Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans, each suffering in a way of their own, fight to maintain the normal peaceful life they built. What struggles await them with the shifting seasons?
Leaf-fall has come at last, and the trees are shifting colors. Cooler nights linger, and the morning dawns misted.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Here Is Where It Begins (closed)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chickenscreamcheesewing

Chickenscreamcheesewing

Characters : Swanpaw, Minkpaw/Strom [dead/somewhere: Murkpaw, Rift]
Female
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 412
Clan/Rank : SkyClan, Outsiders/Golden Boys

Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Here Is Where It Begins (closed)   Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 12:12 am

Strom padded through the night, moonlight shining on silver rivers of grass bending to the breeze. More or less silently, he made his way to the meeting point under the starry skies. Beneath the open sky his spirits seemed to soar, lifting him on wings of brimming light and carrying him into the unknown on its sweet song. Free, finally free. The words rang through his head, echoed in the rustling of the grass around his paws it parted beneath them. Free. The word had never sounded so sweet, so meaningful. He was alone here, just a single cat making his way beneath the moon and stars above; free of the worries, free of the memories that had plagued him for so long. Yet, somehow he felt less alone in this vast emptiness than he had in an entire Clan of others. His eyes glinted in the faint light as he turned them up to view the stars scattered in a glimmering band across the black canvas of the night, a smile coming to his muzzle as his paws moved him ever onwards to his goal.

He reached it as the moon came close to approaching its zenith, a breeze rustling through the grass and his fur, bringing with it a myriad of scents. A smile broke over his face as a particularly familiar one brushed across his tongue. A moment later, a pair of glinting eyes set in a dark pelt met his own, and his smile widened into a grin, a purr rumbling in his throat. "Hello stranger. Fancy seeing you here."

Pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Rift | Murkpaw | Strom/Minkpaw | Swanpaw
Arts(currently closed)
Back to top Go down
Holly the Witch

Holly the Witch

Characters : | Mothpaw | Batbite | Zinnia |
Female
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 3498
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan MCA | ThunderClan Runaway | ??? |

PostSubject: Re: Here Is Where It Begins (closed)   Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Batbite was drifting, though in a specific direction for once. She'd taken off after her talk with Oakstar, ready at last to leave ThunderClan behind - for a time or forever, she wasn't yet sure. The future would come for them as it always did, after all, and she didn't know how it would affect them. But for now she was happy not to be alone.

"Indeed, it's a fine night to meet a stranger," Batbite purred. "Hello, Strom. I'm glad to see you found your way out here safely. Did you have much trouble?" She imagined that RiverClan's leader wouldn't take so kindly to one of his own leaving as Oakstar had, after all; but regardless her friend was here with her and remained in one piece.

Mothpaw ~ Batbite ~ Zinnia
ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ Outsider
Medicine Cat Apprentice ~ Runaway ~ Def. Rogue
Tier 0 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Chickenscreamcheesewing

Chickenscreamcheesewing

Female
Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Here Is Where It Begins (closed)   Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 2:30 am

Strom sat as she replied, waving his tail lightly behind him. Seeing her and hearing her voice again... it was like waking up from a bad dream to know, for sure, that leaving everything behind him hadn't been a mistake. Relief, reciprocating her own, filled him as she showed no sign of encountering any opposition. Deep inside, some part of him had worried that her Clan had found out about the whole thing, that maybe she wouldn't be there, and he would be alone.... He forced the thought out of his mind, his grin fading slightly as he shook his head. "No, I didn't have any trouble at all." He let one corner of his mouth twitch up, a slight wryness slipping into his smile. "But that might have something to do with me slipping out under Torrentstar's nose."

It wasn't like he'd had anyone other than Dappleshine to tell about his leaving, anyway. He shook off the melancholy thought, and the brief sadness that gripped his heart at its reminder; instead letting the feeling of this night and its new beginnings thrill through his veins once again. Glancing up at the stars twinkling far above, he felt the breeze rustling through the grass around them, swirling through his fur and away towards the horizon. He looked back at Batbite, a tingling in his paws as his gaze met her own again. "But we can talk more on the way."

Pics of me cats:

Arts(currently closed)
Back to top Go down
Holly the Witch

Holly the Witch

Female
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Here Is Where It Begins (closed)   Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2019 2:12 pm

"You didn't even tell him?" Batbite asked curiously. "That's... I couldn't imagine doing that," she admitted softly. "Oakstar tried to get me to talk to the medicine cats, and get travelling herbs for the journey if nothing else, but... Well, I couldn't do that to them." The sentence 'I think maybe my brothers hate me now, too' was on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't dare to say it. It was better not to think about it, that she'd left them with an unsure promise of an uncertain return.

"You're right," she agreed with no reason not to - no pride to protect, be it her own or her Clan's - as she set one paw in front of the other, slowly following a path beyond the place she'd called her home for as long as she could remember. Her next words were purred more than spoken, light and playful. "Let's go, then; I know if nothing else I'd love to hear of your daring escape from RiverClan."

And if there was a spark in her eye that hadn't been there before as she lightly teased her friend and took things one step at a time; if every step forward felt like another spark of hope for the future, another step away from all the death and all the pain... Well. The only cat who might notice any of those things was beside her, and he wasn't judging her for leaving her past behind.

Tier 0 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Chickenscreamcheesewing

Chickenscreamcheesewing

Female
Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Here Is Where It Begins (closed)   Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 1:42 am

Strom twitched his tail uncomfortably behind him - the equivalent of a sheepish shrug - at her question as they began padding on their journey again. It somehow hadn't occurred to him that she would have asked her own leader. But then... Torrentstar's eternally stern face flashed into his memory, a condescending gaze staring down at him coldly no matter what he did. Somehow I don't think he would have let me leave....

He shook off the thought and laughed at Batbite's playful words, his own paws again feeling light as they traced out a path into the endless horizon. "Daring? He probably just thinks I snuck out and fell into the Gorge. But..." He paused for a heartbeat, an irresistible thought flitting by. How long had it been since he'd told an astronomically tall tale that couldn't have happened, well... ever? "If you want a daring escape..."

A gleam sparked in his eyes as he weaved an almost ludicrous tale with just enough truth in it from the real events to obscure what had and hadn't happened. It was strange, the effect of being around someone he knew and trusted. It was almost like- like- The faces of his littermates flashed through his mind, their eyes - full of joy and free of pain - sparkling in his memory. Joking around and enjoying life, they'd often swapped tall tales, and sometimes gotten in trouble for it, too. The thought of them was still painful, but it didn't seem quite as bad out here, talking with Batbite.

All too soon, as streaks of light began to bloom into the sky, a shadow appeared on the horizon - a solid shape cutting through the soft colours of the dawn. Strom pricked his ears as it loomed above the more natural shapes of a few low shrubs scattered in the long grass. "Is that...?" His voice broke the lull in conversation, and he paused, almost not daring to say it. "What we've been looking for?"

Pics of me cats:

Arts(currently closed)
Back to top Go down
Holly the Witch

Holly the Witch

Female
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Here Is Where It Begins (closed)   Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 4:53 am

Stories, both the telling and the listening of them, was something Batbite enjoyed greatly; and so Strom's storytelling was met with excitement and curiosity. At least, up until they reached their destination.

"It is," Batbite confirmed as they finally arrived. "We're here," she added a moment later, sounding almost disbelieving. But as far as she knew, her eyes weren't lying to her; and neither was the structure standing tall before them. "I've never been this close to it before. Somehow I expected something different." Different how, she couldn't quite say, but different nonetheless. "But it doesn't matter, does it? The only thing that matters is whatever we want to do... So, I ask of you; what do you want to do now?"

Because, at this particular moment in time, Batbite was aimless and drifting. She wanted to do everything, and she wanted to do nothing, and she wanted all of it to happen all at once and not at all. It was easier, then, to look to her friend for an answer until she could find one of her own; and so that was what she did.

Tier 0 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Chickenscreamcheesewing

Chickenscreamcheesewing

Female
Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Here Is Where It Begins (closed)   Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2019 6:42 pm

Batbite sounded almost as disbelieving as he felt, though maybe for a different reason. For Strom, here was the future, stark against the dawn, an intriguing, new place. Yet he could have sworn it was almost familiar, in a personal sort of way. His mind flashed back to a few sunrises ago, when he'd seen it standing against the blue sky, distant and yet calling to him. The smell that drifted on the wind seemed heady, laden with something he could barely grasp. I wasn't born here. But it smells almost the same.... He shook the thought off with a mental snort. How would he be able to remember what a place he'd barely even been in smelled like?

Batbite's question rang out in the breezy morning air, and he stared at the shadow on the horizon for a moment. Eventually, his tail-tip twitched, and he turned to look at her. "I guess we go in. May as well check it out, right?"

Pics of me cats:

Arts(currently closed)
Back to top Go down
Holly the Witch

Holly the Witch

Female
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Here Is Where It Begins (closed)   Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2019 3:19 pm

Investigation was as good a course of action as any other she could think of, and so Batbite agreed easily. "Alright. Let's see what it's like, up close and personal!" There was an energy to her voice she'd been lacking lately; the promise of adventure and curious things on the horizon. Her movements, too, seemed more carefree without the weight of a warrior's duties.

Tier 0 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Chickenscreamcheesewing

Chickenscreamcheesewing

Female
Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Here Is Where It Begins (closed)   Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 8:38 pm

Strom purred in reply, his own ears pricking as they approached. Up close, it was a lot bigger, and of course, more detailed than a dark shadow on the horizon. But the sheer scale intrigued him, and he probed it with his eyes, spotting a hole big enough for a cat to slip through in the side, the wood worn down and dulled, rather than fresh and sharp. "It looks like other cats have been here, anyway," He murmured, tasting the air just in case he could scent anything fresh. There was nothing apart from dust and the smell of dried grasses, which was slightly disappointing.

The inside was as dusty and dim as it had looked from the outside, and he glanced around as his eyes adjusted, spotting giant mounds of dried grass like dark giants in the gloom. A squeak caught his ears, and they swiveled towards its source, catching the sound of tiny scuttling paws skittering away. "Sounds like plenty of prey, too," He added.

Pics of me cats:

Arts(currently closed)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Is Where It Begins (closed)   Here Is Where It Begins (closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here Is Where It Begins (closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Abandoned Barn-
Jump to: