Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Torn Claws to Match

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Torn Claws to Match Empty
PostSubject: Torn Claws to Match   Torn Claws to Match EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 18:04

The long-furred gray and white she-cat limped into RiverClan camp, hissing in pain and grumbling under her breath at her luck. Figures that frog would jump at the last moment, sending her paw straight into the twisted root of that willow tree..... And breaking one of her sharp claws right in half. Stars that hurt! She had stared down at her paw as it bled silently for several heartbeats, locating the missing part of her claw through eyes narrowed with pain. Letting her hunting companions know where her prey had been buried, she had begun the long trek back to camp, wincing and hissing with every step. For StarClan's sake, this hurt almost as bad as the wounds from the eagle! She entered the medicine cat den and called out. "Hey, umm, Mistlepaw? I broke my claw, and it's bleeding and really hurts. Do you have anything that can help?"

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Torn Claws to Match Giphy
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 742

PostSubject: Re: Torn Claws to Match   Torn Claws to Match EmptyMon 30 Sep 2019 - 18:49

Mistlepaw glanced over her shoulder at the gray and white she-cat, yellow-green eyes studying for a moment. She didn't notice any injuries..until the warrior pointed out her claw. She shuddered, her tail twitching in discomfort; that had to have hurt. "Yeah, I'm sure I have something for it. Come on in and make yourself comfortable. I'll be back in a moment," she gestured towards one of the empty nests, before padding off into the darkness of the den. The medicine cat apprentice nosed through her pile of herbs, murmuring to herself as she searched. "No, not that one...might need some wet moss to clean it out, though, I'll bring it just in case. No, the wound isn't deep enough for cobwebs or poppy seeds. Ah, yes, comfrey root. Glad those aren't out of stock yet," with a purr, the young gray tuxedo lifted the herbs with her jaw and carried them back to where Dappleshine was residing.

Mistlepaw laid the two items at the warrior's paw, and bent down to inspect the wound. She grimaced, shaking her head,
"you really should be more careful, Dappleshine. You could've knocked the whole claw off; you're already half way...hold still, this will sting for a moment." She gave her a moment to compose herself, before gently dabbing the moss at her claw. She made sure to be very careful, and stopped occasionally to check if her patient was fairing well. Once the wound was clean, she chewed the comfrey root into a poultice and gingerly rubbed it onto the claw. "There, all done," she meowed, stepping back to admire her work. It seemed yesterday she was stumbling over what herbs to use, and her poultices were extremely sloppy. Now they looked almost as good as Pricklebush's! The memory of the tan tom saddened her, but she forced the memories back. "Stay off the paw for a few days while it heals, okay? Let me know if it swells or the pain gets worse."

Torn Claws to Match Tenor Torn Claws to Match Original Torn Claws to Match 2ea9ee7a2f752d4ca128ceca83302ddbacf0ca70r1-268-268_00

☾ sparrowpaw of thunderclan (#cc9966) 
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Torn Claws to Match   Torn Claws to Match EmptyWed 2 Oct 2019 - 13:48

"Thank you, Mistlepaw. I'm sorry to bother you." She mewed quietly, making her way over to one of the open nests while Mistlepaw rummaged through her stores. The scents of the den were a bit overwhelming, but after several heartbeats it seemed to lessen into an almost soothing combination of herbs gently wafting across her scent glands. It wasn't long before Mistlepaw returned to her front, carrying a bundle of herbs in her jaws. Lifting her paw instinctively for Mistlepaw to inspect, she chuckled lightly. "Yeah, that fish-brained frog noticed me at the last moment, and the trees move for no cat. No matter how much we wish them to." She steeled herself for the pain as Mistlepaw ever so gently dabbed at the torn claw with some wet moss, always nodding that she was fine when the medicine cat apprentice hesitated and asked if she was okay. Finally, the wound was clean, and she had a brief reprieve as Mistlepaw chewed the comfrey and gingerly spread it on and around the claw.

Once she had stepped back, Dappleshine lifted her paw to admire the work and purred, gaze meeting the young she-cat's. "It looks fantastic, and it already hurts less! Thank you, Mistlepaw. I'll be sure to follow your instructions." Dappleshine hesitated for a little bit, thoughts running through her head before she came to her decision. "Hey, umm, Mistlepaw.. I just... Well, I wanted to say that... That I'm really proud of you. You've come a long way, and learned so much, and... You're a great medicine cat, Mistlepaw. You'll do great things, I'm sure of it. You're so smart, and gentle, and no matter what you've always seen things through and... well, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're amazing, and I'm really proud of all you've done." She shifted her weight slightly in the nest, giving the medicine cat apprentice a warm, tentative smile. It might not mean much, especially after Mistlepaw losing so many of her loved ones, but it was true.

Even if Mistlepaw might not realize it, Dappleshine had, and she was proud of how far the young cat had come.

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 742

PostSubject: Re: Torn Claws to Match   Torn Claws to Match EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 17:34

Mistlepaw's fur heated at the compliments and she smiled shyly at Dappleshine. Her, a great medicine cat? Was that what she really thought of her as? She cleared her throat, unable to hide the appreciative smile growing on her face. "Ah..well, thank you for your kind words, Dappleshine. I won't ever forget them." The medicine cat apprentice meant that. With all the death that had been trailing behind her for the last few sunrises, it felt...nice to know that her efforts were being noticed. She had not been able to save Jaystar or Larkfeather..but she had made a difference in the clan. Even if it was only plucking a thorn out of a kit's pad, she had done something beneficial to them. She was performing her duties. She was being helpful. She was growing. Her den had gone from a disorganized mess to a proper healer's den. Her wound healing had improved significantly; her poultices were neater than they had ever been before. Dappleshine was right- Mistlepaw had come a long way, even if she didn't notice it before.

"O-Oh, I'm sorry-" the gray and white she-cat meowed, embarrassed that she spaced out right in front of the experienced warrior, "can I get you anything? Are you hungry? I could go look at the fresh-kill pile if you'd like. Is your nest okay?" She felt as if she needed to make up for her lack of focus by busying herself with Dappleshine's needs. It was the least she could do, after the kind words the warrior had shared with her.

Torn Claws to Match Tenor Torn Claws to Match Original Torn Claws to Match 2ea9ee7a2f752d4ca128ceca83302ddbacf0ca70r1-268-268_00

☾ sparrowpaw of thunderclan (#cc9966) 
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Torn Claws to Match   Torn Claws to Match EmptyMon 7 Oct 2019 - 4:47

The smile that blossomed on the younger she-cat's face showed her appreciation before she spoke it, and Mistlepaw promised that she wouldn't forget them. Dappleshine nodded with a purr, glad that she had been able to break through the clouds of grief that had hung over her shoulders. The silence stretched a little longer than Dappleshine initially realized, as she was watching the expressions cross Mistlepaw's face as her thoughts ran through only StarClan truly knew what, but Dappleshine had an idea. And if her thoughts were along the lines of what the warrior thought, well that was certainly good. At least she had brought some recognition and comfort to the medicine cat apprentice by pointing out to her what had been so clear to so many others.

Suddenly, embarrassment was at the front of the she-cat's expression, and Dappleshine's head tilted slightly as she spoke. "Oh!" Dappleshine exclaimed, a reassuring smile forming once more. "No thank you Mistlepaw, I'm just fine. The nest is fine, soft and comfortable. Are the apprentices doing well with helping you get more Moss for them, or should I speak with them about it?" She tucked herself deeper into the nest, showing just how nice it was, but she was concerned about Mistlepaw getting the help she deserved, apprentices seemed to not forget about the elders as much as they groaned about it - after all, stories - but the medicine cat helping duties seemed to fall to the side more often than Dappleshine herself preferred.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torn Claws to Match   Torn Claws to Match Empty

Back to top Go down

Torn Claws to Match
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp :: RiverClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: