Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans, each suffering in a way of their own, fight to maintain the normal peaceful life they built. What struggles await them with the shifting seasons?
Leaf-fall has come at last, and the trees are shifting colors. Cooler nights linger, and the morning dawns misted.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Please Tell Me (closed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Swanpaw, Minkpaw/Strom [dead/somewhere: Murkpaw, Rift]
Female
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 427
Clan/Rank : SkyClan, Outsiders/Golden Boys

Please Tell Me (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Please Tell Me (closed)   Please Tell Me (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 1:11 am

Swanpaw sat by the creek, gazing into the fragments of moonlight dancing on its surface. The swish of leaves around her sighed in a cool breeze that smelled of leaf-bare, darkness crowding the shadows under the light of the moon. Each ray rippled in the water's surface, the sound of gentle burbling mixing with the wind in an almost foreign sound. She couldn't sleep, she hadn't been able to for what felt like moons. Out here, there was nothing but the sky, the river, and the trees. Her home, gentle as the lapping tongue of a mother, comforting her. It soothed the thoughts dancing in her mind, the agony of a thousand questions, a thousand doubts.

Moonlight. She gazed upwards, catching the twinkling light of stars far above, dancing in a glowing band across the sky. They were there, blinking back at her, and in her mind's eye she saw her mother again, the she-cat firm and gentle as she spoke. Oh mother. I can't face them anymore.... She sighed, staring back at the reflection in the waters, dipping a paw into its cold embrace and watching the ripples ring their way outwards. The sickness that had plagued her was mostly gone, but not the memories of what had happened. Now she stayed quiet if ordered to go on a patrol, barely speaking unless spoken to. Almost all hunting she did was on her own, and she hadn't spoken to any of her family for sunrises.

But out here it was quiet. It was peaceful.

Pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Rift | Murkpaw | Strom/Minkpaw | Swanpaw
Arts(currently closed)
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : (T)inylegs, (D)aisyflame, (S)unflower
Female
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 4917
Clan/Rank : (T)SkC~E, (D)SC~t4, (S)SkC~t4

PostSubject: Re: Please Tell Me (closed)   Please Tell Me (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2019 10:39 am

OOC: omg I'm soooo sorry for the wait ;;

IC: With the weight of being a leader lifted from his shoulders, Tinylegs decided it'd be best to take a walk through the forest. In doing so, he's hopefully be able to put his mind at ease with just his thoughts to accompany him. A chilly Leaf-Fall breeze ruffled his white pelt, sending a shiver down his spine. Soon enough, Leaf-Bare would be upon them and SkyClan would need to begin preparing for the harsh seasons to come.

Walking onward, a familiar scent hit his nose and opening his maw, Tinylegs looked around to see Swanpaw sitting beside the bank of the creek that flowed through SkyClan's territory. "Swanpaw?" the little legged leader mewed, padding up to his daughter. "What are you doing out here, all alone?"

Pixel Queen Photographer

Living ~ Deceased
Please Tell Me (closed) Newsig13

Please Tell Me (closed) Img_3711
sad plant lady

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Female
Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Please Tell Me (closed)   Please Tell Me (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2019 2:22 am

Swanpaw's ear twitched as something moved through the brush close by. A moment later the peace of the night was shattered as a voice broke through her thoughts, and she twisted around in surprise to see Tinystar - no, Tinylegs - standing there. Father. His simple question carried to her ears as a cool breeze stirred her fur, a weight bearing down on her shoulders even as the shadowy trees loomed above her suddenly small frame.

"What are you doing out here, all alone?"

Father. For a moment she stared at him as her voice failed, his blue eyes reflecting concern for her. Inexplicably, her heart throbbed inside her chest as memories swirled through her mind like the eddies of the stream at her paws. Memories of looking up at him as a kit, his gentle purr mixing with her mother's; memories of his patient care for them on their first day out of the nursery, that cold morning he'd welcomed them into the rest of the Clan. For just a moment, she longed to be that kit again - just a moment, a heartbeat, for everything to be simple, complete. Father....

Why... why was she out here, alone? She turned her eyes away, paws aching as they stayed still against the ground. "I wanted to be alone," She mewed quietly. And yes, that was why she was out here, but maybe not the reason why she felt this way. "I.... Do you... do you remember when I was a kit? And we used to play games - you, Mother, Sunflower... everyone - it... everything was so... golden. So beautiful."

She felt something leach out of her, the very warmth of the memories turning dull and faded. Distantly, she noted her own shadowy reflection as it rippled in the dark burbling waters, tumbling over rocks, cold light and black shadow twining together. "What changed?" She whispered.

Pics of me cats:

Arts(currently closed)
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : (T)inylegs, (D)aisyflame, (S)unflower
Female
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 4917
Clan/Rank : (T)SkC~E, (D)SC~t4, (S)SkC~t4

PostSubject: Re: Please Tell Me (closed)   Please Tell Me (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Realizing that he'd interrupted Swanpaw and her time of solitude, part of him wanted to leave, but before he was able to turn around, his daughter spoke. Her words were bitter sweet, reminding him of better, simpler times. Days that he could wake up and not worry about who'd he disappointed this time. But, all things must come to an end, and those times were no more.

Swallowing the lump that'd grown in his throat, Tinylegs looked up to Swanpaw as she stared into the calm water bellow.

"I... I don't know," the little legged elder mewed softly. "I suppose, everything," it was a very broad answer, but he honestly didn't know what else to say.

Pixel Queen Photographer

Living ~ Deceased
Please Tell Me (closed) Newsig13

Please Tell Me (closed) Img_3711
sad plant lady

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Female
Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Please Tell Me (closed)   Please Tell Me (closed) Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:17 am

Swanpaw looked up as her father spoke, searching his eyes for something, anything. All she found were eyes reflecting her own troubled thoughts, helpless for answers. Slowly, she exhaled, the air from her deflated lungs mingling with the sigh of the wind. In that moment, the last thread of fantasy she'd been clinging to gently let go its grip, and she finally saw him as he really was - not some idealized figure she'd held up her entire life as the one who knew everything, the one who couldn't make mistakes or be shaken, but just an old, tired cat. Just like me, just like all of us, I suppose.

Bitter disappointment welled up in her heart in spite of herself as she looked back into the dark waters below. The father she'd always believed in, even as he murdered and grew cold in front of her eyes - even as his insecurities and confusion became clear - was still no better than the rest of them. Why, why couldn't he have been different? And yet, how could she expect him to be? Why should she? She closed her eyes for a moment, feeling the wind in her fur, the smell of the pine trees sweet on the breeze.

"I wanted someone else to put my faith into, someone else to carry my burdens for me and help me see through my confusion. But I can't. There is no cat living nor dead who can. Life is a terribly lonely journey, and you're the only one who can bear your own burdens," She found herself whispering as she opened her eyes and looked back up at the stars, the chill in the air sending a shiver up her spine. For a few moments she let silence clothe them, before stirring and speaking up again, turning back with a sad smile to look at her father. "You know, I saw Mother when I went on my moonstone journey. She was like a star, but she was still Mother," She mewed, before adding softly, "She still loved us."

Pics of me cats:

Arts(currently closed)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Tell Me (closed)   Please Tell Me (closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please Tell Me (closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Moonlit Creek-
Jump to: