Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey   Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 2 Aug 2019 - 18:11

Amberdawn pulled her bundle of herbs together, eyelids heavy with exhaustion. She had been having so much trouble sleeping... there was just too much to think about. Too many things had happened recently - too many changes. She didn't want to think about them today. The golden tabby sat alone in the medicine cat den yet again, another day among many where Mintwhisker was gone - another day that she had to leave the Clan without a medicine cat to take an apprentice to the Moonstone. Tinystar's terse words about her having a Clan to be loyal to had stung, cutting deep; she could not help that sometimes being loyal to the Clan meant leaving the territory.

After a moment of consideration, Amberdawn added two poppyseeds and a leaf of thyme to her own bundle and lapped it up before finally grabbing the one for today's companion: Sagepaw. She had been so relieved when she'd found him on the lake shore. It would be strange taking another long journey with him today. Amberdawn left the medicine cat den to find the young tom, the herbs he would need to eat held in her mouth. When she found him, she smiled and purred through the packet, "Fagefaw - goo' worning!" She set it down and pushed it ever so slightly towards him, asking, "I hope you rested well. Are you ready?"

Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1520

PostSubject: Re: Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey   Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 9:42

Sagepaw hardly slept the night before, tossing and turning all night out of sheer excitement. This was his last requirement before he could fully become a warrior, something he had been waiting for for a long time. He slept fitfully, waking earlier than the other apprentices as he waited for Amberdawn to come get him. He was very productive. He organized his moss bed, he gave himself a full cleaning, and he had a nice, long stretch to make sure he was fully ready for the journey he would make today. The moment he spotted Amberdawn and her tawny pelt approaching the apprentices' den, he padded out of the den to meet her, grinning. "Good morning, Amberdawn!" he replied, doing his best to keep his voice down so he wouldn't wake the whole camp. He sat down in front of her, squinting at the pack of herbs she offered him. "What's all this? I've heard it tastes bad..." As he spoke he leaned down to take the herbs in his mouth, nose wrinkling and whiskers curling at the bitterness of the plants. Sagepaw swallowed it down quickly, wincing. "Great StarClan, they were right...! Ugh." He shook his head as if to clear it, then smiled at Amberdawn again. He and the she-cat had become something like friends while they were stranded together after the flood. He was happy to take this important journey with her. "I'm super ready! Are you ready?"

Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey 2RvdchP
Flickerpaw         Icepaw         Lightpaw         Cricketpaw
#54565A         #8ED2E2         #E7CD65         #76AF5C

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey   Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 24 Aug 2019 - 7:14

Amberdawn didn't have to go far in search of him; he came out to greet her merrily and she slowed her approach to meet him in the middle and deliver her own message. It wasn't overly common to see apprentice up and alert so early. She wondered if he had awoken early with excitement; he certainly seemed energetic enough. Sagepaw made quick work of lapping up the herbs, and, as most apprentices, he commented on their bad, bitter flavor. His facial expressions certainly supported his words. The medicine cat couldn't help but giggle and let her tail flick his shoulder sympathetically. Most didn't have the taste for plants that she seeemed to.

Sagepaw asked brightly if she was ready, and Amberdawn nodded, standing up to begin trotting towards the entrance. "Absolutely! I ate my herbs in the den so we could be off in a flash - we can stop by the Moonlit Creek for a drink of water to get the taste out before we take the usual route to Fourtrees. Sound good?" she explained, checking in with him with bright eyes as they slipped out into the forest.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey   Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 26 Aug 2019 - 9:45

(OOC: oop short)

Sagepaw gave Amberdawn a goofy grin, happy that he was able to make her laugh this early in the morning. He flicked his tail back at her in amusement, whiskers still twitching from the taste in his mouth. "You take apprentices to the Moonstone a lot, right? I bet you're really used to the taste of these herbs. Personally, I hope I don't have to eat that ever again!" He laughed, his shining blue eyes bright.

"Moonlit Creek, huh? That sounds good to me, let's head out! I'm excited to speak to someone from StarClan, I hope they're not mean." He followed just behind Amberdawn as they left the camp, chattering happily nearly the whole way to the Mothermouth.

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey   Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 26 Aug 2019 - 15:05

The warrior apprentice's response was bright and energetic, and Amberdawn felt a little bit of sunshine tug at the stormcloud in her mind at his words. Even with his disdain for the herbs themselves, Sagepaw was still bright and eager to set off. He even echoed her own thoughts about her lack of reaction to their bitter taste. "Hopefully these will be the only herbs you ever need to eat from me," Amberdawn answered, chuckling a little. The pair set off bright and early, the sun shining down on them and growing hotter throughout the day.

The sun had set again by the time they reached Highstones. The day had been full of idle chatting - some of the most easy-going conversation she'd had in a while. Now Mothermouth was looming a short distance before them.

Amberdawn turned to her companion, explaining, "Alright - this is it. The Mothermouth. We'll enter and follow a tunnel down into the darkness. I'll be there to guide you. We'll enter a cavern, and that's where the Moonstone waits. When we get there, touch your nose to the stone; StarClan will bring you sleep and dreams." The medicine cat rested her tail on his shoulder. "It might be frightening in the tunnel, and I have no way to know what you might dream, but whatever happens I'll be right here waiting for you. Okay?"

And with that, the medicine cat lead the way into the darkness.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey   Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 3 Sep 2019 - 18:09

(OOC: making it short so i can get through it faster for plot reasons--)

Sagepaw fell quiet as they neared the Mothermouth, his jaw dropping in amazement. The cavern was dark as night inside. He gave Amberdawn a serious look and nodded at her words, keeping his mouth shut as he entered the cave behind her. He kept close by, his tailtip brushing along the wall to keep him going the right way in the darkness. Finally he came upon the radiant stone that filled the small cavern, the moonlight shining down from the hole in the ceiling. The tom gasped quietly in awe at the beauty of it and shuffled foward, laying down in front of it. Readying himself, he leaned forward and pressed his nose to the stone. His paws dropped out from underneath him as he fell into blackness.

He woke up in a field of short grass, the wind blowing neatly through his short fur. Was this...StarClan? He looked around, squinting. There was no sign of other cats yet. "Hello? Is anyone there?" he called, his voice raised. "I'm here to talk to someone? My name's Sagepaw!"

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey   Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 7:30

Although the former leader had once resigned to the recesses of Starclan, it was the state of the clan he had once loved that drew him forth. His former deputy's successor, a tom he had come to know throughout the duration of his time in Skyclan, and Crowstar's son, had made an interesting leader to say the least. Tinystar's heart had once seemed in the right place. Even if the pair of toms had once been at odds in the past due to circumstances, Rippedstar had gained a semblance of respect for the short-legged tom. That decreased by the day. After allowing the medicine cat to slaughter Sedgestrike and then killing Sparrowpaw in front of the whole clan, the black and white Starclanner could hardly look at him. And he feared for the cats of the clan. Tinystar seemed defeated and like he had been through so many things, and leadership was a trying feat, but he had also caused to much to happen in the clan. Rippedstar was concerned if he did not meddle, they wouldn't last long.

Thankfully it was one of his kin who was visiting the moonstone. He had not forgotten about kin and clan even in his stagnation. And there needed to be some words shared with the young Sagepaw tonight. Advice and hope would be instilled in the young tom. Rippedstar had tried to hard to do so already with Tinystar's kits and the medicine cat, who seemed to be in the right place. He feared that if things did not change then the clan would not be around for much longer. Sorrow touched his bright blue gaze but disappeared quickly as apprentice called out. The glade in which he had chosen to met the young cat was pleasant and kind, unlike the parts of the journey ahead. The tom dipped his head to Cloudroar's kit and offered him a smile, "Welcome to Starclan, Sagepaw. I am Rippedstar and I've come to welcome you. There are plenty of things we need to talk about. As the future of your clan, there is so much opportunity for you to assist in ways you'd have never thought, and to change the course of direction of your life and those of the cats around you."

ooc; lowkey think i got the parentage wrong but i gotta blast and can edit later

Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Last edited by Ripped on Sun 8 Sep 2019 - 18:36; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aspen
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Aspen

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey   Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 8:38

(OOC: mobileee)

A large black-and-white tom approached, his pelt dotted with stars, and Sagepaw's curious look turned into a grin. He had heard about this tom. This was Rippedstar, the leader before Tinystar and his paternal grandfather. He over and pressed his nose to the leader's fur, happy to see a member of his family. Sagepaw's father Cloudroar had passed when he was very young, so any connection he could get with him was appreciated.

"What do you mean, Rippedstar? Are you saying I'm not going to be a warrior, or...? I've been training for so long. Am I not ready yet? Oh, are you going to give me a prophecy? That would be so cool! Also, I'm glad I finally got to meet you, I've heard so much about you! I miss Dad. Is he around here too?"

[CHARACTER PROFILES]
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey   Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 8 Sep 2019 - 18:58

The former leader had grown into such a stoic creature with age and the many experiences he had endured. Seeing the state of Skyclan only furthered the seemingly permanent scowl across his maw. But for a moment, as Sagepaw pressed his nose into the black and white tom's pelt, Rippedstar found a purr rumbling in his throat. It was a similar action to that of the many kits he had sired, and their kits after. Family and kin had been an important thing to him in life. That was only matched by his love for clan and both had clearly carried over into his time in Starclan. What a strange thing it was to feel so restless and so whole all at one. At least he had the chance to soothe many desire on this visit, and to have the chance to advise Sagepaw throughout this upcoming ordeal. The fact remained that Skyclan would need a medicine cat, more than perhaps they knew, and his offspring would be a perfect match for the role. He would be able to help shape the clan in the moons to come and aid in guiding the clan leader is Tinystar's ears were open for advice.

"Now, you know Starclan has never been one for a forward answer, as much as I wish to give you one." Rippedstar's whiskers twitched. His vibrant blue gaze fixed on the pale-eyed apprentice. He swept his tail across the star-studded leaves that now covered the skies, "Sometimes our paws must tread one path in order to better prepare us for the next one ahead. You'll know when the time has come, but rest assured that Starclan guides your paws and I will be watching you as well." The tom offered his grand kit a soft smile, something that shifted the many scars across his maw. And when Sagepaw inquired of his son, Cloudroar, his ear twitched, "We only have so much time. Amberdawn awaits your return and so does the rest of the clan. I can say he is certainly proud of you. As am I. Go in peace, young one. And don't lose hope. It's all we have." He found his voice to be particularly warm and soft. It was rare. Rippedstar had grown accustomed to his own disheartened rasp. But he had to hear his own words now. Hope was all they had.

Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey   Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Sagepaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: