Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2502

The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June Empty
PostSubject: The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June   The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June EmptyMon 1 Jul 2019 - 15:11

The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June Fc1cf287-d83e-4781-b47c-18eeff22d06b
updated promotional image by jade

I want to try something and see if it works. June was a really good month for roleplay on the site. I saw so many crazy plots, threads, posts, and character moments, and I want to shed light on the best of them all. Who knows? Maybe this will get really popular, and I'll keep doing it for the foreseeable future ;)

This is a copyrighted Grizzly Inc idea, but I was given inspiration from Ice's wonderfully SkyClan quote/cat of the month.

Here's the idea: WCC is going to the Oscars, and all of you are the academy. There are three categories: Best Thread, Best Clan, and Most Developed Cat. The first round is nominations, where you can send in your picks anonymously for each category. There will be four official nominees for each category (except in the case of Best Clan, where all five clans will automatically be up for nomination), so if there are more than four recommended, the most popular of the bunch will be selected as the nominees. The second round will be to cast your official vote, after which the winner will be chosen. To be nominated by itself is a honor! Nominees for most developed characters and participants in nominated threads will get a personalized poorly photoshopped by Grizzly plaque that is the perfect size for any character page or signature! Winners of each category will get a png of the Oscat shown in the image above with the category they won and the month and year of the win. You have until July 4th to get your nominees in using the Google Form below, and until July 8th to cast your vote for each category using a Google Form that will be uploaded later. Winners will be announced July 10th, and then the bragging rights will begin!

*it is suggested that nominees meet at least three of the criteria to be considered for the award. all five criteria do not have to be met by the nominee, though each point should be considered in your process.

**criteria is subjective. if you believe your choice is the right one, go ahead and nominate them! you never know who will agree.

Criteria for Best Thread:

• Was posted in during June
  • Can be solo, duet or group
  • Resonated with readers emotionally
  • Well written posts from each party
  • Important or significant to the world of WCC

Criteria for Best Clan:

• Had high ranks that were friendly, cooperative, and easy to roleplay with
  • Experienced one or more clanwide events that effected the entire clan
  • Was active at all levels: kit, apprentice, and warrior
  • Had various patrols that allowed participation from many members at once
  • Was part of an exciting alliance or rivalry that raised or lowered clan tensions

Criteria for Most Developed Cat:

• Participated in threads that were crucial to their character
  • Wall well-written, interesting, or a "fan favorite"
  • Affected the cats around them in important or significant ways
  • Had a memorable quote or action that defined them in the month of June
  • Was an active influence instead of passive

This is my little secret project I've been working on getting out in the open for a while now. I can't wait to see how you guys like it. Good luck to all the nominees! Feel free to campaign for your nominees in the replies below!

NOMINATIONS: Click here to nominate your picks!

VOTING: https://forms.gle/QgJ9MyPAeqd3S1pQ9

The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionpaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #cb945f

Last edited by Grizzly [rinklet #4] on Tue 9 Jul 2019 - 10:48; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6718

PostSubject: Re: The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June   The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June EmptyMon 1 Jul 2019 - 15:17

Everyone vote for Windclan

This is all

The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June   The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June EmptyMon 1 Jul 2019 - 15:46

UPDATE: the criteria for best thread has changed from "started in june"  to "posted in june" because I want to capture the essence of what we were all talking about this month on the site. A lot of threads were started directly after the sitewide but progressed during the month, and I think it's fair to give those topics a shot too.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June   The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June EmptyMon 1 Jul 2019 - 16:08

i voted

The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June   The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June EmptyThu 4 Jul 2019 - 10:51

Click the link to vote. Voting closes July 8th!

Back to top Go down
Maple
Former Staff
Former Staff
Maple

Characters : *Dustcloud {D}, *Blazeflight {B}, *Silentstrike {Sil}, *Gustpuddle {G}, *Swiftflight {Sw}, *Fennelpaw {Fn}, *Jaysong {Ja}, *Fallowlight {Fa}, *Fern {Fe}, *Brackenberry {Br}, *Ivystar {Iv}, *Specklekit {Sp}, *Beanheart {Be}, *Freckleface {Fr}, Briarthorn {Br}, *Eris {E}, *Hyacinthia {Hy}, *Otterdance {Ot}, Nightbird {Ni}, *Olivepaw {Ol}, Smudgekit {Sm}
Clan/Rank : Tier Five SkyClan Warrior {Br}, Tier Two SkyClan Warrior {Ni}, WindClan Kit {Sm}
Leo Monkey
Number of posts : 4827

PostSubject: Re: The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June   The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June EmptyThu 4 Jul 2019 - 10:56

i did you a vote

♛  Site Baby Sister  ♛

| Briarthorn | Nightbird | Smudgekit |
| T5 SkC Warrior | T2 SkC Warrior | WC Kit |
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June   The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 11:15

LADIES, GENTLEMEN, AND AMBIGUOUS ROLEPLAYERS OF ALL AGES...

THE WINNER OF THE JUNE 2019 OSCATS FOR BEST THREAD IS... TOGETHER AT LAST!
Starring Ripped as Brookclover, lemongrass as Finchstar, sumashira as Barleytuft, rhindon as Ravenpaw, and Cays as Grousepaw, this harrowing thread depicts the tragic death of Brookclover, an event that shook WindClan to its roots. This thread exemplifies the soul of the site, how even one character can cause a great rift in the clans. The interactions between Brookclover and each cat in this thread come full circle as they watch her suffocate in the ground. Her death rocked the site's members to their cores, whether they were in WindClan or not. She will be missed by us all... and we will never not be mad at Ripped for the jokes. Too soon!

THE WINNER OF THE JUNE 2019 OSCATS FOR MOST DEVELOPED CHARACTER IS... FINCHSTAR!
Played by lemongrass, this young leader was shoved into the role many cats dreamed of achieving in the most dire of circumstances. As he led WindClan through the mountains, he struggled with filling Brindlestar's shoes and earning the respect of his fellow leaders. When he finally returned home, he lost his first life jumping into a collapsing tunnel to save his mate, Brookclover, who tragically perished. Through every thread after, readers were led through a beautifully woven story of a tom who had lost everything and found love and peace in the embrace of his clan. This month, Finchstar learned what it truly meant to be leader, and everyone in WindClan can't wait to see what he does next.

THE WINNER OF THE JUNE 2019 OSCATS FOR BEST CLAN IS... WINDCLAN!
This really was an incredible month for WindClan. This moor-dwelling clan showed cohesiveness and comradery in a special clanwide thread, many fulfilling rank-ups, and high ranks Finchstar (lemongrass), Swiftstep (Middy), and Aspenpaw (Grizzly) finding their footing after a thrilling sitewide brought them into their new positions. Members new and old enjoyed engaging open topics and special events that shaped the personality and image of the group as a whole. This clan is often described as wholesome and was affectionately dubbed "FriendClan" on Discord. WindClan also claimed both Best Thread and Most Developed Character this month, making them the obvious choice for the title and winning by a landslide in voting.

WOW! Thank you guys for helping me make this happen. I couldn't be more grateful for the excitement you have all shown for this event. The trophies for the winners (which were so generously designed and made by Cays) and the plaques for the nominees will be delivered tomorrow via Discord and PM. Congratulations to everybody who was nominated. I hope to do this again soon! ;)

~ Host Grizzly

Back to top Go down
lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1303

PostSubject: Re: The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June   The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 11:25

GUYS IM SOBBING

GRIZZ I love this so much, and I can't wait for the Oscats next month!!

your description of finchstar made my heart explode and im crying omg

i'm proud to be in windclan, and it wouldn't be the same without all of you! I love you all!

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

(updated on days listed above)
lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June   The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June Empty

Back to top Go down

The WCC Awards - Top Picks For June
Page 1 of 1