Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.
 
HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans, having faced their various opponents and challenges, fight to maintain the normal lives they have built. What struggles await them as the creeping fingers of leaf-bare grip the forest?
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. This month's activity check has been completed and closed. If you missed it, please PM a staff member with the filled form for each of your characters.
Leaf-bare has set in, the days bitterly cold. The prey of the territory have taken shelter for the season, making hunting difficult. Herbs are dying in the crisp, cold air. How will the clans fare?
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share
 

 [open] Shed a Little Light

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Characters : [B]arleytuft | [C]lovertwist | [D]acedream | [E]ggkit
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1931
Age : 24
Clan/Rank : [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC W[3] | [D] TC W[2] | [E] SkC Unborn

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2019 8:39 am

ooc; This is an open tunneler training patrol;
it takes places in the "Gorse Circle", the name for the series of deep, incredibly secure and sturdy tunnels that go completely around
the perimeter of camp with a few offshoots that go under the center;
posting order won't need to be followed, so if a member is unable to post the thread will continue on. I'll reply in 48 hours or so!

Barleytuft stood at the entrance of camp, his tail low with the tip flicking discontentedly as he waited for his patrol to gather before him, wishing ever so slightly that the training session were not his to lead and, truthfully, that it didn't need to be lead at all. The choice was not his to make; the game had been set, the first moves played. The senior warrior had lost a dear friend to the tunnels, and now he had lost a son as well. StarClan had granted him wisdom to prevent the death of his son, yet he had withheld it, however good his intentions were in doing so. Intentions were not actions; actions had consequences. The consequence of not immediately beginning to educate his Clan and kin was dire. He had inadvertently caused his son to pay that price, and Barleytuft was determined never to risk it again. When he, Grousefrost, and Goldenpaw had returned to camp, they immediately went to Finchstar to explain what they found - or, rather, didn't - and to decide that the time had come to begin sharing the knowledge of the tunnelers.

Their leader had approved, and so it had begun. Barleytuft intended to teach the basics today in the easiest set of tunnels to navigate and understand. He had started calling it the Gorse Circle, himself, and the other tunnelers had found it useful. Some of them were fairly broad compared to many tunnels in the territory, and they were deep where the earth was hard-packed and nearly akin to stone from ancient use. They would be quite sufficient to teach a cat how to navigate.

______________________________________

[open] Shed a Little Light JLOT9vN
Dacedream of ThunderClan |
T2 Warrior [45/160]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Clovertwist of WindClan |
T3 Warrior [60/200]
Eggkit of SkyClan
Unborn Kit [0/0]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
Online
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G) ; Blossompaw (B)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1306
Age : 23
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 10:07 am

Goldenpaw stood at the ready, watching her father closely as he prepared to share the wisdom granted to him by StarClan with the others, including herself. She was determined that she would learn all she could, and help prevent another cave-in... Or work on creating a tunnel that passed under the Thunderpath to help make the Moonstone trip safer and easier on Aspenpaw and any other cats who went that way. Her paws kneaded the ground in anticipation, too ready to be still.

______________________________________
[open] Shed a Little Light PkGnMta

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat) ~ 100 HP/280 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) ~ (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat) ~ 80 HP/240 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 4) ~ (ff9900)
Blossompaw (She-Cat) ~ 20 HP/80 SP ~ SkyClan Apprentice ~ (9966cc)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Characters : [B]arleytuft | [C]lovertwist | [D]acedream | [E]ggkit
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1931
Age : 24
Clan/Rank : [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC W[3] | [D] TC W[2] | [E] SkC Unborn

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 12:52 pm

Barleytuft smiled at Goldenpaw, the first to arrive, though his expression was a bit sad as he regarded her. The thought of her wrapped in a smothering veil of dirt was a constant theme of his nightmares: his kits, his mate, his friends. He preferred the dreams where he himself suffocated in a collapsed tunnel than the abstract nightmares where he was unable to save his loved ones. The worried father did his best to remember why he himself had learned to tunnel despite his own misgivings. He may dislike the duty, but he was not so foolish as to deny that his Clan was safer now that the knowledge of the tunnels could be passed on to others. They could learn to secure the tunnels, to dig free from them in collapses, to traverse them safely and treat them with due caution and respect. Lives would be saved.

The other [NPC] Clanmates had gathered, and Barleytuft nodded with satisfaction, addressing the small group of curious learners. "First and foremost, I want to stress that the tunnels are never to be traversed alone," the tan warrior stated. "That's important. The most important. If you retain nothing else, please just remember that. Take someone you trust to look out for you, and who you trust yourself to look out for. You are each other's help - each other's lifeline, if one or both of you go down." He gazed at his daughter again, and he smiled slightly. "If you're not opposed, dear, I gladly offer myself as your tunneling partner for this lesson," he joked.

______________________________________

[open] Shed a Little Light JLOT9vN
Dacedream of ThunderClan |
T2 Warrior [45/160]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Clovertwist of WindClan |
T3 Warrior [60/200]
Eggkit of SkyClan
Unborn Kit [0/0]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
Online
Pikachu
Former Staff
Former Staff
Pikachu

Characters : no
Male
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 5539
Age : 19
Clan/Rank : Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods~

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 6:01 am

"Are the tunnels truly that dangerous? Can't one just dig up to get out?" Rabbitpaw understood the danger posed by the tunnels in an abstract sense, however he struggled to truly grasp the terror of the depths within. Nothing seemed that terrifying compared to the flood waters that still haunted his dreams, the cries of his littermates, his mother's death, his father's passing. These things all haunted him now, he struggled to see something as more terrifying than that. Though he respected Barleytuft enough to accept that the tunnels weren't harmless or their tales exaggerated.

______________________________________
don't talk me, i'm angy
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G) ; Blossompaw (B)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1306
Age : 23
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 6:18 am

As they waited for the other cats to gather, Goldenpaw stepped forward and tucked her head under her father's chin. She could pick up on the sadness in his expression, so she reassured him gently. "I'll listen and be safe, don't worry. This way I'll know what to do." She stepped back as the others filed in, sitting patiently as she waited for him to start the lesson. He didn't wait long after the small group had gathered before stating that the first - and most important - rule of tunneling is to never go alone. Her head lowered a tiny bit as she thought of Quailpaw, who had ventured out alone. Was that way the tunnel had caved in?... Because he went alone? Briefly she wondered if it happened to all cats who ventured in alone, regardless of how secure the tunnel was. She was pulled out of that thought as she met her father's gaze, and smiled in return.

"I humbly and graciously accept your offer, father, with the condition that you help me with a personal project I will be taking on." She winked at him, an ear flicking as she listened to Rabbitpaw's questions and waited for her dad's response to them.

______________________________________
[open] Shed a Little Light PkGnMta

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat) ~ 100 HP/280 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) ~ (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat) ~ 80 HP/240 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 4) ~ (ff9900)
Blossompaw (She-Cat) ~ 20 HP/80 SP ~ SkyClan Apprentice ~ (9966cc)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Characters : [B]arleytuft | [C]lovertwist | [D]acedream | [E]ggkit
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1931
Age : 24
Clan/Rank : [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC W[3] | [D] TC W[2] | [E] SkC Unborn

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 2:43 pm

Barleytuft chuckled at Goldenpaw's response and nodded with agreement, though he felt a flicker of curiosity as she mentioned a "project". Barleytuft's ear flicked as one of the members of his patrol spoke up. The senior warrior's dark hazel gaze landed on the apprentice Rabbitpaw's dark face that stood out so starkly against his pale coat. Though Rabbitpaw's questions seemed to be obvious to Barleytuft himself, and though less than a moon ago they might have rubbed him the wrong way, the older tom understood Rabbitpaw's questions came from a place of genuine curiosity, and he tried to imagine how difficult it might be to wrap one's head around it. The apprentice had never experienced anything about the tunnels before; he hadn't been present for Brookclover's death or for the disappearance of Quailpaw, and so he had not seen the sheer amount of dirt which had fallen upon them.

Barleytuft dipped his head in acknowledgement of Rabbitpaw's questions. "Quite dangerous," he responded gravely. "Even some of our tunneling ancestors, who came from generations and generations of tunnelers, fell victim to cave-ins and sudden floods during newleaf - and that was with their tunneling partners, and even whole patrols." Barleytuft went on to explain, "Digging up can be an option to save one's life in a shallow tunnel that's close to the surface, but more often than not we are several tail-lengths beneath the moor's surface. Digging up, a tunneler runs the risk of collapsing more earth - and even heavy stones - down on themself. If a tunneler found themself underneath the earth, they may not even have the strength to twist and dig towards the sky under the weight.

Even if I did,"
he continued, "the ground beneath me is no longer stable, just like the ground above. It's likely that, from below, I won't be able to get any sort of traction against the shifting dirt." The sandy warrior flicked his tail then, meowing to the patrol as he began to lead the way out of camp, "Come, I'll show you a cave-in that Grousefrost and I caused together for demonstration. It is a safe place for you to see, and then feel, what the ground above a collapsed tunnel feels like." He strode through the gorse tunnel and began to lope across the moor towards the Thunderpath between them and ShadowClan. Sure enough, after a short jaunt there appeared in the distance a strange depression of earth.

The tunnel had been shallow, and judging by what Barleytuft and Grousefrost had scouted out it hadn't been a vital connection to any other parts of the network. Once they'd gauged that it could be collapsed without ruining the structural integrity of nearby tunnels, they did so carefully, piece by piece, to simulate a recent cave-in. The tall senior warrior stopped his patrol just before it. "Here we are. We all need to start somewhere simple, by getting our paws dirty. This will also help you, Rabbitpaw, to understand how the dirt can be even harder to traverse than water."

Barleytuft looked at Goldenpaw seriously, then scanned the group and meowed, "This is good practice for the first rule; no matter how simple the task or how quickly you think you will be in and out of a tunnel, bring a partner. We're only testing how soft a collapsed tunnel is, but I expect you each to be watchful during your turns. Goldenpaw, I'm going to step onto the collapsed tunnel, and you will see me sink almost to my belly. I won't go any farther unless I try to stomp about. As my partner, it's your duty to attempt to remain on solid ground so you may act quickly if I cause the earth to shift." He flicked his tail at Rabbitpaw. "Come with me - walk slowly. Goldenpaw and your partner, [NPC], will watch out for us."

______________________________________

[open] Shed a Little Light JLOT9vN
Dacedream of ThunderClan |
T2 Warrior [45/160]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Clovertwist of WindClan |
T3 Warrior [60/200]
Eggkit of SkyClan
Unborn Kit [0/0]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
Online
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G) ; Blossompaw (B)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1306
Age : 23
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 8:00 pm

Goldenpaw listened intently to Barleytuft as he explained what could happen, even to experienced tunnelers. Her thoughts wandered to how Quailpaw had felt in his final moments, suffocating in countless tail lengths of dirt. She shuddered as her father's words confirmed things - her brother with little or no experience surely wouldn't have stood a chance. Following behind him as they left camp, she was surprised to hear that he and Grousefrost had done a controlled cave-in. Pride for her father continuing to push past his fears filled her as they approached the spot, although her paws faltered as she stared at the awkward depression in the earth.

Her thoughts went once more to the discovery the three had made the day Quailpaw disappeared, and her breath caught in her throat. Barleytuft led them to the edge before stopping, Goldenpaw stopping at his side - she was his partner after all. He looked to her, and she gave him a nervous nod as he started to talk, and the knot in her belly tightened. She couldn't lose him... She refused to. Her voice was higher than normal, tinged with fear and unease as she responded. "Okay. What do I do if you start to go lower? Do we dig you out, or try to grab your scruff? What if the cat is much larger than us? Do we dig towards you, so that way there's a firmer path out, or down?" The questions came rapidly, as the apprentice tried to fill in all of the blanks in her knowledge before her father stepped into the earth that would swallow his paws, her claws unsheathing unsheathing to dig into the ground as she made sure she was as close to the depression as possible while remaining on solid ground.

