Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Once I Knew You [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6659

Once I Knew You [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Once I Knew You [Closed]   Once I Knew You [Closed] EmptySun 22 Sep 2019 - 18:42

He wasn't a frequenter of the wishing pond, nor did the former warrior indulge himself in the kit-like fantasies that wishes could come true. But it seemed after so long in Starclan his paws had finally drawn him to this place. In its own way, paradise had been a condemning thing. There was no jubilant reunion of kin or long-awaited peace that washed over the long-legged, ginger tom. Here, he found as much solace as one might have found in the Dark Forest. There was no gnawing hunger or pain but his heart held its own irreplaceable ache. Flamestrike had been slow of speech and heavy of thought throughout his time in the forest. And yet, it seemed that his own brilliance had been colored by the disillusion that his unforgettable code-breaking would go unnoticed. Moons had dragged on as his kits grew older. Littlestar had been a wonderful mother. But it was all just one falsehood after another. His mate had been deprived of an intimate relationship with her kits. Their family split. And the burden of a conscious was an unbearably heavy thing.

The tom wanted to spit venom on his own honorable nature.

Sitting nearly alone with his own mind in the elder's den, an early retirement due to a fractured leg, had weighed heavy. Choices did not drown with ease. As he settled down near the surface of the pond, the grizzled warrior let out a low sigh. His nose just barely touched the edge of the water, hardly sending a ripple through it. He stared down the bridge of his nose and watched the fish dance their endless dance. Each starry creature seemed ignorant in its eternal pursuit. Perhaps he was just as star-brained as them. Flamestrike had felt that way since his death. Since watching his son murder his own mother in cold-blood at the Thunderpath. Fractured. Broken. They couldn't have healed the lives they condemned themselves to for the sake of love. At some point the secret would have been revealed, breaking the surface as he did now with one claw. Flamestrike found himself willing for a way out. For some distant peace. Starclan would never provide such a thing. Besides, he had been allotted a forever here already. What more could his own selfish heart want? Love. A family. Hope. Belonging. All out of paws reach.

There was a slight stirring as a shadow fell over the pond, a reflection.

Without moving his head from the top of his paws, the whites of his eyes flashed, the green depths of his gaze sparkling with surprise. Could it be? After all this time?

Once I Knew You [Closed] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6625

Once I Knew You [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once I Knew You [Closed]   Once I Knew You [Closed] EmptyFri 4 Oct 2019 - 11:52

It seemed that all she did these days was wander... though she loved spending time with her sons, her grandkits, her brother, the old wounds inside her never healed. All she did was wander and contemplate where everything all went wrong... Her life had been hard enough before love complicated everything. From her mentor dying right after she became his apprentice, she should have known that StarClan wouldn't ever make it easy for her. Still she trained, still she learned. The only member of her family she truly loved was her brother, after her father mostly forgot about her. She gained her name... took an apprentice, the sweetest she-cat. Her father became mates with her apprentice's sister, who then attempted to murder her in the medicine den one day. Some tom she barely knew called Flamestrike had come in to help her... if she'd known what would eventually happen, well. She couldn't say that she would have chosen any differently. Likely, if she lived life again, she would have made many of the same choices. She was a fallible living being, after all. And she could do nothing against those eyes.

However, he'd betrayed her. Their love notwithstanding, eventually the strain had been too much. And just before going to meet StarClan himself, he'd ensured that her life and their kits' lives would be broken forever. She didn't even have much of a chance to explore her new, shattered reality, before it caught up to her in the form of her disillusioned and frantic son, killing her beside the Thunderpath in a move that would shape his own life more than her actions had. So, with the grace of Puddlepaw, she had found herself here. "Paradise." At first there had been some happiness, some relief from the obligations and strain and judgement of the world below... only to find that judgement wasn't something that went away with your old life. Cats here were the same as down there. And she commonly found herself either looked down on or constantly looked to for advice, a duality that stretched her to her limits. But since Gingerstripe and Firestone had made it home, she had been making a point of spending time with them, gaining some of the family they'd never really had. But it wasn't complete. It never would be. Because there was no way that he would ever-

Abruptly, the slim golden she-cat stopped in her tracks. She'd never thought much of the phrase "speak of the Dark Forest, and they appear." But here was the very tom her thoughts had strayed to again... his orange pelt seemed frayed and worn as it had been in the last years of his life, and his shoulders were hunched in a familiar despondency as he stared vacantly into the wishing pond. Flamestrike. Her former mate. He looked old. And here she was, as young as she had been before they ever really interacted. No scar on her unmarred, delicate throat. No worn-down pads, no devastated shadows under her eyes. Unblemished. Unlike her heart. After standing starstruck for a moment or two, she was about to tiptoe away before he noticed her- but then she saw his eyes widen, and it was too late. She'd made a mistake... she shouldn't have left her usual spot. Something drew Honeydrop to him, but she ignored it resolutely, feeling her narrow shoulders set back with a tiny bit of resolution. Some firmness she'd never really had in life. With a silent, shaky inhalation of breath, she turned away to go.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down

Once I Knew You [Closed]
Page 1 of 1