirl stared at her daughter and felt regret, pain, and an overwhelming desire to please those around her. But most of all, she wanted to grin, to laugh, to chuckle. And it was paramount. More important than the stars in the sky. She prayed Basilpaw would hold the very same drive. Her kit deserved nothing less.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pursuit of Happiness {closed}   The Pursuit of Happiness {closed} Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pursuit of Happiness {closed}
Page 1 of 1