Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lizz

Lizz

Characters : [R]osekit
Clan/Rank : [R] Windclan Kit
Taurus Dog
Number of posts : 248

Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy] Empty
PostSubject: Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy]   Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy] EmptyTue 20 Aug 2019 - 19:00

Soft pawsteps rang through the deserted street. On each side of the narrow, cracked road, broken-down caves stood vacant. The ground was littered with various debris: smooth clear stones, shiny metal seeds, pieces of brick. With each careful step, disgusting little brown bugs will spill out from beneath his paws, chittering slimy noises. The smell of abandonment and decay covered the place like a blanket.

"The Squirrels were certainly here," Fifty-One mumbled to himself.

Of course, everything bad was caused by squirrels. At least to Fifty-One. Ever since he met Sun-Chief, the Singapura's life had been filled with the delusional belief that squirrels were after him. Whenever he saw a squirrel, it was a spy tracking him down. Any lack of food he experienced was because the squirrels took it all. At this point his belief was so intense that the image of squirrels bled into every memory the small tom had. In any normal situation he would be carted off as crazy, but this was no cat's land. Everyone here, unless they were part of a gang or clowder or something, was delusional on some level.

Whether or not squirrels were here, there were more pressing matters on hand. For example, getting food. Fifty-One hadn't eaten since entering the city, and now his stomach was starting to rumble. Unblinking green eyes darted to the nearest trash can. Usually those had food, even if it tasted gross. The rogue nimbly climbed up it's shiny exterior and nudged the lid open as much as he could. Absolutely nothing. His heart fell. The smoky brown tom checked the next can. Still nothing. A couple more cans (and an experimentive taste of bug) later, he finally found one that was full. The smell of food-- albeit stale-- rolled off of it like the scent of blood. The only problem was that it was propped up precariously against a half-demolished fence. It looked quite unsafe, but it was his best bet. Fifty-One, as gentle as he could be, scaled up its shiny trunk, and prodded the lid open with a little bit too much force.

Clang. With an uncomfortable creak, the fence fell down, bringing the trash can with it. The Singapura tumbled onto a smooth stone road, trash spilling all over him. He wasn't hurt, that was good, but now he was very, very dirty. As Fifty-One tried to pick himself back together, an unfamiliar scent hit his nose. A squirrel?! He tested it again. Luckily, it was just a cat. In fact, he could see the stranger now, at the edge of his vision. A large black tom-cat with oddly multicolored eyes. "Hm? Hello there, strange-cat-with-bright-eyes! Do you mind helping me get this dung off of my fur?" he greeted in a loud meow. A flash of hostility crossed his features, before disappearing again. "You aren't working with the squirrels, are you? That would be awfully bad."

♫ No flatline! What were you scared about? ♫
Back to top Go down
Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Characters : Blazingkit
Clan/Rank : Sky
Sagittarius Dog
Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy]   Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy] EmptyWed 21 Aug 2019 - 18:10

Another day of aimlessly wandering the broken down houses once occupied by the humans.  Worn down streets under his paws, Lyric sniffed the air as he peaked his head into houses that did not reek of cats or other predators.  Being on his own for years, Lyric was no stranger to fighting or danger, but today he didn't quite feel like scrapping it, he simply wanted to eat.  He padded from abandoned porch to abandoned car and everything in between.  Underneath his dark black coat his stomach angrily growled at him, to which Lyric hissed back at it.  Hungry.  

Hours passed as Lyric made his way through the streets continuing his search for food.  His nose twitched.  Another cat.  At this point though he didn't care.  He wanted food, and he would have some, even if it meant having to fight off some ball of fluff to get it.  Besides, he was most likely the strongest and smartest cat in the area, not to mention the most handsome.  He continued down the same path as the cat before him, passing trash can after trash can, all with no food.  Lyric was ready to look elsewhere before a loud clang and crash grabbed his attention.  That was when he noticed the cat whose scent he must have been following.  He eyed the cat as he approached, but before Lyric could speak the stranger did before him.  The squirrels? What?  Lyric thought to himself before responding coldly.

"No.  There haven't been any squirrels in these parts for weeks."

Lyric once again eyed the other cat, taking note of the trash on his fur upon his request.  A speck of hostility filled Lyrics voice as he spoke again.

"There's a puddle nearby you can roll in.  Who are you and why..."

Before he could finish though, the scent of the stale food brushed against Lyric's nose.  Finally!  Lyric moved towards the stranger (and food) in a friendly manner.

"Of course I can help.  I am Lyric, and you?"
Back to top Go down
http://agesofwar.boards.net/
Lizz

Lizz

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy]   Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy] EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 16:05

Fifty-One was a bit taken aback at first when the stranger seemed hostile, and was relieved when he became more friendly. ”Lyric,” he tested the name on his tongue, ”what a nice name! Fifty-One noticed the puddle Lyric pointed out and ambled over to it. The puddle wasn’t very deep, and the water had a strange, colorful liquid on the top that smelled awfully sweet for some reason. ‘It doesn’t matter too much,’the Singapura decided. Being slightly smelly was better than being covered in trash. ”There’s some food in that trashcan, I think,” he explained as he shook off some goop. ”Just leave some for me. And don’t leave any scraps behind, or the Squirrels would get it.” The tom spoke in a rather casual tone of voice as he continued cleaning himself off. ”They try to get your guard down, make you think you’re safe, and BAM! Those filthy rodents...”

Back to top Go down
Nature Boy

Nature Boy

Characters : Blazingkit
Clan/Rank : Sky
Sagittarius Dog
Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy]   Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy] EmptyTue 27 Aug 2019 - 19:13

Lyric nodded at the other cat and moved towards the can, his tail flicking in the air. The food was pretty awful, but it was food none the less. The other cat cleaned himself off, and for some reason still kept going on about squirrels. Definitely a bit off... But the food kept Lyric there. With some food in his mouth, the black cat responded.

"I don't care much for the name, but it's something to be called. Speaking of which, you didn't say your name."

He swallowed down some unrecognizable scraps and coughed. Disgusting... He took another bite of whatever it was and left the rest for the odd cat.

"And what's up with the squirrels? They out to get you?"

The last part Lyric said in almost in a joking tone.
Back to top Go down
http://agesofwar.boards.net/
Lizz

Lizz

Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy]   Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy] EmptyWed 28 Aug 2019 - 15:08

Fifty-One laughed as he groomed out the remaining bits of grit. "Oh, I must've forgot! My name's Fifty-One." He casually passed by his odd choice of name to get to more important things. For example, squirrels. "Oh, squirrels have been out to get me all my life," he continued on. This was a blatant lie; his first few months were as uninteresting as they could get. But at this point the line between his fiction and reality was quite small. "You probably wouldn't be able to tell by looking at them, but they're plotting something. I'm pretty sure I know what it is- a revolution against cats." He paused to groom out a bit of his fur. "Think about it. Cats like to kill squirrels. Some of those weird forest cats even eat them. They're gonna get sick of it one day, and that day is now. I've seen them plotting in the trees, dropping acorns onto unsuspecting cats. It might seem harmless now, but just wait! One day those innocent little acorns will become claws."

Now that his fur was relatively clean, the Singapura ambled over to where Lyric was and took his share. "I made it my mission to end the rebellion before it starts, by killing all of them. At first it was easy. They can't fight back if you catch them by surprise, and their long tails make them easy to transport. But then I ran into some trouble. Apparently, some wild foxes didn't like my little quest and attacked me. I got out unscratched, luckily. My next try, a couple stray dog puppies tried to attack me. I killed them easily, but their mother was mad." Fifty-One managed to give a little chuckle despite the rotten taste in his mouth. "But--get this-- some cats even supported the squirrels! I was in one woods a few sunrises away from here, putting the squirrels I killed into a ditch, when suddenly a cat attacked me! Called himself Fire-Caller the Third or something dumb like that. He said I was killing his prey! Who eats a squirrel in their right mind? I gave him a couple scars to think about that, but after that point it was too dangerous to return, so I came here."

His ramble ended, the tom gulped down a few more bites of the disgusting rubbish. "Enough about me, how about you? Where did you come from?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy]   Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy] Empty

Back to top Go down

Squirrels, I Tell You! [CLOSED for Natureboy]
Page 1 of 1