Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2495

Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 12:14 pm

Rabbitpaw was about Aspenpaw's age, and so he decided early on to treat him a little differently than he'd been treating Barleytuft's little scraps. The formalities stayed the same, of course. Rabbitpaw was to be exempt from the duties of the day and the pair would leave at Sunhigh, but Aspenpaw treated him much less like a naive apprentice. They were equals in his eyes, having far outgrown their names. That would change soon, with Aspenpaw's own ceremony just around the corner and Rabbitpaw wrapping up his somewhat extended apprenticeship. As sunhigh came, he swallowed a bundle of traveling herbs and waited for Rabbitpaw to arrive and eat his own pile.

"So, how much do you know about StarClan, really?" he questioned with an impish grin.

Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun Sep 22, 2019 2:48 pm

"StarClan watches over us, and both my parents are with them." Rabbitpaw replied rather solemnly between bites of the bitter herbs. He was not prone to melancholy, however the thought of finally seeing all that he'd lost with his own eyes managed to draw it from him. He'd spent so long feeling isolated, and to think that just for one night, he'd get to be with them all again. It should have made him ecstatic, but rather it reminded him of all he'd lost. "Sorry, I'm excited for this trip. Really. Just nervous."
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Sep 24, 2019 10:56 am

"I get it," Aspenpaw assured him, "My first time at the Moonstone was for my ceremony, so it was a little... shocking. You should know it's a little weird." Aspenpaw stretched out his legs in preparation for the coming walk. The sun was bright in his eyes. They had plenty of time to get there.

"They don't always give you who you want, you know? They give you who they think you need," Aspenpaw explained. "You don't have any prophecies to decipher, though. You just get to have a nice chat. It's nice to get some clarity."

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri Sep 27, 2019 6:40 pm

"I doubt I'll be getting prophetic visions. I'm not important... Does it hurt, seeing those who aren't with us anymore?" Rabbitpaw queried, relaxing a smidge more at Aspenpaw's assurance. He didn't want to bring up painful memories, but honestly with all that had happened in the forest over the past few moons, there were few memories that weren't painful. Everything was a landmine in their own way. But Aspenpaw had this atmosphere about him, like he was willing to talk about anything. Perhaps that's why StarClan chose him for medicine cat.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 11:56 am

Aspenpaw thought for a moment of those he had lost. His kin, lost to the flood. He pictured his denmates' remains strewn across the rocks in a strange land. He hadn't met Shellpaw and Frozenpaw in StarClan, unfortunately. He knew they were there, at least. Martyrs to a war they could never have won. It was sad, confusing, and lawless, but it hurt less to know that they were safe and warm. So, he gave Rabbitpaw the answer he deserved, which, for once, was the truth.

"When you see them there, it's not sad anymore."

Highstones loomed in the distance. It was a precarious walk, but it wasn't unfamiliar. "Once we're in, there's a tunnel we have to crawl down. Keep my tail a whisker or so from your nose, or you might lose your way. It's not so bad once you're inside." He placed his paws at the base of the incline and waited for Rabbitpaw to begin his ascent.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 1:47 pm

As he plodded alongside Aspenpaw, he nodded his head in understanding though true understanding was impossible till he experienced it. It seemed a little less daunting now, though the weight in his chest hadn't lightened by much. When they finally reached the incline to Mothermouth, that weight sunk down further, but focusing on Aspenpaw helped. He was here now, no point in fretting about it.

"Keep close, got it." Rabbitpaw followed behind Aspenpaw, beginning his ascent, taking extra care not to send rocks flying down the path below. Step by step they climbed, till finally it was the entrance, the gaping maw of darkness. "This is it, huh? Lead the way, Aspenpaw."
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 11:06 am

The tunnel was no less narrow than the first time he squeezed down it. The bright stone was already alight, beckoning the apprentice closer. Sometimes Aspenpaw imagined it had a mind of his own. He circled it briefly, taking in the good vibrations and spiritual closeness that pulsed off its surface. 

"All you have to do it touch your nose to it, and you'll fall asleep in a heartbeat. Then... whatever happens, happens. I'll stay out of your way." Aspenpaw hobbled to the stony wall, away from the rock. It was not his place to stay tonight. He curled up, a small shiver ruffling his pelt. Cold cave. "Good luck, Rabbitpaw," he yawned.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Nodding, Rabbitpaw laid his weary body down onto the cavern's icy floor and pressed his nose to the stone. At first, he felt awkward, nose against a glowing rock where thousands of cats before him had done so. But before he knew it, the darkness converged around him and he opened his eyes to a starlit field, one where the grass smelt sweet like when heathers bloomed in Newleaf. This wasn't real, it was Leaffall now, but perhaps this was how it was in StarClan. A perpetual Newleaf and Greenleaf cycle, no bitter Leafbares where kits starved and warriors became skeletons. He hoped this was true, that his parents, his siblings, his clanmates were all at peace now.

"We are, Rabbitpaw." A familiar voice cut through his thoughts, the breath in his chest stuttered.

"F- Father. Is that really you?" Rabbitpaw couldn't believe his eyes, though he'd been coached by Aspenpaw on what to expect, this, this somehow felt more painful and real.

"What's wrong, aren't you happy to see your pops?" Before he could get another word out, Rabbitpaw dashed head first into his chest, burying his muzzle into his pelt. He didn't want this moment to end, why couldn't StarClan just take him now. It was so lonely in WindClan, he wanted to be here. Surrounded by his family.

"Don't be like that, Rabbitpaw. We're always beside you, even when we're apart you're in our thoughts." Rabbitpaw wanted to wail like a kit, but he barely restrained himself, instead leaning into his mother's gentle licks, letting himself be coddled for one last time before he'd have to go back. "WindClan has a grim future ahead of it, dangers lurk at every corner. You must be strong, Rabbitpaw. I know you will do us proud, protect those around you and open your heart to your clanmates."

"That's right, you can't be going around so grumpily. How are we going to see some grandkits from you at this rate?" Dewleaf teased, nudging his son.

Rabbitpaw headbutted his father in retaliation before looking at his parents for one last time. "I love you both... Tell Rabbitfrost and Mistpaw that I miss them too. The next time I see you two, I'm going to come back as a warrior, or maybe an elder... Wait for me, okay?"

The last thing he saw before awakening was his parents looking fondly at him before he awoke in the darkness of the cave. The moonstone's glow seemed a little less bright, and the dawn was creeping over the horizon. Though his heartstrings tugged painfully still, it wasn't as unbearable as he'd imagined it would be. There was comfort knowing they were all at peace in StarClan. Though it would be many moons before he'd join them, he was able to embrace the future now without fear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey   Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Rabbitpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1