Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Trampled and Broken

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

Trampled and Broken Empty
PostSubject: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 4:05 am

Mosspaw walked slowly, eyes unseeing. Her tail dragged across the ground, her paws feeling as heavy as they did on the walk home from the distant lake. She was walking without a purpose, not sure where she was heading, just going where her paws took her. She had left the clan, and her father's body, in the center of the camp with the last of her words. The wildlife's voices were echoing. The sun was starting to set. As the day started to draw towards it's close, she found that it was closing on the shattered remnants of everything she had ever known. Everything she had held dear, found faith and hope in, lay in broken pieces at the border that marked Flintfang's death. Fourtrees drew closer, and before she knew it she was in that clearing, centered between the clans, standing still and alone. She had never been here when no one else was, it was so quiet, and looked so much larger without the crowds of cats teeming at the base of the rock that normally held the leaders. Perhaps she should have been in awe, feeling something, anything, more than the emptiness she did now. There was no hope in her eyes, none of the personality she had come to be known for. The light in her eyes had died, and she watched with an unspeakable indifference as a rabbit crossed her path. A flicker of recognition flashed on her face as she turned to look towards the moorlands across the clearing, and began to walk towards them, eyes fixed on the open space they promised.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

Trampled and Broken Giphy
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6668

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:39 pm

He'd followed at a distance for a while, guarded, but only because of the uncomfortable knotting within his own chest. The tom's over-sized ears twitched relentlessly with discomfort as he slipped after the calico pelt. It was the one thing that kept him in a steady direction. Gray eyes trained on her coat and kept Houndpaw stumbling forward. Loathing for the sensations that plagued him drove him onward. To even consider such things filled him with a feeling akin to drowning in the river that he had only been spared glances of thus far. After some time, the medicine cat's paws seemed to get a little bit slower, stilling more than the previous arduous walk. Right before the she-cat caught up, he trotted forward to meet her with evident trepidation in his voice, "Can't take the sight of a dead body, medicine cat? You should get used to that now." He tried to laugh softly, to mock her, in an effort not to turn that disdain inward on his own inability to handle the situation. But there was a shrill undertone to his words, a terseness that hinted at his unease. A brief pause marked his words as she continued onward, "Where are you going?"

Trampled and Broken Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 1:57 pm

Soft pawsteps broke the silence that she had been thrust within, and her own paws halted as a voice broke the silence. For a heartbeat, her eyes remained on the distant side of Fourtrees, towards the open moors of their allies, before turning to look blankly at the apprentice that now laughed at her. Was he trying to mock her? Is that what he thought was the best thing to do? Perhaps she should have been angry, and raised her voice at the apprentice. Perhaps she should have explained to him the circumstances surrounding the death. At this moment, however, there was nothing. Nothing but the emptiness of the air around them, and the vacuum of cold hopelessness she had been cast into.

Turning to face the apprentice, she responded in a low, cold voice. "I have seen more death than you could possibly imagine. The first cat I met on the shore after the flood died to the jaws of a dog, which I then killed with my own claws. The other cats who perished either in the flood or on the shores of that lake so far away. The kits that haven't made it... And the many deaths as Leopardclaw lost his lives over and over while I stood by helplessly. It is not a lack of experience, Houndpaw." She stated at him, standing completely still aside from her tail tip, which was twitching back and forth. "You forget that I was there the day you were found, and cared for you after returning to camp. That 'dead body' is my father, who with his final breath told me that he hated me... Hated how well I knew him. There is a lot you don't yet understand, but perhaps you could do well to learn some empathy, Houndpaw."

Her gaze still fixed on him, she tilted her head slightly at his question, although her expression remained the same."If you are only here to mock me, what does it matter? I'm going to visit someone, somewhere away from camp. You should be returning home. You don't have the same protection that I do, young one. I'm sure you're on edge - I can hear it in your voice. I can give you some poppy seeds once I return to help. For now, though, you must go home."

ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptyTue Aug 13, 2019 1:09 pm

Her reaction stopped his heart in an instant. Everything seemed to slow, paced in time with the rhythmic twitching of Mosspaw's tail tip. Never before had he witnesses the she-cat's words grow so cold and lifeless at the time time. Houndpaw wasn't sure how to react. But the sensation that had seemed to only further knot and twist grew cold and waned at once. A feeling he wasn't quite used to replaced it. There was a particular sadness but it wasn't his own. Sympathy. Guilt caused him to glimpse away into the forest for a moment before turning back. He didn't dare meet his gaze after his words. For sometime, even if he had not considered it, the apprentice had thought there was a solidarity to his existence. No other cat had been born into the same circumstances as him. All of his siblings had died at his side. Their blood had stained his coat and perhaps never washed out. Sometimes he thought he could still see a tinge of red. None of the other Thunderclan cats had to deflect the pitying glances.

Houndpaw finally glanced back in the medicine cat's direction but couldn't quite bring himself to meet her eyes. Maybe Mosspaw did understand something. This death meant something to her. It even meant more to her than him, who had scattered off at the sight of some random body. His ears fell. Thinking of his own weakness caused his maw to briefly part in a silent snarl. For the first time in his life, he relented, at least partially. When he finally spoke, the words were little more than a mumble, but they possessed an almost terrifying softness underneath the discontented hiss, "I'm not going anywhere, Mosspaw." He padded forwards, closing some of the distance between them. Yet, not too close. Just close enough. As enemy cats padded towards them. Protection or not, he wasn't just going to leave her out here alone. Was it principle or something more? Houndpaw was too young to consider either and simply cast a scathing look over the approaching Windclan cats.

Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 10:46 am

The sun had relented from the dire heat, now hiding itself under a cloud as it bathed the sky in orange. Finchstar had always found sunsets to be something of a marvel. What a wonderful time, it seemed the perfect setting for an adventure or a story. Today, however, it was a hunt with his friend and deputy, Raventail. None the less mystical. Conversation had been glittering, shiny strands of memories woven through the air as the black tom conversed with the leader. There was much to talk about, and yet most of it seemed to be borderline taboo. The gathering. Dappleshine's kit. The struggles of deputyship. However Finchstar did not fear the forbidden verses of hardship. While hunting, he graced the subjects with his deputy, but alas, a rabbit sat between his jaws, prohibiting him from pursuing the topic any further. The leader wondered for a moment about SkyClan. Tinystar had simply left, and yet peace was still on its way. He feared for the tree-dwellers, but decided he must be tactful in his approach. Dappleshine was another matter entirely. Finchstar found himself grinning as he prodded Raventail about the silvery-cat, whom he noticed at the gathering. A kit had been unexpected, and yet fate had its ways. Whatever would happen, the leader had faith it would rise again like the sun. Who was he to change destiny itself? He was the reader, drifting along life itself. Love was the writer, and in the end, the tom knew good would come. It was only right.

The hunt had been successful, noting the rabbit in Finchstar's jaws. They had buried their other catches further up the moor, and proceeded to check the border near Fourtrees one last time before returning to camp. The tom wanted to bring Cloverpaw a meal before his apprentice slept. He further enjoyed the earlier conversation with Raventail as well. The black tom had a certain way with cats. He didn't spin such sarcasm as Aspenpaw did, nor did he have the fatherly edge like Barleytuft. But Raventail was an adventurer. He was relatable, a clean slate in which others saw themselves. And perhaps that was why others were drawn to him. Finchstar certainly found himself intrigued with his friend, but often wondered if the black cat got weary of the attention. Perhaps it was heavy. It would make for a good late-night topic when they returned to camp.

But fate was a funny thing. A familiar calico shape crossed through the bushes and into the ryegrass, the sun lighting her brilliant ginger patches into a flame. Another cat followed behind her, speaking the tail end of what seemed to be a protest. Finchstar smiled at the size of his ears. Endearing things, they were. "Mosspaw." The leader mewed warmly, depositing his rabbit onto a grass tussock, and picking his way down the hill. He was aware of Raventail's friendship with this cat, as well. Before the medicine cat's visitation during the storm, Finchstar only had stories and occasional glances at the gathering to put together what kind of a cat young Mosspaw was. But after their meeting, it was clear why the deputy was friends with ThunderClan's healer. What a wonderful soul she had. However the look in her eyes reflected sadness. And the look of her follower, seemed to be similar. "You are always welcome in WindClan, Mosspaw. But what weighs on your shoulders? Who have you brought with you?"

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 4:20 am

Somewhere between their respective duties as WindClan’s head and right paw, Finchstar and Raventail had squeezed in a patrol. Rabbits and a sunset. Finchstar had kept his promise many times over by now, but it would never mean any less to Raventail, whether it was the first hunt or the thousandth. If anything, it meant more now, because, out on the moor, he was just Raventail. Just another warrior out hunting with one of his closest friends. They talked, of course, as they always did; Raventail spoke of the Gathering, his tunneling lessons with Grousefrost, and especially freely (maybe too freely, depending on who you asked) of Dappleshine and her kit, wondering if Dacekit had gotten her new name and mentor by now. When the conversation strayed toward business, he steered back to safe territory as subtly as he could manage, for once unwilling to talk about himself. Admitting he was struggling was harder than…well, than just continuing to struggle. He’d never been too proud to take the path of least resistance. Still, when Finchstar had suggested checking near Fourtrees, Raventail had enthusiastically agreed.

First, he saw the tricolored pelt of his oldest friend amidst the grasses. Since his first real Gathering, he’d meant to meet up with her somehow, knowing full well she was across the forest and a medicine cat in training and probably too busy to track down a cat she hadn’t spoken to in moons—and here she was! Raventail hurried down the hill, nearly tripping over his own paws.

Then he saw the blood. He didn’t know whether or not it was Mosspaw’s; from how it was drying into her fur, it didn’t seem to matter. Something in her expression was…wrong. All cats changed over time, yes, but this ran deeper. The blood. Her hollow eyes. It struck something deep and cold and uncomfortably familiar within him, and he moved closer with greater care, hiding his apprehension under just-as-genuine concern. ”What happened?” Abruptly, he noticed Mosspaw wasn’t alone; behind her trailed a young tom with a long, winding tail and ears that, individually, were nearly the size of his head. Raventail met his glare with mild confusion and another step forward, tail swishing behind him. Not a challenge—when it came to borders, Raventail wasn't the challenge-issuing type—but curiosity. As far as he could tell, the young tom's pelt was clean; what that meant, he didn't know.

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptySat Aug 17, 2019 1:27 am

The apprentice had looked away, and a flicker of guilt writhed in her stomach. Her shoulders drooped marginally as he padded forward, hissing that he wasn't going anywhere. There was something else under the hiss, but another voice cut through the emptiness around her and she turned to see Finchstar and an oh-so-familiar black pelt behind him. She lowered her head numbly in greeting as he welcomed her, and inquired about Houndpaw. Raising her head, eyes still empty and cold, her tone of voice matched despite her efforts to make it anything else. "You once promised a rabbit and a chat when I needed it, and I'm here to take you up on that offer. I need some time away from camp right now. This is Houndpaw, is it okay if he comes along as well?" Her gaze moved to Raventail and she continued. "Flintfang is dead."

Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 12:38 am

"Your father." Finchstar mewed after Mosspaw's confession, more to jog his memory than to confirm her own. A soft pang stabbed him in the heart as he mused over what the wanderer had said. Family was not a large concept to the leader, having had no brothers nor sisters. His own parents perished to a dog, long before he could find beauty in their hearts as well. No tears had been shed that day, only a soft gasp and a steely resolve. He remembered vowing to trek on in their memory, despite how they had wished to ignore him. Their bodies had been buried on the moor, along with all the others whose souls had passed on. Redstripe and Littlesong, perhaps they waited in StarClan as well. Blinking away his thoughts, Finchstar dipped his head to Mosspaw, yellow eyes understanding. "Of course, 'paw. Raventail and I have buried a catch farther up the hill. Bring Houndpaw and yourself, we'll talk about your father. I wish to know what kind of cat he was." With a flick of his tail, Finchstar beckoned the two ThunderClanners away from Fourtrees, wondering for a moment what they thought of the lack of foliage. It seemed for a moment that the slightest wind could blow Mosspaw off her feet. His heart broke seeing the wayward medicine cat in this way, and yet his curiosity burned with a fire. Tears would be shed, secrets would be spoken. But not here. Up the hill would be more suited to such happenings of the profound. Finchstar wondered what he'd think of this place when he was older. He hoped it would bring Mosspaw solace, just as it did himself.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 12:13 am

Houndpaw said nothing at the Windclan cats chatted with Mosspaw. His ears were flat and his gaze kept flickering to the forest floor. Even if Mosspaw didn't want him here, he couldn't bring himself to allow her to venture off on her own. He felt out of place in this whole circumstance, especially having never set paw on another clan's territory. And out here everything was so open. There was no cover of trees or foliage to slink through. Instead, there was only the open air. Underneath the sky he wanted to feel smaller. The slumped shoulders and pressed ears made it a little easier. Glancing between the pair of toms, and then the medicine cat, he settled for padding along at her side. Although he was normally talkative and unable to tame his mouth, there was nothing to be said now. He simply had to follow. He simply had to stay at her side.

ooc; lame post sorry fam :(

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 6:08 am

Flintfang’s face was difficult to picture, but realization dawned at Finchstar’s response; the smell of mud, a gray tabby sitting near Mosspaw. A father. ”Oh,” he said, barely audible. ”Oh, no.” As he’d feared, Mosspaw’s empty expression and dull voice had an explanation. Though no two losses were the same—he was not Mosspaw; Flintfang was not Brookclover—Raventail understood what it was to have a family violently torn away. Bowing his head and drawing his ears close, he closed his eyes. Evidently Finchstar had offered Mosspaw something similar to what he’d promised Raventail. A rabbit and a chat could be a great comfort. Something else Raventail understood from his own experience. He could no longer be as excited to see his friend as he had been, but he was relieved she’d taken Finchstar’s offer to be genuine, as they always were. ”I can find something else if we don’t have enough,” he meowed, tentative even though the words meant little beyond filling the silence.

Then Finchstar flicked his tail, and the four of them set off with the border at their backs. The further from ThunderClan's camp and any prying ears, the better. Rather than pad along beside his leader, Raventail elected to hang back near Mosspaw and the large-eared tom, Houndpaw, who still hadn’t spoken, still remained a mystery. There was no nice way to mention the blood, even to ask if she needed help removing it, and so the dark-furred warrior did not, though his worried gaze flicked over to her every so often.

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 5:40 am

Nodding, eyes hollow and empty, Mosspaw followed behind the WindClan leader. The further she padded beyond the forest, the louder her mind got, and once they were into the open moors it all became overwhelming and the stony expression she had carried since her father's last words vanished as she crumpled in a pool of tears and sobs, feeling the wind in her fur. Was this what he had been chasing? What more could he have possibly wanted, that he hadn't already had? And why, stars explain, why would he have chosen those words to be the final ones that fell from his lips, crashing down onto Mosspaw's world just like the blood dripping from his mouth had.

Shuddering with the weight of her grief that had gripped her all at once, she stuttered the explanation of what happened. Him leaving ThunderClan, and his family, to go chase after a she-cat in StagClan. Their uprise, and their downfall. His return, only to abandon her once more. The waiting, wishing, in that clearing where he had vanished from her life for what she had thought was the final time. Having to explain to her mother, when she finally shook the sickness. Her sister's disappearance after the flood. It all came flowing out of her along with her tears, and in the moment she would have sworn her heart would stop beating, crushed by the weight of the betrayal and loss, she looked to the sky unhindered by the branches and leaves of the forest she loved so dearly.

"He was impaled. By a tree root. On the border with SkyClan. I don't know what all happened... Amberdawn was there. She helped, but... There was nothing we could do. His last words.... The last words he ever spoke... were 'I hate that you know me so well.'" She whimpered as another sob wracked her body, doubling over in not physical, but emotional and mental pain and fatigue. "He was my dad.... I loved him, no matter what he said or did.... But his final words were to tell me that he hated it.... Everything I'd ever done.... The scars I gained... The fights I fought.... I killed a dog attempting to protect my family..... I've mourned, searched, pleaded, begged.... Not a single time did he think to care for anyone's feelings. Not mine, not anyone. And then he leaves forever... With that. Finchstar.... Raventail.... Why? Am I that horrible? That terrible? Am I that much of a failure to my clan, and my family, that I would be told by someone I looked up to so much that I was hated for who I was?"

Feeling as though she was curling in on herself, she broke off into breathless sobs once more, wanting to find a hole and crawl into it, and forget. Forget everything. She had made countless promises though, ones she didn't want to break. She promised her clan, her mother, her mentors... What good was it though, if they never kept the ones to her in return? Under that open sky, Mosspaw bared her heart to StarClan and the three toms to see, and it was a broken, trampled sight. All of her shortcomings, all of her doubts and fears and failures were on display for them to judge as they saw fit, and for once she found that perhaps she didn't mind all that much. For minding would be just as painful as trying to keep it holed up inside of her.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trampled and Broken   Trampled and Broken Empty

Back to top Go down

Trampled and Broken
Page 1 of 1