Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1299

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} Empty
PostSubject: Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}   Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Dappleshine's words rang in Finchstar's head as he padded back to camp, Cloverpaw in tow. The night now gave way to dawn, sleep ever present on the leader's mind. Although he knew it would never come. They cut through the grass, eyes watching, like traitors in their own camp. The gazes themselves held questions, asking, pleading. All wanted a savior. Peace to end the suffering. Finchstar meant them and sighed, knowing he couldn't pull the sun from the sky. Cloverpaw joined his family, Graybriar's stare as sharp as thorns. Finchstar's ears twitched as he sat in the sand, a usual spot where they held all meetings. However this sand had become the messenger of fate. It shifted with every gust of wind. The clan knew that the words to be spoken here would either bring salvation, or death itself. "WindClan." Finchstar spoke in a heavy tone, not needing to raise his voice as the cats all remained watching, as if by magic. The tension was enough to call a meeting, and the questions overcame any sleep. The sky rang in tones of purple, stars still shining. Finchstar closed his eyes, knowing Brookclover was watching. He would act. They would fight as warriors did. However no claws could cut past the news he was about to give. "All of you that sit here now have loyal, loyal hearts. We live in a world so vast and yet you remain here. I have questioned it many a time, but in the end I am humbled by your presence in this wind-blown dip in the moor. Know that you soar above the norms of life." The blow would not be easy, but Finchstar sighed and swept the sand with his tail, sacrificing his own secrets for those unknown. "The breeze carries us all, does it not? Patrick has been brought to us, Graybriar, and even Puddlepaw. Stars carry her spirit. I am not above its pull. There was a time, after Brookclover's passing, that I wished to leave the clan and run as far as my paws could carry me. Tempting, it was, and yet I now remain here in the name of love. We all possess our own reasons, but who are we to judge others whose reasoning slips? A cat is not made by the clan, but rather the clan is made by its cats." A bird fluttered above, and a gust of air blew through the ryegrass, a green wave rippling through camp in the dark. "Raventail has left to chase the wind. I beg you do not fault him for this. Our hearts all fly in different directions, and now his spirit is free. I will miss him dearly, but who am I to chain a wild bird? I tell you this now not as a leader, but as a friend. WindClan is a haven for the lost, a sanctuary for the broken, yet you are not trapped here. Go, where your heart desires if you must. I will hold no bitterness in my heart for you, as I, too, once wished to fly free as the birds do."

A hush settled over the clearing as Finchstar meant each and every pair of eyes with his own. Glowing orbs in the darkness. "However we are warriors, are we not? These foxes, badgers, beasts. They've roamed our lands for far too long. Taking blood that wasn't theirs. Stripping away life mercilessly. Times remain dark but we shall rage against them as warriors do. This is war. And while the sky is dreary, while our scars burn with a fire, we will not submit. Tell me, WindClan, will you fight for the moor? Do your claws bring peace and justice? Our hearts are gold, clan, some wander, and some fight. Both are forever honorable, but I ask you to lay down your past opinions and pick your fate. Whatever your choice, I will do everything in my power to bring it to fruition."

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} Sig11

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}   Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 7:16 am

Goldengale still rose with the sun, even as the little kit growing inside of her demanded rest. It just felt so wrong to stay asleep past the glowing light of morning, and she grew restless with the heartbeats. So, just like every morning, she rose and made her way from her new nest in the nursery and into the open air of WindClan's camp. The injuries and losses from days before weighed heavily on her mind, she could have lost her father, her mate, and so many dear clanmates. Raventail had gone out, and though she had yearned to follow him again she recognized her inability to, only to now curse herself for not telling someone else so they could follow in her stead. Looking around, she couldn't locate his long black fur anywhere, and a rustling at the entrance to the camp pulled her attention before she could dream of confirming it.

Finchstar and Cloverpaw padded in, looking exhausted and ruffled. Goldengale's head tilted, and she waved her tail slightly in welcoming to Cloverpaw. Blue eyes held unspoken questions, and a hollow fear, what had the two of them discovered? When had they gone? She was sure she had seen them both in camp when she went to her nest for the night.... Remaining standing, her swollen belly proving to make sitting more of a chore than it was worth to try, she watched as Finchstar called the clan together with a single word instead of the usual summons. She had never seen the handsome tom so solemn, and a shiver ran down her spine as she considered what news he must carry for him to be so different from usual.

