Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Where Did She Go? [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2496

Where Did She Go? [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Where Did She Go? [closed]   Where Did She Go? [closed] EmptyThu 11 Jul 2019 - 12:48

"Maplepaw?" Sandpaw called desperately into the forest beneath him. He had taken the high ground, hoping to spot a russet pelt on the slate rocks below. "Maplepaw! What do you call an apprentice that gets stung by an insect? A TAB-BEE! Get it?"

No response. The tom let out a groan and shook his head. They were never going to find their sister at this rate, even with both Lightpaw and Swallowpaw in tow. Lightpaw took the low ground, searching in nooks and crannies across the territory in case she was hiding from the elements within. He and Sandpaw both received less-than-attractive battle scars in an altercation with ThunderClan that was more or less Sandpaw's fault, though he wasn't prepared to admit it whatsoever. A lengthy scar that had not quite finished healing stretched across his cream tabby shoulders and hurt when he climbed branches.

The brothers had split from the rest of the search party on the premise that they were to stick together and retreat if they found themselves in trouble, which was very likely given their clashing personalities. The worst strain on their spirits, however, was when they realized this search party may end with a body.

Sandpaw wasn't ready to think about it. He descended from the treetops to meet with Swallowpaw and Lightpaw. "Look, if she was still in the territory, she would have just come home. I don't understand why we don't just go through ThunderClan's territory and search there!"

Where Did She Go? [closed] TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: Where Did She Go? [closed]   Where Did She Go? [closed] EmptySat 13 Jul 2019 - 1:49

Since they had separated from the search party, Lightpaw had been more or less silent, save for volunteering to stay at ground level before one of his brothers could urge him into the trees. He wasn’t an observant cat by nature, so he was careful to peek over, under, and around every boulder and overturn even the smallest leaves. If it had been for any other reason, Lightpaw might have enjoyed the monotony of it, but there was no room for monotony when Maplepaw’s life was at stake.

If anyone else had been missing, that might have been an unreasonable conclusion. This, however, was Maplepaw. Maplepaw, who’d tried to fight a dog as a kit; who only a moon ago had eaten questionable berries—under a medicine cat’s watch!—and gotten horrifically sick from them. Lightpaw had accepted that danger and his sister were as firmly linked as his whiskers to his face, and that at least a quarter of his energy would be devoted to making sure she survived to warriorhood. She was lucky, but reckless. One day, her luck would run out…if it hadn’t already.

The Gathering was a time of peace. To Lightpaw’s knowledge, SkyClan hadn’t done anything to step on anyone’s tails. There was no reason for anyone to attack Maplepaw—but what reason did she have to leave? SkyClan was family. SkyClan was safe. Therefore, someone must have taken her, and that meant her odds were far worse than they would have been if she’d simply gotten lost. Not for the first time, the pale tabby stifled a hiss. If he’d been there— He wasn’t a warrior, but he could have done something.

By the time Sandpaw reappeared, Lightpaw’s nerves were thoroughly frayed. His voice, as quiet as ever, had gone tight. ”Do you want another border skirmish?” Reminding himself of the search party’s last words before they’d split off, he took a measured breath that wasn’t nearly deep enough to calm him. ”We need to stay out of trouble.”

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Last edited by rhindon on Sat 27 Jul 2019 - 1:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 742

PostSubject: Re: Where Did She Go? [closed]   Where Did She Go? [closed] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2019 - 11:36

Swallowpaw hadn't gotten much sleep that night, or the night before, so his movements through the trees were extremely more sluggish and disorganized than he was used to. Ever since Maplepaw failed to return with him the night of the Gathering, he had been on edge. He put off telling his brothers at first, in hopes that she would return on her own, but that clearly wasn't the case. Now, here they were, searching high and low for their missing sister. Guilt clawed at the cream tabby's chest, but he refused to mention anything of it. "They'll hate me forever if I tell them that I let her wander on her own..it's for the best if I just keep it in me," he told himself this, time and time again when things got rough and the brothers' hopes dwindled. Swallowpaw tried his best to keep himself together for his littermates, but he found it harder and harder to...to pretend to be strong each day. Sooner or later, they'd find her; but the longer they waited, the chances of her being found dead increased. He couldn't bear to think of discovering the crumpled corpse of their little sister, once so full of happiness and life...Blinded by tears, he failed to catch himself in time and crashed into the bushes below. Luckily, they broke his fall, but the impact still hurt. "Stupid sadness," he hissed, crawling out of the bush and licking his flank free of debris. 

His brothers didn't notice his fall, which thankfully saved him from the embarrassment. They were too focused on each other to notice him, yet. He listened quietly to their conversation before dropping his own comment, "Sandpaw, in case you haven't forgotten, the last time we were over the border you two got stuck with those nasty wounds." He gestured to their injuries, which were still healing and would probably leave scars. Luckily, he managed to escape relatively unscathed, besides his hurt pride, of course. "Just because we blindly followed you into battle doesn't mean we will do it again. If you want to go get your hindquarters kicked, be my guest! I won't the one saving your mousebrained tail, again." He scowled on the last word, and brushed past his brothers to continue searching. "We are wasting precious time standing around like this. Will you two sit there and argue, or will you come help me find our sister?"

Where Did She Go? [closed] Tenor Where Did She Go? [closed] Original Where Did She Go? [closed] 2ea9ee7a2f752d4ca128ceca83302ddbacf0ca70r1-268-268_00

☾ sparrowpaw of thunderclan (#cc9966) 
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2496

PostSubject: Re: Where Did She Go? [closed]   Where Did She Go? [closed] EmptyWed 17 Jul 2019 - 22:51

"Saving my tail?" he laughed heartily, venom spitting from his maw. Sandpaw jogged forward and faced Swallowpaw head-on, their noses a whisker apart. "No offence, but you're not exactly the saving type, either. How come our poor brother got torn to shreds by a huge, deformed warrior because of an honest mistake and you don't have a scratch on you? Huh? Pretty early retreat, don't you think? Or was that she-cat just so in love with you that she had to let you go?" Sandpaw grunted furiously and leaped back up into the trees.

"Whatever, you flea-heads! I'm sorry I had a good idea!" Frustration mounted with the ever apparent threat of their sister coming back as a shabby pelt. The blue-eyed tom blinked back the tears in his eyes. Stupid battle. Stupid Swallowpaw. Why did I do that?

Where Did She Go? [closed] TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [E]mberleap ♂ | [F]lywhisker ⚧ | [A]thena ♀
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 1681

PostSubject: Re: Where Did She Go? [closed]   Where Did She Go? [closed] EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 3:02

When Swallowpaw joined them, he pulled no punches. Lightpaw winced at the reminder of the border scuffle, slightly ducking his head. Of course, there was no point in trying to cover his injuries; even if his brothers didn’t know exactly what had happened, the scratches were still too obvious to hide. By the time he looked up, his brothers were nose-to-nose, spitting anger. Alarm clear on his face, the tabby scrambled back. They'd never fought like this... Then again, they'd never managed to lose track of Maplepaw so completely before.

An honest mistake. ”That wasn’t anyone’s fault,” he said, to no reaction whatsoever. The argument had already passed him by. Soon, Sandpaw was scrambling up the nearest trunk, leaving Lightpaw to yowl after him. ”Getting into another fight isn’t—Sandpaw!” As long as Sandpaw was in the trees, there was nothing Lightpaw could do to stop him—whether he chose to trespass or something else entirely.

”Okay.” Another breath. No matter how tempting the idea of giving in to his frustration was, one of them had to be logical about this. One of them… Stars, they really should have stayed with the main group. Lightpaw squeezed his eyes shut, then picked up his pace to match Swallowpaw’s. He kept his voice even; still, his lashing tail gave away his agitation. ”Swallowpaw. You were at the Gathering. When did you see her last?” If Maplepaw was actually lost, she could have traveled a considerable distance since the Gathering, but Lightpaw needed somewhere to start. Hopefully it wouldn't be ThunderClan.

Outsider Rogue I                                

disadvantaged stats active                                          
Flywhisker [40/100]
RiverClan Warrior II

Emberleap [70/160]
                               ShadowClan Warrior V

Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Libra Monkey
Number of posts : 742

PostSubject: Re: Where Did She Go? [closed]   Where Did She Go? [closed] EmptySat 27 Jul 2019 - 1:09

Swallowpaw remained silent as his slightly older brother snarled at him, their faces mere whiskers apart. As badly as he wanted to snap his own remark, he held his anger in. Screaming at each other wouldn't find Maplepaw. Besides, Sandpaw was probably just as frustrated as he was; the cream tom simply expressed it differently than he and Lightpaw did. Sandpaw did have the tendency to react much more harshly. Perhaps he needed a minute to himself. Swallowpaw resisted the urge to clamber up a trunk after his littermate, and remained rooted to the forest floor. A sigh escaped his maw as he twitched his whiskers, agitation swirling within his copper depths. He watched silently as his brother disappeared into the branches, the tree's canopy rustling as he did so. "Just..don't get lost or hurt, okay?" he yowled after him, tail flicking. His gaze lingered on the leaves for a moment longer, but he quickly turned away and trotted in the opposite direction. Sandpaw could handle himself, even if he was an emotional train wreck sometimes. They all had been, ever since Maplepaw disappeared. Where could the flame tabby have gone? Why would she leave home? Why would she leave..them?

He momentarily pushed the thoughts back when Lightpaw spoke up; he had been so lost in thought that he didn't notice him coming. "What? Oh yeah, the gathering.." his voice trailed off as guilt's claws gripped at him once more. It was a reminder of what he had done. He let their sister get lost. He let whatever bad thing happened to her happen. It was all his fault. Tears stung his eyes but he held them back. "You have to be strong, remember? For them," he prompted himself. He took a deep breath in an attempt to call himself down. His heart thumped in his chest so hard he could feel it. "Be strong, Swallowpaw. Be strong." "I..." he began softly, voice shaking, "we walked in together. As it started, she began to separate. I tried going after her but there were so many cats it..it was pointless. After searching for a while I assumed she would rejoin Skyclan at the end and come back with me. B-but...but she didn't." His ears fell and his tail drooped with shame. This was all his fault. If anything had happened to Maplepaw...he would be the one responsible. He would be punished. And quite frankly, he deserved it.

Where Did She Go? [closed] Tenor Where Did She Go? [closed] Original Where Did She Go? [closed] 2ea9ee7a2f752d4ca128ceca83302ddbacf0ca70r1-268-268_00

☾ sparrowpaw of thunderclan (#cc9966) 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Did She Go? [closed]   Where Did She Go? [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Where Did She Go? [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory-
Jump to: