Hello everyone, suma here with a little update from staff!
We have been working on doing some tidying up around the site. One of our first projects has been to clean up the Ranks System - from formatting to stats to requirements. This announcement does not impact requirements
, but please know that we're considering changes to our current ranking system! If you want to be part of that discussion, feel free the check out this announcement about it
and let us know what you think!
What has changed this time? We have reformatted the Rank System
thread! Here is a quick rundown of everything that's been changed or clarified:
- "Newly Named", "Young", "Experienced", and "Senior" have been removed from the full-name ranks - essentially, this is just to remove the implication that the earned rank relates to age.
- The different full-name ranks have been renamed as Tiers - once you become a warrior, you are a warrior! However, you begin with base (Tier 1) warrior stats and do requirements (as before) to rank to the next tier.
- "The severity of the disability does not alter stat reduction." - this has been noted as a topic for debate, but for the time being we chose to keep the limit to avoid nuances of minor vs. major impairment.
- Medicine Cat stats have received a small boost - previously all tiers of medicine cat tiers had 45 HP, but they now increase by 5
- "Default Rogue" was renamed Rogue - the default was unnecessary ;)
- Rank switching to/from MC/rogue/warrior has been clarified - a MC to warrior must become a Tier 1 warrior, a warrior to MC must become a Tier 1 MC, a rogue joining a Clan must either become an Apprentice or a Tier 1 warrior.
- Clan switching has been clarified - we've stated explicitly now that a Clan cat can't earn ranks outside the Clan, and we've also added that they may join a Clan with the same rank they left with.
We'd like to ask that you edit your signatures/profiles to reflect the changes to rank names and stats (if any affected you). Staff and leaders will fix the official Clan Ranks and everywhere else that's impacted by this change.
We hope that these edits prove to be helpful to the roleplay as we move forward! Change and adjusting can be difficult and we understand that. Please let us know if you have any questions or problems with the modifications; staff is here to listen!