______________________________________
[open] Shed a Little Light PkGnMta

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat) ~ 100 HP/280 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) ~ (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat) ~ 80 HP/240 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 4) ~ (ff9900)
Blossompaw (She-Cat) ~ 20 HP/80 SP ~ SkyClan Apprentice ~ (9966cc)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Characters : [B]arleytuft | [C]lovertwist | [D]acedream | [E]ggkit
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1931
Age : 24
Clan/Rank : [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC W[3] | [D] TC W[2] | [E] SkC Unborn

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 7:04 pm

Goldenpaw's slight change in demeanor wasn't missed by Barleytuft. He flicked his tail to signal Rabbitpaw to wait for a moment as his began to ask questions - first one, then another, each following more rapidly until they were blending together. Truly, as a father he wanted to simply hold the she-cat close and assure her that everything would be alright. He understood that wasn't what was best, though; he instead stood his ground and nodded his head in acknowledgement of each of her questions, holding each to answer when she was ready to listen. She was an apprentice, and she was there to learn. These answers to her questions could save her life and the lives of those she loved someday.

"If you're on solid ground and you know you're out of harm's way, you can try to grab their scruff - if they're about your size or smaller. That's an ideal situation, though - rarely the one we find ourselves in. The biggest danger for you is falling in after them and getting you both trapped, so if you're at all unbalanced or you feel the ground crumbling beneath you, you have to step back and wait for the earth to settle - then dig them out," Barleytuft explained. Knowing part of Goldenpaw's fear, he went on to add, "Grousefrost, Elmskip, and I know this area very well, and there's no fear of an air pocket that might cause me to sink further here. I'll be perfectly safe.

"As for your other questions,"
he explained, looking at Rabbitpaw, "I'll tell you the proper procedure for getting me out once I get in and we can all be certain I'm in no danger." His words spoken, Barleytuft let his tail brush Goldenpaw's flank as he stepped forward and down into the depression of ruffled earth. His first step made his toes splay, and he immediately sank to his ankle; the second step and the crook of his elbow was brushed. The thin-furred tom waded in slightly, taking high, awkward steps through the upturned earth. Then he turned to face his daughter. Sure enough, he had sunk so that the dirt was brushing the pale fur of his belly. "A little uncomfortable, but not fatal," he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

______________________________________

[open] Shed a Little Light JLOT9vN
Dacedream of ThunderClan |
T2 Warrior [45/160]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Clovertwist of WindClan |
T3 Warrior [60/200]
Eggkit of SkyClan
Unborn Kit [0/0]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
Online
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G) ; Blossompaw (B)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1306
Age : 23
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 6:32 am

Goldenpaw nodded in response to his first answer, noting it carefully. Same size or smaller, scruff. Bigger, dig. Thinking of the last part, however, brought a new question, one that felt like a rock in her throat. What if we wait too long? What if it's too late? She didn't, couldn't voice that question, the air refused to summon the words as her father reassured them that Grousefrost, Elmskip and he himself had tested this area fully, and knew what to expect. Her ear flicked at the mention of Grousefrost's name, but as Barleytuft took his first step into the depression they twisted back, and with every following step they lowered further, until he was belly deep in the dirt and turned back to face her. Her ears were plastered flat against her head, her eyes wide with worry despite his reassurances. She had to know how to save them... She couldn't lose him to. She wouldn't. Never, in countless moons...

Meeting her father eyes, she forced her ears upright again, her gaze softening slightly as several heartbeats had gone by and he hadn't gone any deeper. He joked, and Goldenpaw rolled her eyes slightly in response, relaxing more with every heartbeat that passed. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all, Barleytuft was fine, she was fine, everything was fine for now. She would hear how to go about getting her father out, and she would, and they could go home and share a rabbit. Yeah, good plan. Let's do this. Once her little pep talk to herself was over, she looked to Barleytuft with a small smile. "Who needs comfort anyway! So how do I get you out?" She quipped back, reaching out a paw and bapping it lightly on the surface in front of her before pulling it back to solid ground.

______________________________________
[open] Shed a Little Light PkGnMta

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat) ~ 100 HP/280 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) ~ (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat) ~ 80 HP/240 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 4) ~ (ff9900)
Blossompaw (She-Cat) ~ 20 HP/80 SP ~ SkyClan Apprentice ~ (9966cc)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
Breezey

Breezey

Characters : (B)aypaw (O)wlkit
Female
Taurus Rooster
Number of posts : 41
Age : 14
Clan/Rank : (B)WindClan (O)ShadowClan

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 8:18 am

Baypaw looked at Barleytuft a little funny. "So....are you to get yourself out or do you need some help?"
The young tom was a little nervous about being this close to the tunnels, even though they had Barleytuft who he himself was a tunneler. He had heard stories of cats dying and he would not want to die before his warrior ceremony. That's not gonna happen, I'm sure of it. 


Characters

BayPaw : WindClan : #ffff99

Owlkit : ShadowClan : #330033


[open] Shed a Little Light Cosanc11[open] Shed a Little Light Adriano-bacchella-european-brown-tabby-kitten-sitting-on-rock-in-garden-italy

[open] Shed a Little Light 1f43e.png?v=2.2Feel free to pm me when ever you would like![open] Shed a Little Light 1f43e.png?v=2.2
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Characters : [B]arleytuft | [C]lovertwist | [D]acedream | [E]ggkit
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1931
Age : 24
Clan/Rank : [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC W[3] | [D] TC W[2] | [E] SkC Unborn

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 3:26 pm

Well, Barleytuft thought he was funny, but Goldenpaw clearly did not. His dry humor wasn't particularly funny even on the best of days, but while she considered him to be in harm's way, his jokes were more likely to fall flat. The tabby apprentice rolled her eyes but then returned her attention to him, making her own strained joke before asking for directions. His daughter reached out to tentatively touch the surface and Barleytuft gave her a reassuring smile. Before he could speak, Baypaw had interjected, looking as uneasy as Goldenpaw likely felt. The senior warrior chuckled and answered, "I can get myself out, but I would like to use this as a learning opportunity. I'll explain to you how to get yourself out."

He addressed the apprentices on the solid ground. "Now, the most important thing to remember is that the earth is loose. If you struggle in a place that hasn't been secured like this one, the tunnels can collapse around and beneath you and pull you even deeper. Notice how I haven't moved at all since climbing in? Moving as little as possible ensures that the earth stays put, too. In addition, you want to try to get as flat as you can on your belly - with your forelegs and hind legs outward." The tan tabby flattened his belly against the earth, and it compressed beneath him; however, he didn't sink. "You want to make yourself flat to distribute your weight out.

"Then, you need to use your forepaws not to attempt to gain a pawhold and walk but rather to reach ahead and flatten the earth before you to lay on again,"
he explained. As he spoke, Barleytuft began to maneuver; one by one he freed his legs and began to crawl towards the edge, inching like a blind kit finding its way to its mother's belly. "When I get close enough, you can grab my scruff and lend me a paw," he finished as he felt one of his paws grip a solid tangle of roots. With one last heave the warrior hauled himself out. He was half a brown tabby now.

______________________________________

[open] Shed a Little Light JLOT9vN
Dacedream of ThunderClan |
T2 Warrior [45/160]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Clovertwist of WindClan |
T3 Warrior [60/200]
Eggkit of SkyClan
Unborn Kit [0/0]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
Online
Breezey

Breezey

Characters : (B)aypaw (O)wlkit
Female
Taurus Rooster
Number of posts : 41
Age : 14
Clan/Rank : (B)WindClan (O)ShadowClan

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2019 8:13 pm

The cream colored apprentice felt a lot safer when he learned that Barleytuft knew how to get out of a tough situation, more specifically getting out of the dangerous tunnels without being harmed. Baypaw thanked the senior warrior for his advice inside his head and then reached down near Barleytuft to grab onto the warrior's scruff.

"Cnn I gettttt smmmmm hlppp?" He tried asking through clenched teeth as the light colored tom attempted to lift the sand colored warrior from the unstable ground far beneath his paws and up onto the rugged windy moor.


Characters

BayPaw : WindClan : #ffff99

Owlkit : ShadowClan : #330033


[open] Shed a Little Light Cosanc11[open] Shed a Little Light Adriano-bacchella-european-brown-tabby-kitten-sitting-on-rock-in-garden-italy

[open] Shed a Little Light 1f43e.png?v=2.2Feel free to pm me when ever you would like![open] Shed a Little Light 1f43e.png?v=2.2
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G) ; Blossompaw (B)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1306
Age : 23
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 6:24 am

Goldenpaw's head lowered as she almost mimicked her father's movements, his belly flattening but not sinking. What a weird thing that was, that his paws would sink but his belly would not. He talked about distributing the weight, and flattening the earth in front before wriggling forward slowly, not unlike a kit before figuring out it's legs. She chirped as he drew closer, taking a hesitant step forward to grab him but pulling back quickly as her paw started to slip. Regaining her balance, along with her composure, she took more tentative steps as Baypaw darted forward. Her eyes flashed briefly, but less than a heartbeat later she relaxed once more. The younger apprentice was merely helping, and she would have trouble hauling Barleytuft out herself anyway. "I'm right here, don't worry."

She bent her head, grabbing the remaining spot of Barleytuft's scruff carefully, afraid of hurting him or Baypaw. Bracing her hind legs on the solid ground under her, she pulled up as hard as she could, pulling her father's hind end out of the dirt and onto the firm soil once more. Once he was safely away from the depression of downed earth, she released his scruff and looked down at the warrior. Now that the feeling of danger had dissipated, she smiled brightly at him and flicked his ear with her tail. "Baypaw and I have rescued you successfully! Does that mean we get your share of fresh-kill later?" She purred, the worry quickly fading from her gaze with every heartbeat.

______________________________________
[open] Shed a Little Light PkGnMta

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat) ~ 100 HP/280 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) ~ (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat) ~ 80 HP/240 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 4) ~ (ff9900)
Blossompaw (She-Cat) ~ 20 HP/80 SP ~ SkyClan Apprentice ~ (9966cc)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Characters : [B]arleytuft | [C]lovertwist | [D]acedream | [E]ggkit
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1931
Age : 24
Clan/Rank : [B] WC W[5] | [C] WC W[3] | [D] TC W[2] | [E] SkC Unborn

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 8:08 am

When the apprentices grasped at his scruff to help him with the final haul, Barleytuft felt pride warm him from his nose to his tail-tip. The two freed him from the dirt and he shook himself roughly to dislodge the debris from his pelt. "Well done, both of you," the senior warrior purred. Goldenpaw declared their success and requested tauntingly if they could have his meal when they were done. He snorted and smirked. "I'll consider it, but the real test would be if you can climb on in there and get yourself back out again like I did," Barleytuft answered.

The warrior stood tall and looked between the two. "One at a time. Who would like to try? Everything will be perfectly fine."

______________________________________

[open] Shed a Little Light JLOT9vN
Dacedream of ThunderClan |
T2 Warrior [45/160]
Barleytuft of WindClan |
T5 Warrior [100/280]
Clovertwist of WindClan |
T3 Warrior [60/200]
Eggkit of SkyClan
Unborn Kit [0/0]

(click name to view profile)
Back to top Go down
Online
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G) ; Blossompaw (B)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1306
Age : 23
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2019 8:18 am

Goldenpaw stepped back, trying to avoid the debris that showered from Barleytuft's pelt. When he had stopped shaking, she stepped forward and pressed her nose to his shoulder in acknowledgement of his praise. Pulling back at his question, she eyed the dirt warily. "I'll go first." She nodded to the smaller apprentice with a purr. "You be ready to pull me out, alright?" With that, she took a deep, shaky breath, and stepped forward. Her paw plunged through the earth, sinking over her paw. A quiet gasp escaped her before she swallowed the growing lump in her chest and took another step forward, then another, until she was in the middle of the depression in the earth. The dirt that had only come belly high on Barleytuft came up almost to her shoulders, and she stood in the center, stomach twisting with anxiety.

"Uhh... Dad? How do I turn?..." She tried to twist herself, but that only made her sink a little further. Panic welled in her eyes as she stopped moving, standing completely still with her back to the group. Her ears swiveled back, listening desperately for the response, the weirdly colored dirt stretching almost impossibly before her. The sinkhole hadn't been this wide standing on the side... Had it?

______________________________________
[open] Shed a Little Light PkGnMta

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat) ~ 100 HP/280 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) ~ (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat) ~ 80 HP/240 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 4) ~ (ff9900)
Blossompaw (She-Cat) ~ 20 HP/80 SP ~ SkyClan Apprentice ~ (9966cc)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




[open] Shed a Little Light Empty
PostSubject: Re: [open] Shed a Little Light   [open] Shed a Little Light Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
[open] Shed a Little Light
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory :: The Tunnels-
Jump to: