Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ever a Mentor [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

Ever a Mentor [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Ever a Mentor [closed]   Ever a Mentor [closed] EmptySat 22 Jun 2019 - 14:21

Barleytuft's head was swimming with a plethora of emotions when he withdrew from the nursery, but weariness was chief among them. He couldn't imagine what Graybriar must have been feeling having birthed and mostly cared for them herself in the nursery until they became weaned. He visited often, of course, and gladly offered to stay with them when she needed to move about, but overall she insisted he carry on with his warrior duties and, truly, he wanted to tend to them. After dealing with the most recent bout of rambunctious kits, however, he simply wanted a reprieve. The warrior padded to the grassy clearing near the WindClan camp's entrance and rolled onto the ground, staring up at the sun with a sigh.

Ever a Mentor [closed] VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

PostSubject: Re: Ever a Mentor [closed]   Ever a Mentor [closed] EmptyMon 24 Jun 2019 - 21:17

"Barleytuft! How's it been? I've heard that you've recently become a father. Dare I ask how troublesome the little youngsters are?" Swiftstep said as he approached Barleytuft's laying figure. He missed conversing with his former apprentice but life kept them both rather busy. Barley now had a family and Swiftstep was up and about being the deputy. With that title came a mountain of work and stress. It was all for the good of the clan though. That made him feel better.

Today, Swiftstep had been out on patrols and observing apprentices train non-stop. He had just gotten into the camp when he spotted Barleytuft in the clearing by the entrance just lazing about. Swiftstep saw this as a nice time to chat and relax, if only for a bit. He was now sitting beside the tom, looking down at him with his signature grin. Barleytuft looked a tired and the deputy could only imagine what had been occurring at the nursery. He hope Graybriar took breaks from being a stressed queen. Starclan knows how much she deserved it.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Ever a Mentor [closed]   Ever a Mentor [closed] EmptyTue 25 Jun 2019 - 18:54

The sound of a voice cut into Barleytuft's thought, but he immediately recognized its source and was delighted to see his former mentor, Swiftstep, approaching with his flashy grin spread across his face. The WindClan deputy padded up and smoothly slipped into making small talk, mentioning the new kits and asking how they were doing. Barleytuft purred, all his whiskers quivering with the delight in his voice as he responded, "They're beautiful, Swiftstep - I always knew I liked kits, I just didn't realize how much more I'd love my own." His dark hazel eyes were soft and warm with love as he continued, "We're lucky they're still mostly bound to the nursery. Camp is going to become a playground once they've got their strength building up."

Swiftstep had set at Barleytuft's side, and the cream tabby tom rolled onto his back and reached one long, slender leg out towards his friend, brushing his coat with one paws and then the other before curling his paws back in. "You haven't gotten a chance to see them yet, huh?" Barleytuft asked, realization making him smirk. "If you do decide to visit, I'd wait until just after sun-high - then they've just eaten and are most relaxed and ready to take a nap." He chuckled a little at his own advice - did all parents say things like this?

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Ever a Mentor [closed]   Ever a Mentor [closed] EmptyMon 1 Jul 2019 - 0:38

Swiftstep's eyes shined and a fond smile formed on his face as he listened to the other speak about his kits. The deputy was always caring and affectionate towards curious kits and impressionable apprentices no matter what clan they were from. Within his clan, he enjoyed being somebody they could confine in and go to for help and advice. He liked to think of himself as some sort of father figure. He would secretly dote on kits and apprentices while maintaining his semi-serious demeanor.

Swiftstep let out a mix of a snort and a chuckle when Barleytuft began to give him advice on when would be the best time to visit the kits. To be honest, the deputy was curious to witness what occurs with the kits before sun-high. However, he'd heed the warning and save them all from more trouble. He was rather playful himself so who knows what he'd get himself into with a litter of kits who were better to be approached once they were more relaxed.

"Seems like you have your paws full with great kits. Make sure Graybriar gets some time to herself. Starclan knows how much she may need it. Oh! What are the kits' names by the way? I need to know before I grace the nursery with my presence." Swiftstep placed his tail on the tom's back as he playfully grinned at him. He couldn't wait for the kits to be apprentices. He'd take them out for some racing and maybe he'd teach them some tricks and lessons.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Ever a Mentor [closed]   Ever a Mentor [closed] EmptyTue 2 Jul 2019 - 17:39

Wrapped up in adoration of his kits, Barleytuft at first didn't notice the light shining in his former mentor's eyes as he shared his playful warning. He noticed it quickly, however, when the tom's face split with a grin nearly ear-to-ear. The warrior likely could have suspected that Swiftstep was found of young cats like Barleytuft himself; the deputy had taken to him as a rambunctious apprentice and helped shape him into the honorable cat he (hoped he) was at his current stage of life. Come to think of it, of course Swiftstep had always been pleasant with young cats - it was likely an important part of being deputy, since kits were such a big part of Clan life.

The deputy commented on their energy and then asked what their names were. Barleytuft beamed; in a blink their faces were clear as day in his mind and a purr escaped him. "We were blessed with four kits, two boys and two girls, all tabbies. Two are silver like Graybriar," he said in a dreamy voice, "and two are pale like me. Mistykit is the eldest daughter - she's silver with some white patches. Cloverkit is the oldest son, and he's also silver. No white, though. Goldenkit has tan fur and a white muzzle - I can tell she's going to be a pawful when she gets older, she's a wriggly little scrap. And Quailkit... He's a bit small, but he looks like me a bit."

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Middy

Middy

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Ever a Mentor [closed]   Ever a Mentor [closed] EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 18:31

Swiftstep couldn't prevent the purr that escaped him as he listened to Barleytuft describe his kits. Once the other finished, Swiftstep beamed at him. "You and your family are a blessing Barleytuft. Windclan is lucky to have you all. I'm lucky to have been your mentor. You've come so far. I hope you know that I will always be proud of you." The older said as he patted him on the back with his tail.

The words had been heartfelt and were said with a fond tone of voice. He admired Barleytuft. He was a skillful and intelligent tom. Swiftstep had always known that this tom would have a bright future ever since first laying eyes on him. The deputy couldn't be prouder of his past apprentice.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Ever a Mentor [closed]   Ever a Mentor [closed] EmptyWed 10 Jul 2019 - 14:58

As he finished speaking, he could hardly believe how many kits he and Graybriar had been blessed with. Absently the warrior's paws worked at the grassy earth, overwhelmed with joy at the things unfolding around him. The greenleaf had started out with tragedy, but perhaps things had at last settled and StarClan could help maintain some semblance of peace in the forest. Swiftstep spoke kind words, blessing him and his family, and Barleytuft beamed afffectionately at the words. The brown tom patted him on the back as he proclaimed that he was proud of him, and Barleytuft's eyes watered a little. "That... That really means the world to me, Swiftstep," he purred, his voice choked.

Barleytuft nudged his mentor and said joyfully, "I don't think I could've asked for a better mentor than you. I am who I am because of how you taught me." He looked the elder tom over curiously and said cheerfuly, "You look like you're recovering well from the flood. How have things been for you?"

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever a Mentor [closed]   Ever a Mentor [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Ever a Mentor [closed]
Page 1 of 1