Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Into the Future!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

Into the Future! Empty
PostInto the Future!

Hello my friends

As you all have most likely noticed by now, I vanished again.  I'm really sorry about that, but while I was away I took some time to do some deep thinking and contemplating, and I've come to a very hard decision.  For the last year or so, I've begun to realize that I had become complacent when it comes to my writing habits.  For many years now, since before I joined WCC, I've had so many ideas forming in my imagination for books, stories I wanted to share with the world, including one that has been brewing for probably five years now.  The only problem was, at the time I felt my writing skills weren't what I desired them to be, and when I tried to write these stories I could only see how imperfect and unimpressive they seemed compared to what I had imagined.  So, I decided to get a bit more practice so I could do them justice, and that's when I found WCC.  That was one of the best decisions of my life; over the two (almost three) years I've been here with you all, my writing skills have improved tremendously.  That is thanks to you amazing writers around me, both encouraging and mentally challenging me to do better, to go further, to captivate and draw in others to my character's lives through the gift we all share.  I've made many posts on this site that I consider my best work...so far.  In recent times though, I've begun to feel that I'm holding myself back.  With as much as I pour into WCC, I haven't focused on anything outside of it writing-wise in a long time, and I feel I've reached both a platou...and a crossroad.  I've plateaued in my writing skills; as much fun as roleplaying is, it's become harder and harder for me to write long chapters, and being restricted to a rule system and a character limit has begun to feel binding.  And there lies the crossroad, and I've finally accepted my choice.

I've decided to retire from roleplaying.  This site has been such a blessing, allowing me a space to experiment and learn and chat with likeminded friends, and I will always be grateful for that.  Deciding what to do with my three remaining characters was the hardest choice of all, and I've decided to let them go without death topics.  Magpiepaw, my poor bean, succumbed to early leaf-fall illness.  Leopardclaw, who was the hardest to consider letting go, gave his last life to save a young clanmate from the fox who killed Ridgelight's kits.  Night, my restless wanderer, left the forest behind and struck out on a new adventure, and I'd like to think he someday reunited with Chirp in the mountains.  I'd like to apologize to those who had topics ongoing with me, and to those who I made plots with; I hope you'll understand my decision.  Also, in regards to the StarClan Masterlist, I would guess it will be turned over to staff if they wish to continue it.

I'm not leaving totally though!  I'll still be around on the Discord to chat, and might even pop in on the site every once in a while!  Who knows, someday if the urge hits me, I might make a kitter again, we'll see!  For now, though, this is goodbye.

From shy new member who didn't know where the new post button was, to warrior, to deputy, to moderator, to leader, to retiree...and hopefully, someday, to author, the beautiful spirit and heart of both WCC and Warrior Cats has and always will be with me.  

Thank you <3

- RainyHeart, Rainy, Rainu, Rayknee :p

Into the Future! Tenor

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Into the Future! :: Comments

Lizz
Re: Into the Future!
Post Sun 8 Sep 2019 - 20:15 by Lizz
Goodbye Rainy! I hope you have a marvelous time writing books. When you finish your first one, please let us know so I can buy them all!
Ice
Post Sun 8 Sep 2019 - 20:58 by Ice
I enjoyed RPing with you and know everyone here will miss you very much. I wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors, and hope you find adventure and success with your dream of becoming and author.

<3 Ice
Kari
Post Sun 8 Sep 2019 - 21:37 by Kari
ACK FEELS

Ily Rainy, and all the luck on the books!!
Post Mon 9 Sep 2019 - 22:51 by 8155666
goodbye, rainy <3 best of luck to you
Chickenwing
Post Fri 27 Sep 2019 - 0:27 by Chickenwing
Goodbye, Rainy, and good luck with the stories! Love to see where you go with your writing from here! <3
Post  by Sponsored content

Into the Future!

Page 1 of 1