Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans are being greeted by silence from their ancestors, unless StarClan is voicing their fury. With the anger of the stars against them, how will the cats of the clans fare as newleaf reclaims the area?
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. This month's activity check is currently ongoing. Please submit a completed form for each of your characters, and remember to include an explanation for each character over the three base allowed!
Newleaf is steadily returning to the forest, the flowers, grasses, and trees blooming with life once more. After the flood of last Newleaf, the heavy rains seem more threatening to the clans older members, but as prey and herbs slowly return there seems to be a fragile sense of peace. What challenges will Newleaf hold for the clan cats?
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Wandering Hearts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G) ; Blossompaw (B)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1452
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

Wandering Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Wandering Hearts   Wandering Hearts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 4:31 pm

Several sunhighs had passed since she had last heard her daughter's voice as it disappeared out of RiverClan's camp in pursuit of her father. Her final, parting words echoed in the queen's mind with every heartbeat, and worry and concern for her daughter's well-being haunted every pawstep. The scent trail had led to the river, towards ThunderClan territory, but that was as far as Dappleshine had dared go. The way both scents had mingled together led her to believe that her precious kit had managed to meet up with her father before embarking on their journey into unknown territory, and that brought only a shadow of relief to the she-cat. Her waking moments were filled wondering what her beloved minnow was doing, where she was, if she was happy and loved and cared for. She prayed that Sparkfrost was caring for her just as he always had in RiverClan, even as she vowed that if she ever found out otherwise she would shred his pelt. Everything had been so difficult, the deputy ceremony, watching her adopted father leave for the Moonstone to gain his lives... and she had no one to turn to. Magpiepaw still refused to speak to her, and Ivybrook was busy taking care of her new responsibilities. Berrycloud had been a shoulder to lean on, but he had his own troubles to face, and even if they hadn't been busy, she didn't dare burden them more than they already were. Jaystar's death had taken it's toll, but the clan was healing slowly... So why, then, wasn't she?

The camp had been particularly suffocating that day, as the reeds blew in the wind her ears had strained to hear that glorious, heart-warming purr that her daughter had from the day she was born. Of course, it never came, though she could swear she heard her giggles on the breeze, or see the flash of her beautifully soft pelt bouncing from the apprentice den. She had told the clan that she went after her father, when he left, and that she was unsure of where the two had gone - which wasn't a lie. She truly had no idea where they might have headed to, even with the scent trail. Hoping they hadn't gone too far, and were just taking shelter in ThunderClan's forest, she had watched that border with every chance she got, but today for the first time since everything had happened her paws took her to the other side of the territory, to the Gorge. No echos of her daughter's melodic, perfect voice could haunt her here, where the river rushing over the rocks drowned out most of the surrounding noises... The dark clouds overhead promised rain, but Dappleshine found that she didn't care much. It would simply hide the tears that were streaming down her face as she stared out over the moors at nothing in particular.

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat) ~ 100 HP/280 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) ~ (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat) ~ 80 HP/240 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 4) ~ (ff9900)
Blossompaw (She-Cat) ~ 20 HP/80 SP ~ SkyClan Apprentice ~ (9966cc)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [R]aventail ♂ | [L]ightfang ♂ | [S]nowpaw ♂
Male
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 783

Wandering Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Hearts   Wandering Hearts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Finchstar’s revelation about Tinystar (for it was easier to call it that than what it was: an execution, perhaps justified, perhaps not) had put a stop to Raventail’s post-Gathering plans; his tunneling lessons under Grousefrost’s command had similarly halted any attempts to meet his friends elsewhere. Even now, he was out under the guise of being useful. It wasn’t entirely loneliness that drove him onto the moor; instead, the pressure of his Clanmates’ eyes as they looked toward him. Finchstar was the closest thing to an exception, because he saw Raventail the same as ever—but he almost certainly had new expectations, things Raventail couldn’t bring himself to ask about. The real luxury of deputyship was that, if Raventail assigned himself a solo patrol, no one questioned it.

When he raised his head, he saw that his paws had brought him to the Gorge. The tension down his back began to settle, and vanished completely when he caught sight of the shape in the distance. He set off again at a trot, paying no mind to the restless waters below. Dappleshine was one of those friends he started missing almost before they parted ways, and, well, it had been a moon since they’d spoken last, and—and the river wasn’t as loud with her there, nor were the thick clouds above as threatening.

But all was not well. Sorrow hung in the air as thick as the impending rain, and as Raventail got close enough to see Dappleshine’s face, an over-cheerful welcome on the tip of his tongue, he realized she was crying. That brought him to a halt some tail-lengths away. She had a kit and, he’d assumed, a mate, or at least someone to stand beside her. But here she was, at the Gorge. Alone. Something in his chest cracked in two. For a moment longer, he hesitated, taking in the tears that tracked through his best friend’s fur. It wasn’t a question of whether he would help, but how he could possibly comfort her without having the slightest idea what was wrong. He was old enough to know that hearts required careful handling, and every cat was different in what helped or harmed them most, and, stars, if he made this worse...

He was also old enough to know how dangerous those thoughts were. They'd stopped him from reaching out to Finchstar. He'd promised himself then: never again. No more friends left to suffer alone. So, as ever, he cast any inklings of a plan aside and moved forward to brush his nose against Dappleshine’s shoulder, their usual greeting—except he remained there, steadier than he had ever been as he sat beside her, slow and careful in case the contact was unwanted. ”I’m here,” he said quietly, at length, ”if you want to talk.” The unspoken addition: And I’m here if you don’t. Moons ago, he'd told her much the same thing.

Wandering Hearts Zl0bITv
Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

Wandering Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Hearts   Wandering Hearts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 9:40 pm

She didn't pick up the approaching pawsteps, which only spoke to the world she was lost in. Everything around her was drowned in the water of the gorge, the same place where the event that was the tipping point took place. How strange, then, that her paws should have carried her here, a place that had held only pure, wonderful memories at one point. Memories of her dear friend, a tom that she had come to realize she cherished as more than simply a friend, but was scared to cross that line, that border between their worlds. As pressure suddenly came to her shoulder she didn't even flinch, in fact, there was hardly a reaction. Even without looking, or scenting who was there, she had a suspicion that it was him. He was always there, it seemed, when she needed him the most. A cat who had no reason to be friends with her, that she had thrown a fish at and teased, who was separated from her from the moment they were born by borders and birthplaces, the code and the rules. Yet, despite it all, he had always been there. He was the first she thought to tell about good things that happened, and the bad as well. Even now, when everything else had collapsed, he stood strong, not only for himself but offering her his support as well. 

Wordlessly she turned, burying her face in the fluffy fur at the tom's chest. The sobs racked her body as a roll of thunder murmured overhead, and for several long heartbeats she hid herself from the world, taking in the scent of the tom who had been there even when no one else had. If only she could leave it all behind... She could ask to go with him, and leave the crushing, lifeless RiverClan camp behind her.... What if he said no? What if he turned her down, or disappeared like everyone else had? The only ones who had been static in her life had been Scorchclaw - now Scorchstar - and Thornbriar, but Thornbriar was in ShadowClan so far away and Scorchstar had always been busy, between his deputy duties and now he would be caught up in his leadership duties... She was proud of him, truly, and thought fondly of the times they had together... However the stars knew how dreadfully alone she was. She had talked to them every night since they left, after all.

Finally, she croaked out through the sobs. "I'm... I'm so p-proud of you, Ravent-tail.... You... You really... You deserve it-it, my f-friend..." She remained close, her face buried in the tom's chest as another roll of thunder passed overhead. her tail wrapped around her frame, as the words came pouring out. "She left... They left... It wasn't supposed to happen... I didn't really care for him, nor him for me... I thought, maybe.... After talking though, we agreed that it wasn't to be... Dacekit was still there though. Oh Raventail, she was beautiful. Happy, loved, she had my long fur and Sparkfrost's colors... Her purr was as loud as a monster, you could hear it outside of camp. She loved so much, and held so much fascination for the world in her tiny, sparkling eyes and paws.... Sparkfrost never felt like he truly belonged. After Jaystar's death, he... He left... He left us behind. My beloved Dacepaw, my dear, sweet minnow, followed him. She told me her heart was telling her to. I've always encouraged her to listen to it... Never in a hundred moons did I think that it would be the reason she was lost to me... I tracked them all the way to ThunderClan, but couldn't go any further... What if I never see her again? What if something terrible happened, and she's lost to me forever? My daughter... My perfect, wonderful kit... Everything is falling apart around me, Raventail, and I feel so... alone."

Dappleshine's voice cracked on the last word, just as her resolve did. Her sobs renewing as her back hunched over, something inside of her cracked a little bit more, a crack that had splintered into existence as soon as she pieced together her parent's demise as a kit. With every blow to her emotions it had worsened, but nothing had ever compared to this. She would do anything, travel any distance, just to hold her kit close one more time... Life was not that kind though.

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

Wandering Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Hearts   Wandering Hearts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 2:19 am

At first, he wasn’t sure she’d heard him. There were no sounds of acknowledgement; Dappleshine didn’t so much as twitch. Her expression, nearly out of view, was unreadable. Blank. Lost, maybe. Again, he wondered if there was anything he could do; further down, hardly a whisper in the back of his head, he wondered if that was how he’d looked so many moons ago. But he didn’t move.

Dappleshine pressed her face into his fur, and his heart broke anew. Out of reflex, he curled around her without hesitation, offering all the shelter his small frame could give. Her sobs rolled through him, threatening to shake him as much as the thunder above, but he kept his breaths even and measured. He couldn’t begin to picture what had happened—was it Thornbriar, Scorchclaw, Magpiepaw? Worse, was it Dacekit? It had to be bad to break her down like this… No. No, he couldn’t let himself think that. If Dappleshine felt she could tell him, she would when she was ready; if she didn’t, his presence alone would have to be enough; until then, there was no point in imagining.

After some time, she spoke. Proud of him. Had it been any other situation, such a comment might have stuck, warming his pelt for many sunups to come; here, he was baffled until he remembered the reason he’d left camp today, and the complement barely registered. Now, especially, he didn’t feel he deserved it. But he could dwell on that later. The cat leaning against him mattered more—mattered most of all, and so he remained silent, aching, as she continued. It was a story he could only process in pieces. Jaystar was dead? Really, truly dead? It seemed impossible. Only half a moon ago, he’d sat on the Great Rock where he was supposed to, perhaps a little worn-looking, as any leader had a right to be, but otherwise normal. He’d been the first to acknowledge Raventail’s new title, nodding and continuing with the Gathering as if there was nothing strange about where Raventail had sat that night…and now he was gone. A pillar of the forest cut down. Yet, of all the things Dappleshine said, that was secondary. Sparkfrost had left her. Dacepaw, who’d reached apprenticeship after all, had left her. No matter how he felt for her, he’d never had kits or anything resembling a mate, even temporarily; he couldn’t truly understand the scope of what she’d lost, only that it was beyond what he knew.

What had she told him before? ”Grief is the price we pay for love.” As if, after hearing how Dappleshine described her, there could be any doubt that Dappleshine had loved—that Dappleshine loved her daughter. That reminder didn’t seem at all helpful here. It had comforted him to know Brookclover was watching, but, then, he had pulled her body from the ground and felt how still she was; unless (never until) he had reason to think otherwise, Dacepaw was alive, and would continue to be alive. The world was more than cruel enough, but Dappleshine, weeping into his chest again, knew that as well as he did, if not better.

Raventail placed his chin on top of her head. You’ll see her again. He believed it—if she had half of Dappleshine’s strength, she would be safe in ThunderClan at this very moment—but it felt wrong on his tongue. Everything did. ”…I’m sorry they left.” However much he related to their motives, that, at least, was true. "You didn't do anything wrong. If Dacepaw felt like following Sparkfrost was the right thing to do, she might've felt that even if you tried to teach her otherwise." The picture Dappleshine painted was of an immensely caring cat; whether it was bravery or naiveté that had led Dacepaw away, her actions fit that vague outline. "But if they went to ThunderClan… They’ll look out for her and Sparkfrost, they’ll keep her safe.” One cat would. As for the others, Oakstar, Beartooth, he trusted them, too. Any Clan in the forest, with one small exception.

But blind hope wasn't a cure for loneliness, not when it ran this deep. "Just hearing you talk about Dacepaw, I know—“ He broke off, squeezing his eyes shut. ”Part of her is with you, you know? Wherever she goes. Wherever you go. Just for that, you're not alone. You never will be.” And she had him. Of course she had him. Weighed against her daughter, that seemed lacking. ”I'm sorry,” the small tom said again, his tail rising to wrap around her as far as it could. There really was nothing else.

Wandering Hearts Zl0bITv
Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat

Wandering Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Hearts   Wandering Hearts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 12:54 pm

"If I didn't do anything wrong, why does it all feel so wrong?... I had wanted to bring her here, and introduce her to you... And Barleytuft... Oh Raventail, she was wonderful, you would have absolutely loved her, I'm sure of it... I knew that if I tried to force her to stay, she would try to follow on her own, so I thought she'd be safer following him... But I miss her so much... I keep thinking I hear her pawsteps, or her laugh as she plays with the other apprentices... And how do you know they'll take care of her?... RiverClan and ThunderClan aren't really on super friendly terms.... What reason do they have to bring them both in?..." She sniffled as she thought about the numerous fights and scuffles that had occurred, and the deaths caused. She raised her eyes, shadowed with exhaustion and sorrow, to meet his, the tears having been shed to the point there were no more to be had. She looked hopeless, and lost, a mother grieving for her child whose whereabouts remained unknown for sure.

"I know she is... I feel her... I hear her... But when I turn, she's never there.... I don't know that I'll ever see her again... What if I don't?... I don't want to think about that... But the question haunts me. I've had horrible nightmares, I can't sleep, I can't eat... I'm trying to stay strong and be able to continue with my duties, but.... RiverClan just doesn't feel like home... The only one there who cares about me is Scorchstar, but he's been busier than ever.... He probably wouldn't even care if I left.... No one else really talks to me, or they only talk to me because they pity me... They're angry at Sparkfrost, I know they are. I can hear it in their voices.... He would have never been truly happy though..." She lowered her head once more, nuzzling into the long fur at his chest more as he wrapped his tail around her. For a few heartbeats she remained still, just soaking in the warmth from the tom as she slowly relaxed for the first time since Dacepaw disappeared from view, the tip of her tail the last Dappleshine had seen of her.

Her breath caught slightly as the exhaustion in her paws threatened to overwhelm her, the feeling that she was finally not alone and somewhere safe sweeping her towards a place of quiet acceptance and reassurement. A shaky voice emerged from her, so different from the calm voice she had always spoken in. .... Can you stay? I... I need you... You're the only one who's always been there for me.... I just need some rest...." Her tail shifted, wrapping around her paws as she slowly raised her head again, paws shaking with the effort of remaining sitting up. "If... If you need to go, though... Don't let me keep you from your duties, I'm sure you're busy... I'll be alright... Thank you, Raventail... For everything..." She leaned forward to lick his shoulder once before pulling back to wait for his answer. If he had to go, maybe she'd just go to that bush once more and try to sleep under that....

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

Wandering Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Hearts   Wandering Hearts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 5:25 pm

He’d wanted to meet Dacepaw since the Gathering. To know Dappleshine had been thinking of introducing her brought warmth, then a dull ache at the missed opportunity. For now. There would be another chance. ”I’m sure I would have, too,” Raventail murmured into Dappleshine’s fur. Continuing on, she shifted beneath him; he leaned back just enough to see her face, and his own throat tightened. Though the tears had stopped, the exhaustion and grief remained, as did the hollowness of her voice.

”I don’t know every cat in ThunderClan, but the ones I do know—they’re good. They wouldn’t leave anyone in danger, RiverClan or not. Especially a younger cat…” A bold assumption coming from someone who’d never been involved in either Clan’s affairs. Then again, Raventail had always believed more strongly in the forest’s better parts. Even the most recent Gathering’s news couldn’t dampen that faith. Part of him still lived on the eastern shore, swiping at a dog’s sides, surrounded by the greatest sense of teamwork he had ever witnessed. And, besides, Sparkfrost and Dacepaw were good cats. They had to be, for Dappleshine to care about them; Dacepaw especially could be nothing less, knowing Dappleshine had raised her. No one could turn them away.

Nightmares. Feeling isolated in her own camp. Once again, Raventail had no words. Instead, he placed his chin where it had been, nearly between Dappleshine’s ears, and listened, and tried to imagine how she’d managed any of her duties with this weighing on her. How none of her Clanmates—cats who might have visited Dappleshine in the nursery, Dacepaw by her side—had thought to take her aside and ask how she was doing. Either she had hidden it well, or— He refused to think of the alternative.

Gradually, she seemed to relax against him; in the quiet, relief that he might have comforted her in some way, however small, welled in his chest. When she spoke again, she asked him to stay. There were patrols to be assigned, a hunt of his own to finish, potential mentors to discuss with Finchstar; he would have set those things aside for Dappleshine before deputyship, and he had no regrets about doing it now. Finchstar would understand. Barleytuft, too. He had his answer almost before Dappleshine pulled away. ”I’m sure Finchstar can manage without me.” His smile was soft, tempered by worry and the somber atmosphere. ”Of course I’ll stay. As long as you need me.” He brushed against her shoulder again—briefly; her legs were shaking.

After noticing that, he almost wasn’t startled when she collapsed. Almost.

”Wait, Dapple—“ Only upon looking closer did he realize there wasn’t any cause for alarm. Somehow, with the Gorge and thunder rumbling around them, Dappleshine had fallen asleep, as far as he could tell. Exhaustion had finally caught up with her. ”Oh.” Another slight, sad smile found its way onto Raventail’s face, and he shifted, trying not to disturb her, until he was beside her again, close enough that his fur brushed hers. Voice low, he meowed, ”I’ll, um. I’ll keep an eye out for any patrols, okay?” Whether or not she could hear him, he intended to keep his word even if it meant coming back late, drenched to the bone by rain.

Wandering Hearts Zl0bITv
Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat

Wandering Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Hearts   Wandering Hearts Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 9:57 am

Raventail's quiet agreement with her warmed her heart slightly, the feeling of respect and adoration for the tom growing once more. He reassured her that he knew some cats in ThunderClan, and that they were all good, and would never turn their backs on a cat in need, especially young ones. That brought a tinge of relief - Jaystar and Scorchclaw had always seemed sure that ThunderClan were foxhearted cats who only cared for themselves, and been so quick to condemn them for their actions or the actions of their members... Yet Raventail had reassured her, and he would never tell a lie, even to reassure her. Relief flooded her with his words, her legs shaking in effort as fatigue washed over her once more, following the relief. He placed his head back between her ears, and she gently pushed up against his jaws, taking further comfort in the gesture. She could finally let her guard down, give in to the emotions swirling in her head and her heart.. Well, almost all of them.

When she pulled back, she was greeted by the soft smile of Raventail, tinged with worry. A small smile in return graced her expression before his words sunk in, and she collapsed. The knowledge that the WindClan tom would stay at her side was all it took for her to give in, succumbing to the exhaustion that had plagued her through the uncomfortably long nights, while she tried so desperately to hide the seams in her own being. She was safe, cared about, and that knowledge had been the tipping point in her resolve to hold it all together. She didn't have to pretend to be okay around Raventail... As he moved closer to her until their pelts brushed together, lowly stating that he would keep an eye out for other patrols, she pressed closer to him in her slumber, taking more comfort in his warmth and kindness. Perhaps she was selfish for relying on him so much... Or crazy for cherishing him the way that she did, after all, he was WindClan's deputy and she was a warrior of RiverClan.... Perhaps one of those factors should change.

As the two cats lay in the open the breeze shifted, pushing the clouds towards RiverClan territory. A small spattering of rain started, briefly misting them before becoming a downpour on the far side of the ravine over RiverClan territory. As the storm raged over the place Dappleshine had always considered home, the two of them remained safe from the rain, disturbed only by an occasional breeze until the storm passed as quickly as it came.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wandering Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Hearts   Wandering Hearts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wandering Hearts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The Gorge-
Jump to: