Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Change is picking its way through the forest again: changing names, promoting ranks, taking lives. Will the shaky time of peace last?
September's Activity Check is complete. If you missed the check, please PM a staff members with your characters' information.
Greenleaf is present, but the nights aren't as long as they were a moon ago. Cool mists now blanket the mornings.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ripped's Not Logged In
Anonymous

Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Empty
PostSubject: Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot   Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 1:15 pm

Currently, leaders and deputies cannot get the 4th slot people.do when they rank up to a Tier 5.

I believe in CHANGE

Recently, leaders and deputies were encouraged to continue keeping track of stats and ranking as normal were they to use their position.

Similar to the reason the role came about, I think that leaders or deputies who prove their ability to be active should still get the slot.

I don't think it would create bias by any means because people would still be working for it as normal and ot would add more purpose to ranking for these specific roles since they're involved in so many topics any ways. If a leader or deputy is deemed to be inactive by staff (ie cannot currently keep up with required rank duties) then they would have to hold off or focus on the clan and character instead of rankings.

Idk

I think this would be good and make sense (especially for losers like me who got picked for deputy right before ranking to the 4th slot eligible)
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
sumashira

Characters : [A]mberdawn/Marmalade | [B]arleytuft | [C]loverpaw | [D]acepaw
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1474
Clan/Rank : [A/M] Kittypet MC[1] | [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC App | [D] TC App

PostSubject: Re: Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot   Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 1:20 pm

If I recall, the reason that we didn't allow leaders/deputies to utilize a 4th slot is because we want them to focus on their leadership position rather than another character.

... I guess realistically, though, they could simply get the 4th slot from one of their other characters and then it doesn't matter what our intention was. I hadn't really considered that before.

I would take it into consideration. I would want to know what the rest of staff thinks. ^^

Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot 0Ea3mAN
Dacepaw of ThunderClan |
Apprentice [20/80]
Marmalade the Kittypet |
ex-Medicine Cat [45/100]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Cloverpaw of WindClan
Apprentice [20/80]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt

Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 803
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat ; (D) RiverClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 2 Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot   Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 1:21 pm

I agree with this completely - medicine cats that reach Tier 4 get the extra slot so why not leaders and deputies, especially since they're also keeping tracks of ranks for if/when they retire or whateber happens so they drop back to normal warrior status. I think as long as they have gone through the effort just like the others, it should be perfectly fine :)

Mossbloom (She-Cat): 45 HP/100 SP ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 1) (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat): 80 HP/240 SP RiverClan Warrior (Tier 4) (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat): 45 HP/160 SP WindClan Warrior (Tier 2) (ff9900)

Mossy's Information Compilation
Back to top Go down
lemongrass
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
lemongrass

Female
Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 729

PostSubject: Re: Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot   Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 1:23 pm

I agree with this ripped. I think if a leader/deputy can rank their cat up to tier 5 (by keeping track of topics) they should earn the ability to have a fourth character. Not only does it show responsibility on the roleplayer's part, but it allows and encourages more interaction with the clan by the leader/deputy in the process of ranking up.

I do think that once the fourth character is created however, the leader/deputy should continue to be moderated to make sure they are completing their duties.

Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot 6H4hyHf
{ Duskpaw }
Apprentice of ThunderClan
{20/80}
{ Finchstar }
Leader of WindClan
{120/300}
{ Leaftwirl }
Warrior of SkyClan
Tier II - {45/160}

Character Profiles

Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/lemongrassart
Stags

Stags

Male
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot   Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 1:41 pm

I believe that they should have the chance, but also have to wait for the time limits as well.

#ff9966 :: #999999 :: #9966ff
SkyClan Tier 2 Warrior :: RiverClan Apprentice :: WindClan Apprentice
[45 HP/160 SP] :: [20 HP/80 SP] :: [20 HP/80 SP]
Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot PrhqxLB
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."
Back to top Go down
Ripped the Ripper

Ripped the Ripper

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 4028

PostSubject: Re: Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot   Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 1:48 pm

i agree with all above ^^

and yeah suma if i wasn't allowed another character would still be ranked up someday to allow for the slot. so really it is just a time inconvenience for me lol

and yes stags that! it would for sure have to be ranking under normal rules with regular recording

Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Ripped10

maple made me spoopy

✢  Beartooth of Thunderclan // 100/280 // Tom // color=#669900  ✢
✧  Houndpaw of Thunderclan // 20/80 // Tom // color=#9999cc  ✧
Arcayus the Loner // 45/140 // Tom // color=#ff9966 ︵
Basilkit of Skyclan // Post-Womb // She-cat // color=#00cc99 〷

★ Deputy of Thunderclan ★

Back to top Go down
Cays
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Cays

Characters : Grousefrost ♂ | Oakstar ♂ | Nightkit ♂
Female
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 1969

PostSubject: Re: Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot   Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 6:17 pm

I fully agree with this. While there is the concern of activity in the leader role dropping in favour of the new character, if they make a cat all the way to tier 5 that level of responsibility should be rewarded. Plus it would be an apprentice until a full slot opened up anyways which lessons the character’s responsibility.

Grousefrost♂                        Oakstar♂               Nightkit                              
WindClan Warrior (2)      |     ThunderClan Leader     |   Kit    
                          45/160                             120/300               5/15                 

My Characters
Never be afraid to contact me with questions, concerns or nudges.
Nudge Cays Here
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Jay Bird

Characters : Hailsong ♀ / Berrycloud ♂ / Redkit ♀
Female
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 3479
Clan/Rank : Riverclan

PostSubject: Re: Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot   Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 6:46 pm

My own opinion: I agree. With the new leaders and each leader and deputy getting into the new ranking system too to not be returned to a Tier 1 warrior when they are demoted or just go back to the warrior, I don't see the problem anymore in allowing rper with leaders that have gone for all tiers to have a fourth slot.
Like any other T5 warrior, this will be an exclusive slot per each T5 you get so it would not abuse the system since having a T5 leader will only give one special slot and if the fourth character dies, then the slot will be considered used anyways. I'm in full support of this and I don't see a way of abusing it with that said rule :3

°Berrycloud° | ºRedpawº | Lynxpaw
Tom/ RC [Tier 4] Warrior | She-cat/ RC Apprentice | Tom/ SC Apprentice

Deceased Masterlist
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
sumashira

Characters : [A]mberdawn/Marmalade | [B]arleytuft | [C]loverpaw | [D]acepaw
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1474
Clan/Rank : [A/M] Kittypet MC[1] | [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC App | [D] TC App

PostSubject: Re: Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot   Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2019 7:03 pm

Okay. It sounds like both of us admins and a good chunk of staff are in agreement as well as our members. We'll work on getting this written into the rules, and we'll make an announcement about it as soon as we get everything in order. ^^

Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot 0Ea3mAN
Dacepaw of ThunderClan |
Apprentice [20/80]
Marmalade the Kittypet |
ex-Medicine Cat [45/100]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Cloverpaw of WindClan
Apprentice [20/80]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot   Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allowing Leaders and Deputies to qualify for a 4th slot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Comments & Suggestions-