Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 721

Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Jul 2019 - 18:12

Foxflame dipped her head. “I know,” she said sadly. “I know you don’t. It will...it will take a while, I’m sure. I hope someday...you’ll be willing to listen, but I know that day is not today,”

“Then why are you here?” Adderpaw narrowed his eyes, his suspicions about her motives get clearer by the moment. Or maybe there just wasn’t anyone else who thought I was worth talking to he thought sadly.

“I am...hoping that even if you won’t listen to me to forgive me...you will listen to me as I give a warning,”

“Fine,” Adderpaw replied impatiently. “What’s your ‘warning’?”
Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 721

Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey   Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2019 - 16:01

“As...as I said...I allowed myself to give into despair, instead of seeing the things that were left for me to live for, like...like you,” Foxflame’s voice was tinged with guilt. “And you are so much like me, my kit, in so many ways. You give in to the negatives-- your fears and worries, the dangers you perceive in the world-- and you let them cloud you to all the good things. And I fear if you let yourself fall deeper and deeper into that pit...it could destroy you, Adderpaw. You can trust others, and while the world is filled with dangers that doesn’t not mean it is only filled with dangers. Not everyone means to harm you. No matter what you think of me, please-- I just ask that you try to remember that,”

Adderpaw looked at his mother, trying not to show any emotion. He didn’t know what to say to her. Even as she told him to trust others, he couldn’t help but feel like she was trying to trick him.

“I’ll remember what you said,” Adderpaw finally spoke, his voice cold and his phrasing quite intentionally non-committal. For once, he didn’t care about being polite, or what she thought of him.

“Good…” Foxflame said. Her eyes sparked with concern. “I’m...glad. And I do hope...I hope someday, you will find it in yourself to hear me,”

Foxflame looked sadly down at her son, who would not meet her gaze. She sighed. He was telegraphing quite clearly that he did not want to speak to her any longer. She doubted he would even listen to her warning, and she feared he would have to learn his lesson the hard way instead. She just hoped he would make it through, and wished there was more she could do for him. But he wasn’t ready for her help, not yet.

She turned to walk away from him, then paused.

“Whatever you may think of me, son, I...I do love you. I always have,”

Adderpaw didn’t respond. He didn’t have anything else to say.
Back to top Go down

Adderpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2