Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC]

Go down 

Do you think we should implement this idea?
Yes, I support the suggestion with one extra slot.
Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] Vote_lcap52%Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] Vote_rcap
 52% [ 14 ]
Yes, I support the suggestion with two extra slots (please tell us why below)
Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] Vote_lcap33%Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] Vote_rcap
 33% [ 9 ]
I would accept the suggestion with different conditions (comment).
Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] Vote_lcap7%Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
I don't support the suggestion.
Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] Vote_lcap7%Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] Vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] Empty
PostAdding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC]

Hello people, it's me! I and Suma have been working since we started our adminship to improve the site, trying to listen to everyone's concerns and suggestions! Today, we want to ask you what do you think about an extra character slot which rewards active people who commit themselves with the roleplay in the site (the main idea was suggested here by our former admin, Pika).

In summary, this benefit will be given to those roleplayers who have Tier 5 warriors and prove it via the "Ranks Threads" of each clan. This special slot can only be used by kits and apprentices, however, you can't make this fourth character a warrior until you've killed one of your main three characters. This is a way to promote growth in the site, to find a middle ground between those who were in favour of the reduction to the three slots characters and those who were against it and, also, to avoid placeholders characters (since we are only giving this benefit to people who manage to make to Tier 5 warriors). The conditions for this new change are:

• Have a Tier 5 Warrior and be able to prove it.
  • Having a leader, deputy or MC does not give you this extra slot.
  • However, if you manage to have a Tier 4 MC, you may earn this new character.
  • This fourth character can a kit, an apprentice or a rogue/outsider.
  • You may only make this character a warrior if you get rid of one of your three main characters (it doesn't need to be the Tier 5 warrior).
  • In case your fourth character is a rogue, you can't rank them up and if they wish to join a clan, they MUST start as apprentices.

On the other hand, we're still debating on allowing one of these special slots or two. Pros and cons of this would be:

• Pros:
    -More characters per roleplayer
    -An extra reward for even more active people who can make it to Tier 5 warrior twice
    -Having a max of five characters
  • Cons:
    -There's a high chance of having more placeholders characters as we have seen in the past with a max of 5 characters
    -We may have the same troubles with clans who have a lot of characters and others who have too little.
    -Placeholders warriors may mean more inactive mentors.
    -Too many apprentices vs not so many warriors.

If you're interested in sharing more pros and cons, please post here and tell us what you think! We are looking for more thoughts on the matter, especially if you support a max of two of these special slots.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] Signat14

Last edited by Jay Bird on Sat 13 Jul 2019 - 10:34; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC] :: Comments

People who are inactive are usually just inactive. Active members seldom hold slots just cause and mostly use them. If people have to work to get it, this proves they are active. Most people do not just rank for the fun of it (most, I know some do). This would give an extra incentive for ranking your characters. Also more people could make kits for other's litters instead of them just dying out. It increases chances of people making kits for other litters instead of just being their own kit.

I support 100%
I support the two slots wholeheartedly. I plan to advance my characters as far as possible, just between enjoying watching my characters develop and advance it would be nice to be rewarded for that. Additonally, there have been several litters I would have loved to be a part of, but was not able to due to the three slot limit which was put into place before I joined. I never really got to experience how things were before the new limit, but I believe that this would be a good middle ground, especially with the new ranking conditions. I love the addition of a Tier 4 medicine cat getting the same bonus as well!
It takes about six months minimum to go from apprentice to tier 5 if you're on the site every freakin' day. I don't think there will ever be a mass influx of apprentices with this system because of the sheer work that goes into it.

There has been one huge, lingering problem with the mass extinction from the last sitewide, and here it is: every. litter. DIES. It's really sad, because a lot of these litters deserve to exist, but nobody is ready to part with their characters yet. By instituting this, not only do you get more opportunities for litters, but they're extremely active litters that care about the cat they've taken up.

By the time some cats reach tier 5, it's time for them to go anyway. By allowing these members to take on a kit/apprentice before killing off their baby for good, you give them time to sever the ties and give them a good, non-rushed end to usher in your new warrior.

If you are against this, I totally get it, but consider this: Even some of the older members don't rank up all the way because it takes so much work. According to the official clan rank pages, there are four confirmed tier 5 cats across the entire site right now. That should give you an idea of how many slots we're actually looking at. If you're dedicated to the grind and you actually make it to tier 5, god bless you and I personally think you 100% deserve the extra spot. If we implemented this now, we're looking at four to eight apprentices from active and cooperative roleplayers who, if they want to be aged up, must eventually replace a killed off warrior. I see no issue with this at all.
I support having two extra slots, mainly because I don't think inactivity will be a problem if the RPer has two tier 5 cats. Everyone above has already said everything else!
I put the on a condition slot, but I would be satisfied with this idea, but I had one idea I wanted to throw out there.

What if you could only use this slot in a smaller clan? For example, if I had a tier 5 warrior and wanted that slot, I would be barred from making it in RiverClan and ThunderClan.

I believe it would be fair to do this because it IS an extra slot.

But in addition, what Grizz said is also what I was thinking.
Okay, a little update!
If this is approved by a majority, this special slot may be used by a rogue/outsider. However, they will be unable to rank up until you kill one of your three main characters and if they wish to join a clan, they MUST start as apprentices and follow the same conditions :3

Adding an Special Slot for Active people [Promoting Growth in WCC]

Page 1 of 1