Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans, each suffering in a way of their own, fight to maintain the normal peaceful life they built. What struggles await them with the shifting seasons?
Leaf-fall has come at last, and the trees are shifting colors. Cooler nights linger, and the morning dawns misted.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Pikastein
Former Staff
Former Staff
Dr Pikastein

Characters : [A] Rabbitleaf [B] Rowanfire [C] Perchkit
Male
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 5535
Clan/Rank : Thunder Stone

Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion] Empty
PostSubject: Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion]   Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion] Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jul - 0:14

The idea behind this was the system in place in WCC 1.0, when character slots were more limited so that we still had a realistic kitten/apprentice level available to be RP-ed and also encouraging more growth as a site. Having too few apprentices/kits gives newer rpers to the site little to work with as kit topics are hard to come by unless a birth mother or father is present in RP.

Pikachu's suggestion is possibly allowing a kit/apprentice slot for each Tier 5 warrior someone has. The assumption is that if you have been active enough to be around and RP up to Tier 5, you can probably handle having an apprentice/kit around too. These apprentice/kits will not become a warrior until you have one of your three slots open again. Also this would allow people to RP their own kits if they so wish without having to murder someone every time. Also it would be a reward to active RPers on this site for their continued RPing above and beyond ;)

I found the problem with elder/queen slot was that no one actively wanted to RP an elder/queen much, it just became a holding slot. However usually when people make a kit/apprentice, they are more motivated to RP. I think a slot like this would get some good mileage.

If balancing is an issue, we could limit it so the slot is only for one per rper, or just kits, no apprentices. But I think it would be nice to allow Tier 5 people that have finished all their possible requirements to have something else to work on e.g. their new apprentices.

Just a pika idea. Please feel free to add your own ideas and develop this further ;)

Back to top Go down
http://nochudown.deviantart.com/
Kade

Kade

Characters : [C]ardinalcry [M]istwalker
Female
Number of posts : 329
Clan/Rank : [C] Shadowclan Warrior [M]Thunderclan Warrior(2)

PostSubject: Re: Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion]   Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion] Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jul - 0:28

And when the apprentice gets "warriored" they b become an NPC, maybe

ThunderClan, Mistwalker 60/200 #2e4f73
ShadowClan, Cardinalcry, 40/120 #d25006
Shadowclan, Lightpaw, 20/80 #cc9900
Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion] 0XPdgyU
Back to top Go down
Dr Pikastein
Former Staff
Former Staff
Dr Pikastein

Characters : [A] Rabbitleaf [B] Rowanfire [C] Perchkit
Male
Sagittarius Pig
Number of posts : 5535
Clan/Rank : Thunder Stone

PostSubject: Re: Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion]   Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion] Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jul - 0:46

Jade wrote:
And when the apprentice gets "warriored" they b become an NPC, maybe

Not quite, what I'm saying is that these apprentices do not get to become warriors until there is a slot free.

Back to top Go down
http://nochudown.deviantart.com/
Mosspelt
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1036
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 2 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 3 Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion]   Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion] Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jul - 8:19

I actually like this idea, and it would give a way to naturally flow into generations coming up if you wanted a descendant of your cat. Would a deputy/leader be granted the same possibility? They have duties, but no ranking up, so it might be nice to extend the offer to them as well. Additionally, what if it also extanded to anyone who makes their cat an elder, same thing, only kit or apprentice tops, but they would be able to start the process without actually having to kill off their character prematurely?

I do quite like this idea, and I think something similar might have been mentioned before at some point, but I support this Very Happy Hamu

Mossbloom (She-Cat): 50 HP/120 SP ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 2) (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat): 100 HP/280 SP WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat): 60 HP/200 SP WindClan Warrior (Tier 3) (ff9900)
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Jay Bird

Characters : Redmask ♀ / Berrycloud ♂ / Lynxpaw ♀
Female
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 3634
Clan/Rank : Riverclan

PostSubject: Re: Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion]   Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion] Icon_minitimeFri 5 Jul - 13:03

The only problem I would see is maybe eternal apprenticehood?? But also, that already happens even with the three slots so yeah XD
I think I would like to consider this idea. I like the main point behind this that is a way to reward active rpers when they manage to make their warriors up to Tier 5 (because active rpers give me life) and I agree with limiting to one special spot per rper at first, just to avoid placeholders and see if this really works :3
Regarding Mosspelt's concern, maybe it should be discussed with staff. In my personal opinion, I would say no ;; Some cats are made deputies being Tier 1 warriors so it would be a little unfair for those who work to make it to Tier 5. The point of rewarding active people who commits with their requirements would be lost ;; Buut I think we should extend this privilege to MC too so when they reach Tier 4, the rper can create this special slot.

Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion] 193b156d6b52da00d37bdb1d6ad1d06e

°Berrycloud° | ºRedmaskº | Lynxscar
Tom/ RC [Tier 5] Warrior | She-cat/ RC [Tier 2] Warrior | Tom/ SC Deputy

Deceased Masterlist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion]   Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Promote Growth [WCC Suggestion]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Comments & Suggestions-