Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

All You Need [CLOSED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

All You Need [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 13:36

The large silvery tom walked through the forest of reeds and willow trees. Their territory was slowly going back to normal after the flood and prey were returning to its regular numbers. Soon, they were going to have plenty of food for the next litters that were coming. New kits meant more apprentices and not it was his turn again to train another young tom so he could become a warrior one day. Jaystar finally chose a large clearing with reeds around it for their training spot. Many apprentices never made it to warriorhood because they didn't know how to defend themselves from predators and enemy cats. The mentor was not going to make that mistake today and he was going to make sure Adderpaw learns the basics of battle. "Well, training starts now, Adderpaw. As a warrior in training, you must learn how to survive, how to hunt and fight. Today I'll teach how to defend yourself and fight others in order to defend your clanmates, your clan or your own integrity." He mewed.

The large tom separated his paws slightly from each other, he lifted his back a bit and held his tail down, balanced with his body. It was clear by his stance that no one could get near without getting counter-attacked by his claws. "This is a basic defensive pose. You don't have to leave weak points that your enemies can use in their favour. All your senses must be focused on your opponent and it is very important that you never lose them of sight. When you are about to attack, you have to put your energy in both the back and front legs. Your hind legs will work as a boost while your front paws are your main source of damage. For now, we won't be using claws on each other." Jaystar pointed the tom's paws just to make sure he hid his claws for this training lesson. Later on, they can work on fighting each other.

"Follow me. I'll teach a simple front attack." Jaystar walked to a bunch of tall reeds and waited for Adderpaw to come. Once he was settled, the tom used his hind legs to stand up a little and lifting his right front paw, he hit the reeds with his unsheathed claws, cutting a good bunch of the plant. "Now, remember to keep the balance of your body and don't expose for too long your belly, which is a common weak point."

Jaystar used Front Paw Strike on the reeds, dealing 18 damage and costing 10 stamina.

Jaystar
120/120 HP
290/300 SP (-10)

Reeds
??/?? HP (-18)
??/?? SP

OOC: I recommend you first to read this tutorial of the battle system but I'll make you a quick summary.

First of all, every cat has a rank and each rank comes with specific stats. In WCC we work with HP points and Stamina Points (SP). For example, since Adderpaw is an apprentice, he has 20 HP and 80 SP. On the other side, since Jaystar is a leader, he has 120 HP and 300 SP. To check this stats, just visit the Rank System Topic.

Now, each rank also has a set of moves which cause different damage depending on the rank and cost a certain amount of stamina. This set of moves can be found in the Battle System and I can assure you will use it regularly ;D Since Adderpaw is an apprentice, he can only use "Front Paw Blow", "Front Paw Strike", "Belly Rake", "Leap-and-Hold", "Run and Tackle", "Tail Yank" and "Play Dead". Each move has a stamina cost indicated in the table. The damage done by each one is indicated below the first table and as you can see, Jaystar can deal more damage than Adderpaw using the same moves because he has a higher rank.

Now, moving one with how to use it, the battle system work in a basis of turns. One cat posts doing their move and after them, the other post doing their move. Who starts is up to roleplayers. The important thing is that you respect the posting order. For now, we will work with regular moves and in my next post I'll explain you how Special Effect Moves work.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
All You Need [CLOSED] Signat14

Last edited by Jay Bird on Sun 9 Jun 2019 - 9:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake
Number of posts : 721

PostSubject: Re: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 14:24

Adderpaw watched Jaystar closely as he demonstrated the move. Adderpaw tried to take his advice and balance his body, though the awkward length of his tail made it a little hard and he had to shift his position a couple times before he found one that seemed to work.

Adderpaw eyed the reeds for a moment and shifted his paws back and forth. When he felt ready, he lifted himself upward and hit the reed, trying to copy his mentor's move.

Adderpaw used "front paw strike" on the reeds, dealing six damage and using ten stamina

Adderpaw
HP: 20/20
SP: 70/80 [-10]

Reeds
HP: --/-- [-6]
SP: --/--
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 4:20

Jaystar did notice Adderpaw's difficulties with his tail yet it wasn't a problem it couldn't be fixed. He, for example, had troubled managing his long, clumsy legs when he was an apprentice. The leader smiled gently at the apprentice when his claw finally managed to cut the reeds in front of him. "Your technique still needs some improvement but nothing time and constant training can't fix. You can always train in your den with your denmates or practice in your free time if you wish."

The silvery warrior lashed his tail as a silent command to follow him. Together, they returned to the centre of the clearing and Jaystar cleared his throat before speaking up again. "Let's move on to a little more complex technique. Sometimes, in battle, you will have the chance to pin your enemies and stop them from fighting back for a certain period of time. However, for that, you must learn how to keep them down... and you have to learn how to escape too. First, try to jump on my back while I'm moving around and then put all your weight in my shoulders and hips. When you are fighting a real opponent, you can also bite its scruff and ears but for now, let's avoid that. I don't want to end with a chunk less today." He mewed chuckling a bit before he started jumping from left to right just so Adderpaw could attempt to jump on him.

OOC: Perfect! now, Special Effect Moves. As you might, all special effect moves are described in the battle tutorial- Apprentices are able to use three special moves: Tail Yank, Leap-and-Hold and Play Dead. For now, we will focus on those last two.
Leap-and-Hold is a movement that causes damage each turn they are in effect. You can pin an opponent for one or two turns (they can't attack you during those turns) and the number is determined by the Effect Dice.
To roll the dice, type your normal post after making click on that "Preview" on the left of the "Send Bottom". Under the white rectangle where you type you will see a smaller blue rectangle that says "Dices roll" in black. Under that, the site gives you the option to roll the Dice #1 and choose what type of Diced do you want. There is the "Big Dice", the "Hunting Dice", the "Effect Dice" and the "Starclan Revelation" Dice. Like a warrior's apprentice, you will only need the Hunting and Effect Dice. You select the Effect Dice, then you send the link and a post of "Mistpelt" (founder of WCC) will appear showing which number did your roll. After that happens, you edit your post just to put the real number of pinned moves that Jaystar will be in. I'll roll a Effect Dice on this turn but since I'm doing no move, it has no real effect cx

Last edited by Jay Bird on Thu 6 Jun 2019 - 4:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15014

PostSubject: Re: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 4:20

The member 'Jay Bird' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

All You Need [CLOSED] Mistpe10
All You Need [CLOSED] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Characters : Deceased/Inactive: Addershade, Nettlestar, Marshcloud, Buzzardpaw, Crowcall
Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 6:31

Adderpaw nodded, and made a mental note that he probably should practice at some point in his free time so he could learn to more quickly balance himself and adjust to his tail. He knew in a real fight his opponent wasn't exactly going to wait for him to get into a good position and was going to use his natural imbalance against him. And that was the last thing he wanted, to provide anyone with things to use against him.

Still, since he was still just training, he could wait a few moments before making any move, or he would risk either landing awkwardly or tripping over himself. He tried this time to adjust his tail while watching Jaystar's jumping movements instead of figuring one out and then the other, to at least reduce his reaction time a little. He paused and then jumped at Jaystar, landing with a slight wobble but managing to adjust fairly quickly. He tried his best to throw his weight downward.

Adderpaw used "Leap-and-Hold", pinning Jaystar for one turn

OOC: I wasn't sure if I should add the damage, since it's not an actual battle/not actually meant to harm the opponent?

Last edited by Ceryn on Fri 7 Jun 2019 - 19:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15014

PostSubject: Re: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 6:31

The member 'Ceryn' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Effect Dice' : 3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] EmptySat 8 Jun 2019 - 20:44

Despite the time the young tom took to finally jump, Jaystar was still impressed that he managed to get on him. Due to his smaller and not-trained body, the pinning wasn't too hard on him but it was a start. Soon, Adderpaw would gain muscles and strength with each training just like everyone else in Riverclan. With a smile, the tom shook his body a bit to difficult the apprentice's work. "That was good! Now try to stay a bit and don't forget to use all your weight on my shoulders and back!"

Jaystar is pinned.

Jaystar
114/120 HP
290/300 SP

Adderpaw
20/20 HP
60/80 SP

OOC: It's fine :3 You know how the damage works so feel free to use it here ;D Jaystar won't go out of HP any sooner so feel free to use the damage ;D
I added the damage done by Adderpaw in your post and the cost it took in my own post, as you can see ;D Since you rolled just one turn, the damage done by that turn is already done. Adderpaw can't continue using leap-and-hold yet he can use other moves in a real battle. Despite rolling for one turn, this move is actually useful since you at least make your opponent don't attack for one post which can make the difference in a real battle :3

Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] EmptySun 9 Jun 2019 - 6:21

Adderpaw kept pushing his weight downward and tried to stay on while Jaystar shook. He tried to use his tail to give himself an extra grip, and realized excitedly that for once its length might actually come in handy. In an actual battle he'd also be able to use teeth and claws to grip, but having an extra method could only be beneficial. He decided he'd have to practice this move again some time, so that he could utilize it as well as possible if he needed to in a real battle.

For now, he just tried his best to stay on.
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] EmptyWed 12 Jun 2019 - 19:00

The tail grip was indeed a handful addition for the apprentice's attack. However, it still needed improvement so it would be 100% effective against larger enemies like himself. Finally, the tom found a weak spot on Adderpaw's technique and with a shake of his shoulders, he managed to take his paws off his back, giving him a freeway to just roll over and push away, making sure to not truly hurt him. "I never saw someone using their tail like that and it is quite impressive. You should keep working on it. I'm sure it will help you in the future." The leader approached the apprentice, noticing his long tail.

An idea of teaching came to his mind and he fixed his green eyes on Adderpaw. "But a long tail can also be a disadvantage. You must keep it away from enemy's jaws or they might do this..." In a blink, the large warrior jumped forward and trapped the cat's tail with his mouth, not biting hard to make it bleed but enough to use it to throw the apprentice to the ground. "Enemy cats can use it against you or you can use it against them. It can stun them for a while so be sure to attack during that time so you have better chances."

Jaystar used Tail Yank on Adderpaw, dealing 10 damage and costing 10 stamina. Adderpaw is stunned for one move.

Jaystar
114/120 HP
280/300 SP

Adderpaw
10/20 HP
60/80 SP

OOC: Unlike pinning moves, stunning moves allow you to use other attack moves while your opponent is unable to fight during the turns they are stunned. For example, Jaystar could attack Adderpaw after you post with him being stunned, leaving him out of combat. However, I'm not doing that because this is not a real battle so don't worry ;D Just post with him and below put with black letters: "Adderpaw is stunned." And that's it! That's basically the whole dynamic of the battle system ;D Well done! You are a fast learner :3

Back to top Go down
Ceryn
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ceryn

Aquarius Snake

PostSubject: Re: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] EmptyThu 13 Jun 2019 - 6:22

Adderpaw sat on the ground a moment, shaking his head as if trying to literally shake off the surprise from the suddenness of the move.

He was a little disheartened by this new disadvantage his tail added, of being easier to grab onto, but also even more determined to practice and to learn how to counter this set-back. In a real battle, other cats would certainly use whatever weaknesses of his they could to their advantage. And that real battle, Adderpaw thought, could happen at any place and any time. He was going to make sure he'd be ready if-- or really, when, he noted-- it did. There was nothing he wanted less than to be unprepared for the worst. He decided he would train as much as he could so that he'd always be ready for both the inevitable and the unexpected.

Adderpaw is stunned

OOC: Thank you! I really like the design of the battle system, it's pretty intuitive! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All You Need [CLOSED]   All You Need [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

All You Need [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: