Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

August Gathering 2019

Go down 
+23
Transient
Stags
Lizz
Ceryn
Yoshachu
Sun
Grizzly
sumashira
Holly
Kari
Drippy
Kade
Ice
Mocha
RainyHeart
Ripped
Mosspelt
rhindon
Maple
Jay Bird
lemon
Cays
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3828

August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 12:25 am

Lynxtail padded into the gathering, his tufted ears twitching. Ever since they'd met at Sunningrocks, the brown tabby tom had been dying to talk to Sparkfrost. It looked like Riverclan had gotten to the gathering before Thunderclan, so the handsome warrior should be somewhere in the clearing...
The Thunderclanner moved through the crowd slowly, trying to act like he wasn't looking for anyone in particular. Starclan, why did Lynxtail have to act like he didn't want to see him? It wasn't like there was anything...
He shook himself, brushing past a group of babbling apprentices and muttering an apology as he bumped one of their shoulders. This whole thing was stupid, anyway.

Mintwhisker walked near the back of the crowd, her head low. It wasn't like she'd be able to see over the Windclanners in front of her, anyway. They were all so tall... It was strange to see how different the cats of each clan were. Interesting, too. Mintwhisker made a mental note to look into how and why these little physical changes occurred.
Aspenpaw could go out and socialize if he chose to, but Mintwhisker's leg was beginning to ache, so she decided to skip the talking and sit in her usual place, curling her tail around her paws neatly.

Puddlepaw trotted into the clearing with bright eyes, making sure to stay away from Skyclan's section of the gathering. She sat down near a group of apprentices and warriors and looked up at the assembled leaders, twitching her tail as she waited for the gathering to begin.

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 879

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 12:59 am

Thornbriar padded into the gathering, fully aware of how it looked with neither Scorchstar or Wildstrike present. What could she do? Wildstrike was gone and Scorchstar had holed himself up in his den like some sort of hermit, leaving her alone to manage an entire clan on her own.

This was her life now, she supposed.

She flicked her tail tip to her clanmates, signalling them to scatter amidst the crowd of cats.

They knew the drill, they'd mingle as they pleased.

As for her... she had a mission before she planted herself on top of the large rock at the head of the clearing. She immediately began weaving through the crowd, her gaze searching for the familiar black and white pelt of...

"You." She growled, stalking towards Magpiepaw.

Wasppaw once again found herself questioning why she was here.

Only this time, she found herself at a gathering she didn't want to be a part of. Settling down all by her lonesome, Wasppaw found herself staring off into space.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletpaw |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Apprentice |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 5984

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 1:30 am

Emberheart followed her Clanmates into Fourtrees. While she usually kept a close eye on the leaders, tonight she was curious about the rest of the forest. A Clan was made of more than its leader, after all; perhaps she could get some worthwhile experience out of a conversation with another Clan's warriors.
~
Despite all the recent difficulties ShadowClan had faced, their medicine cat apprentice had taken rather well to Thornbriar's deputyship. As her former apprentice, Mothpaw was used to the much more intimidating warrior's looming presence, and found it more comforting than anything. With lingering resentment for her currently absent father and leader, she'd latched on to the other cat she'd come to see as a parental figure.

Now, though... This was her first Gathering, actually, since becoming a medicine cat apprentice. She had plenty of lost time to make up for, and so she practically radiated excitement - and while she nearly made a beeline for her fellow medicine cats, it seemed that the ones she could see were all occupied. Rather than interrupt them, she bounced on her paws, eyes shining. If she was overcompensating for still not feeling quite like herself, well... No one had to know.

(Emberheart and Mothpaw are open to talk to!)

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Apprentice ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 0 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 1:42 am

Amberdawn was quiet and thoughtful, her face slightly downcast with thoughts and troubles. So much was happening lately... As she followed her leader and Clanmates at a distracted speed, she tried to remind herself to leave her troubles at the edge of the clearing. She had to be strong and represent her Clan, however much she wished to disappear into the shadows and simply listen. When they broke through the foliage and into the hollow of Fourtrees, Amberdawn looked up at the Great Rock to gauge who was present and who had yet to arrive.

Finchstar of WindClan stood with an unreadable expression; beside him, Jaystar was speaking words she couldn't read. Marshstorm had taken Leopardstar's place on the Great Rock once more, much to Amberdawn surprise. She thought to herself to try to ask Mosspaw about it, and she saw much to her relief that the she-cat was present. She realized, however, that Mosspaw's calico face was downcast - much like the SkyClan cat's own - and Amberdawn approached at a quicker pace.

The golden tabby had just arrived at her spot when she saw an unfamiliar young tom with large ears standing in front of Mosspaw began to taunt her about her seating location. Amberdawn's fur bristled, thinking of Dewpaw and how he had disrespected her and her ThunderClan friend once before. Amberdawn sat directly next to Mosspaw, her tail brushing the younger she-cat's, as she told the tom in a stern voice with a dangerously glinting amber gaze, "Actually, I'm her friend, as are the other medicine cats, and Mosspaw is up here because she was granted the honor along with all the other medicine cats. We've spoken with StarClan and earned our place beside our leaders. Whereas, you might be...?"

Amberdawn's patience for kittish teasing and heartless speech towards her loved ones was thin.

Barleytuft padded into Fourtrees close on the tail of Finchstar and WindClan's newest deputy, Raventail. It had been difficult to be glad for his friend Raventail through the recent grief of his lost son, but the senior warrior had always had ample hope and energy to spare. It seemed to be wearing thin as of late, yet he managed well enough for himself. He had celebrated with Raventail and the rest of their Clan, and he had carried on as always. He held a little tighter to his three remaining kits. No amount of grief, though, could make him force Goldenpaw to stay at his side; she had the choice at her first Gathering and she would have it again.

Indeed, when they entered the clearing Barleytuft's independent, driven daughter padded off, quickly disappearing into the mingling crowd of cats. The warrior watched after her for a moment, his tail low and tail-tip twitching. The Gathering was likely the safest place for her, anyways. He tried to take that thought to heart as he chose a place in the clearing to sit and gaze curiously up at the leaders. Scorchstar still isn't here... but I see some ShadowClan, he noted. And Marshstorm is still in Leopardstar's place. I hope the stars have been kind to him... He suspected, however, that they weren't, and he felt nervous waiting for the Gathering to start.

August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 8:59 am

Stormpaw cockily bounced into the gathering, contrasting starkly with the more timid apprentices that crawled in with their ears laid flat against their skulls. Muzzle high, he strutted in like he owned the place, though when a warrior brushed past him, his attitude changed like the wind. He was oh so very proud of the fact his father was the leader of ThunderClan, he acted like he'd been appointed by StarClan himself.

-

Rabbitpaw was far more measured as he came into the clearing, the silvery moonlight making his white pelt ghostly. His blue eyes reflected near red as he took his place in what appeared to be WindClan's designated section.
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 9:42 am

A smile crossed the gray she-cat's face as her friend turned towards her, his face lighting up. A quick flash of disappointment crossed her face - she had so much news to share, and apparently so did the tom, but they would have time to talk later. Bowing her head towards him in silent agreement, she returned the smile before turning and disappearing back into the crowd. She looked around for Thornbriar quickly, although she supposed the ShadowClan warrior would be quite busy with everything that had been going on. Her blue eyes landed on Wasppaw, and she padded over to sit next to her sister, brushing her side against the tortoiseshell's. Her sister had been distant recently, not at all her usual self, and Dappleshine was worried for her.

The calico she-cat looked up as a tom was suddenly in her face, and her eyes focused on the recognizable ones of Houndpaw. He was taunting her? Her tail wrapped tighter around her paws as her eyes narrowed slightly, sitting up straight with confidence. Amberdawn padded up and eyed the young tom sternly, and Mosspaw's tail returned the gesture gratefully. "I have friends in every clan, Houndpaw. Perhaps someday you'll meet them all. I sit here as a medicine cat apprentice representing ThunderClan alongside Oakstar, Pricklebush and Beartooth, and the other clan's leadership. I'm surprised though, with all of the cats here to speak to, you came to me, a cat you know." She tilted her head slightly, her blue-green eyes shining with the smallest hint of playfulness, a small smile on her face. "Are you overwhelmed? Nervous? I can introduce you to some cats, if that would help ease your worries."

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6661

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 10:20 am

✧ Houndpaw had severely underestimated the she-cat's confidence, in so far as he had not really considered that at all. In fact, he hadn't even thought over the reason behind taunting the clan's medicine cat. The whole situation was made irreparably worse when a strange cat from another clan joined him and proclaimed herself to be Mosspaw's friend. Unsure of himself, the young apprentice's ears flattened against his head and he glanced around for Galepaw. Being the elder of the two, typically it was Galepaw that guided him. But the terrifying truth of it all was that the calico she-cat was right in her deduction. And his uncertainty stunned him. The apprentice refused to believe himself incorrect and to take back his words would silently agree to such a notion. Although there was some foreign sensation in his chest as embarrassment heated his flattened ears for a moment. His face was a mask of absolute distaste and dissatisfaction at the whole ordeal.

There was a moment where he said nothing but his gaze flickered back and forth between the two, plenty of glares to be spared at their easy dismissal of his confidant nature. Finally, his gaze rested on the stranger whose name he did not yet know. But he had decided that it was not worth knowing, "My name is Houndpaw and actually my father is the Thunderclan deputy now. And Oakstar wishes I was his son. I'm sure they'll be inviting me up by the next gathering." While his grey eyes were hard as steel in his own self-righteous defiance, the young tom's tail twitched uneasily behind him. Then he turned to Mosspaw. If her face had betrayed any of her earlier dismay, perhaps some primal decency would have softened his words but instead he continued to be fueled by his own indignation and personal importance, "And actually, I've already made friends, Mosspaw, which you were too busy staring at the dirt to see. In fact, they're a lot more fun than you pair so I'll leave you to your plant talks. There's so many more important things to do anyway." After a brief sneer, he whipped around and left both she cats behind.

As the apprentice turned away, his expression faltered into a displeased smile. He did long for the comfort of a familiar face by his side but they were all busy. It was true, perhaps the several cats who proclaimed themselves to be his kin would have wanted him by their side, but he would never allow himself to get wrapped up in that. Everything in Thunderclan was all too strange. His mind wouldn't allow for such easy connection with another. Houndpaw's tail drooped as he padded away. This was not how he wanted his gathering to go so far. But it had just begun. Eyeing an apprentice sitting by herself, he recovered his confidence and trotted over with a rather, unconventional greeting, "Do you not talk or something? I thought this was supposed to be a gathering. If you need someone to talk to, though, I guess you can talk to me. The name is Houndpaw and my father is Thunderclan's deputy." ✧

ooc; work time, beartooth to be added later~

August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 12:26 pm

Ferretnose searched the crowd for a familiar face. She was looking for the tom she had battled before her warrior ceremony... Swallowpaw, she remembered. He was a SkyClanner, wasn't he? She saw a piece of cream fur peeking out from the crowd, but when she turned the corner, she saw her opponent's brother: the one that started the fight in the first place. He was looking quite sorry for himself, and she harrumphed in his direction. What a mousebrain he was! Swallowpaw wasn't visible yet, but she continued to seek him out. She couldn't wait to introduce herself when they weren't expected to be at each others' throats.

Aspenpaw wobbled into the clearing and immediately sought out the medicine cats. He was quite pleased with himself, knowing that his StarClan vision from the last meeting had come true. StagClan was gone, and Burntstag was dead. ShadowClan's leader and deputy weren't with the rest of their clan. He assumed the worst, swallowing the lump in his throat and approaching Amberdawn and Mosspelt. He quietly listened to their conversation as he approached, a snicker threatening to leave his mouth as they made a fool out of a huge-eared apprentice. The tom pushed past Aspenpaw, onto his next unfortunate conversational partner no doubt. His eyes lit up as he sat next to the she-cats.

"My, my, Amberdawn!" he gasped dramatically, "I've never seen you so hostile! And Mosspaw... the sternness... The disrespect... Incredible. He may never recover." He licked his trembling paws and winked at them. His eyes trailed towards a heavily-scarred golden tom making his way through the clearing. Wondering what was going on, his face shifted to a more serious expression. "Gentle servants of StarClan indeed. I do have a question, Mosspaw. Leopardstar is back, but Marshstorm is still up there... everything okay?"

August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f

Last edited by Grizzly [frisbee bear] on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sun
Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 2:31 pm

Harefoot trotted in with ThunderClan, his eyes on Houndpaw's back the whole way. This one was not like Honeypaw. He was much more independent than she had been. The warrior could only hope that StarClan would give him the strength to keep him from trouble. Harefoot had only looked away for a second to navigate through the crowd when he lost track of his apprentice; he finally spotted the young tom talking with Mosspaw and another medicine cat, though by the other medicine cat's sharp glare, Harefoot could tell that the exchange was not so friendly. Perhaps he should intervene? But Houndpaw had already broke away from the pair by the time the warrior finally settled on doing something.

Well, Beartooth wasn't an option as he had responsibilities now, so Harefoot decided to just keep an eye on the deputy's son. He Houndpaw boasting as he neared and suppressed a deep sigh. As long as he wasn't picking fights, Harefoot didn't have to worry. So he sat a small distance away and decided not to force his presence on his apprentice.

Spottedleap remained at a distance for a few moments before plunging into the crowd. He had been so alone for the past forever that it felt almost suffocating to be surrounded by all these cat again. He was grateful, though, that there was some sense of normalcy here. The confident warrior wasn't feeling so self-assured after the events of Maplepaw's trial, which this roleplayer will not describe to avoid paradoxes. He only hoped this gathering would be calm and things within the clan would smooth over. Then his amber eyes landed on the monstrosity that was ThunderClan's deputy, sitting at the base of the Great Rock like a great lump with all his teeth and claws. A rush of adrenaline greeted Spottedleap at his recognition of the tom who practically ripped off his ear. Catching his breath in his throat, the spotted tom backed away slowly and sat outside of the crowd once more, put off that such a brute was now such a high rank.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Poppyheart trudged rather slowly after Thornbriar and the rest of his Clanmates into the clearing, heaving a heavy sigh. He had no idea that the last Gathering he had been accompanied by Asterspark would have truly been the last time. Oh, how he missed his beloved brother so very much. But alas ... he had been exiled from ShadowClan by Scorchstar, having chosen to live the rest of his life as a rogue rather than live the rest of his life as a retired elder. He still had no idea why his brother had chosen exile over retirement. The last time he checked, his brother lived for the day he could finally retire and laze around doing nothing like the lazy furball he had always been!

Why did so much have to change in so little time?

Without Asterspark here -- and with Scorchstar held up in his den after feeling like he wasn't worth the title of ShadowClan's leader he had been given and Redwing cooped up in the nursery on the cusp of giving birth to their second litter of kits -- Poppyheart felt truly alone. Even more alone than when he had been captured by Twolegs that one time. At least then he had had the pretty kittypet Carat to keep him company. Now, it felt like he had no one at all....

(OOC: Poppyheart is open for conversation! Come cheer the sad boi up!)

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 721

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 5:22 pm

Addershade walked into the gathering alongside his clanmates, not much less wary of the abundance of unfamiliar faces than at his first gathering. Even though he'd decided he wanted to be a little more outgoing among his clanmates, he needed to take little steps, and he certainly wasn't ready to initiate small talk with someone from outside his clan who he barely knew. So he resolved to just sit and wait for the leaders' announcements to take place.

--

Marshpaw trotted along at a quick pace. Recent events were not figuring much in his mind; he was just ecstatic to finally be able to attend a gathering. He looked around at the clusters of cats, wishing he had the time to get to know every single one of them. He kept going, caught up in his excitement and not paying much attention to what was directly in front of him.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" the annoyed voice startled Marshpaw-- he had not noticed that he had walked right into a young she-cat.

"Sorry!" he called after her as she walked away, muttering something under her breath and shooting him a last annoyed look.

--

Nettlepaw walked along with her head held high, feeling determined to represent ThunderClan well at her first gathering. She was curious to hear what news the various clans' leaders would share. Whatever they had to say, she would give them her utmost attention and respect. She saw it as a duty to her clan to be well-informed and well prepared.

It was then that a fluffy white tom walked straight into her, clearly paying little to no attention to anything.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" she glared at him, bristling. She had very little patience for distractedness or foolishness, and she continued on her way, shooting the tom another annoyed glance as she walked off.
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3792

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 6:50 pm

Just as Magpiepaw's poor rattled heart slowly began to calm down, the abrupt sound of nearby pawsteps - much louder than the normal calm pattering that surrounded him - made him jump to attention.  Ears back, he flipped around just in time to meet none other than Thornbriar nose-to-nose, the ShadowClan she-cat's muscular and scarred form towering over his own petite, still kinda scrawny frame.  Her eye pierced into him like an eagle's claws, and it only took one word to send his mind into a state of life-or-death panic.

"You."

Oh no.

"Y-Y-YES...ahem, y-yes, T-Thornbriar?"  His first attempt came out as a terrified squeal, but even after calming his voice the best he could given the circumstances, he still sounded pitifully weak.  The dark, one-eyed tabby queen was Dappleshine's adoptive mother, and though he knew they had a great relationship and that she was an honorable, powerful warrior, he couldn't help the way his knees quivered every time she was within a ten mouse-length radius.  In a way, she was the complete opposite of him...strong, brave, well-respected by her clanmates...she was everything he wanted to be.  So why was he so scared to be around her?  Probably because she possessed the aura of a badger ready to strike at all times...

Carefully, as if backing away from a predator, Magpiepaw took a small step back, placing at least a little bit more room between them; if he needed to bolt, he would very well do so.  Even if ShadowClan was their ally, he wasn't about to just roll over and die.  He wasn't that much of a coward...anymore.  Once his lungs were once again able to function, he quickly wondered what this was about anyway; had he done something to offend her when ShadowClan was staying in their camp?  He couldn't think of anything...  First I run smack into the ThunderClan leader, and now my best friend's mom?  StarClan...have mercy on my soul.

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 879

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2019 8:25 pm

Thornbriar lifted her nose, tail flicking in slight satisfaction at the tom's response. She knew she was intimidating to the average apprentice, but from what she'd seen on the shores this scrawny little whelp had a tendency to jump in terror from his own shadow.

This might be easier than she'd initially thought.

"You've been avoiding Dappleshine. Explain. Now."

Her voice was low, but her words sharp and to the point. She wasn't outright angry at him, but she certainly wasn't happy. If this little rat thought that he could leave her kit in the dust like some sort of crowfood, then he was about to find out that he was very, very wrong.

No one hurt her daughter.

Wasppaw's ears pricked lazily at the sound of approaching pawsteps, and she lifted her head just in time to come nose to nose with a much younger apprentice...

With ridiculous ears.

She stared blandly at him before he began to speak. As he chattered, her expression began to morph from disinterested to very mildly annoyed. "Uh... Thanks I guess. Cool story, my dad is deputy too." She replied, flicking her ear at him and looking away. "And it might be a gathering, but it doesn't really mean that everyone wants to actually be here." At this point her voice wasn't much more than a mumble. She'd much rather be at home, curled up in the soft, tattered dog pelt that was her nest than being pestered by some kit. If it wasn't Dacekit, she wasn't interested...

That is, until she suddenly remembered her first gathering, when most of the surrounding cats ignored her... until she called Tinystar an apprentice and nearly got her head ripped off by that foxhearted Skyclanner. Her gaze slid back to the odd-eared tom and she flicked her tail. There wasn't much point in treating him the same way that she'd been treated. Batpaw and Mothpaw had talked to her back then, even though she was younger than them. It wouldn't hurt to extend that same kindness to him. "I'm Wasppaw... Didn't you come with your mentor or something? Why not spend time with them?"

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Characters : [R]owan
Clan/Rank : [R]T1 Rogue
Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 12:28 am

Mistpaw found a red tom to talk to,  the scent of shadowclan wafting off him(poppyheart). The cat looked quite dreary. "Hello, Shadowclanner. If you don't mind my inquiring- why so sad? After all, there's no use grieving if that's what you're here for. It's a part of life, I'm told." It occurred to him that he wasn't the greatest at cheering cats up, but he tried.

Last edited by Kade on Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lizz

Lizz

Characters : [R]osekit
Clan/Rank : [R] Windclan Kit
Taurus Dog
Number of posts : 248

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 03, 2019 6:13 am

Stormpaw padded into the Gathering space after Skyclan. Despite all the tales and grandeur she had heard about it, the apprentice had never visited the sacred grove before herself. Even as the group wound their way to Fourtrees, she was still wondering what it would look like. A majestic cavern with four shimmering trees protecting them? Or a measly clearing with a couple scraggly oaks? The first one was quickly out of the question- why would Fourtrees be any different from the rest of the forest? She still worried about the latter being true, though. It'll be very disappointing to be left with something so tiny as a holy sanctuary.

But all of that left Stormpaw's mind the second the Skyclan group crossed the ridge. It certainly wasn't the most glorious thing in existence, but it sure was beautiful. Four massive oaks stood at each corner, their trunk gnarled and their branches imposing. Worn paths led down to a massive pale boulder at the center, crowned by gleaming moonlight. There were already some cats there, but the dreamy lighting made them seem nothing more than indistinct figures. While the outside the gray she-cat looked only pleasantly happy, but inside she was awestruck with the incredibility of it all. The apprentice slowly trotted down the grassy slope and mingled with the populace, making sure not to stray too far from anyone she did know.

♫ No flatline! What were you scared about? ♫

Last edited by Leaflizard on Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August Gathering 2019   August Gathering 2019 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

August Gathering 2019
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next