Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Clan life continues as normal, though some cats may feel that death and damage is becoming too common.
August's Activity Check is complete. If you missed it, please PM a staff member.
Greenleaf is in full swing with long days, warm nights, and thunderstorms.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pikachu
Former Staff
Former Staff
Pikachu

Characters : [A] Rabbitpaw [B] Rowankit [C] Stormpaw
Male
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 5427
Clan/Rank : Thunder Stone

Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Empty
PostSubject: Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated   Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 7:51 pm

I have been informed that we are allowing people to make creations for characters they currently do not have room for and reserving it for the future. Pikachu believes that this is prioritising the whims of future RPers over current rpers. Being not able to use a certain name because someone may or may not end up using two-five months down the line is unfair, regardless of the cat creation. Two-Five months is enough time for a cat to become an apprentice, then a warrior and gave several tiers. That's an absurd amount of time.

I believe if you're going to make a character creation, you should have the slot for it RIGHT NOW. But obviously this would be an unpopular decision, so I'd recommend a one week grace period, max. We've never allowed this sort of reservation system, and it was because we prioritised people who want to RP now, over later.

I get that you want to reserve a name for your future OC, but if someone really wants to RP that cat now, it's tough luck. Sometimes that's how the dice rolls. Though I doubt anyone really cares rn, the principle behind a system of reservation is against the values of the site in encouraging RP, and newbies joining. It prioritises the needs of established RPers over the future memberbase.

Please reconsider this decision.

Thank you.

RANK&REQUIREMENTS:

Last edited by Pikachu on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nochudown.deviantart.com/
Mosspelt

Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 680
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat ; (D) RiverClan - Tier 3 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 1 Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated   Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 8:00 pm

I created Goldenkit (now Goldenpaw) while the flood was going on due to the site-wide and because of time restraints on the queen the birth was pushed back significantly. I have enjoyed being able to make a character in anticipation, especially since the RPer is required to specify the plan for the slot their new character is taking, and staff follows up on it. If we are not okay with letting people reserve a name for a cat they intend to use, especially as active, participating members if they have their slots filled to where they would need to kill one to make room, then why are we okay with names staying on the allegiances when they're not active or being utilized more than just coming for activity checks? So far I haven't seen where it's been an issue - everyone who has done it has gotten their character going quickly and hasn't used them until they have the slot needed open. I do agree that five months is too long, but I don't see where that was decreed as the time to be followed, just that five months was agreed by staff to be too long. I think one week is too little, if a litter gets held up by the parents for life business would they lose their approved creation?

TL;DR I don't think this is an issue, and is actually making transitions between character deaths and new characters more seamless. Five months is definitely too long, as staff agreed, but one week is probably too short. Maybe a month would be more fair?

Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Mossbl10Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Dapple13Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Golden14
Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Signat11

Mossbloom (She-Cat): 45 HP/100 SP ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 1) (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat): 60 HP/200 SP RiverClan Warrior (Tier 3) (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat): 40 HP/120 SP WindClan Warrior (Tier 1) (ff9900)

Mossy's Information Compilation

Last edited by Mosspelt on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lemongrass
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
lemongrass

Female
Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 659

PostSubject: Re: Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated   Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 8:02 pm

While I do appreciate and understand where you are coming from Pika, there hasn't been a member during my time on the site that has created a character five months before actually using them. The "five months" was a question asked by Grizz in the help-desk in Discord, and was not an official staff decree. Usually when someone creates a character before having a slot, it's usually only a month before they come into existence, if not less. About a week ago, staff decided to add asterisks next to the names of cats on the allegiances whos creations have been approved, but are not in active roleplay. This helps members know that these cats have been made, and yet aren't active at the moment. As of now, we have not had an incident where a member has wanted a name of an already reserved cat. If this incident does come up and becomes a problem, I'm sure staff will address it accordingly.

Thank you so much for your feedback and concern, I really appreciate it.

Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated 6H4hyHf
{ Duskkit }
Kit of ThunderClan
{5/15}
{ Finchstar }
Leader of WindClan
{120/300}
{ Leaftwirl }
Warrior of SkyClan
Tier II - {45/160}

Character Profiles

Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/lemongrassart
Ripped

Ripped

Male
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 3954

PostSubject: Re: Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated   Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 8:05 pm

As long as I've been on site, people have traditionally made characters early and played them later (not every time but a lot of times, like the rainbow litter) I think adding them to allegiances helps to avoid problems and just checks to make sure there aren't discrepancies (to my understanding but I was also at work for 12 hours today again so idk). This doesn't affect me much so I really don't know but I can see how the change is helpful

Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Ily_bo10
ily boy by the grizzy

✢  Beartooth of Thunderclan // 100/280 // Tom // color=#669900  ✢
✧  Houndpaw of Thunderclan // 20/80 // Tom // color=#9999cc  ✧

★ Deputy of Thunderclan ★

Back to top Go down
Pikachu
Former Staff
Former Staff
Pikachu

Characters : [A] Rabbitpaw [B] Rowankit [C] Stormpaw
Male
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 5427
Clan/Rank : Thunder Stone

PostSubject: Re: Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated   Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Pukachu has learnt much, and seen the error of pukachu's ways. Speaking and knowledge is good.

RANK&REQUIREMENTS:

Back to top Go down
http://nochudown.deviantart.com/
Jay

Jay

Male
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 9447

PostSubject: Re: Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated   Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 8:07 pm

Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated 427xOVI

Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated G6aYIrT
Back to top Go down
http://projectaubade.forumotion.com/forum
Sleepy
Top Pillow
Top Pillow
Sleepy

Female
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9812

PostSubject: Re: Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated   Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 8:09 pm

where am i?

Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated 37qjly9b90dy
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
Ash
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ash

Characters : Graybriar, Pricklebush, Redwing. Deceased: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat.
Female
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 4631
Clan/Rank : WindClan Senior/Tier 5 Warrior/Queen, TC Medicine Cat, SC Young/Tier 2 Warrior.

PostSubject: Re: Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated   Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 10:18 pm

The elders have been summoned. I bow in their presence

Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Edit4a11

~Redwing~~~ Pricklebush~~~Graybriar~
~SC Young Warrior~~~TC Medicine Cat~~~WC Senior Warrior~
~Tier 2~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tier 5~

Credit to Jay for the art and Night for editing it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated   Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petition No Longer Required, Information has been elaborated
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Comments & Suggestions-