Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Hunting Boys [CLOSED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Hunting Boys [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 5:08 pm

Another day, another patrol. With Shadowclan gone, the work had returned to their usual state and prey needed to be hunted. However, this time, the patrol was smaller than usual. The tom looked behind his shoulder at the young warrior behind him. They never really interacted when he was an apprentice due to his time isolated from the clan and all he really knew was that he was the leader's former apprentice. Well, if he is Jaystar's apprentice, he must know how to hunt, right? He thought to himself while walking through Riverclan's territory.

After some time walking, the sound of the river was clearly heard by both toms, announcing the start of the hunting patrol. Berrycloud turned his body to Addershade and offered him a friendly smile. "I will go to the river and see if I'm lucky with the fish. You can join me if you wish." He purred. Inside, he kind of hoped the tom would accept his offer. A silent, hunting patrol with no communication was boring and awkward for an extroverted warrior like Berrycloud.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Hunting Boys [CLOSED] Signat14
Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 721

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Addershade had liked the moment of connection and inclusion he'd felt at his warrior ceremony. Since then he'd decided he wanted to at least try being a little more gregarious and less reserved with his clanmates, and trying to be more interactive on patrols like this was part of that effort. So far, though, he hadn't done too well, continuing to navigate conversations with his typical softly polite-- but obviously awkward-- mannerisms. And he couldn't honestly say he really...enjoyed trying to be outgoing-- he still felt helplessly nervous at best and suspicious at worst about those around him. But still, he was trying his best, and that was the most anyone could hope for...right?  

"Sure," Addershade replied with a friendly tone. He shut down that initial instinct to get distance and avoid small talk."I'd be happy to join you at the river," He paused, not sure if he was supposed to add anything. He was not yet adept at small talk, and even worse at starting it-- so he decided he'd just focus on hunting, and wait and see if Berrycloud had anything to say instead of trying to start a line of conversation himself.

Approaching the river, Addershade stared down and watched for a fish to approach. As the dark shape of one drifted near him, he quickly darted his paw downward to intercept it. He felt his claws make contact with the fish and he scooped up onto the bank.

Addershade used 3 SP to try and catch a fish. Catch was successful!

Addershade:
SP: 117/120 (-3)

Last edited by Ceryn on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15014

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyMon Jul 29, 2019 7:36 pm

The member 'Ceryn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

Hunting Boys [CLOSED] Mistpe10
Hunting Boys [CLOSED] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 11:32 am

The golden tom's tail flicked happily when the other warrior said yes. Berrycloud walked with Addershade to the river and made himself comfortable a few paws away from him so both toms could have enough space to hunt freely. The large tom crouched a bit while entering the water and waited there for any lurking shadow that could approach him. However, before his chance could arrive, Addershade did his first catch of the day. The green-eyed feline smiled at him and then looked down quickly at the surface so he could do that same and congratulate the other warrior properly. So, when the water-shadow passed by close to him, the experienced warrior stretched his legs in a small leap and trapped the slippery animal with his claws. Before the fish could escape, Berrycloud sunk his muzzle and grabbed the prey with his fangs until stopped trashing. He tossed the fresh-kill to the bank and returned his sight to the brown-furred tom. "Not bad! That was quite a catch but it shouldn't be a surprise coming from the leader's apprentice! Tell me, how was it? You know, training under Jaystar. Was he too strict on you?" There was no jealousy behind Berrrycloud's voice. Jaystar was like a father to him and he admired him a lot. Knowing his former apprentice better was a good way to feel close to him as well. And it also meant Addershade and he had something in common: being raised by the same tom but in different ways.

Berrycloud used 3 SP to try and catch a fish. The catch was successful!

Berrycloud
237/240 SP

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 11:32 am

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 8:03 pm

"No, he wasn't too strict at all," the rust-dark tom responded, trying to keep an energy in his tone, instead of going quiet like he used to. "I'm very grateful to have had him as my mentor. I...I'm someone who can have a tendency to...back away from things that seem daunting..." Exposing any kind of weakness was still far outside of Addershade's comfort zone, and his voice danced awkwardly through the words. "And I think had I been paired with a mentor who had the wrong sort of temperament, I might not have done so well. So I'm very happy with how it all turned out. Oh! And your catch was quite good too," He smiled, and nodded towards the other tom's catch. Right then, he noticed another shape moving through the river in the corner of his eye. "Speaking of catching,"

Shifting a little, Addershade dove for the second fish, snatching it quickly and pulling it up to the bank.

Addershade used 3 SP to try to catch a fish. Catch was successful!

Addershade:
SP: 114/120 (-3)

Last edited by Ceryn on Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 8:03 pm

'Hunting Dice' : 2

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 11:17 pm

The large, golden tom lifted his tail interested by Addershade's words. He could tell by now that he was a shy one but that did not bother the extroverted warrior. "We might be different in that aspect but I understand what you mean. My little brother, Magpiepaw is like you but I know he can be brave when needed! He might not be adventurous and bold like me but I like the way he is." He mewed, getting a little carried away by his thoughts but truly enjoying the small chat. Sure, they were pretty different from each other but they were still clanmates and both were looking after the well-being of the clan.

He looked down at the river but when he noticed a movement on the side, the yellow tom had an idea. He looked at Addershade from the corner of his eyes and smirked a little. "I know you're a warrior now, Addershade, but if appreciate the advice of an older warrior then allow me to try and help. Sometimes, daunting things, dangerous things are scary and unknown. But on the other hand, a little challenge is not bad. You could be surprised at what you can find..." Not waiting for an answer, Berrycloud suddenly dashed away from the brown-furred feline, disappearing into a bunch of reeds. When he came back, a plump blackbird was within his jaws and he dropped next to the other fishes.

Berrycloud attempted to hunt a bird. The catch was: successful!

Berrycloud
234/240 SP

Last edited by Jay Bird on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyTue Jul 30, 2019 11:17 pm

OOC: I forgot the dice ;;

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 3:11 pm

As Addershade watched Berrycloud disappear into the reeds, he thought about what the warrior had just said. It’s not that he minded...a challenge, per se...and it wasn’t that he was scared of any...specific unknown...it’s just that, well, he felt...that in a way, everything and everyone were unknowns...and it’s not that the unknown was inherently bad, but...it always could be, and was...quite likely to be, considering the multitude of dangers out there, and considering the instincts that he believed ruled all cats in the end…

...but, no-- that was the way of thinking he was trying to leave behind...right? You can rely on others. You can rely on others. There are not so many unknowns. And Berrycloud had a point; there were good things to be found out there, too, right…? Right…

When the golden tom emerged from the reeds with the bird in tow, Addershade smiled at him good naturedly, and motioned towards the bird with his head.

“Yes, you’re right. Even if my first inclination is not towards risk...sometimes something a little riskier...a purposeful venture into the unknown...can pay off,” the dark pelted tom said, trying to believe his words.

He looked over at the reeds, deciding to try and follow Berrycloud’s example and go a little out of his comfort zone. Spotting a water shrew, he made his way toward the small animal and sprang for it, missing by just a hair. Addershade flicked his tail in disappointment, and then re-emerged through the reeds.

"Though...sometimes it doesn't, clearly," the tom was a little embarrassed about his failure and guilty that he'd cost them a piece of prey, but tried his best to cover these emotions by interjecting his voice with an air of humor. "Still...it is always good to try. Thank you for your advice,"

Addershade used 3 SP to try and catch a shrew. Catch was unsuccessful.

Addershade:
SP: 111/120 (-3)

Last edited by Ceryn on Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyWed Jul 31, 2019 3:11 pm

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] EmptyThu Aug 01, 2019 3:03 pm

The warrior listened to Addershade and watched him go after some water shrew. But the small animal was just a little bit faster and the brown-furred cat missed it. However, he could not deny it was a good attempt and the worst it could happen was to lose hope. Berrycloud walked to him and playfully nudged him with his shoulder. "Come on! Don't feel bad! It was your first attempt at something different. Of course, you can stumble and fall but who cares? The only thing that matter is like you said: at least you tried something new. You may lose, you may win. We never know and, on the other paw..." Berrycloud looked back at the pile of fresh-kill they had gathered together and smiled. "It is not like we have not caught anything. I'm sure the clan will be happy with four, big pieces of prey. And since you're such a good fisher, even if you fail one land prey, you can always hunt more fishes in exchange, right?" He mewed cheerfully.

With a little bounce, the experienced warrior reached the prey they caught and grabbed two of the fishes with his jaws. "We shaould gou back to the caomp. This meat won't be eaten aulone, rieght?" He mewed in a funny way due to the weight he carried on his mouth, which almost made him chuckle.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Boys [CLOSED]   Hunting Boys [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hunting Boys [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-