Finchstar did not keep them waiting long, mewing his words with care as he always did, sounding whimsical and fluttering. She enjoyed his words, she really did, but sometimes she questioned the perfect haze they painted over reality. There was only so pretty a situation could be painted, especially one as dire as the clan was in now. And she was bringing a kit into this chaos? What kind of mother was she, introducing one so young, so vulnerable, to a life as filled with darkness and fear as this one. Would she be able to keep her promises to protect him or her? Stars, she hoped so. He spoke of the breeze, and the way the wind calls, and her head lowered. There had been a time she had wanted to chase the winds, too, but then her entire picture of WindClan splintered with Finchstar's next words.

Raventail was.... gone? No, surely not. He couldn't be. He was just... Sitting on Outlook Rock, looking over the territory and fell asleep, or perhaps sitting at the Gorge! He had always seemed to enjoy patrolling the gorge, though she wasn't sure why. Stunned into disbelieving silence as Finchstar continued, the anger started to rise. Her mentor wasn't a coward, or a cat who would abandon his friends and those who loved him. How dare Finchstar speak as though he had? Raventail may have left camp, but there was no way in StarClan he had let the breeze sweep him away! Unless... Finchstar had spoken of Puddlepaw, was this Finchstar's way of revealing that they had found Raventail... dead? No, no no no. She shook her head, feeling the tears at the edges of her vision. He wouldn't die. He's not like that. He's too stubborn and hard-headed to die. I would never forgive him, and he knows that. He wouldn't do that.

Being a queen had it's hardships, and trying to keep a firm paw on her emotions was one that was taking Goldengale longer than expected. She had always been a more stubborn she-cat, prone to her feelings, and expecting a kit only enhanced those emotions more. As she listened in shaking silence, she stepped forward slightly, raising her voice above the crowded cats. This wasn't the first time she had spoken out first, in a setting where perhaps she should have held her tongue... But when had that ever stopped her? "Finchstar, Raventail wouldn't abandon us. He probably fell asleep at Outlook Rock again, under the stars. Or perhaps the gorge, you know how he is. Probably better than I do. So tell me, Finchstar, why do you say that the wind has called his name louder than we have?"

She was shaking now, anger and hurt and frustration all vying for the chance to shine in her expression, and it showed in her tone as she continued. "Of course I will fight, and rage against these.... these beasts with the strength of the gale you named me after. My paws are a bit full at the moment, but as soon as I can of course I will rise to meet the challenge. I have no doubt that all who sit here, surrounding us will do the same. Do you really feel the need to question our hearts so, Finchstar?"

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} 25403010 Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} 25403011 Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} 25403012

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} Giphy
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}   Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 9:29 am

Cloverpaw followed his leader silently, his head low as they drew into camp. He was exhausted, having spent the entire night out with Finchstar tracking down Raventail - and learning he didn't want to be tracked -  and his paws felt as heavy as his heart. How could their deputy have abandoned them, after everything that was happening? Cloverpaw had never known cats to lose loyalty to his Clan; he was sure that more outsiders had joined his Clan in his life than had ever left it. He just didn't understand. Finchstar seemed disappointed, but the apprentice had no idea how to read what he was feeling; was he upset that Raventail was gone, or did he expect it? Surely he should be angry, but instead he was just... sad, maybe.

The silver tabby tom didn't need to look up to feel his parents' burning eyes on him as they came into view, Finchstar stepping towards the sandy clearing to sit and speak to his Clan levelly. Cloverpaw made his way over to Barleytuft and Graybriar, his tail low. He caught Goldengale's eye and glanced meaningfully over to Finchstar; he would explain what the apprentice couldn't.

Barleytuft sat waiting, his heart pounding with relief at his only son's safe arrival home. The questioning look that he gave Finchstar was rather hard, but if he knew anything about his friend, he knew they would be receiving the news soon. The senior warrior welcomed his son with a gentle nose-touch. He's back. That's what matters. We'll figure out why exactly they were out at night in a moment, no doubt. Barleytuft looked aside worriedly to Graybriar, who was no doubt going to be quite furious knowing that Finchstar had taken Cloverpaw out of camp overnight with horrible foxes roaming about. Before he could say anything, Finchstar had begun to speak.

As soon as the words began to flow, Cloverpaw looked towards Finchstar, trying not to see whether his family was fixing him with a hard stare or not. They were all watching their leader as he opened with a kind word, doing his best to rally them all before he shared the news. Cloverpaw, knowing what was to come, couldn't find the strength in him to take heart. What followed was even more strange: Finchstar revealed that he had once dreamed of running away, after Brookclover's death. Again the she-cat impacted the Clan. Beside him, Barleytuft made a soft sound of sympathy, his face darkening at the memory of her loss. He had known that Finchstar became distant, but he didn't realize the distance could have become permanent.

That turned out not to be the real news; this meeting was not for a confession. It was an announcement. "Raventail has left to chase the wind." Immediately Barleytuft sat up straighter, wincing from his wounds, his eyes wide with shock. "He what?" gasped the tom, and Cloverpaw murmured in response, "Dad, listen." The senior warrior twitched his tail discontentedly as he listened to Finchstar's gallant plea for understandind and forgiveness. When the tom's amber gaze met Barleytuft's dark hazel, there was only confusion and dismay there - how could Finchstar know this, or say such things? Exactly where had he and Cloverpaw been?

But Finchstar was trying to move on, speaking of the predators that threatened the moors and of the brave cats who defended them. Barleytuft wanted to feel empowered by his leader's words of praise of strength, but instead he felt confused and uncertain. Before he could speak, however, Goldengale was calling out, having stood and begun tottering forward, her swollen belly making her look a bit less intimidating and a little more distraught as she denied Raventail's departure. She was hurt and growing more upset by the moment.

Barleytuft immediately stood and moved to the golden-pelted queen's side, brushing his shoulder against hers and laying his tail comfortingly over her back. He said nothing, for he largely agreed with her words - emotionally charged though they were. The senior warrior gazed up at Finchstar, nodding firmly at his daughter's closing statement even as he murmured gently to her. "It's alright, my golden ray of light; Finchstar knows that the desires of one cat don't reflect the desires of every cat in the Clan," the warrior reassured her. To Finchstar, he continued, "Just because you think that Raventail left doesn't mean any of us would do the same. We are warriors.

Goldengale, Elmskip, Grousefrost, and I have already fought these creatures and risked our lives for the Clan fighting them. Raventail as well. He wouldn't just leave,"
Barleytuft protested.

Cloverpaw cleared his throat and nodded, saying, "No, it's true - that's where Finchstar and I went. We... We were looking for Raventail."

"And you found him? And he told you he was leaving?" the senior warrior asked, bewildered. His tail lashed behind him as he looked from Cloverpaw back to Goldengale and then up to his leader.

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2496

PostSubject: Re: Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}   Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Aspenheart walked with a rhythm. An unsteady beat, but a rhythm nonetheless. Purposeful. Intentional. He knew what he was going to say before Finchstar even called the meaning, as he knew what it was for. He carried a large leaf full of an unknown substance from within his den. He spoke to no one, but sat down gently next to Cloverpaw. His tail brushed the younger's kinked one. Comfort, perhaps. Nobody could decipher the storm the oozed and trembled in his cold seeming eyes. Enough was enough.

And then, Finchstar spoke the terrible news. His manner of speaking was so poetic and soothing that Aspenheart nearly missed it. Raventail was leaving. He was running far away. And, even with his soul screaming betrayal, the medicine cat found it in him to understand. Of course, being raised so far from here, he'd feel flighty. It was in his nature to yearn for the distant shore. Patience, temperance. Somehow, Aspenheart found it in a time of great terror and stress. Within the love for those he knew needed it. Raventail did not need a clan right now. He needed independence. It made enough sense. Barleytuft was taking it badly.

"Brother, please!" Aspenheart pleaded. "None of us know what it's like inside his mind. This is not abandonment. You know Raventail, and you know he will always come to our aid when we need him. No matter how poorly timed this was, you can't blame him for wanting his freedom! He's untethered! We've always known that." Aspenheart ducked his head, his eyes shut with frustration. "We need to be thankful he isn't dead. The wind and sky always carries us home... No matter where that home is. We can have a support group meeting about Raventail when we're not being hunted by beasts."

Clearing his throat to release the tension that buried itself deep in his heart, he unfurled the leaf. "I lost almost everything to a predator. I watched one nearly rip a hole in an apprentice. I looked over Puddlepaw's body when you all brought her home, and I watched mousemeat leak out of our warriors after foxes tore into them. I'm tired of it. If this goes to battle, so be it. I can't make that decision for you. But we need a plan B."

Aspenheart rolled the six or seven round, red berries off of the leaf. Deathberries. "For rabbits to be placed around the territory. If all else fails, I want to poison the mangy rats."

He watched for reactions. He hoped for solemn agreement as opposed to revulsion. "It's fighting dirty, but they killed one of our own. They muddied their own StarClan forsaken paws."

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}   Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} EmptySun Oct 06, 2019 7:24 pm

A wave of questioning echoed through the clearing as Finchstar spoke of Raventail's fate. Some voices were angry, others concerned. Goldengale's voice rang out through the ground as she asked for Finchstar's opinion. Rhetorical, of course, and yet the tabby felt himself wince at the jab. He wished to save his former deputy from the judgement of others, and yet felt he now stood bare against the wind. Barleytuft's voice was gentler, yet it still held the same amount of concern as the rest. Cloverpaw helped field his concerns. The silver tabby remained tired. Finchstar admired his apprentice's dedication as they trekked back from RiverClan, however he felt guilty for keeping him up so late. Sucking in a breath, the leader narrowed his eyes and wished to retreat to his nest. The promise of a poetic victory against the beasts had been enough to keep his heart above the water, however now he felt drained. Hollow, the leader shuffled his paws and perked his ears as Aspenheart spoke, pleading Raventail's case.

Finchstar's yellow eyes meant that of his medicine cat The tom spoke a silent "thank you" in his head, his heart stilling. The sun cut above the hills as Aspenheart turned the point of focus to the beasts, suggesting not a war, but trickery. The greatest bluff to have ever graced the air. "Aspenheart you brilliant cat." Finchstar spoke, a wide smile stretching on his maw, filling his hollow frame with fluff and ryegrass. "You are as intelligent as the moon itself. No more blood needs to be shed, only the crimson of berries." The leader chuckled and dipped his head, grin faultering, knowing another topic needed to be addressed as well.

"We have our solution for these beasts. And yet there are no cobwebs for the space Raventail has left. Wounds can be mended, but this is quite different. I understand your anger, and I understand your doubt. But please..." ...do not fault him. Finchstar wondered if it was too much to ask. Perhaps he was selfish, having almost made the same steps his deputy did. It was easier to have empathy when their hearts beat the same, yet all the cats in WindClan were different, and that was the beauty of it. Finchstar's eyes glazed over as he looked at his clan once more, revising his statement. "But please... remain hopeful. We will poison these beasts. We will free the moor. And our hearts will glow in the place they belong, wherever that may be..."

Another breath, steady this time. Rays of light beat down on the sand, lighting the fur of WindClan. Aspenheart's deathberries shined red on the ground, ominous, yet poetically beautiful. This day would be a day to tell stories of. The elders would spin tales to their kits about the beasts who had been conquered by wits alone. And Finchstar smiled and hoped deep down that Raventail would return. It was foolish optimism, but it was all he had. "WindClan. Tonight we will fool monsters, plant the rabbits outside their tunnels, and kill them slowly as grace takes us once again..."

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} Sig11

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}   Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} EmptyMon Oct 07, 2019 7:48 am

The comfort of a pelt at her side brought her gaze towards it, and as her father whispered words of comfort into her ear she pressed against him as much as she possibly could, wishing for a brief moment that she could hide behind his legs under his belly again. Cloverpaw spoke up, and she felt her breath catch. So they had been out, looking for him. The response to Barleytuft's question didn't come, as Aspenheart came lurching out of his den in his wild gait. The medicine cat pleaded for them to try to understand, speaking in understanding. Goldengale couldn't bring herself to understand though. As much as she had wished, wanted to see beyond the horizons, and chase the breeze to it's resting place, she had responsibilities. She had a promise to uphold to her fellow warriors, her mate, her family. And that promise tethered her, completely. Even when she was tethered by the small kit she was creating, there was her duty there as well.

Even as she wanted to yowl her frustrations, Aspenheart brought up a good point.... Thoughts about Raventail's questionable decisions and motives could wait until the talk of the predators hunting them had been had, and they had been forced away or killed... Her heart told her it wouldn't be easy. The medicine cat spoke of the potentials that battle had, and she winced at the thought, stomach churning at the images his words conjured. He then rolled some bright red berries off of the leaf, and Goldengale stared at them. Deathberries? Aspenheart proceeded to explain his plan, and the queen nodded to herself. It just might work, but... Once Finchstar had voice his agreement, she spoke up once again. "We'll have to be completely sure that the apprentices, and any cat, knows that these rabbits are not safe to eat and need to be avoided as much as possible."

Wincing at the reminder of Raventail's betrayal, she turned to Aspenheart. "I can help prepare the rabbits, since there's not much else I can do. Please, Aspenheart, let me help."

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} 25403010 Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} 25403011 Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} 25403012

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} Giphy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}   Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} EmptyTue Oct 08, 2019 7:48 am

Rabbitleaf, though it was not particularly brave of him, stood silent, listening to the pleas and cries of his clanmates towards their leader, Finchstar, who seemed so down-trodden at the hole left by Raventail's absence. He was all too familiar with grief, loss, the burden left by those who were forced to live, to live in vain hope that your loved ones will return when there was no guarantee of anything. He didn't wish such a heavy weight on anyone, but it seemed that this vine had already snuck into the clan, strangling out the light within.

He nearly turned away to leave, he'd heard enough. But then, Aspenheart came up with a plan, a solution to at least one of their woes, and Finchstar, for that brief moment seemed to have parted the leaves of the vines to see the sky again. He had no words to offer, no clever schemes, but he had a working jaw and four paws. So he offered what little he could to his clan. "I'll speak with the apprentices about the dangers of the berries, Goldengale. We'll need more rabbits than what we have, I'll take the apprentices out once the sun is high, foxes won't move during the heat of the day."
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}   Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} EmptyWed Oct 09, 2019 11:45 am

The sound of unsteady, thudding pawsteps made Cloverpaw's ears twitch as he watched his father grow more agitated. The silver apprentice turned back to see Aspenheart a tail-length away bearing a tightly-bound leaf. The medicine cat brushed his tail against Cloverpaw's, and the young tom twitched his tail slightly back in response. The apprentice thought little of whatever Aspenheart had carried with him; he could've been in the middle of anything when Finchstar had called to begin speaking. Cloverpaw simply watched the scene unfold further, quickly becoming more grateful for his uncle-by-honor's presence.

Another voice spoke before Barleytuft could get an answer from Finchstar. Aspenheart had had joined he and Cloverpaw, and he was now interrupting the senior warrior's demanding questions. Even if it was likely for the best, the pale cream tabby warrior gritted his teeth. He wanted to argue and insist that he was right - that Raventail wouldn't just go, not with everything going on - but truthfully, the gray-and-white tom's words hurt more because of it. "He's untethered! We've always known that." Barleytuft's response was a small, dissatisfied hiss, but he kept his gaze on the other tom as he continued that Raventail's disappearance was less important than the presence of the predators plaguing the territory. His perspective of the deaths and maimings plaguing the Clan were certainly different and lended much to his desire to end the trauma.

Cloverpaw leaned in with vivid interest and curiosity as Aspenheart expressed the need for a plan B. When the older tom revealed the bright red berries in the leaf, the apprentice felt an uncomfortable feeling drift through his fur. He gave his uncle a questioning look of half-recognition, and then Aspenheart confirmed his suspicion. "If all else fails, I want to poison the mangy rats." So they were deathberries! They'd only been mentioned to him in passing, but it had been mentioned, having spent so long in the medicine den. Immediately Cloverpaw's round face was split with a look of wonder and amazement, a grin turning up his lips. He agreed wholeheartedly with Aspenheart's words: Who cares if it's fighting dirty if the predators would stop at nothing to destroy them?

Barleytuft watched Aspenheart reveal his plan with a doubtful expression. It did feel wrong to waste prey that StarClan provided for them, and it seemed even more strange to trick the foxes and kill them without even expecting it, yet what other options did they have? As Finchstar expressed his praise, and Cloverpaw's wonder and approval was evident on his face, Barleytuft considered his wounds - his and others. Who knew how many of the cursed creatures there were? The whole Clan would've struggled to take down the four of them, but what if there were even more? It didn't seem impossible, but defeating them would be. The foxes would never cease hunting them down on their own territory without a lesson...

... perhaps the deathberries needed to be it. After a time the senior warrior nodded solemnly, and Goldengale's voice called out the need to educate the apprentices. Barleytuft let out a tired sigh as he gazed at his pregnant daughter. When did you get so old? he wondered sadly, but now wasn't the time. He nodded. "I pray StarClan has starved their crowfood-rotten bellies to get them in the mood for their final meal," the tom muttered darkly. He refused to acknowledge the mention of Raventail; he couldn't begin to understand how to feel about his dear friend's disappearance. He's known the tom since kithood...

Cloverpaw looked aside at his father, ears flicking somewhat uncomfortably at the bitter tone the tom possessed. Still, the silver tabby was in awe of Aspenheart's intelligence as Finchstar had been. When Rabbitleaf commented, Cloverpaw grinned and said, "I'll be ready when you are!"

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}   Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2} Empty

Back to top Go down

Hazey {OPEN - WC PLOT TOPIC #2}
Page 1 of 1