Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Change is picking its way through the forest again: changing names, promoting ranks, taking lives. Will the shaky time of peace last?
September's Activity Check is complete. If you missed the check, please PM a staff members with your characters' information.
Greenleaf is present, but the nights aren't as long as they were a moon ago. Cool mists now blanket the mornings.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Implement StarClan Guidelines?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
sumashira

Characters : [A]mberdawn/Marmalade | [B]arleytuft | [C]loverpaw | [D]acepaw
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1474
Clan/Rank : [A/M] Kittypet MC[1] | [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC App | [D] TC App

Implement StarClan Guidelines? Empty
PostSubject: Implement StarClan Guidelines?   Implement StarClan Guidelines? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 3:19 pm

This isn't a staff suggestion, this is just suma noticing thoughts and wanting to share and have them be shared! :)

A few members brought up in the Discord chat today that StarClan is wildly inconsistent on the site, from benevolent sages to physically violent warriors to passive watchers. I thought it was interesting - as I have thought of it myself many times - and thought it might make a good discussion or, potentially, change to the site if a lot of people felt the same.

My biggest concern right away is that adding StarClan guidelines gives roleplayers one more guide to read and lines to follow as well as giving staff one more thing to moderate.

However, maybe making a basic set of rules for how StarClan cats can interact would be useful in helping to make the WCC universe more cohesive and make the ancestors a little less.... difficult to fully support.

I'd love to hear more thoughts!

Implement StarClan Guidelines? 0Ea3mAN
Dacepaw of ThunderClan |
Apprentice [20/80]
Marmalade the Kittypet |
ex-Medicine Cat [45/100]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Cloverpaw of WindClan
Apprentice [20/80]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
sumashira

Characters : [A]mberdawn/Marmalade | [B]arleytuft | [C]loverpaw | [D]acepaw
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1474
Clan/Rank : [A/M] Kittypet MC[1] | [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC App | [D] TC App

PostSubject: Re: Implement StarClan Guidelines?   Implement StarClan Guidelines? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 3:43 pm

A thought from Grizz on Discord:

grizzly wrote:
okay i'm not in the right headspace to make an articulated post in the official topic for this discussion on site but i want to spew some thoughts into the open so people can steal them: i personally think starclan should be way more cryptic and prophetic than it is currently. every meddie at one point or another just has a starclan cat hand them a plainspoken fact, and where's the fun in that? where's the decoding of a message, trying to solve a mystery to help a forest? starclan reveals way too much at once sometimes and we definitely could use some framework for it

why shouldn't starclan want cats to figure it out for themselves instead of just handing it to them?

Implement StarClan Guidelines? 0Ea3mAN
Dacepaw of ThunderClan |
Apprentice [20/80]
Marmalade the Kittypet |
ex-Medicine Cat [45/100]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Cloverpaw of WindClan
Apprentice [20/80]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Jay Bird

Characters : Hailsong ♀ / Berrycloud ♂ / Redkit ♀
Female
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 3479
Clan/Rank : Riverclan

PostSubject: Re: Implement StarClan Guidelines?   Implement StarClan Guidelines? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 7:36 pm

I must agree on Starclan being too direct in saying stuff to meddies. It is not fun at all that they just throw facts to them without the cat trying to discover what they meant

°Berrycloud° | ºRedpawº | Lynxpaw
Tom/ RC [Tier 4] Warrior | She-cat/ RC Apprentice | Tom/ SC Apprentice

Deceased Masterlist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Implement StarClan Guidelines?   Implement StarClan Guidelines? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Implement StarClan Guidelines?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Comments & Suggestions-