Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 18:04

His apprentice was a quick-learner and naturally bulkier than most, so it wasn't hard for Lynxscar to train him, despite his first time being a mentor. On the other paw, Flintpaw was quite obedient and did not complain much, making him the perfect student. But... there was something off that the tom could not get out of his head. The day of the Gathering, the dark-furred tom hid in his fur. The serious warrior was surprised by this. Not many younger cats approached him due to his scary-looking scar... and maybe he was his mentor but they weren't that close. When he looked down on him that night... he saw himself, scared of an inside monster that lied within. A demon of the heart that was probably troubling Flintpaw when dealing with a large number of cats.

The large, stocky warrior wandered through the marshes with the tom, checking over the territory and marking the borders just as told by Thornstar. However, the tom wanted to have a heart-to-heart moment with the young cat. He wasn't far from getting his warrior name... but growing up did not just mean getting a new name and a new rank.. it meant facing fears and dominate them so he can truly become an adult, grown-up cat like himself. As Lynxpaw, he faced his fear of death, to humiliation and defeat now. Now, wore his scar proudly and the fear turned into hate, anger and a determination. Soon, karma would come to the one who dared to maim an apprentice and take advantage of his clan. But now, it was time for Flintpaw to open up a bit and see into his own dark side. "Flintpaw." He started, his voice serious and strong. "Tell me what you smell. Is there something lurking near us?" He mewed, following the typical routine with the sole intention to start a more deep conversation next. Lynxscar already knew there was a faint scent of rodents. Probably a family hid in their den. And also the smell of doves, probably near the area.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] Signat14
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7359

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 18:13

Another day of training. Flintpaw felt relaxed in the gentle sounds of the marsh, ears perked as he took it all in. It was...Different, from the Gathering - the pounding pain that had blossomed in his head from that moment still being a sharp reminder. He still wasn't sure what had caused it, why he had found it so overwhelming when everybody else was fine. But out here, the soft croaking of frogs, the faint call of birds on the horizon. This was far more peaceful, not as overwhelming and it was...Nice.

His eyes flickered to Lynxscar as his mentor spoke up, his tail swishing as he took in a deep breath. He had already learned the name for many of the prey that he could stumble across. He had found he had a bit of knack for it, picking up a couple different scents as he paused to separate them from each other and pinpoint their direction. "I smell...Mice, or maybe rats. I'm not sure which and also some birds....Doves? I do also hear toads but I don't smell them anywhere close to us, thought," he added as he scanned the territory for the sight of any of the prey he had managed to smell.

I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 18:23

The tom listened and nodded quietly, approving the tom's skills. He was already good with smelling and knowing what surrounds him, not to mention his hunting abilities. But still, there was something beyond the typical physical qualities of a warrior. Lynxscar stopped his walk and ordered the apprentice to do the same with a flick of his tail. The large, brown tabby turned his body to face Flintpaw and looked at him. "That was good. Nothing much to add, to be honest. And we are almost done with patrolling the land. However, there's something you and I need to talk about." The large tom sounded a bit too serious than intended but that was just his way. Lynxscar leapt over a dead, empty log and settled his body there, letting one paw hang freely on one side. "What exactly happened in the Gathering? I'm not scolding you. I just want to know."

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] EmptyThu 10 Oct 2019 - 18:31

Flintpaw felt pride at correctly identifying the nearby prey, but raised his eyebrow when Lynxscar mentioned having something to want to talk about. And then it was answered. He halted, his expression barely changing but growing a tad darker. Ah. Of course. He spared a glance at the side, slowly starting to knead the marshy ground beneath him. "I'm...Not sure," he answered plainly. "All the voices - the conversations - it...It was overwhelming. It hurt. I could hear all of the nearby conversations but...I wasn't able to stop listening to them." His ears twitched, barely slicking back in the slight hint of shame. "I'm not sure what it was or why. I just..." He glanced back at Lynxscar to try to read his mentor's reaction, to see if he had any answers but he doubted it - he had been fine at the Gathering, everybody was. It was confusing, to be sure but...Flintpaw was slowly starting to grasp that many people didn't...Work the same way he did.

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] EmptyThu 17 Oct 2019 - 9:11

The tom inclined his head to one side, his green eyes wide and looking at the confused young tom. He was... a curious one indeed. He had never heard of something like that in a cat before. Maybe the medicine knew what it could be? He doubted it. It wasn't like Flintpaw was sick. He had a perfect hearing, noticeable when they were hunting. Lynxscar licked his front leg, thoughtful before giving Flintpaw an answer. "Mm... never heard of that kind of reaction before... and I don't think sending you to the medicine cat den would be of any help. You have to finish your training and become a warrior, after all. However, there might be something we can do about that." His green eyes looked at Flintpaw, serious yet comprehensive at the same type. Even though he wasn't exactly a close, huggy mentor (since he believed apprentice needed to be trained as soldiers, not like kits), he wanted to see Flintpaw thrive one day and achieve many things as a warrior. "In large battles, you can't let all those noises stun you or you will surely fall prey of someone else's claws. I doubt it will change from one day to another and you will need to practice to control that but... maybe you can start here, during patrols. There is a lot of noises out here. You should start closing your eyes, using your ears and listen all of them at first. Like this." The tom closed his eye and let his muscles relax as he allowed his tufted ears to hear the sounds of the marshes. "You will hear a lot of things at first... but try listening to the one you like... and focus on that. Numb all the other sounds around you, just focus on one thing... and listen..."

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] EmptyThu 17 Oct 2019 - 9:26

Flintpaw's gaze remained shifted away as Lynxscar began to talk, his pelt prickling barely with traces of shame...But to his surprise, Lynxscar did not condemn him but was almost understanding to it all. Slowly, he turned to face his mentor as he listened to his words. He...Hadn't thought about the sounds being overwhelming in the thick of battle - with the Gathering as the only source of it, he hadn't thought of other areas of his life being overwhelming. He wanted to be a warrior, he wanted to make Thornstar and Lynxscar proud and to have such a silent disability was...Infuriating, he supposed.

He remained uncertain if he could be trained out of it, he hadn't been able to block out a single nose at the Gathering no matter how hard he tried to focus on one thing - one conversation - to spare his sanity. But there was also no point in not trying. So he closed his eyes, ears perking as he took in the sounds of the marsh. He started to knead his paws into the marsh landscape, a natural reaction from standing still for fall to long and in a way, to help him focus. The faint bird calls, the bubbling of the murky water, the croaking of frogs and toads... They surrounded him, faint and pleasant to his ears. He tried to focus on the bubbling water, the single constant noise and let the others fade away...

"I can't do it," he finally responded, eyes flickering open as he shook his head. No matter how hard he had tried, he couldn't let the others drown away. The moment they would sound again, his ears would want to turn and listen to it. It was...It was like his brain wanted to focus on every single sound around him, no matter their importance. "Every time I would try...Every time I heard the sound I was trying to drown out, my ears would focus on that instead," he explained, his expression growing dark slightly. What did this mean for him, would he be able to become a warrior? There was hope that in the thick of battle, there would be so much of a rush that the sounds would become nothing to him but... He wanted to make ShadowClan proud and it was annoying that something he couldn't control would perhaps stop him.

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] EmptySun 20 Oct 2019 - 8:26

The tom frowned, his green eyes analyzing the situation in an attempt to help the young tom. He stood up straighter, fixing his eyes on him with a serious, yet encouraging determination. "Look, kiddo, you never say something is impossible for a Shadowclan cat. You have the great blood of our Shadowclan ancestors and you know why they are known for? For their strength and skill of battle. But not only physical battle... but the battle we have within us, against ourselves." The large, scar-faced warrior spoke with pride and a fiery boldness that he showed nights ago to Rowanpaw when hunting together.

"The first step for doom, is to say something is not possible... to give up when things get hard. You have to become a warrior, a strong Shadowclan cat that will make sure to protect their clan with all their might. I am not saying it will be easy... it is never easy to let go of our fears... our weakness..." He thought of his scar saying those words, touching the exposed skin with his paw and remembering the fear of death of that night. The eyes of the beast who haunt him in the back of his mind, as a reminder of that weakness that still lived within him. "But you can't give up. You can change, make it better and work to see other solutions. Maybe it is not about forcing yourself to drown all the other sounds... but only focus on one and don't think about any other thing in the world. You won't get it in your first time, nor the second... not even maybe in your 100th try! But eventually, you will grow. You will overcome that, control it even if it can't dissapear."

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] EmptySun 20 Oct 2019 - 8:38

Flintpaw blinked as Lynxscar started to go on his small rant, listening to his words as his gaze fell to his paws. He...He was right, he supposed. He was a ShadowClan warrior, he couldn't give up so easily. They stood apart from the other Clans, reveling in the moonlight, stalking in the shadows. He had very quickly gathered from the whispers in the camp that the other Clans didn't look favorable upon ShadowClan most of the time...And so he had to help prove their strengths. "...Alright," he meowed as he lifted his gaze slightly. "I'll give it another try."

He closed his eyes as he slowly focused on the noises around him, before he picked one to focus on. He tried to drown the others out, but once again his attention was being stolen and he nearly bristled with annoyance as it kept failing over and over. But he didn't say a word, simply trying again and again until...Perhaps it was time to take a new approach to it. He slowly started to knead in an effort to comfortable, to focus his mind with the action as he slowly started to try to drown out the noises one by one. Instead of focusing on simply one, he simply focused on all but one. Then two...It was hard, attention still being briefly stolen at the slightest noises but for some reason, it felt easier to pull his attention away again.

Progress.

His eyes flickered open as he slowly allowed the noises to capture his mind again. "I...Think I am getting there," he replied, looking at his mentor. "Its a start, at any rate. Should I continue or is there anything else we should focus on?" He still had doubts that it would save him from the noises of a Gathering - it was just far too loud and overwhelming...But perhaps he could get it to the point where the sound of battle wouldn't be a problem -not that he actually knew what it sounded like...He had been lucky so far with the peace that ShadowClan was in.

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]   I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

I'll Make a Man Out of You [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: