Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans are being greeted by silence from their ancestors, unless StarClan is voicing their fury. With the anger of the stars against them, how will the cats of the clans fare as newleaf reclaims the area?
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. This month's activity check is currently ongoing. Please submit a completed form for each of your characters, and remember to include an explanation for each character over the three base allowed!
Newleaf is steadily returning to the forest, the flowers, grasses, and trees blooming with life once more. After the flood of last Newleaf, the heavy rains seem more threatening to the clans older members, but as prey and herbs slowly return there seems to be a fragile sense of peace. What challenges will Newleaf hold for the clan cats?
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

the rivers guide you in [closed]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rhindon

rhindon

Characters : [R]aventail ♂ | [L]ightfang ♂ | [S]nowpaw ♂
Male
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 783

the rivers guide you in [closed] Empty
PostSubject: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 1:12 pm

Agility had always been Ravenpaw’s greatest strength. Though small for an apprentice, he moved as gracefully as his lankier Clanmates, even if he had to take more steps to keep pace with them. Something had changed that. Wherever he walked, the ground swept his paws out from under him like floodwater. It was all in his head—when he opened his eyes, he was still standing every time—but knowing did nothing to help shake the fear, the memory of his mentor plunging into the earth and taking the last threads of home with her.

The Gorge was no safer than the moor, but it was kind enough to make its danger apparent. He had wandered along its edge long enough to find a way to cross; in that time, he had imagined all the things that might happen if he fell in. Worse, what might happen if he didn’t. Trespassing came with consequences, however nonsensical they were when applied to a cat who was neither a spy nor a prey-thief. But Finchstar hadn’t been himself; Ravenpaw doubted the leader had noticed his absence. There was no one left to scold him. That thought sat in his stomach like pointed stones, a constant weight, only jabbing at him when he moved wrong. It was freedom. It should have been freedom.

After a quick look around to ensure he was alone, Ravenpaw put his head down, and across the Gorge he went.

On the other side, the ground stood firm. The sweet, subtle moor-scent had all but disappeared, overpowered by something he’d only recently come to recognize as RiverClan scent. Ravenpaw closed his eyes and sat, breathing deeply, feeling the tension leach out of him. He was over the boundary, and not a single WindClan cat was there to drag him back.

the rivers guide you in [closed] Zl0bITv
Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Characters : Mossbloom (M) ; Dappleshine (D) ; Goldengale (G) ; Blossompaw (B)
Female
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1451
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Dappleshine was enjoying one of her first tastes of the freedom that came with being a warrior, and relished the thought that she had proven herself enough to be able to go out for a hunt alone. Already she had managed to catch a couple fish, and had settled for getting at least one more when the sudden scent of WindClan was brought to her. That's weird... The wind isn't blowing from the moors... She thought, the idea of hunting melting away as the thought of an intruder, or maybe a cat in trouble, crossed her mind. She crouched and slowly made her way up the gorge, following the scent that carried on the wind until she saw a figure a little ways away. The churning river far below them covered the sound of her pawsteps, and just as she prepared to confront this intruder, the tom closed his eyes and relaxed.

Her eyes narrowed at the sight before she realized something. That single, white paw. The white chin... Was that?... No, surely not. But what if it was? After watching in silence for a couple heartbeats, she slowly padded out of the bush, standing at it's edge. She swallowed hard, forcing her fur to lie flat - she'd know soon enough if she needed to be concerned. "Ravenpaw?..." Her voice spoke over the roar of the water many tail lengths below them, but not loud enough to carry much further than the tom she thought she recognized as her friend.

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)
Dappleshine (She-Cat) ~ 100 HP/280 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 5) ~ (006699)
Goldengale (She-Cat) ~ 80 HP/240 SP ~ WindClan Warrior (Tier 4) ~ (ff9900)
Blossompaw (She-Cat) ~ 20 HP/80 SP ~ SkyClan Apprentice ~ (9966cc)

Site Administrator ~~~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat
Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Lost in his thoughts as he was, he’d forgotten the most important things about trespassing: To be aware of the scents and sights of one’s surroundings, and to never, ever relax.

For how he bristled at the sound of his name, one might have thought the speaker had pounced on him. WindClan! Ravenpaw thought, springing to his feet, ready to make a break for his rightful side of the Gorge—except he wasn’t on WindClan lands, and the voice was one he hadn’t heard in a little too long. He turned toward the she-cat who had seemingly come out of nowhere, eyes sweeping over her. Gray and white, RiverClan… Suddenly, he remembered the sting of a tossed fish, a patrol, and the adrenaline rushed away, replaced by a spark of something that wasn’t quite hope, but felt similar in its warmth. His ears rose, swiveling curiously as his fluffy pelt flattened. The thought that he might still be in trouble didn't so much as brush the edge of his consciousness.

”That’s me,” Ravenpaw said, disbelieving. ”Dapplepaw?” Logically, he knew his shoremates and the friends he’d made on the journey home had gone to their own territories, but to think he could’ve crossed one measly little border and seen them whenever he chose… He took one step forward, then another, moving gingerly as if he might startle his one-time hunting partner into disappearing. ”You’ve been here this whole time?” Keeping his voice light through the realization of just how much had happened since their patrol was harder than he'd been prepared for, but he decided he'd done a decent job of it.

Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat
Clan/Rank : (M) ThunderClan - Tier 3 Medicine Cat ; (D) WindClan - Tier 5 Warrior ; (G) WindClan - Tier 4 Warrior ; (B) SkyClan - Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 6:12 am

Jumping at the sudden bristling of the tom before her, Dappleshine dropped into a defensive stance, her fur raising in alarm. I must have been wrong... she thought to herself as the cat sprung to his feet and turned to run back towards WindClan territory... And then he stopped. She stood still, watching Ravenpaw's every movement warily, still unsure if maybe she had just mistaken this cat for someone she knew - she had been so young and the journey back home seemed so far away at this point.

And then the silence was broken. She straightened and her fur flattened as the black furred tom confirmed what she hoped to be true, and a purr burst from her chest as she padded forward to meet him, bumping her head against his shoulder in greeting. "It is you! I knew it was you. It's so good to see you!" She purred, taking a step back to look at the tom. He had grown, just as she had. He looked more like a warrior now, even though something seemed off. His question surprised her though, and she shook her head with a smile. "Not this whole time, I caught your scent when I was hunting down river a little bit. And it's Dappleshine now." Her head lifted with pride as she pointed with her tail downstream, back further into RiverClan territory. A mischievous glint dawned in her eyes before she continued. "I was catching some fish, if I'd known it was you I would have brought one to toss at you."

The gray warrior sat down in front of the apprentice, and she realized just how much she had missed him since they had gone their separate ways, he was a good patrol partner after all. "So what brings you this way? You're over the border, what if someone else had seen you? You could have been seriously hurt if different warrior other than myself had come by...." She trailed off, the thought of her friend being chased away hurt more than she had expected. "Is everything alright?"

Mossbloom (She-Cat) ~ 55 HP/150 SP ~ ThunderClan Medicine Cat (Tier 3) ~ (009933)

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 3:03 pm

When Dappleshine started toward him, his own steps came faster on paws that were suddenly feather-light. Once they’d met in the middle, he returned the head-bump, purring, ”It’s been forever!” They stepped apart, and Ravenpaw realized that, though they hadn’t had the most graceful start, he’d missed her. Maybe he’d just missed having someone to talk to, but…if he’d been able to call grumpy Murkpaw a friend, surely he could say the same for the RiverClanner he’d competed with.

Dappleshine was taller than she had been; Ravenpaw was hardly surprised to find she’d earned her warrior name. Twin pangs of envy, then grief, so close together they were nearly indistinguishable, were quickly overtaken by genuine excitement on the new warrior’s behalf. No point in being bitter about something he couldn't change. A cat so recently robbed of their mentor couldn't expect to match their fully-trained peers. ”Congrats, Dappleshine! Cool name, too.” Ceremonies weren’t Ravenpaw’s favorite thing, but it was hard not to get excited about a new name, especially one meant to be held for a lifetime, unique to every cat unlike the many -kits and -paws across the forest.

At the reminder of how they’d met, the dark-furred tom grimaced. ”Good thing you didn’t! I can still smell the first one.” Of course, when the time had come to eat the fish Dappleshine had thrown at him, he’d discovered he enjoyed it a good deal more than frog. If he’d been able to stand comfortably at a riverside, he might have tried to catch one himself.

”So what brings you this way?" That was a hard enough question; the one that eventually followed wasn't much easier. "...Is everything alright?” There was no hiding how the light in his eyes dimmed; even he could feel it. He glanced over his shoulder as he sat, mostly to avoid looking at her while he tried to find a safe answer. ”I didn’t really think about that.” It was true—not that considering the danger would have changed his mind. In the brief silence that followed, Ravenpaw thought of how steady his legs were here, how he hadn’t once second-guessed himself when he’d strode forward to meet Dappleshine, and made a decision. ”…Do you ever need to be anywhere that isn’t RiverClan? Like, wherever you go on the territory, it all feels like mud, even though it looks solid?”

Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 10:15 am

Dappleshine smiled brightly at the congratulations her friend offered, and blinked at the mention of her name. "Jaystar named me after my mother, Dewshine. She...." Her voice caught, the memory of her Moonstone still fresh in her mind. "She passed moments after giving birth to my siblings and I, right after the flood. I'm proud to carry a part of her name." She flicked her tail as she sat down, content to stay a while and talk - surely that wouldn't hurt anything. She could use the break after all, and silently vowed to bring back double her current catch.

A chuckle escaped her as the tom grimaced, and the chuckle transformed to full blown laughter at his comment. "Now that you mention it, I think I do too. Maybe you should wash your ears more often." Her eyes twinkled with laughter, before she gently prodded him jokingly with a white paw, still slightly damp from her earlier fishing.

The joking demeanor quickly slid away though, as she watched her friend's eyes darkened, and he looked over his shoulder. He seemed to look away for too long though, what was going on? His sudden question startled her, and she looked a surprised and a bit taken aback at the odd inquiry. She quickly recovered though, and being serious she thought for a moment before shaking her head. "I don't think so... Around the river and puddles it's muddy, but as long as your careful not to fall in you're fine. The mud can also be sticky, especially with all of the rain recently, but I can't say that I particularly want to be anywhere other than near the river - the water flowing by lulls you to sleep better than anything else. There are times I wonder what it's like, over in ThunderClan's trees or your moors, but... It's just a curiosity. I don't think I could truly ever be happy or belong anywhere other than the river." Her gaze had floated to look past the black furred apprentice, gazing out over the moor as she spoke before fixing back on him at the end, her blue gaze meeting his. "Why do you ask? Are you not happy?"

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 3:22 pm

Though her story was very different from his, Dappleshine’s revelation hit close to home. Ravenpaw had never thought that other cats his age might have families as flood-fragmented as his own had been, had never thought about kits losing their parents, parents losing their kits without getting a chance to know them. It seemed horribly unfair, now. A set of possibilities flickered through his mind, hurriedly dismissed before he could lose himself in them. ”That’s good,” the apprentice meowed, perhaps quieter than he might have a moon earlier. ”It’s a good one.”

Dappleshine’s laughter was contagious, and he was grateful enough for a chance to lighten the mood that he couldn’t help but join in. ”My ears are clean!” he protested. One of the aforementioned ears twitched—for emphasis, or perhaps Ravenpaw was wondering if they really did smell fishy. ”You can’t—augh, your paws are freezing!” Ravenpaw made a show of shaking the (nonexistent) water off his fur before sitting down again.

Just like that, the levity in their conversation evaporated. Dappleshine, it seemed, had picked up on his seriousness. As the silence stretched onward, he prepared to backpedal, readying some question about how her hunting had gone in hopes of redirecting their talk. Then his friend started to speak. She didn’t understand. Of course she doesn’t, he thought, she wouldn’t know. It was odd to think of a cat who didn’t—hadn’t known Brookclover, but Brookclover hadn’t been as eager to mingle with their non-WindClan traveling companions as Ravenpaw was. Mosspaw and Leafpaw probably hadn’t met her, either. That thought wound tightly around his heart, pressure rather than pain, like a snake just barely beginning to squeeze its prey.

Dappleshine’s eyes found his, blue locked against gold. Looking away was safe, and yet he couldn’t. ”The moor,” Ravenpaw said, choosing his words with the same care he had demonstrated in crossing the Gorge, ”isn’t home anymore.” Far from WindClan’s camp and any ears that might have cared to hear him, the small tom felt only the faintest twinge of guilt. ”Something awful happened, Dappleshine.” His tail reflexively came up to cover his paws; finally, he dropped his gaze to stare downward instead. ”I thought, if I was somewhere else—if I was here, I could—“ His voice fractured. How was he supposed to explain what he himself couldn't understand?

Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 11:45 am

The moor isn't home anymore. The words that came from Ravenpaw rocked her, shock evident on her face. It wasn't long before she got a glimpse of what was going on in the black apprentice's head, and she stood, walking over to stand next to him, allowing her shoulder to gently press against his. "Just needed some time away, to clear your head and think?" She offered quietly, resting her chin on his head as she picked her words carefully. She had no idea what had happened, but it was painfully clear that whatever it was had wounded her friend deeply, to the point that home didn't feel like home anymore. She didn't really know what to say to make it better, and she didn't want to press the tom into revealing what was wrong if he didn't want to. Instead, she just offered her support silently for several heartbeats before breaking the silence.

"I don't know what happened, Ravenpaw, but... even if things are hard right now, they will be okay. There will always be those around we can turn to, who will step up and make sure that the support is there. Those who we have lost always walk with us, that's something I learned when I spoke to StarClan." She thought fondly to how she had gotten the opportunity to speak to Gingerstripe and Dewshine, and licked the top of Ravenpaw's head, her tail wrapping around her friend comfortingly. "I'll always be here, if you need to talk. Do you want to tell me what happened?"

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 3:29 am

At first, he held himself apart from the contact, wrapping his tail tighter around himself. Then a comforting weight settled on his head, and Ravenpaw leaned into it. Maybe she didn’t understand (or maybe she could, in light of what she’d said about Dewshine), but her presence steadied him all the same. She was right; though he would have fought whoever found him if he’d had to, he was lucky she’d seen him first. ”Yeah,” he mumbled. ”Something like that.”

For him, returning to a destroyed, deserted camp had taken the shine off StarClan’s words; what transpired after had further cemented his opinion. Come to think of it, Brookclover had never seemed fond of them herself. But it wasn’t StarClan speaking to him now. A friend’s words could be trusted.

With a slow, even breath, already steeling himself for the story’s end, Ravenpaw began. ”My mentor—Brookclover—she was on the lake with us. The bridge, too.” There. One more cat who would never know her, but now knew of her. It eased the ache only slightly. ”After everyone came back from the mountains, we got a patrol together, her and me and some of our Clanmates, and went hunting.“ Not mentioning them by name felt odd, but there were things Ravenpaw didn't want to reveal without permission, and he knew he would run that risk if he named Finchstar. ”Brookclover saw a rabbit. She went after it, and…the moor opened up.” In all the time he’d had to process what he’d seen, he hadn’t come up with a way to describe it. The dark-furred tom shuddered at the memory, phantom dirt lodged in his paws, feeling anew the cold silence inside him when Barleytuft had unearthed a familiar russet pelt. ”When we dug her out, she was gone.”

Ravenpaw didn't know when they had appeared, but he found himself blinking back tears. He pressed further against Dappleshine despite himself. She had almost certainly felt him shaking; with what had happened out in the open, trying to hide it was pointless. ”She was important, you know? She…she found me back on the shore, and now…” He’d known that no cat was invincible, but some part of him had still believed in Brookclover.

Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 7:10 am

Feeling the tom finally relax into the embrace, Dappleshine relaxed a little herself. She had been unsure of the reaction she would get from Ravenpaw, but she was glad he hadn't seemed to take offense to the gesture. She remained where she was, listening quietly as the tom spoke, letting him say everything he needed to. As he spoke, his shoulders started shaking, and he pressed himself further into her, as if trying to hide from the moors themselves, or the memories they held. Perhaps even both. She realized suddenly that she had been glaring at the moorland across the gorge, vast and immense, and dangerous in it's calm, flat appearance. As the tom finished, she slowly began to groom his ears, the same ones she had teased not too long before. She was quiet for a moment, taking the time to choose her words carefully - she hadn't been fully aware of what had happened until long after her parents had died, so she turned instead to how she would feel if something happened, StarClan forbid, to Thornbriar, Scorchclaw, or her siblings. Just the thought of never being able to turn to any one of them made her heart ache, and she still found herself wishing that she could visit Thornbriar - but none of it quite equated to what she thought Ravenpaw would be going through.

Quietly, through the rhythmic lapping of her tongue over his ears and head, she broke the silence. "I see.... I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one, she sounds like a wonderful cat. I'm sorry that your home betrayed you all. I couldn't imagine losing Scorchclaw or Thornbriar like that, but I am glad that she found you. I'm glad that you got the time with her for her to mentor you, and become important to you. I wish that it would not have happened, and I'm sorry that it did so soon..." She hesitated, not sure if she was saying the right things or not, or if she was even helping. Stopping the cleaning of his ears, she merely placed her head on top of his, enveloping him in the warmth of her friendship and company. "Grief is the price we pay for love, Ravenpaw, even if it's not a very kind price. I know it's hard, but try to remember the good times. She lives on in you and your clanmates each and every day. You were trained by her directly, you learned from her paws and mouth. Your clanmates watched her grow, growing and learning with her. She must have been a very strong and powerful she-cat, she would not want you to spend your days grieving her loss, but celebrating her life instead. Her name was Brookclover, try to see her in the swiftness of the brook as it babbles to it's destination, or in the wind as it makes the clover sway in the breeze. She'll never leave your side, even if you don't see or feel her all of the time, she's always watching. She looked up to the sky, wishing for once that it was night, the stars glittering above their heads.

"Scorchclaw once told me, as a young kit, that while we cannot see the stars during the day, he believes that they're always there, watching over us. She's up there, looking down on you now, I know she is. Someday, many, many moons from now mind you, you'll have to introduce me to her, okay? Live your life the way that she would want you to, and listen to your heart. I don't know if anything I'm saying helps, but.... I'll always be here if you need someone to talk to, okay? Just don't be caught by someone else." She pressed the bottom of her jaw against his head one last time, before lifting it and looking at him, a sad smile on her face.

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 7:37 pm

For some time after he’d finished speaking, it was silent. Dappleshine’s gentle grooming eased the trembling from his limbs. Closing his eyes as she began to talk, Ravenpaw simply breathed and allowed her words to wash over him. He was calm—not the chilling calm he had felt when he had dragged Brookclover’s body over the moor, nor the daze that had engulfed him in the sunups afterward, but something steady and soft like a tongue against his fur. He was too tired to feel anything else.

From the moment she’d lifted him out of the mud, Brookclover had been part of his life. Everything he’d experienced since his nursery days, he had only been able to experience because of her. She had given him his apprentice name, his knowledge of hunting and fighting, a home, something approaching family. But there had been a world before her. There would be a world after, even if it meant carving one out himself; scattered though they were, there were still places left to see, cats he loved or sorely missed. And when his paws tired of wandering, Brookclover would find him again.

If the stars never truly went away, was there a chance she was watching him now? Or had her gaze settled on Finchstar, most likely preparing for the Gathering back in camp; or Barleytuft, awaiting his and Graybriar’s kits; or Grousepaw, as reliable as ever? When Ravenpaw stood atop the Tallrock and all of WindClan called his name, would she hear it? He didn’t know this Scorchclaw, had no reason to trust his advice aside from his trust in the cat delivering it, but… A laugh stuck in his throat. If she’s seeing this, she’s gonna be so mad.

Well, Brookclover would have to wait. And so would he. ”I don’t know if it helps either, but…I think it will.” Ravenpaw turned to press his head into Dappleshine’s shoulder much the way he had minutes earlier. ”I’ll tell you about her sometime. She’s…she’s a good cat, but she can take some getting used to.” Then, quieter: ”Thanks, Dappleshine.” In the face of everything he was feeling, a simple “thank you” seemed inadequate, but despite all the talking he did, he had never been known for eloquence.

Finally, with a small smile he didn’t have to force, he raised his head and meowed, ”Okay, okay, I’ll be careful next time.” He hardly wanted to move, much less put his friend behind him and cross the Gorge toward a land he couldn’t trust, not knowing when he could safely return. Still, the small tom hauled himself to his feet.

The cold, lonely moor loomed ahead.

”Can I stay?” He hadn’t meant to say it—hadn’t known he wanted to say it, honestly—but once it left his mouth, he decided he agreed with the sentiment. Ravenpaw stopped, one paw hanging forgotten in midair; upon finding no RiverClan scent save for those of the border, their territory, and Dappleshine, he turned partway, expression almost sheepish as he looked back to his friend. ”Just—just for a bit, if it’s safe. It’s been a while, and I’ve been meaning to visit, and…we could catch up? I’m sure you’ve got happier news than I do.”

Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 10:53 am

"I'm glad I look forward to it very much. Scorchclaw is the same way, he can come off a little harsh but... He's a great cat, and has been a wonderful father to my siblings and me." She continued to lightly groom his ears as he continued, a low purr rumbling in her chest. "You're welcome, Ravenpaw."

She stopped her grooming of his head when he raised it, standing up somewhat reluctantly. Standing herself, she stretched, her white paws stretching forward as her back arched, fluffy tail waving towards the sky. "Good. The last thing I want is someone else to claw your ear off. Especially with finally getting them groomed." She smiled lightly, tapping her tail against his shoulder lightheartedly.

She thought nothing would catch her off guard at this point, but his next words did just that. She stared at him for a moment, her expression softening even more, and she pointed towards the bushes she had come from with her tail as she checked the sky. It wasn't quite time for another patrol to come around, so they had some more time. "Yes, we have some more time. Let's move into the bushes though, just to be safe." She padded behind the tom, weaving her way into the foliage and turned to gaze at the tom. She wasn't sure she had happier news persay, with Magpiepaw actively ignoring her.... but she would try. "So, what do you want to know? I already told you about my ceremony..." She trailed off, a sad, forlorn look flashing across her features for but a moment before she continued. "Other than that just getting settled into the warrior den and getting accustomed to my new duties. It's been a lot of work, but it's alright!" She finished with a twitch of the ear as a leaf brushed against it.

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2019 3:23 pm

With her tail, Dappleshine indicated a bush. It couldn’t quite be said that Ravenpaw went with a skip in his step—it barely qualified as a bounce, really—but his paws certainly felt lighter as he padded toward the bush, relieved to have a few more moments away from the moor and, better yet, with a friend. A mouse-length from the tangle of leaves, he stopped, peering into its depths. ”Well, this is new.” Sure, he could weave through wildflowers as easily as anything, but…Dappleshine was waiting, so he ducked his head and proceeded.

Somehow, the bush was big enough for both of them. He settled into it, wincing as a thin branch snapped somewhere behind him. Ravenpaw was no stranger to having plant life tangled in his pelt—in his opinion, one of the few disadvantages of having long fur—but he’d have to be extra careful to make sure he didn’t bring any of it back to WindClan’s camp. If Finchstar didn’t catch it, Swiftstep would. ”Anything. Everything! Warriorhood, RiverClan, it’s all new to—”

It hit him, then. ”…To me.” He was not an observant cat at the best of times, but now, without the pressure of maintaining normalcy or the threat of a RiverClan (or WindClan, which, in a way, would’ve been worse) patrol finding them, Ravenpaw had nothing to focus on but Dappleshine herself. His kithood obliviousness had faded since his days on the shore. When Dappleshine had spoken about her ceremony, her face had changed. Dewshine, he remembered—except she’d mentioned Dewshine. She’d looked sad then, yes, but not like that. Well, the small tom reasoned, if it’s Dewshine, then I know. If it isn’t... Maybe he could help. At the very least, he could listen. ”Stop me if this sounds weird,” he meowed, concern clear in his eyes behind his fading smile, ”but—is something wrong? Did the ceremony go okay?”

Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Mosspelt

Female
Cancer Rat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 6:58 am

Laughing to herself as she watched the new enthusiasm in Ravenpaw's step, she waited patiently as he hesitated before settling himself inside the bush. "It gives some good cover, although it's not as nice as being out in the open..." She trailed off almost apologetically. Luckily the bush was nicely sized, and they were both able to sit comfortably under it's shielding branches. Hearing the snap of the twig and seeing Ravenpaw's wince, she chuckled. "Long fur, it's such a pain to keep tidy, isn't it?" Her tail wrapped around her body, laying against the dirt as she listened to Ravenpaw speak. Just when she thought she needed to start preparing what warrior-hood had been like, she noticed his trailing voice, and fading smile. The concern in his eyes made it hard to try to hide what was eating at her, and she blinked before looking towards the ground. Had he managed to notice what she had been trying so hard to hide, especially from him with how distraught he had been?

"No, it doesn't sound weird at all... The ceremony itself went great, it was... What happened after it was done." She paused for a moment, before looking back up to meet his gaze. "You see... Magpiepaw. He's one of my best friends, or at least, he was... After my ceremony, he... He turned his back on me and went back to the den without saying a word to me... And ever since he avoids me, ignoring me or walking away anytime we run into each other. I always thought that he'd be there for me, and honestly... Well..." Her pelt grew hot as she just stopped herself from revealing her feelings to Ravenpaw. "It just feels really lonely sometimes, that's all. It's really good to see you Ravenpaw, although I wish that it could have been with happier circumstances..."

Back to top Go down
rhindon

rhindon

Male
Leo Cat

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2019 2:46 pm

As Dappleshine explained, Ravenpaw's frown deepened. He'd been right to ask; Dewshine wasn't the problem at all. Instead, it was another cat whose name he didn't recognize. Glad as he was to have something other than his own grief to focus on, he couldn't figure out why Magpiepaw—why anyone who could be called a "best friend," really—would up and give Dappleshine the cold shoulder, especially at her warrior ceremony. How much it ultimately mattered was debatable, but warriorhood was something to be celebrated. If Murkpaw had ever gotten a chance to stand before the Tallrock and receive his own name, Ravenpaw would have been there to congratulate him despite his unease on the moor, and they'd just been, well, ordinary friends. There was no reason, unless...unless Magpiepaw, like Finchstar, was working through something bigger.

Ravenpaw wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. He trusted Dappleshine's judgment in friends (he almost had to, considering he was kind-of-sort-of one of them). Whatever it was, this Magpiepaw would have to handle it sometime. For Dappleshine's sake, Ravenpaw hoped he did soon.

Still. "He should be there for you," Ravenpaw meowed softly. "It's not like getting a new name or a fancy ceremony changes anything. You're still a good cat, and—and a good friend. I'm sure Magpiepaw knows that, too, whatever he's dealing with." This wasn't the sort of thing he could fix—he couldn't even fix his friendship with Finchstar, and he knew Finchstar; he certainly couldn't march over to RiverClan or wherever Magpiepaw lived and demand he explain himself—but listening was still an option. "...How about this, then: When you're feeling lonely, you can come to the Gorge, and we can talk instead. Or you can talk and I'll listen, or we won't talk at all, if that's what you want. It's not the same, I know, but...I'm here if you need me." With a half-shrug and a flick of an ear, he fell silent. Now he had a concrete reason to risk the Gorge: the only useful thing he could think to do.

Raventail [100/280]      
WindClan Deputy V      
Lightfang [80/240]    
WindClan Warrior IV    
    Snowpaw [15/50]
    RiverClan Apprentice
      Bitternkit [0/0]
      ThunderClan Unborn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the rivers guide you in [closed]   the rivers guide you in [closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the rivers guide you in [closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The Gorge-
Jump to: