Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Mysterious Meeting (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Characters : Flamethrower
Clan/Rank : Rogue [T1]
Sagittarius Snake
Number of posts : 1207

A Mysterious Meeting (closed) Empty
PostSubject: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 21:55

Minkpaw padded into Fourtrees, his paws barely making a sound on the dusty ground. The last time he'd been here outside of the Gathering was not something he wanted to remember, but this time it would be worth it. Above him, the oak trees swayed in a gentle wind, their leaves casting patterns of dark and light across the sparsely grassed clearing. Green-leaf was in full swing, the RiverClan camp full of fish and cats lazing around. No one would miss him.

Feeling almost like he was in a dream, he moved halfway to the rock the leaders usually occupied and sat down. As he gazed at it, it seemed almost better without them, free to sit there in the wind and sunlight and not have to worry about arguments or the inevitable piece of bad news. If his hopes bloomed into more than just a dream, maybe he too would be as free as it was....

pics of me cats:

In order from left to right
Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Swansong | Rift | Cleft Spyre | Sablepaw/Lirista | Minkstar | Murkpaw
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/piiec
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 5984

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 22:13

Batbite was extra cautious as she slipped out of her nest and through the undergrowth of ThunderClan’s territory, moving with a level of grace and stealth typically associated with ShadowClan cats. Solo walks and hunting weren’t incredibly unusual for her, so she wasn’t too worried about anyone noticing, but it was better to be safe than regret it later. Especially now, when she wasn’t just going on a stroll.

Every step she took was purposeful as it was quiet, confident in a way she hadn’t really felt in a while. Minkpaw - Strom, she fondly recalled calling him once, when she’d been an apprentice too - understood how she felt. She couldn’t just leave those thoughts, those feelings, to sizzle under her skin like rocks under her paws in the greenleaf heat. She couldn’t turn her back on a chance to talk more with someone who understood.

Finally, she arrived at Fourtrees; not bothering to announce her presence. Her eyes found the Great Rock, and without any leaders to stand there, it seemed to be an ordinary (if large) rock. A kitlike thought occurred to her, and there was almost no one here to judge her... It's not like she would be interrupting anything, so what harm was there in a little indulgence? Despite her small size, she scrambled on top of it, standing where her father once had and looking down at the cat she'd come here to meet. "Strom," she called, old fondness for an old name suddenly surfacing in her memories. Settling into a sitting position, a slightly more serious expression crossed her face along with the sunlight, but her soft and genuine smile kept its place. "It's good to see you again."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Apprentice ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 0 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 2:20

Minkpaw's ears twitched at a sound from the other side of the rock, and for a moment he tensed. The memory of twolegs rushing out of the bushes seemed to thunder through his bloodstream, and almost involuntarily he hunkered down slightly, preparing to spring to either side. Then a head popped over the top, a familiar face smiling down at him from the top with a slightly mischievous gleam in her green eyes as she called down to him.

He relaxed, a breath he didn't know he'd been holding silently escaping his maw. The relief he felt almost caused him to miss the name she'd used, a strange mixture of emotions running through him at its use. Strom.... The name a certain cat had given him, both blessing and curse.

Pushing away a pang of grief, he purred in return, a smile lighting his muzzle. "It's good to see you too."

For a moment, he looked up at her, her black pelt a darker shade set against the shadowy boughs of the trees behind her. There's room for more than one cat up there. Feeling mischievous, he gathered his hind legs underneath him and leapt as high up as he could go, scrambling the rest of the way. Once on top, he turned, feeling almost as if he was on top of a mountain at the height between him and the ground. There was more of the sun here, as less leaves covered the sky above them, and it warmed his fur. The smile on his maw at the sight of everything so small compared to it had been below settled into a slightly more serious expression as he turned back to Batbite, though a twinkle was still evident in his eyes. "I can see why Jaystar likes it up here," He remarked. They were there for more than simple idle chit-chat, he knew, but for the moment he felt an urge to just... talk... with someone he knew, someone who understood.

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 9:56

As Minkpaw leapt up onto the rock beside her, Batbite didn't bother hiding her laughter. "Yeah," she agreed. "I can't believe I never thought to try this before. I've always wondered what it's like." Looking down, she imagined what it would look like during a Gathering, with even more leaders on either side. What did they see? ...Well. No harm in sharing her thoughts, she supposed.

"What do you think it looks like to them, during the Gatherings...?" Batbite was well aware that she was smaller than most of her fellow warriors, and while it didn't bother her - she tended to see it as an advantage more than anything else - she still wasn't entirely sure she liked the thought of seeming even smaller than she really was. "Looking down on all of us..."

Still, she didn't want to think about that right now... Instead she thought of a memory that was somehow both more and less pleasant. "This is where we met... Where everything started." The memories of being captured and escaping were awful, yes, and she hated to dwell on them too much; but they had also been the first time her eyes had been opened to the world beyond the territories the Clans called home.

There had been more, later. With the flood and the mountains, and her brothers had brought home tales of a distant lakeshore. The Tribe cats that lived in the mountains lived differently than the Clans, but they seemed content to do so... Still, there were things she saw as flaws in their methods as well. Different wasn't always better, she supposed.

But thinking that she might never have known any of it, or even the cat sitting beside her, if her mouse-brained brother hadn't decided to sneak out of camp as an apprentice... She wasn't sure she could imagine a world like that anymore. Or that she even wanted to.

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 16:13

Minkpaw purred in agreement, turning around to look at the whole view. It was definitely high, a lofty place to view every cat from. It was a wonder they missed anything when they sat up here. "Depends on whether any of them have a fear of heights," He murmured dryly. "All you'd be able to see would just be a sea of eyes staring at you."

It was somehow easier to smile with a friend he'd known since he was a young apprentice, especially in a place that seemed so peaceful. Even the bad memories around here seemed dimmer with her nearby. Though the good feeling dampened slightly when she mentioned that first meeting, the smile fading slightly from his face. "Yes.... It wasn't exactly the best introduction, was it?" That was where everything had started going downhill, and the period of his life after that wasn't one he particularly wanted to remember.

But then, now was the time to make a change. To leap for the sun while it was still shining. And he couldn't let this opportunity slip out of his paws, not this time. "Still, we wouldn't be here now if it hadn't happened," He added, looking at her once more.

Though whether that's a good or bad thing.... He thought silently. All he knew was that there was hope in this to take him out of the hole that had threatened to suck his life into its dark depths, and to find something new and different.

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 16:49

"It's true, we wouldn't." Batbite shifted her gaze, then, to focus on Minkpaw; she wanted to see his reaction to her next words. "But that leaves another question, doesn't it?" The words faded into a momentary silence, as Batbite considered how to follow that statement. As usual, she actually had several questions to ask, but she was trying to slowly ease into the things that they'd come here to discuss. One thing at a time, and there would be time for everything. "Now we're here, and I have to wonder... What happens now?"

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 17:05

Minkpaw gave a small smile at the question. "Well, we could just say this was a nice meeting and leave..." He mewed, not quite able to resist one last joke. But it really was time to make a decision, and he was beginning to realize it was one he'd already made, maybe even before they talked at the gathering. "But I have been thinking on what we talked about, and the more I think about it, the more it seems like a good idea. There are problems, true, but if we put our heads together we can figure out an answer."

He searched her eyes for a moment, trying to read what she was thinking. What they had discussed, especially after that thing with StagClan, would not exactly be viewed in the best light by their leaders. "But... others might not see it that way."

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 17:19

Relief Batbite hadn't even realized she was waiting for flooded through her as Minkpaw gave the answer she'd hoped to hear. "That's just one more problem we'll find an answer to," she promised. "It's not like we're going to hurt anyone... But we should definitely have a solid plan before anything else." Plans, the kind that weren't spur-of-the-moment analysis and solutions, weren't her strongest skill. That didn't mean she wasn't going to give it her best effort, though. "Where do we start?"

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 17:48

Minkpaw felt a slightly guilty pang in his chest at her words. They might not intentionally hurt anyone, but sometimes a misunderstanding or two could sting just as badly as a claw scratch. Shaking the thought away, he focused on the rest of what she'd said, a slight frown crossing his maw. "When I said I'd thought about it, I hadn't actually thought about where to start.... But if we were to begin with anything, maybe we should figure out just what we intend to do."

He tapped the end of his tail against the rock beside him, his voice dropping slightly as he thought out loud. "We can't just run off into the sunset, not without a place to go...." Raising his eyes, he added, "And I think we both agree that taking over a Clan or two is a terrible idea."

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 18:15

Batbite closed her eyes, trying to think of potential options. "There has to be a place... Somewhere that's not Clan territory, so no one can object to it... I think we'd both like to avoid going anywhere near the Twolegplace..." But there was a reason, she supposed, that no one had done this before. That was fine. They'd just need to get creative.

A sudden thought occurred to her. There was a structure she'd seen on the way to Highstones, during her trip to the Moonstone and on the way home from the mountains after the flood... She'd asked a few of the older ThunderClan cats when they'd all returned home, and what she'd learned was that it was a barn, and that it was a place where a group of rogues had lived some time ago. Her curiosity had been sated at the time, and she'd more or less forgotten about it...

Until now.

"I know a place! Well, sort of. I haven't been there myself, but I've seen it."

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 18:29

He listened as Batbite spoke, mrring in agreement as she checked off Twolegplace. That was definitely somewhere he never wanted to go again. But he pricked his ears as something else occurred to her, her eyes opening as something seemed to prick at her thoughts.

"I know a place! Well, sort of. I haven't been there myself, but I've seen it."

He leaned forwards slightly, a thrill of excitement running through him. "You have? What is it?"

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 18:42

"Have you been to Highstones?" Batbite asked, but didn't bother waiting for a response this time before moving on with her explanation. "Partway there, there's this place... It's like those big stone structures in the Twolegplace, but it's not made of stone, I don't think, and there aren't any Twolegs there... Anyway, I noticed it when we were coming home from the mountains after the flood, and when I asked about it I was told it's a barn, and that a group of rogues used to live there. I'd forgotten about it until now, but I think it could work." First, though, they'd need to figure out everything else.

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 19:01

Minkpaw shook his head silently at her question, intrigue in his eyes as she continued. "A barn...." The faint memory of Littlestream talking about something like that came back to him almost as a whisper. I was born in one of those, wasn't I? Forcing his mind back from the memory, he shook it away. Now wasn't the time. "If a group of rogues could live there, a few cats could, too. It sounds perfect!"

A gleam entered his eyes as he considered it. Now we have a possible place to go. But there were still a few other things that needed sorting out, such as... "Bat, do you think others would want to leave the Clans behind?" He asked, a slightly troubled expression shadowing his eyes. Sure, if was just him and Batbite it would be okay, but if the others of the old gang could join - and anyone else who didn't feel like they fit in with Clan life.... This idea was beginning to span beyond just his small sphere, and if it could help others, then that would make it ten times better. "I haven't really talked to any of the others except you and Lynxtail, but from the sounds of it they're all fitting in just fine with their Clans."

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 19:17

"Lynx is happy here. Copper, too," Batbite sighed. Her brothers were content to be ThunderClan warriors - the best ones they could be - and she was happy for them, really. But she didn't even know what she wanted yet, just that she wouldn't find it there. "I haven't really talked to the others either, though, so I don't know... But there have to be some other cats who'd want to leave, even if most of them would rather stay. The question is how we're supposed to find out who they are without being too disruptive or suspicious..."

Back to top Go down
Chickenwing

Chickenwing

Sagittarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 20:52

"Yes, that's most of the problem," Minkpaw murmured, his former enthusiasm dying back down again. It didn't seem like a problem they could find an easy way around, that was for sure. "We can't just run up to cats and ask them if they want to run away to a barn in the middle of nowhere...."

He twitched his tail in frustration, no simple solution just leaping at him out of nowhere. "We could try talking to cats at the gathering, but I doubt any of them would just open up to some cat they don't know. And most of those who would consider it would probably be the most unlikely cats we could think of."

Silverpelt, if I were going to go along that line, even Jaystar could feel like leaving. The very idea of the tom joining their possible group at this barn, though.... He mentally growled at the thought before shaking his mind back to the present.

pics of me cats:

Flamethrower
Ded/Missing:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Mysterious Meeting (closed)   A Mysterious Meeting (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

A Mysterious Meeting (closed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next