Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1840

A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade Empty
PostSubject: A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade   A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 21:45

Oh StarClan's no. There was no way in the entire forest the words coming through her ears were true. She had hardly received her named and joined Sandblaze and Lightfang in the warrior's den. Her nest was happily nuzzled in a clump with the two of theirs, and she was finally... Finally feeling at home. At peace. Happy. Things felt right, like they were coming together. The anxiety in her heart was starting to be manageable lately, too. But not when she was awoken to this news.

With her tail flicking madly, the red she-cat stormed out of the warrior den to the two cats near the entrance. With her ears pinned back, she came face to face with Lightfang. It had been a few moons since their time in the tree, but StarClan, he was her friend. "What in StarClan's name have you done?"

She spun around and faced the other cat, Maplepaw. While they were not the closest of friends, she cared for the other she-cat, since she was her two friend's sister. "And where in StarClan's name were you? Sandblaze and Lightfang and Firflower have been worried to absolute death! Are you the biggest mousebrain that has ever been sent to SkyClan?" Oh, she had had it with this.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade   A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 23:02

Mistyrain’s terms had been clear from the moment she’d welcomed Maplepaw back into SkyClan. As wonderful as it was to have his family in one piece again, Maplepaw’s residence was far from a sure thing. Lightfang knew Tinystar’s stance on outsiders as well as any SkyClan-raised warrior did. The moment the leader recovered (a moment that was fast approaching, judging by what little Lightfang heard from outside the medicine den), the consequences would fall on Lightfang and Maplepaw both. But for once, Lightfang chose not to think about them. Until that day came, he wanted nothing more than his sister’s company, no matter how many awful jokes he had to put up with.

The sound of stomping alerted him. His ears swiveled toward the approaching cat, and he turned in time to find himself nose-to-nose with Burningsun. ”Burning—“ Startled, Lightfang staggered back. Her new name certainly suited her; hard as he tried, he couldn’t look her in the eye. Not every cat was happy about his bringing Maplepaw back, but Burningsun… He’d thought… Almost as an afterthought, he shifted in front of Maplepaw, putting half of himself between her and his furious denmate. ”She was in StagClan, Burningsun,” he said, ears flat. ”I couldn't—I couldn't just leave.”

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Characters : [R]owan
Clan/Rank : [R]T1 Rogue
Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade   A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade EmptyWed 31 Jul 2019 - 23:35

Maplepaw found her ears pressed back to her head out of instinct at being yelled at. She tried to open her mouth to try and defend herself, but found nothing as her brother did so instead. After a few moments, she managed, "What do you mean, what has he done?" Contrary to her usually loud voice, this was spoken at nearly a whisper. Burningsun wasn't an enemy, but they weren't close. So how could she expect the she-cat to be happy she was back? "Maybe I am, Burningsun." Maplepaw did not yell. She showed no signs of aggression. Her tail was held low, abnormal for such a bold cat. “But they don’t look dead to me. Maybe I shouldn’t have left. And apparently, maybe I shouldn’t have returned.” She spoke slowly, treading cautiously so as to not provoke the warrior further. She hadn’t wanted to know what Tinystar thought about her. If she had any guess, he had been happier before all this drama. “All Lightfang did was convince me to come back to Skyclan. And I’m grateful for him to bring me that insight. I’m sorry, but I can’t see why you’re so mad at him.” As she said it, she came to the realization- Burningsun was so angry that she was back, because she didn’t want her here. She should have stayed in Stagclan… Away from the cats who didn’t need her. Wasn’t that the entire reason she had followed Asterspark that day? Stagclan liked to have her there. Apparently, Skyclan... did not.

Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade   A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 0:14

Burningsun took a second to let the words swirling in the air come sink into her head. Her multi-colored gaze swung from Lightfang to Maplepaw, Lightfang to Maplepaw before she settled on Lightfang. She studied the goldenish warrior, and his soft blue eyes. She studied the scars on his throat and like how a thunderstorm suddenly appears, the clouds of anger dissipated. 'They should shine like a bright light in the darkness, and be your never dying hope. You should never question their love for you, nor their love for their clan. Echoflame's words jumbled around her head, like a faint cry in the distance. She drew in a breath. Through the anger came... worry. She closed the distance between her and Lightfang to murmur just so he could hear.

"What about your future, Lightfang. With SkyClan. What will Tinystar do? You know how he's been lately..." Though Lightfang was just a... friend... He was still a friend she would be devastated to lose. And Sandblaze, of course... Sandblaze. She took a second to press her nose to his cheek, as if to apologize for the earlier outbreak. The moment lasted longer than she intended.

The young warrior took a step back and focused her attention to Maplepaw. The words of comfort was much harder to come by now, for this she-cat. Burningsun did not mean to hurt her, and it felt weird as the after taste of her newly found rage came back up into her mouth like bile. "Maplepaw..." she started before pausing, taking a second to reflect on what she was about to say. She was a warrior now, and every moment, every word would be used as a token against or for her later. "You are desired here, I'm sorry my anger was misplaced. Lightfang wants you, Sandblaze wants you, Firflower wants you, I want you. And isn't that what matters? The ones we love the most? But you messed up Maplepaw. Big time. I don't know if Tinystar will allow you to stay... This is a big issue and I'm worried. That's why I was angry." Was that good enough? Were her words worthy enough to soothe the situation? If only she could talk back time, she would have begged Maplepaw to stay to save Lightfang, and Sandblaze, the pain of losing their sister.

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade   A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 13:54

He had tried to shield Maplepaw physically; in turn, using a voice so uncharacteristically soft and careful that it nearly made Lightfang’s pelt bristle, Maplepaw defended him with her words. Lightfang stepped back, confusion on his face as he turned toward his sister. The time for blind determination had passed. He had only half-listened to her during their fight; he was fully listening now. Bringing her home would never be a mistake, whatever the consequences for him, unless…unless she didn’t want to be back at all. His ears flattened for a different reason, now. ”We all missed you,” he said, his tail flicking Maplepaw’s shoulder. The familiar gesture did not comfort him, nor did it lend confidence to his next words. ”You’re still one of us. You belong here.”

Burningsun’s eyes found him. He had no choice but to meet them now. As his friend looked him over, taking in the marks on his throat, the tiny nick in his ear, the unhidden apprehension in his eyes, he watched the anger flee from her face. Worry and fear, not unlike what had taken up residence in Lightfang’s own heart, swiftly replaced it. And so, when Burningsun laid her nose against his cheek, he didn’t flinch—he leaned in. What had he wanted? To protect Maplepaw (from what danger beyond a rogue’s life?); to make his family whole. ”Maplepaw was in danger, and I thought Tinystar…I thought it would be all right.” Though it was true, the excuse was weak to his own ears. How had he ever convinced himself this would end well? ”I’m sorry,” he said as Burningsun pulled away.

As ever, the ginger warrior was able to say what Lightfang couldn’t. In any other situation, he would have admired her for that. ”I don’t know if Tinystar will allow you to stay.” Lightfang squeezed his eyes shut. Sandblaze and Swallowflight would be crushed. Firflower too; StarClan knew they'd given her too many reasons to worry before. He may have found Maplepaw, but nothing anyone, least of all him, could say would halt Tinystar's paws. He had never been well-spoken. "Is there anything we can do?" Funny that he had the nerve to ask when this was his fault.

Outsider Rogue I                                

Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade   A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 18:30

Maplepaw found a warmth in her heart as she heard the two cats comfort her. But it soon went away with the mention of Tinystar. Truly... They didn't know what was going to happen. "Thanks, guys." She said, and forced a grin.. "I have a burning feeling that things are going to turn out all light." This was a lie. She did not think things were going to turn out all right, because what she did would always hang over her head. The dishonor fell on her family...

Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade   A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade EmptyThu 1 Aug 2019 - 19:55

Burningsun nodded to Maplepaw, flicking her tail in acknowledgement to the joke the young apprentice made. She really had no filter, sometimes. But then again, Burningsun apparently did not either. She took a few heartbeats to evaluate the situation. LIghtfang turned to her, asking her what to do. Of course, she would fix this situation. She was a leader, she knew it. "You ask Tinystar for forgiveness, of course. You lay out a compelling argument as to why you were trying to better the clan. Accept any punishment short of exile, deal with it, and never mess up again." The last comment was met with a look of humor, as the red warrior desperately tried to lighten up the situation.

"But Maplepaw... Why did you run away?" Burningsun turned to face the apprentice, a slight wave of distrust re-emerging.

Ooc; on monile

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade   A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 15:51

He knew his sister wasn’t always aware of the world around her, but surely she had to understand what was at stake. They could lose her—lose her for good, sure as if she’d been killed by those StagClanners, by those dogs in the mountains—and she was making puns. Lightfang stared at her, fear and disbelief mingling in his eyes, blind to anything beyond her grin. Maplepaw.” One word. His voice wobbled. ”Please. This is serious.”

Mouse-brained though his request may have been, Burningsun granted him exactly what he’d been looking for: a plan. He could set his paws and mind to any orders, once given. Lightfang took a deep breath—in, out, slow enough to head off the panic—and shot his denmate a barely-there smile. Once again, Burningsun had found a way to support him. Apologize, explain, accept. Three easy steps. If he could be forgiven for what he’d done to Mosspaw, he could be forgiven for this; he’d never shied away from hard work, and re-earning SkyClan’s trust would take exactly that.

But Maplepaw. She’d given him reasons—reasons that, in Lightfang’s eyes, were lacking. Nothing could justify her decision to seek out the very band of rogues that had driven out ShadowClan. Chances were, Tinystar would think the same. However, he did want to hear what she told Burningsun, and so he turned toward Maplepaw as well, composure recovered, tail swaying back and forth as he waited for her answer.

Outsider Rogue I                                

Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade   A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 20:54

Maplepaw hadn't wanted the question to come. "But Maplepaw... Why did you run away?" It would be so hard to explain. So hard to explain anything. They didn't like puns. They wouldn't understand. She opened her mouth to come up with something, then closed it again. She hadn't known that they were rogues until she was already there, and she was too scared to back out of it until Lightfang had dragged her out. And honestly, not even then did she know. She just assumed they were a Clan with fun cats and puns and no restrictions. "I um. Got lost." She cleared her throat. "I got lost and I made a friend who actually likes puns. I didn't know they were outside the Code until a little bit before you showed up. Sorry. By the way. Lightfang." close enough. She hoped they understood at least some part of it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade   A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade Empty

Back to top Go down

A Burning Rage [closed] - Rhindon and Jade
Page 1 of 1