Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans are being greeted by silence from their ancestors, unless StarClan is voicing their fury. With the anger of the stars against them, how will the cats of the clans fare as newleaf reclaims the area?
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. This month's activity check is currently ongoing. Please submit a completed form for each of your characters, and remember to include an explanation for each character over the three base allowed!
Newleaf is steadily returning to the forest, the flowers, grasses, and trees blooming with life once more. After the flood of last Newleaf, the heavy rains seem more threatening to the clans older members, but as prey and herbs slowly return there seems to be a fragile sense of peace. What challenges will Newleaf hold for the clan cats?
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!
Muwahahahahaahahahaaha *evil laughter*

Internal Turmoil

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G) ; Blossompaw (B)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1465
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

Internal Turmoil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Internal Turmoil   Internal Turmoil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 1:31 pm

The bird lay limply on the ground where it had been tossed. It's eyes began to glaze over as the cat approached for one final blow, but before it could land it the bird let out an ear-piercing screech, talons flashing as it sliced at her shoulders on last time. Then, the world went dark.

Eagle used Talon Strike, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 SP.

Dappleshine:
5/45 HP (-10)
81/160 SP

Eagle:
2/60 HP
160/200 SP (-10)

This was it, the final blow. The bird stayed where she had managed to make it fall, unmoving. Was it already dead? She thought it had still been alive when she cast it down... Approaching it cautiously, it still managed to catch her off guard when the eyes shot open and a screech deafened her for a moment, pain coursing through her body as it sliced at her shoulders again. She had been correct, the eagle had not yet perished, at least, not yet. Raising a paw overhead, she brought it down swiftly against the head of the bird, wincing at the pain of lifting her leg that high. Just like that, the fight was over, the eagle sprawled before her and her prey behind her. Her chest heaved with the deep breaths she tried to take, and she staggered for a moment, almost falling beside the would-be predator. Her vision swam with spots, darkness fading the edges of her sight as the blood trickled from her numerous wounds. What a story this would be. The silvery-gray cat chuckled to herself, on the verge of tears, she tried desperately to hold them in as the rain fell harder, stinging the long scratches and diluting the blood that streamed from her wounds.

Dappleshine used Front Paw Strike, dealing 9 damage and costing 10 SP. Eagle is K.O.

Dappleshine:
5/45 HP
71/160 SP (-10)

Eagle: K.O.
-7/60 HP (-9)
160/200 SP

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat) ~ 100 HP/280 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) ~ (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat) ~ 80 HP/240 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 4) ~ (ff9900)
Blossompaw (She-Cat) ~ 20 HP/80 SP ~ SkyClan Apprentice ~ (9966cc)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Internal Turmoil   Internal Turmoil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 1:57 pm

Staring down at the eagle as the rain mixed with the blood on her sides and the tears streaming down at her face, Dappleshine wanted to wail her woes straight to StarClan. She was a warrior though, and warriors didn't do anything like that, especially ones who had an apprentice looking up to them. Besides, she needed to get the eagle and her catches home before the rain got much worse, and the faint sound of thunder rolled in the distance. She sighed heavily, of course it would be a storm... The weather had been so nice not that long ago.... She knelt down to pick up the eagle, her muscles groaning in protest at the movement. Fox-dung, those scratches hurt... As she positioned the eagle on her back and stood, she hesitated. She realized with a jolt that she didn't want to go back to camp... Not now at least... She wanted to go to the Gorge, feeling the droplets of water raging far below her on her back and the wind gusting through her whiskers across the moor. Speaking of the moor... She wanted, more than anything, to see Raventail. Her heartbeat quickened at the thought of him, and she narrowed her eyes against the drops of rain that were quickly soaking into her fur. What was this feeling? Why did she get so excited whenever she thought of the tom? Was something wrong with her?

Thinking back to the way they had talked when they first saw each other again, Raventail heartbroken at the loss of his mentor and mother-figure, and her own spirit dampened by Magpiepaw's rejection, she longed for the companionship that they had shared. He was kind, and gracious, and her heart longed to be next to him again, even if it was just for a little bit. The time spent at the gorge had been some of the happiest recently, where she could forget about what was going on with Magpiepaw and just feel... free. She mindlessly gathered the prey she had caught together, and began to pad back towards camp despite the tugging at her paws to race back to the border with WindClan. Chances are Raventail wasn't even out in this weather, no sane cat would be. And she needed to tell Ospreypaw that due to the storm they would be doing something else for training instead, something a little less paws-on and more practice. As she neared the island that held the camp, she paused again.

Her heart felt like it was going to beat straight out of her throat. Her eyes widened in sudden realization before narrowing back as a drop of rain landed right into one of them, and she blinked several times to get rid of the uncomfortable sensation. Had she..? No, there was no way. She couldn't have. It wasn't possible. It wasn't plausible. Raventail was from a completely different clan, so far from her own. And with the way their friendship had started, there was no way he would consider her even if she... Wait, what was she thinking? No, she couldn't love him, she harbored feelings for Magpiepaw! A soft voice whispered in her head. But Dappleshine, Magpiepaw hasn't even looked at you in over a moon. Raventail however has been there to support you. To be your companion. Her blue eyes blinked, shining with her conflicting feelings before closing in acceptance.

She was in love with Raventail. A tom from a different clan. Oh StarClan, what would Dewshine and Gingerstripe think about that? Or worse, what would Scorchclaw, or Jaystar? She gasped aloud, still standing at the edge of the water that separated the island from the rest of the territory. What would Raventail himself think? She shook her head, her catches swinging in her jaws. No, he would never accept. No one would. She would just cause problems if she admitted her feelings to anyone. She would just hold her tongue, and live with it.... This was her burden to bear, and she wouldn't pass it on to any other cat. Besides, what if Raventail started to ignore her because of it too? She shivered at the thought. No, she couldn't lose him too, not after Magpiepaw and especially not after her realization. She waded into the water, hissing as it rose over the scratches. Her tears had stopped, but still threatened the corners of her eyes. Oh stars, was she doomed to be alone?...

Dappleshine:
5/45 HP
71/160 SP

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)

Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Internal Turmoil   Internal Turmoil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 2:15 pm

After making her way into the entrance of camp, she padded over to the fresh-kill pile, not noticing the stares from any of the cats that were still outside. Depositing her catches on top and the shrugging off the eagle to perch at the top of the pile, she staggered, feeling woozy all of a sudden. The adrenaline was wearing off, and all she wanted to do was sleep... Swaying, her eyes landed on the medicine den, and she began to stumble towards it. Her mind was warring with herself, wanting to remain focused on her newfound feelings for a certain black and white tom, although not the one she had expected, and wishing to curl up in her nest for a moon. She knew that she would be scolded if she didn't get her wounds inspected though, so she kept putting one paw in front of the other as she approached the medicine cat den.

She paused outside for a moment before pushing her way in, calling out in a shaky, tear-filled voice. "Umm... M-Mistlepaw? Could you, umm.. Could you help me?..." Her legs shook with the effort of staying upright, and she moved to the side of the den for a little bit of support, not wanting to get down until she was ordered to. She had a feeling that she wouldn't be able to get back up. "I uh... An eagle attacked me... I was able to kill it, it's on the fresh-kill pile now, but... Well, not w-without some wounds of my own." Feeling sick to her stomach at the pain, and all of the emotions coursing through her brain, she trembled like a leaf against the side of the den. She hoped that maybe the young medicine cat apprentice wouldn't notice the tears staining her cheeks, or attribute it to the rain.

Back to top Go down
Lulu

Lulu

Characters : a lot
Female
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 735
Clan/Rank : top rinklet

PostSubject: Re: Internal Turmoil   Internal Turmoil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 3:35 pm

The sound of the rain was calming for Mistlepaw. The dripping from the gentle downpour effectively eased her anxieties and soothed the thoughts raging in her mind. She had adjusted well to the life of a medicine cat, spending her days sorting herbs or helping kits with thorns stuck in their pads. Thankfully, she hadn't seen too much blood yet. Maybe a spot here or there, but nothing that a few quick licks and some pressure couldn't fix. She had yet to deal with any major injuries, leaving her with plenty of free time that she used to memorize various herbs. Slowly, but surely, she was healing from Fallowlight's demise. Her mentor probably wouldn't want her to stay occupied with her death forever. Besides, more important matters called for her attention. More important matters like...

"Um...M-Mistlepaw? Could you, um...could you help me?" The gray and white she-cat flicked her ear and turned towards the voice. Shock immediately enveloped her frame as she gazed upon Dappleshine's battered form. Instantly, the young medicine cat apprentice stood to her paws. "W..what happened?" she squeaked, padding over to the swaying warrior. The poor cat couldn't even stand upright without stumbling a little. Mistlepaw's face creased with worry as she supported her, leading her over to a nest and directed her to lay down. Starclan, she looked horrible! As she explained what happened, the young medicine cat apprentice set out on her work. She bustled about the den, collecting herbs that she thought could help. Goldenrod...poppy seeds...catchweed...cobwebs..yes, that would have to do for now. She padded back over to the bleeding warrior, setting down the herbs so she could examine her wounds. They were pretty bad...hopefully, she would do enough this time. She just..she just had to. The clan couldn't afford another death. Not now! Nudging the small black seeds towards Dappleshine's mouth, she said in the most soothing voice, "eat these. It'll help with the pain." After the she-cat swallowed the seeds, the tuxedo cat wasted no time in pressing the cobwebs onto her wounds, gently applying a bit of pressure. She checked periodically, watching as the crimson flow slowed to a halt. The Riverclan medicine cat apprentice let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. The last time she had been in this situation, it didn't... Grimacing, she pushed the thoughts back. No, these wounds weren't as serious. Dappleshine would be okay. Hastily, she chewed the goldenrod into a poultice, before spitting it out and rubbing it onto her wounds. She could feel the warrior tense underneath her paws, causing her to murmur apologies as she worked. "I'm sorry..I'm sorry...I know it hurts, but I have to," she repeated, sorrow swimming in her irises. She wished she could take all the pain away, but with such limited knowledge...this was the best she could do. Once she was done, she applied a few catchweed burrs to prevent the poultice from being rubbed off. Nervously, Mistlepaw checked to see if she was still breathing, and relaxed when she could see the rising of her flank. "I..I think I'm done. How do you feel, Dappleshine?" 

Mistlepaw used Minor Heal, costing 10 stamina. Dappleshine regains 3 health.

Mistlepaw:
35/35 HP
80/90 SP

Dappleshine:
8/45 HP
71/160 SP

Last edited by top rinklet on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: Internal Turmoil   Internal Turmoil - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2019 4:14 pm

Grateful for the shoulder to lean even if she didn't let Mistlepaw take much of her weight, she was still very small after all, Dappleshine went to the next she was led to and feel in a heap, too tired and hurt and conflicted to even try to get into a comfortable position. Everything just hurt.Once she was on the ground, she purred a quiet thanks to young she-cat, rough but a purr all the same. She watched through half-closed eyes as the tuxedo apprentice bustled around, gathering different herbs that Dappleshine couldn't even think to try to remember. As she came back with various herbs, the warrior mewed. "You've gotten more confident... I'm proud of you. I know I'm in safe paws with you taking care of me." She gazed at the medicine cat apprentice reassuringly before looking at the small black seeds that were placed in front of her, listening as Mistlepaw spoke. She nodded, bowing her head down to lap them up gently.

Wincing slightly as the she-cat pressed cobwebs onto her wounds, Dappleshine's head fell onto her paws. Everything felt so heavy... She just wanted to sleep. Another wince accompanied by a sharp hiss of pain came as the herbs were administered, and quickly Mistlepaw apologized. Lifting her head slightly, it shook lightly from side to side. "No Mistlepaw, you're alright. You're doing a great job." Once Mistlepaw stepped back, she opened her eyes and looked over towards her worried face. "I'm okay now. Just tired, I think, is it okay if I rest here for a little bit?.. I don't think I could get up even if I wanted to..." She trailed off, a yawn interrupting her.  She would have to apologize to Ospreypaw later, for not being able to take him out. Maybe tomorrow she could make it up to him. Her eyes started to drift shut, but before they could she spoke out. "Could you... get someone to tell... Ospreypaw I'm sorry... I don't think we can train today..." Her tail flicked once, as if she was nervous about something. The last thing she saw was Raventail's smiling face outlined by the moor by the gorge as she fell asleep, her breathing steadying in the silence of the medicine cat den.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internal Turmoil   Internal Turmoil - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Internal Turmoil
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: