Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

It wasn't my fault this time (closed)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

It wasn't my fault this time (closed) Empty
PostSubject: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 8:08 pm

Spottedleap's heart was racing in his chest, threatening to burst if he didn't get Foxpaw to Amberdawn right away. Panic prickled at his claws with each step; perhaps on a normal day, Foxpaw's repeated "ows" and other cries of pain would have been brushed off as whining, but this was his apprentice that he had for approximately a day. He'd sooner go back in time and break his own leg then let something like that ever happen again, even if he didn't dare say anything as paternal as that out loud. "You're fine, Foxpaw, you'll be fine. Amberdawn!" At first he consoled his apprentice, but when they entered the camp with bloodied pelts and grave faces, he began to call out for the medicine cat apprentice so she could prepare everything while they approached. "He's had a fall, Amberdawn. It looks serious." He meowed as calmly as he could manage when they were close enough to speak. He didn't even mention the owl or think a second thought about his own cuts, the prominent talon marks across his muzzle and shoulder leaving blood splatters in the dust every few steps.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
It wasn't my fault this time (closed) 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7376

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 pm

"Ow...Ow..." Foxpaw was faintly aware of how annoying his repeating of the single word was but, in all honestly, it made him...Feel better? A simple thing to draw his attention away from the pain, to focus on saying 'ow' over and over again...But he started to drift off on repeating it as they entered the camp. The moment they were there, he found himself ducking his head with embarrassment. First day out of the camp and he had injured himself. ...He wasn't completely sure what the word for his injury was but he knew it wasn't good. As he found himself waiting for Amberdawn, he leaned on Spottedleap, very tired from everything that had happened in the matter of heartbeats it felt like. "Can I lay down now?" he murmured, finding it hard to stay on his paws even while he was using his mentor for support.

It wasn't my fault this time (closed) ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 8:18 pm

The medicine cat had simply been sitting in her den staring blankly at the stores when there was a cry of her name outside the den. Amberdawn was familiar with Spottedleap by now, and the concern in his shout immediately alerted her that something was wrong. Tail bristling, the golden tabby medicine cat launched from the den and across the camp. Spottedleap's pale speckled pelt was raked and bloodied in a few places, but his eyes were alert and concerned. He would be alright for now. The apprentice with him - Foxpaw - limping and looking badly battered. Spottedleap explained briefly and Amberdawn nodded, responding, "Of course - please bear him just a bit further to the den, I'll have nests for you both."

Her instruction given, the medicine cat immediately went shooting back to the medicine den with her mind racing herbs and concoctions.

Amberdawn had gathered a few piles by the time that Spottedleap and Foxpaw entered, and the readied nests by the entrance awaited their rest. The golden tabby quickly offered her support to Foxpaw to guide him to his resting spot.

It wasn't my fault this time (closed) VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 9:03 pm

A nest! A little energy returned to Foxpaw as he hobbled his way into the den, making a bee line toward the closest nest. "Oh thank StarClan," he murmured as he allowed himself to collapse into it, only to let out yelp of pain as he nearly landed on his bad leg. For the first time, he glanced down at the injuries limb and felt sick to his stomach. That wasn't right, that really wasn't right. He couldn't move it, it was...It was broken, he realized, finally putting a word toward it. He swallowed, recalling horror stories of warriors who had to retire early due to a broken bone not healing correctly. Was that going to be him? Was he going to have to retire before he even got his warrior name? He moaned, allowed himself to fully collapse into the nest as he threw his paws over his eyes. He shouldn't have tried fighting that bird, he hadn't known had to fight. He had let his guard down for a heartbeat and now...

His life couldn't be over already, could it?

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 9:37 pm

He nodded at Amberdawn's request and led Foxpaw slowly after her. "Just a little farther and then you can rest, alright?" Everything had already been prepared by their arrival and Spottedleap thanked StarClan that she'd been in camp rather than out collecting herbs. He was grateful to pass the apprentice off to Amberdawn, beginning to feel the stinging in his pelt as the adrenaline wore off. But he wasn't very concerned with himself and instead kept his eye on Foxpaw, more interested in the young tom's condition than resting.

The little yelp made him feel bad. Then came the defeated moan and the way Foxpaw covered his eyes, and Spottedleap felt guilt flooding his body all over again. "We were just hunting. That owl wasn't supposed to be there! Stupid bird should have stayed focused on me." He was trying to reassure himself that he didn't directly cause Foxpaw's problems but it wasn't very successful.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 9:50 pm

Foxpaw was quite ready to lay down and went to do so cooperatively, but his obvious leg injury caused him to cry out with pain as he bumped it. Amberdawn soothed gently, "Everything will be okay soon, Foxpaw, we'll be very careful with that leg now, alright?" The tom settled himself into the nest and his paws flung over his face as his expression cringed with pain and sorrow and horrow. Amberdawn checked that he was settled into the nest and quickly scooped a leaf of thyme and a poppy seed up and towards Foxpaw's mouth. "Swallow these, please; they'll help you stop hurting while we check everything out."

Amberdawn fed the herbs to the injured apprentice as Spottedleap recounted the incident; an owl had attacked them and caused Foxpaw to fall from the tree. The medicine cat shook her head slightly, her eyes darkening sympathetically. "There was no way to know what was up there," Amberdawn told the warrior. She flicked her tail towards the other nest. "Lay down, please, Spottedleap - try to keep calm. It'll help the bleeding stop."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 10:00 pm

Slowly he lowered his paws, staring at the leaf cradling the tiny seeds, frowning slightly but nonetheless ate them...Before grimacing at their taste as he lowered his head, staring off into the wall of the den. His ear twitched as Spottedleap mentioned an owl, his gaze shifting over in curiosity. So it was an owl, huh? Thinking back on it, he was sure he had heard the name around a few times...And shuttered at the fact that he had managed to run into one on his first day out of camp. Lucky him...

"I should have remained on the ground," he murmured, shifting his gaze over to his paw pad that was still stained with the owl's blood. "I-I don't know how to fight, I got in over my head. I should have trusted that you had it, I was just..." he sighed, shaking his head. "I was so scared and I had to do something." He wasn't even sure if he was helpful in the fight, he just wildly scratched at it and all he got out of it was a broken leg. They were SkyClan, they were meant to be in trees, to hunt and fight and he had managed to fall out of one.

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 11:00 pm

Spottedleap had a brief urge to hiss 'I am calm!' but even he could see the irony in that statement. Instead, he settled into the empty nest without argument. Sometimes he liked to rebel over stupid things, but this situation was too serious to waste time being petty. He'd snark Amberdawn another time. He sighed, knowing she was right about the situation. Some things were just unavoidable, he guessed.

Frowning at Foxpaw, he said, "That owl? It would have really messed me up if you hadn't been there. Lemme tell you a secret." Spottedleap glanced around the den as though he were checking for spies and continued in a low voice, "I hate those flying rats! I bet that one would have carried me off if you hadn't distracted it." The tom said with a decisive nod and a smile crossing at his face. He wasn't very good at being kind to other cats, but he was sure trying his best, in his own Spottedleap way.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 3:36 pm

As the young apprentice finished up the herbs Amberdawn had offered, she glanced at his hind leg. She would need to give his herbs a bit to kick in before she could work on setting and bracing it or else she might end up with a face full of claws. In the meantime, Amberdawn checked the rest of him, finding a few scratches from the tumble down. He spoke shamefully, mumbling how he had made the wrong choice to follow his mentor to try to defend him. The medicine cat opened her mouth to protest and offer words of comfort, but Spottedleap spoke before she could raise her voice. As he began to speak secret words of confidence, and discomfort, Amberdawn turned to him to look him over.

