Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 7:20 pm

The scars on his back had recovered yet the pain inside his chest was still lurking in his chest, along with troubled thoughts of the future and their Thunderclan guest. So many things had happened recently and the tom seemed to be... overwhelmed by all of them. However, despite all that, he managed to train a new apprentice... a young tom who succeeded in almost every aspect and was now ready to become a full-grown warrior. Sure, Adderpaw had insecurities like him in the past when he was known as Jaypaw... but he could still grow up to be a formidable Riverclan cat. There was so much to learn even after apprentice-hood. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather beneath the willow branch for a clan meeting!" He yowled, from the top of the willow branch.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony Signat14
Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 721

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 8:08 pm

Adderpaw sat in his usual place towards the edge of camp, simply watching and thinking. A lot had been happening recently, so he had plenty of material to think about, or perhaps more accurately, worry about. And the bitterness that seeing his mother again had brought still lingered a little among his thoughts. He looked around camp; right now, it mostly seemed quiet, but he couldn't allow himself to think about it that way. Even in the quiet, noise could happen at any moment. He had to be alert at all times, ready.

His thoughts, along with the relative quiet, were interrupted as he heard Jaystar call a clan meeting. He stood up and moved closer, curious as to what the meeting was about. His first assumption, as with most things, was that it must be bad news, though he certainly hoped it wasn't. The thought that it might be his warrior ceremony only barely crosses his mind. He looked up at Jaystar, waiting to hear the announcement.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Lifting his chin up once a good bunch of warriors have gathered around the branch, the leader opened his mouth. "Life, has not been easy in the clan since the loss of our medicine cat... and one of our apprentices. Despite the tragedies, I'm glad to announce that today, I come with good news, for I have confirmed that one of our apprentices is ready to undertake the path of the warriors." The large, silver tom fixed his green eyes on Adderpaw and a small, gentle smile showed up on his tired face. "Adderpaw, my apprentice, if you believe this to be true, please step forward now for your ceremony to begin."

Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Adderpaw relaxed a little as Jaystar spoke the words good news. His heart started beating quickly again, however, as Jaystar mentioned that it was time for someone to become a warrior, and even faster still when Jaystar said his name. For once, though, what he was feeling wasn't anxiety, but excitement. Despite everything, he really was excited to receive his warrior name. The idea made him feel something he rarely felt; that things were going right. He stepped forward and nodded at his mentor.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 10:04 pm

For a few seconds, the tom could see a new shine in the yellow eyes of the usually anxious apprentice and... as his mentor... he felt happy for him. Holding himself from congratulating him already, the tom cleared his throat and continued the ceremony with the usual speech he had to say to all apprentice before they could become warriors. "I, Jaystar, leader of Riverclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend him to you as a warrior in his turn, Adderpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" His tone was serious but confident because Jaystar was certain of the tom's answer to this important question.

Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 12:01 pm

"I do," Adderpaw responded.

At the cost of your life: the words echoed a little in his head. He knew it was just a standard part of the warrior ceremony, but he still didn't like thinking about them; his own mortality was already one of the preeminent worries that swirled around his mind, and the last thing he needed was more reminders of it. But still, in that moment, he truly meant the oath. He hoped he'd mean it if it were put to the test, too. He desperately wanted to mean it, to have no doubts. But he didn't want to dwell on it now, lest his worries begin to show on his face. He let the thoughts go and focused back on his genuine excitement and pride for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 3:33 pm

That yes was all that he needed. With a delighted purr, the tom raised his tail up and for a second, he looked down at the apprentice. Looking at his fur and at the large shadow that was formed behind him, the perfect suffix came to his mind though it was also... the name of a cat that made Riverclan suffer. The leader shook those thoughts away. A name couldn't define a cat and if he kept insisting on not using that word, all he was doing was to show fear to a murderer that was dead from a long time ago. If he wanted his clan to move on, he would have to do it himself. Jaystar smiled and nodded at the apprentice before speaking again. "Then, by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. From this day forth, you will be known to all as Addershade. Riverclan and I honour your observant attitude and hard work." After the official naming, many cats called the new name of the new warrior. The ceremony was finished but there was still something to be added.

The tall leader leapt off the willow branch and walked towards Addershade. Gently, he placed the tip of his nose on his forehead, as a symbol of the end of their mentor-apprentice relationship. "I'm... proud of you. There's a long path ahead of you but remember... from now on, you're not alone. You have a clan in which you belong... and as your former mentor and friend, I will be there if you need help. One day, you will be one of the best warriors this clan has ever seen."

Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 6:17 pm

Addershade

The new warrior smiled at the sound of his new name. He liked it.

After Jaystar hopped off the willow branch, Addershade he looked at his mentor and leader for a moment, considering his words. He still was not comfortable with the idea of trusting and relying on another cat, a fact he continued to feel guilty about, but could not shake off. But he wanted...he wanted to have that trust, to have the comfort of not feeling alone with his clan. Looking at the cats around him, he thought for the first time that maybe...maybe he could find it.

"Thank you. Thank you, Jaystar. I will try my best to live up to those words. I promise,"

And Addershade, was, for a moment, free of worry. Content.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony   Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Adderpaw's Warrior Ceremony
Page 1 of 1