Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Return of a Queen [OPEN!]

Go down 
+2
Grizzly
Stags
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1840

Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  Empty
PostSubject: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 19:43

OoC: Below the spoiler is where Sandpaw ("Sandy Bones" for now) has been up to since the flood. TLDR; She got swept to an archaeological dig site where she was taught digging skills, fell in love, got rejected, adopted her love's kit, and the kit died on the journey from starvation.

Spoiler:

Running on pure adrenaline, Sandy Bones kept going. She didn’t know where she was running, but something felt right. It was as if her bones were guiding her back home. Desperation turned to hope as her paws hit the distantly familiar grass of WindClan. The scent lines hit her nose lightly through Lion’s Skull fur. WindClan! WindClan could save Lion’s Skull.

Her paws instinctually took her back to the camp. With every muscle in her body searing from exhaustion, the extremely dirty she-cat stumbled back into her former home. Gently, she placed the body of Lion’s Skull down. Chest heaving, she called out weakly. “Brindlestar… Grousepaw! Frozenpaw, anyone!” The spotted she-cat tried to take a step forward, but stumbled and fell next to the young cat’s body. A soft moan escaped her maw as she struggled to stand again, weak from her journey.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2496

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 19:56

The sound of yowling, both unfamiliar and familiar at once, pulled Aspenpaw from his nap. His fur stood on end as he pulled common herbs from his stores and hurried out to meet the sound. There was a strange cat, with WindClan pelts already crowding around her. He shoved them aside with little regard and stood over the cat who had so disgracefully crashed into their camp. She smelled like mud and dirt and rogue, with scents of places he didn't recognize still clinging to her. The kit was his first priority as he began to lick the scrap's fur, desperate to rouse him. Finchstar's policy on kits was one he shared. 

Had she called for Grousefrost? Brindlestar? Frozenpaw's name still sent shivers down his spine, but she shouldn't have known them. He lifted his head slowly. He saw a denmate under the grime. She was familiar in ways that only the fallen had been. After all this time, raised from the dead? Sandpaw certainly looked like she had risen from the grave. He gasped quietly and pressed some of the herbs he had brought to her mouth. 

"Eat this, Sandpaw, you'll feel better," he whispered, "Do you remember? It's me, it's Aspenpaw! Grousefrost, come quick!" He returned to the kit's aide, sensing a weakness that chilled the medicine cat's very bones. There wasn't much time, if there was any at all. The kitten's fur was cold on his tongue. Lifeless.

Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
Breezey

Breezey

Characters : (B)aypaw (O)wlkit
Clan/Rank : (B)WindClan (O)ShadowClan
Taurus Rooster
Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptyThu 8 Aug 2019 - 11:58

Baypaw heard the cries of someone he didn't recognize from the spot he was laying. He lifted his body up to see Aspenpaw with the newcomer. The light tabby unsheathed his claw and took a step forward, only to see a kit with the other cat. 

He was wary of the newcomer, but he didn't know what to do. What's happening? He asked himself. In a wild storm of confusion forming inside the cream colored apprentice, he rushed over to Aspenpaw's side. 

The young tom turned towards the medicine cat apprentice. He saw wild panic in Aspenpaw's eyes. The beige tabby apprentice looked at the kit, who looked nearly dead, then the unknown cat, and back at the bluish gray medicine cat apprentice. Fear started to creep into Baypaw's head, though he didn't know why. "Who is this?" The light tom asked. "And why do you look so panicked?"

Characters

BayPaw : WindClan : #ffff99

Owlkit : ShadowClan : #330033

Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  Cosanc11Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  Adriano-bacchella-european-brown-tabby-kitten-sitting-on-rock-in-garden-italy

Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  1f43e.png?v=2.2Feel free to pm me when ever you would like!Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  1f43e.png?v=2.2
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2438

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptySat 10 Aug 2019 - 0:06

Grousefrost was padding back from a successful hunting patrol. His jaws full of rabbit as he padded over the crest that led into camp, then paused. His nose picked up a familiar scent beneath the rabbit’s fur, blue eyes widening in shock as it fell to the ground at his paws.

...Sandpaw…?” His voice whispered as he padded towards the pale figure of his sister. Long flooded away, skinny, and with so much dirt she looked almost like a completely different cat. He stared at her for a long moment, uncaring how ineffective it was as he just… marvelled.

She was alive. His only surviving littermate. A moment later, he crouched by her side. His tongue lapping at the dirty fur around her face with rumbling purrs that were so oddly and uncharacteristically affectionate to any cat that wasn’t Goldenpaw, or Vinepaw. He blinked as the name crashed into him. He looked up and around.
Where is Vinepaw?” He asked as he continued to groom her relentlessly. “Sandpaw where have you been?

Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptySat 10 Aug 2019 - 21:40

Chaos erupted around Sandy Bones. As she regained her strength, herbs were shoved into her mouth. Dutifully, she chewed and swallowed, waiting for the strength to return to her. Then, Grousepaw was next to her, though she was sure that he would have a warrior name by now. As her face was licked, cleaned of the dirt she enjoyed typically, her strength returned along with the deep sadness. Slowly, she stood. Temporarily ignoring Grousepaw, Sandy Bones stood above Lion's Skull's body. "Lion's Skull is dead. I think he died of starvation." She stared down at the tiny golden body, quietly grieving. After a period of silence, she turned her head to her brother. "Grousepaw." she said, the detachment of death still clinging to her voice. "I was washed away, many days journey. To a bone digging sight. This was my adopted son, sort of, Lion's Skull." Sandy Bones turned and crouched next to him. "He was only two moons old, and I failed him." she paused again, looking back up at the cats around her. "It's been a long time since I have been called Sandpaw. They called me Sandy Bones... Where is mother, Grousepaw?" It suddenly hit her that Brindlestar was nowhere to be seen.

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2438

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptyTue 13 Aug 2019 - 2:09

Grousefrost listened in silence at Sandpaw’s words. His gaze turned to the tiny scrap of fur that lay on the ground before her. Grief stung his chest, at the little kit who didn’t make it… but he forced it back. It wouldn’t help anyone. Instead he sighed softly, biting back worse grief at the knowledge of what he had to tell her. What he had to say.

Mother… is gone.” He answered slowly. His pelt still pressed against Sandpaw’s for comfort. “No cat has seen her since the flood… a lot has changed.” He paused, giving her a moment to wrap her head around what he had told her already as he looked around the clearing.

I have my warrior name now, I’m Grousefrost now.” He puffed out his chest slightly in pride, hoping it would help stir some positive feeling back into Sandpaw despite the wretched situation. “...and as a warrior, I think you need some food.” He broke off the conversation, padding to the fresh kill pile and bringing her a rabbit, placing it gingerly behind the little kit’s body, who he nudged gently, as if hoping it’d stir some life back into it somehow.

Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptyTue 13 Aug 2019 - 6:07

Rabbitpaw startled at the scent of death that permeated the air of camp, for half a beat, he was convinced that he was there again, in the shallows of the flood plains with deceased bodies of cats surrounding him. Startling his fellow apprentices, he shot out of the elder's den, paws matted with mouse bile as he came upon a startling sight. Many moons had passed since he'd seen her, since he'd nuzzled up against his mother beside her, but blood called to blood, and he could never forget her, despite how she'd age so much since they'd last met. "Sandkit? Wha-? You're alive...? Is that a kit? What, StarClan, I thought... Nevermind. I... Aspenpaw, do you need anything from your den for Sand... Sand?"
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2496

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptyTue 13 Aug 2019 - 8:16

Aspenpaw grimaced as Sandpaw admitted what he already knew to be true. Lion's Skull, he supposed the kit was called, had already died. There was no saving it. As Grousefrost nudged what Aspenpaw could only assume to be his nephew, the medicine cat sighed and shook his head. He moved the kit's body closer to Sandpaw, hoping she'd know what she wanted to do with the body. At Rabbitpaw's query, he found himself at a loss for words. He couldn't believe Sandpaw was alive, a cat who he once shared a den with. He had assumed she met the same fate as Frozenpaw... he let a smile cross his face. 

"I took up the role of medicine cat after the flood," he said, piggybacking off of Grousefrost's explanation, "You look a little dehydrated. If you can't make it over to the stream, I'll have Rabbitpaw fetch me some soaked moss." His gaze shifted from Grousefrost to Sandpaw, to his own herb-stained paws, to the body of little Lion's Skull. "We've all grown up, haven't we? Somebody better get Finchstar and let him know."

Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
Breezey

Breezey

Characters : (B)aypaw (O)wlkit
Clan/Rank : (B)WindClan (O)ShadowClan
Taurus Rooster
Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptyTue 13 Aug 2019 - 8:28

"I...I can get Finchstar." Baypaw had no idea what was happening, or who this cat was. But judging by the fact that Grousefrost, Aspenpaw, and Rabbitpaw seemed to know the stranger, the light tom could safely guess that this cat was safe. 

He stared at the dead kit laying beside the pale ginger she-cat. Even though he had no idea what was even going on or who this dead kit was, a silent tear streaked down Baypaw's face, dropping on the dry grass of the moor with a tiny "plop". 

Characters

BayPaw : WindClan : #ffff99

Owlkit : ShadowClan : #330033

Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  Cosanc11Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  Adriano-bacchella-european-brown-tabby-kitten-sitting-on-rock-in-garden-italy

Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  1f43e.png?v=2.2Feel free to pm me when ever you would like!Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  1f43e.png?v=2.2
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptyTue 13 Aug 2019 - 10:01

Barleytuft approached Baypaw, having heard him stammer an offer to fetch Finchstar yet still standing frozen and staring with a grieving, almost horrified expression at the dead kit beside Sandpaw. The senior warrior recognized the returned she-cat a short distance away, and his heart hurt for the apparent queen and the loss she had suffered. Looking back to his target, Barleytuft gently nudged Baypaw, slipping his body seamlessly between the stunned apprentice and the morbid sight. "Come, Baypaw, let's go and fetch Finchstar, then," he rumbled, using his tail to sweep Baypaw along beside him. "There's nothing we can do here, little warrior; we must help where we can." And so he attempted to guide the tom with him to find Finchstar.

As soon as the ginger-and-white tom was located, Barleytuft dipped his head respectfully. "Finchstar, my friend," he greeted before raising his head to lift his leader's eyes again, "one of Brindlestar's children who was lost in the flood has returned home to us. Please come with me; I believe you'll need to meet Sandpaw... She has suffered a terrible loss, though, one I don't think Baypaw here needs to see a second time."

Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptyTue 13 Aug 2019 - 14:29

The world's swirrled around her as she regained her bearings of WindClan, and the life that had continued on without her. Grousepaw, no Grousefrost, was a warrior now. Aspenpaw, a medicine cat. Rabbitpaw was here too. Three siblings survived. But her mom was dead. Since nobody mentioned Frozenpaw, she assumed she was dead. Lion's Skull was dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Everyone was dead.

Slowly, the words seemed to process and she could figure out what she wanted to say. It was essential that she take this step by step. Like a process, dare she show weakness and they were not accepted into the clan. First, her brother. Sandy Bones focused her attention on him. "Congratulations on your name, Grousefrost. They called me Sandy Bones where I've been, but hopefully I can retrieve Sandpaw back as a name..." Now, her mother, with her eyes sweeping the crowd, she asked the general collection, "Did you guys look for Brindlestar? She had all of her lives, I thought. Maybe she can still come back?" And now for Aspenpaw. The warrior focused her attention on the tom. The scent of the rabbit Grousefrost brought her was making her mouth water, she hadn't had rabbit in so long, but she had things to do before she could eat. "Congratulations to you as well, for your title, Aspenpaw. But, I'm going to have to reject the food and water until Lion's Skull is burried. But I do think it'd be important for me to speak to Finchstar first and gain permission to stay and bury him here." Sandy Bones glanced to Baypaw and Barleytuft walking away, presumably to find the new leader. Looking back down to the ground, she gently pawed her adopted kit to in front of her. As she did so, her heart felt full. He deserved to be buried somewhere she could visit, and he could play. Would he join StarClan? Slowly, her gaze lifted back up to meet the others.

Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1299

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  EmptyWed 14 Aug 2019 - 18:34

The voice of Barleytuft carried over the clearing where Finchstar sat, laying out on a rock, watching the sky. The cream warrior's greeting was warm, however his message carried other tones. Sadness, perhaps. But the return of Sandpaw was one no cat could expect. Even Finchstar's stubborn optimism had come to accept the fact that the cats lost in the flood had been taken by StarClan. And yet life stunned him yet again. Grousefrost's sister. Brindlestar's daughter, alive. What a miracle it was. Baypaw stood beside Barleytuft looking as if he had seen a ghost. Barleytuft was smart and tactful, bringing the apprentice away from the scene. Finchstar leapt down from his small rock and mused on how to better soothe Baypaw. "Here, 'paw. Why don't you sit atop this rock and keep it warm for me, hmm?" The leader wore a smile, although it was a bluff. His mind continued to ponder what Sandpaw had seen, and where she had been. "I'm going to go with Barleytuft, alright 'paw? If you find yourself in need of anything, seek out Raventail. Or perhaps you can give Cloverpaw some company in the medicine den." The leader hoped the distraction would be enough for the poor apprentice. While the moors were beautiful, they were harsh as well. He hoped good fate could rise from their midst.

Nodding at Barleytuft, he followed the senior warrior through the camp, rounding several tussocks and rocky outcrops, until sure enough, Sandpaw stood at the entrance, looking much older. A thousand stories must cling to her fur. Already a significant amount of cats surrounded the apprentice. Aspenpaw was already seeking to care for the adventurer. Grousefrost looked pleased. Rabbitpaw had joined the reunion as well. A kit sat at Sandpaw's feet. Lifeless. Finchstar's heart broke in two as he gazed at the small scrap, immediately feeling the flashbacks at the sight of his own stillborn sons, dead on the grass. While he and Brookclover had recovered from the incident, it was the type of grief that never left. Of course the feeling subsided at times, but it was a weight he would always carry. Finchstar wondered if Sandpaw would be the same. "Sandpaw, it's been a while. It seems we've all grown, haven't we?" Finchstar's voice was inquisitive and yet friendly, he hoped to tread lightly on the she-cat's heart, sorrowful eyes drifting to her kit. "I am very glad to see you again, 'paw. However your heart must be heavy. Kits are the honey of the moors and yet fate does not discriminate in death. It seems even the innocent fall to its claws. Tell me his name, 'paw. We will bury him among flowers, atop a tall spot where he can see the sun."

Finchstar's yellow gaze glazed over as he padded to the long lost apprentice, laying his long tail over her shoulders. "Welcome home, Sandpaw. You will always be welcome here. Tonight I'll have Aspenpaw look over your pelt. You may eat the rabbits and sleep in the moss. You are as much of a WindClan cat as the rest of us. Should you find yourself sorrowful, come and find me. All have seen loss in this camp, and yet we carry the burden together. I am intrigued by the stories you hold." Finchstar gingerly lowered his head to lick the late kit's scruff, swallowing the lump in his throat before meeting Sandpaw's eyes again. Life kept them all on their toes, and yet those who seemed to enjoy the twists and turned florished. And those who grew weary would not be left behind. WindClan would be a sanctuary for the broken, a haven for those with breezey hearts.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of a Queen [OPEN!]    Return of a Queen [OPEN!]  Empty

Back to top Go down

Return of a Queen [OPEN!]
Page 1 of 1