His wounds could likely be fixed up while Foxpaw's herbs kicked in; once he was a little more drowsy from the poppy seed she'd given him he'd be relaxed and out of it enough to mend the leg. Amberdawn chewed a poultice and, as Spottedleap explained how he hated owls, she smirked, feeling warmed by his compassion. She mewed softly through her mouthful of herbs, "This'll sting a moment - you know the drill. Tell me if it's too much." Slowly but surely she began to clean the wounds, lapping the concoction of astringents into his gashes. Quickly the bleeding began to cease, and bit by the the wounds were cleaned as well.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 3:56 pm

There was...Some part of Foxpaw that wasn't comforted with the new revelation that owls could carry off cats but he still gave his mentor a soft smile as he allowed his head to drop onto his paws, the weariness of the events and the herbs taking its toll on him. He...Still didn't feel super great about his choices but if he really might have saved his mentor's life... "Well...Maybe once my leg is healed, you can teach me how to fight properly," he yawned, doing his best to focus on the idea that he would be okay. "Then I can fight all of the owls for you."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 6:08 pm

Naturally, the scrappy warrior was already familiar with the routine of wound cleaning and dressing, and he was already prepared for the stinging that accompanied the prodding. Unpleasant as it was, Spottedleap still wanted Foxpaw to think he was cool and he kept his face as neutral as possible while Amberdawn worked her magic. The idea of teaching Foxpaw how to fight was suddenly very appealing, but obviously that wouldn't be possible for a while. 'Or ever.' The cynical thought flashed through his mind and his fur ruffled at the mere idea of having to watch his apprentice fail to become a warrior for the second time.

His tail tip flicked back and forth with nervous energy. "Of course, Foxpaw. You'll be a certified owl killer by the time you're a warrior." Spottedleap's eyes flicked to Amberdawn as she worked, dutifully tending to the pair with more cool than Spottedleap had ever managed in his life. "Thanks, by the way. You must be tired of seeing my face around here." He meowed rather quietly to her, attempting to shrug off the pit in his stomach with humor.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Amberdawn worked quietly while the two cats spoke; she liked when Foxpaw contributed to the conversation, for it helped her to gauge how far the herbs had kicked in. The tom yawned as he suggested that Spottedleap could teach him to fight once his leg had healed. The warrior responded agreeably, but his tone was uneasy. Amberdawn glanced up to him as she began to press some cobwebs to the cleaned wounds. "Thanks, by the way," the tom rumbled. He apologized for being around so often.

The medicine cat smiled slightly, and she thought of how many times she really had seen him lately. "Mm, I'm so used to it that I miss it when it's gone," Amberdawn answered in a quiet, teasing tone. In earnest, though, she added, "It's always my pleasure to help. It's what I'm good at."

Spottedleap's wounds were tended to, and Amberdawn offered him a juniper berry and a few thyme leaves to eat to help soothe him after the ruffling encounter. "You'll have to stay the night here, but depending on how things look tomorrow, you might be able to get away with only a day or two of camp rest." She gave the tom a gentle, reassuring bump with her nose on his temple and murmured, "I'll do everything I can for Foxpaw. Try not to worry - as much as cats like you and I can try."

The medicine cat then turned her attention to Foxpaw again, smiling softly as she approached to examine his leg. "How are you feeling?" Amberdawn asked gently. "Is everything hurting a little bit less now? I can't let you sleep until I make sure your leg is set right."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 3:32 am

Foxpaw's eyes closed at the soft praise, eager at the idea to be able to make all owls pay for what happened today and for whatever they had done to make Spottedleap hate them so much. His ears twitched, simply listening to the voices as the two older cats conversed before being startled out of it by his name being mentioned. His yellow eyes flickered open at Amberdawn's words, glancing toward his back leg. The sight of it still made his stomach twist and tumble, but he found...

"Yeah, the pain isn't so great anymore," he replied, attempting to move it...Only to be rewarded with no movement and a faint wave of pain. Whatever herbs he had been fed, no matter their terrible taste, was clearly working as attended. The pain slowly increased as his mind was turned back onto, causing him to grimace as he laid his head back down, keeping his eyes on the medicine cat apprentice. "...Is it going to hurt a bunch? Getting my leg...Set?" He wasn't fully sure what 'getting his leg set alright' actually meant but...Spottedleap seemed to have great trust in Amberdawn, he was suppose he could trust her as well. Honestly...He was still a little at awe of his leg somehow repairing after...After looking like this.

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It wasn't my fault this time (closed)   It wasn't my fault this time (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

It wasn't my fault this time (closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp :: SkyClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: