Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kade

Kade

Characters : [R]owan
Clan/Rank : [R]T1 Rogue
Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 466

You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 0:30

Maplepaw had been in Stagclan for over a quarter moon now - she still wasn't used to the pure freedom that came with it. She didn't want to patrol the Skyclan border. But she supposed it had to be done sometime. She just didn't suppose she'd find someone she knew, crossing the border. Lightpaw. Her brother, her friend...

Her enemy.

She stared at him, hesitating to make the first attack. The warriors nearby would not be merciful as she. And, she realized. With no warrior code holding them back, they'd kill Lightpaw without blinking an eye nor retribution. She took a few steps forward, unsheathing her claws silently.

rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 1:04

News of what had gone on during the Gathering had eventually reached Lightfang’s ears. Now, after what felt like moons of searching, his hope for Maplepaw’s survival was running dry, and so he finally paid attention to what had befallen ShadowClan. After all, when he felt useless, he had only one thing to lean on: his duty to SkyClan. With the marsh-dwellers forced to lands unknown, StagClan had taken over their territory, marking nearly the same borders as the cats they’d overthrown. In turn, Lightfang had patrolled Highpine more frequently than ever. By the number of SkyClan warriors he passed, he wasn’t the only one being cautious.

Today, he was alone, until he spotted a familiar red tabby pelt that stopped him in his tracks. There were things a cat was meant to say at times like this—Do you have business with SkyClan? What did you do to Scorchstar? To ShadowClan?—but none of them came out. All the warrior could do was stare.

Last time he’d stepped across a border, the consequences had been grievous. Still, Lightfang’s legs moved on their own, putting him just over the scent line. This, in his mind, was not an infringement of the code; StagClan was as much a Clan as the next cluster of rogues. None of it mattered anyway. His sister was alive. Soon, she would be home. Maybe this was what part of what Mumblefoot had meant. ”Maplepaw,” he meowed, voice so soft it couldn't even have startled a mouse as he padded toward her. That her claws were unsheathed barely registered over the relief surging through him; that she smelled more of mud than SkyClan went similarly unnoticed. "Is that you? Where have you been?"

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Last edited by rhindon on Tue 23 Jul 2019 - 13:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 13:01

Maplepaw glanced at the bushes and found a pair of watching eyes staring back from the shadows. She couldn't just let him go now. She walked towards him and sighed. "I've missed you guys..." She readied her pounce. "But I'm free now. I'm a part of Stagclan." She pounced on top of him and though she kept the wounds shallow, she still drew a little blood.

Maplepaw used L Leap and Hold dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina, pinning Lightpaw for 2 turns!

ooc: mobile ;v;

Last edited by Jade on Sun 21 Jul 2019 - 14:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14832

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 13:01

The member 'Jade' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] Mistpe10
You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
rhindon

rhindon

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 4:26

Rendered voiceless by confusion and disbelief, Lightfang glanced downward to catch a flash of claws as Maplepaw pounced, pinning him down. She had always been the smallest of them, and he was just a bit more experienced. It would have been so easy to throw her off. But as blood leaked from the tiny punctures in his skin, he didn’t fight. He had found her, alive; he couldn't hurt her. Not now. Mumblefoot’s words echoed in his head in a voice that sounded less and less like the tailless StarClanner. ”Remember who you’re fighting for.”

He had never been a persuasive cat, but, surely, if he just…if he just found the right words… ”Free from what?” A tremor undercut the authority in the pale tabby's tone. ”You belong in SkyClan, with us. Not with a bunch of rogues.” Another question hovered on the tip of his tongue: If you missed us so much, why are you here?

Lightfang is pinned for 1 more turn.

Lightfang
34/40 HP
120/120 SP

Maplepaw
20/20 HP
70/80 SP

Outsider Rogue I                                

Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 13:01

Maplepaw did not let up. "I..." She kept fighting, trying to get him to understand he needed to leave. "I don't like the restraint of the Code. If everyone abandoned it, I can have friends without being viciously attacked." Her voice was bitter as she recalled the encounter. "You know how Tinystar feels about cats leaving, Lightpaw. I couldn't come back even if..." She paused. "...I wanted to." Maybe she did want to. She didn't even know anymore. But she sure didn't want to fight her brother.

Maplepaw continued to use Leap and Hold, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina!

Lightfang
28/40 HP
120/120 SP

Maplepaw
20/20 HP
60/80 SP

rhindon

rhindon

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 17:32

By her words and the change in her voice, Lightfang realized he must have missed something. He’d been so wrapped up in his training, making sure he was good enough for Mistyrain, SkyClan, his family, that the rest of the world had fallen by the wayside. Suddenly, it was harder to refute her. ”If everyone abandoned it, we wouldn’t have Clans at all. We couldn't survive.” He had never known a life without the code; it had held strong even in the mountains, and was stronger still with real borders, real rules to enforce. "I don't see how siding with rogues will help," he said, too quiet to be properly scolding. "You could have found friends in SkyClan. At the least, you would have had us." In a way, she still had him. A proper warrior would have chased her off the moment she entered his line of sight.

Maplepaw was being logical, and Lightfang—Lightfang didn’t want to hear it. ”I could talk to him. I could…” The desperate sentence died in his throat as, for the first time, he really, truly listened. If you wanted to?” Not a single pun. She was serious. Finally, with a mighty shake, he flung Maplepaw off. The small holes in his back bled freely as he stepped back, now firmly on SkyClan's side of the border. He had put some distance between them, but his lashing tail would dispel any assumptions of retreat. "Is it really that much better…?"

Lightfang is no longer pinned.

Lightfang
28/40 HP
120/120 SP

Maplepaw
20/20 HP
60/80 SP

Outsider Rogue I                                

Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptyMon 22 Jul 2019 - 18:37

Maplepaw didn't want to fight her brother. But if she didn't, someone else would. So she swiped at his ear, making a nick. "And yet somehow, they manage to do so!" She also took a step back and hissed quietly, "Why can't you fight back? Don't you understand... No. Maybe it's not. But are you sure he'd listen to you though...?" Would he? "It's not exactly a light topic to bring up in conversation. And I may-pull your tail sometimes but there's kinda a reason I didn't tell Tinystar."

Maplepaw used Front Paw Strike, dealing 6 damage and using 10 stamina!

Lightfang
22/40 HP
120/120 SP

Maplepaw
20/20 HP
50/80 SP

rhindon

rhindon

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 14:39

A paw shot out, claws carving a small chunk out of his left ear. Lightfang reeled, shaking off the pain. Maplepaw was right, he didn’t understand. SkyClan had always been enough for him; were it not for Mosspaw’s intervention, he could have gone his entire life without caring for the rest of the forest at all. What he did understand was simple. There were a thousand reasons he needed to retaliate and one reason he couldn't. Lightfang stepped forward and brought a forepaw, claws sheathed, down on Maplepaw’s head. A bracing blow, but not strong enough to draw blood. ”You’re my sister. I'm not fighting you."

At the pun, he didn’t even crack a smile. Maplepaw’s jokes had stopped being comforting since she’d made one after going toe-to-toe with a dog. ”I’m not sure.” Honestly, he wasn’t sure he could face the leader with such a bold request. He hadn’t even been able to ask Tinystar to give Maplepaw her full name. For such a small cat, Tinystar could be stubborn as rock when he wanted to be, and Lightfang had never been suited to rebellion; any cat chosen by StarClan, whatever the position, wasn't meant to be defied. ”We searched the whole territory for you," he said quietly. "He might just be glad you’re alive.” It was a hopelessly optimistic thought. Deep down, he knew as much, though the part of him that held tight to Mumblefoot's words insisted otherwise.

Lightfang used Front Paw Blow, dealing 6 damage and using 5 stamina.

Lightfang
22/40 HP
115/120 SP (-5)

Maplepaw
14/20 HP (-6)
50/80 SP

Outsider Rogue I                                

Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Kade

Kade

Gemini Rooster

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptyTue 23 Jul 2019 - 15:57

Maplepaw wanted to attack him again. But she found that her paws couldn't move. She couldn't fight her brother. He was so obviously devastated. "Maybe... I mean, I can try... Maybe he will. Alright, I'll come home."

rhindon

rhindon

Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] EmptyWed 24 Jul 2019 - 16:37

Maplepaw did not raise her claws again. She was clearly uncertain—StarClan knew Lightfang had his own concerns, hard as his heart was trying to muffle them—but…somehow, he had broken through. His brothers would be so happy to see her alive. Firflower wouldn’t have to worry anymore. The apprentice den would be just a bit fuller, and Maplepaw would be able to earn her warrior name as she should.

Lightfang’s head fell against Maplepaw’s shoulder. He remained there only briefly, but it felt like a moon. Part of him was churning out arguments, planning explanations, listing every terrible way this could end (none so terrible, of course; Tinystar was a leader, SkyClan’s leader at that, surely he would understand; surely Sandblaze and Swallowpaw would stand up for Maplepaw, too). The rest didn’t want to think about anything beyond this, beyond the faces of his family when he brought Maplepaw home. Composing himself, he backed away. A shaky smile remained on his face.

Maybe he will. Lightfang could only hope.

Outsider Rogue I                                

Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Last edited by rhindon on Fri 26 Jul 2019 - 2:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rhindon dabbles in paradoxes)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]   You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

You Were My Brother, I Loved You[CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highpine-
Jump to: