Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

June Gathering 2019

Go down 
+18
Ripped
sumashira
Inky Pawprints
Holly
Transient
Maple
rhindon
Drippy
Yoshachu
RainyHeart
Mosspelt
Grizzly
Ice
Ceryn
Ash
lemon
Mamenchisaurus
Jay Bird
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1444

June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 11:33 am

The moonlight-spattered soil was soft—almost marshy—beneath Scorchclaw's large paws. Once again, the night of StarClan's ordained Gathering had rolled around. Even after the flood that had devastated so much of the forest, clan tradition simply continued on. The RiverClan deputy was no longer surprised. In fact, he no longer bothered to dwell upon it. Crossing the clearing with swift strides, he quickly found his place beneath the Great Rock. He sat down, curled his tail around his paws, and simply waited. Resistance had faded away into apathy. With the clans still recovering, every cat was worn out from long days of toil. Once the Gathering was over, he could go home to his nest and sleep. At this point, he cared about little else.

OOC: take this shortness... Hailpaw stayed back in ThunderClan camp to recover from her injuries.
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5878

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Sitting near the front of the crowd, Daisyflame's gaze didn't bother to leave any of the leader's form up above. It was odd being back home after such a long and grueling journey, but he was glad to be back none the less. Cats still seemed to be adjusting back to clan life and hopefully things would go back to normal sooner rather than later.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 VHQrlk5
June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 1QYZaRo

June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 Molex311
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 6:44 pm

It was with her head held high - but not that high, because she was still fairly small - that Batbite, now a fully-fledged warrior in her own right, followed her Clan (and more specifically her family) into Fourtrees. It was the one night every moon where the Clan boundaries that so often made her tail twitch in irritation were more or less ignored (though the rivalries were rarely forgotten), and the only time she could speak to most of her friends. It was the one night every moon she looked forward to the most.

Plus, the insight into other Clans' lives was always nice. Knowing what was going on where and who was involved... Well, it was something Batbite liked to make sure she knew.
~
Emberheart was always happy to attend Gatherings: there was much to learn from the other Clans, keeping in mind that they were separate entities for a reason (recent tragedies aside). Casual friendships and idle conversation were a bonus, as well as getting to hear the actual news the other Clans' leadership had to deliver. She found a place to sit without seeking out anyone in particular; if someone wanted to speak to her she wouldn't object but she didn't particularly care to go out of her way tonight. It was the first real Gathering since the Clans had separated and reunited and separated back into themselves. She wanted to pay close attention; there was every chance things she had considered to be true before were no longer so.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Holly on Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inky Pawprints

Inky Pawprints

Characters : Stormkit ♀
Clan/Rank : WindClan / Kit
Leo Pig
Number of posts : 2307

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Streampaw padded silently into the clearing with head and ears low. Knowing his mother was gone for good, that he would never see her again. Tears started to build in the tom’s sapphire blue eyes, forcing him to shake his head and force them back. He might be engulfed by grief, and knowing that many of those in the clearing had also lost loved ones should help him to not feel bad about showing such feelings.

However, he still clung to clan pride, and even if his pain could easily be understood and even relatable to many in that same clearing, he wasn’t about to start crying just entering. He had to hold back the tears…somehow…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonewatcher followed ThunderClan in almost complete silence, his usual smile never leaving his muzzle. A smile that seemed sincere, but was as empty as his nest back in camp…

He walked calmly, in a carefree way, like if he was blissfully oblivious to the pain and suffering of many, of the disaster that had just struck the clans not too long ago. But inside his head, the scenes of such events were as clear as if he was living them right now. Even the tiniest, most mundane detail of the whole even, carved into his memories without any mercy. It was at times like these that he wondered if giving him a memory that was both blessing and curse had been StarClan’s way to take revenge on him and his dislike for the warrior path, even before he was born.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hawkstrike walked in proudly with the rest of SkyClan, chest puffed out and secure steps, topped by a serious gaze of a warrior that would take no foxdung from anyone around him. He might not be the biggest cat around, but he was a survivor and he wasn’t going to let the disaster that the clans had been forced to endure break his spirit, unlike many he could see around him.

SkyClan’s numbers had dropped heavily, and they had to make sure the rest of the clans knew they were still as strong as ever. Not let them look at them like an easy prey or piece of land to conquer.

[10HP || 30SP]
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 7:03 pm

Pricklebush followed Leopardstar into Fourtrees, his normally stormy face absolutely still and stoic. He knew that if he let any emotions show, any at all, that the possibility of him getting swallowed up in grief again would arise. That had been embarrassing, and he didn't want it to happen... But he took Mosspaw with him to sit by the other medicine cats, not saying anything but staying right next to her as much for his comfort as for hers.

Redwing was there with Poppyheart, staying close by his side as if to make sure nothing would take him away from her ever again. It was good to be back, bit definitely a little strange... and everything she saw reminded her of her father. This night would be hard. At least her mate was back, thank StarClan.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 7:20 pm

Barleytuft couldn't bear to think of it, the dark shadow of mere days before. It was too fresh in his mind, the death of Brookclover and the first of his leader, Finchstar. He tried not to think about it when he could avoid it, but thoughts flickered in and fled unpredictably like warrens of invasive rabbits that none could ever catch save for a moment. He could have elected to stay home from the Gathering, yet the thought of being in the camp without his usual distractions was far more daunting. No, it was better to keep moving. Brookclover would have boxed his ears if she could see how far his spirits had sunk on her account. The thought didn't comfort him.

The lean WindClan tom had been worried when Graybriar decided to go to the Gathering. He didn't know if she was going just to support him, but the thought of her crossing the moors after what had happened.... The tom shuddered, but he didn't voice his fears. He had to keep moving, for everyone's sake. So, side-by-side with the beautiful pregnant silver tabby, Barleytuft headed to the Gathering, his eyes glassy with lost thought. Finchstar moved in the lead, isolated and distant and strange as he had been since he awoke beside his and his mate's own grave. The ginger-and-white tom was hurting harder than even Barleytuft could imagine, and the warrior ached to mourn with him but Finchstar remained unreachable.

"Where do you want to sit?" Barleytuft's mate asked, breaking into his cloudy thoughts with her voice soft as heather. The tom immediately turned his dark eyes to her, unable to conceal the sorrow that his thoughts had brought him back to. They gazed at each other for a moment before Barleytuft let out a long, sad sigh, leaning his slender frame against Graybriar in a gesture of love and gratitude. He admitted gently, "I don't really want to talk to anyone else tonight. I just need to be out for Finchstar. Let's sit at the edge."

He lead his love to a dryer patch of soft ground, scraping up a small bed for her to make herself comfortable with. Having something to do helped, and he quickly settled beside Graybriar and began to gently groom her, waiting for the Gathering to start. Barleytuft's dark eyes watched their leader with a visible concern.

June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Mosspelt
Former Staff
Former Staff
Mosspelt

Characters : ×Mossbloom ; ×Dappleshine ; ×Goldengale ; ×Blossomstep ; ×Murkystar ; ×Dewlight ; ×Sunnyskip ; ×Anastasia ; (S)tormypaw ; (C)inderpaw ; (Q)uickpaw
Clan/Rank : (S) ThunderClan Apprentice ; (C) ShadowClan Apprentice ; (Q) SkyClan Apprentice
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 3564

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Mosspaw padded solemnly next to Pricklebush, her tail dragging lightly across the ground. Her expression was darkened with sadness and almost an air of defeat, and the young she-cat felt completely deflated. Everything had happened so quickly, the interrupted warrior ceremony, her becoming Pricklebush's apprentice, and Flintfang's abandonment of ThunderClan, and in turn, herself. Her heart had broken that night, her father taking a piece of it with her into that looming, dark tunnel, carrying it deep into ShadowClan territory. She still wasn't sure she understood it all, but what she did know was that he was gone, and wouldn't be coming back. She should have known better, worked harder... No cat could love a daughter like her. Maybe if she had been better... Hadn't fought so hard...

A sigh escaped her as she blinked back the tears forming in her eyes. Looking up and over to Pricklebush, she noted the stoic expression on his face, and forced herself to swallow the grief of Flintfang's betrayal. Her mentor had lost his mother in the mountains, and needed as much support as she did. Brushing her fur lightly against his as they made their way into the clearing where many other cats from all clans were gathered, she quietly followed Pricklebush to where he sat with the other medicine cats. Would Amberdawn be there? She hoped she would be, maybe the pretty SkyClan cat could help ease some of the turmoil in the calico's mind. If not, the news would have to wait until the medicine cat meeting... She gently touched her nose to Pricklebush's shoulder before casting her gaze around at all of the other cats, taking in her first true Gathering. Forcing a tiny smile onto her face in an effort to hide the raging emotions within herself, she remained silent, tucking her tail around her paws neatly.

Stormypaw (♀) ||| Cinderpaw (♀) ||| Quickkit (♀)
ThunderClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| ShadowClan Apprentice ~ 20 HP / 60 SP ||| SkyClan Kit ~ 10 HP / 30 SP

StarClan: Mossbloom, Dappleshine, Goldengale, Blossomstep, Sunnyskip
Other: Murkystar, Dewlight, Anastasia
Dark Forest: None

June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Jay Bird
Former Staff
Former Staff
Jay Bird

Characters : [F] Fernpaw ; [O] Oakpaw
Clan/Rank : [F] Windclan ; [O] Riverclan
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 9:51 pm

As each leader appeared, the tom greeted each one with a nod. Slowly, the clearing getting a little more crowded yet not as much as before the flood happened... it would take a while for the clans to recover from so many losses. But, when the dark tabby showed up, a good new flourished. Coldgaze was not guilty of the crimes Asterspark had accused her and now, his warrior would be finally able to go back home. Jaystar smiled a bit and bowed his head grateful for this good news from Starclan. "I'm glad to hear it, Scorchstar. I'll guide her home when the time comes." He purred before looking around in search of the light-furred tabby.

The Riverclan leader decided to take the first word. He asked for silence from all the clans and, calmly, he stood up and lifted his tail. "Let the Gathering begin!" He started. Jaystar waited for a bit of more silence before proceeding with all what he had to say. "I know we are all recovering from the flood and the hardships we had to endure in the travel home. As one of the witnesses of the battle in the mountains, I can't describe how many lives were wasted because of the flood and their further consequences. However... despite all the pain... Starclan was there to guide us back home and the clans will prevail. And the days that I spent in the cave, with the Tribe of the Endless Skies had opened up my eyes."

Jaystar's green eyes suddenly were fixed on the young leader, Finchstar. He looked at him with a respectful and proud smile that he never expected he would do for a Windclan leader. "Finchstar here, who had to take Brindlestar's place in these times of chaos had shown to me not only how worthy he is of being a leader but what a noble warrior he is. Selflessly, he offered his life to lure the Sharptooth by my side, even though it was a suicidal mission. His speed and grace were crucial for the plan to work and for that, I, Jaystar, leader of Riverclan say... thank you for being there with me. I want to start over with your clan, Finchstar, and make up for all the wrongs we had caused you. For now, I can only offer you my respect and the return to the Gorge to their former state: a place with no owner or clan. That piece of territory will no longer belong to Riverclan and I will order my patrols to retreat so it can be neutral ground again. I know it does not fix much, but it is a start." The tom purred knowing in his heart that it was the right thing to do. Moons ago, Ivystar's stormed Windclan's territory because of Goldeneye's command. They stole herbs, prey and land from them because Ashstar denied them help. Thanks to this, Brindlestar always hold a grudge against his clan, not letting them safe passage to the Moonstone for more moons than he wished. It was time to stop that cycle of hate and conflict. Maybe Windclan and Riverclan didn't need to be allies... but at least it was good that they were no longer enemies.

Jaystar cleared his throat and then turned his body back to the crowd. Now, it was time for the regular announcements "Riverclan's camp is completely recovered since most of the damage was already gone when we arrived home. There are too many names to say of all those we have lost... Swanpetal, for example, fought bravely by my side in the mountains against those dogs, protecting her kits. My clan has mourned their deaths but we have to move on for all of them. Prey is fairing well in our land and fish is quickly returning to the river, which we have plenty of food for all the litters to come. We have also welcomed Adderpaw into the apprentice's den and Dappleshine has recently earned her warrior's name. On other news, Starclan contacted me in my dreams and Riverclan's new medicine cat apprentice will be my own granddaughter, Mistlekit, who will soon travel to the Highstones to meet their ancestors and start her training under Fallowlight's mentorship." The tom ended his speech with a gentle movement of his feathery tail and he stepped back to take his place. Jaystar sat down and curled his tail around his paws, waiting patiently for the next leader to speak.

Oaksoul of Riverclan ↠↠ Tier 2 Warrior ↠↠ #3333cc
Ferntwist of Windclan ↠↠ Tier 1 Warrior ↠↠ #0099cc
June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 Signat14
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Tier 2 Warrior - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6735

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2019 10:41 pm

Beartooth wore his usual stoic expression. Given everything that had happened over the past few sunrises, many reunions and an equal amount of losses, he was left feeling more drained than he even could have possibly imagined. Moons seemed to weigh upon his shoulders. It seemed that all of his adoptive siblings had been spared from a deadly fate but Blizzardshine had not been given the same pass. His eyes squeezed shut as he pictured her face. So sweet and kind in life, filled with and unimaginable love. Deep within his chest there was an ache from somewhere underneath the thick layers of numbness that had built up for so long. Elongated fangs dug into his jaw and left a slight stinging sensation. He followed after Leopardstar with his head low and settled down. The gathering was the last place her wanted to be right now, and yet, here he was. It was almost as it life was supposed to be normal once more.
__

Sparkfrost padded along with Riverclan. He supposed for a moment that it might be perceived as odd to see himself as so detached from a clan that he grew up in. But with the memories, the connections and relationships he had once built dissolved like frost under the harsh rays of midday sun. Glancing back, the tom flashed a grin towards the kin that he knew before disappearing to find some of the cats he had met during the flood. He set out to look for the Skyclan cats who had yet to arrive and while his green gaze was trailing over the clearing, he bumped into another cat, chest first. There was a brief moment of surprise but he quickly shook his head and recovered enough to offer a relaxed smile to the Thunderclan tabby, "Sorry about that, I wan't really watching where I was going. My name is Sparkfrost. Who are you?"

__

Burntstag followed after Scorchstar, for what he hoped would be the last time. Things had begun to fall into place and the timing was more than perfect. In the meantime he was the dutiful warrior, but tomorrow he would lead the many cats he cared for into an unimaginable future.

June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 2 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2452

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 05, 2019 5:44 am

Marshstorm followed behind Leopardstar calmly. His amber gaze flicking over each of the cats he could see in the clearing as the clans assembled. He noticed most of the deputies and leaders already at their places and smiled sheepishly as he padded over to settle into his with a sedate smile at Scorchclaw. As though their little spar on the lake had simply never happened.

Instead, he took an interest Jaystar's words. His head dipped at the mention of lives lost. Blizzardshine... the leader who took him in, being among the fallen. The news had hit him hard, and he lamented the fact that she was no longer around to guide her kits. Though they were growing into fine warriors in their own rights. His gaze turned to Mosspaw, knowing that Leopardstar would probably mention her change in paths. Then he looked towards the rest of the crowd.

Ridgelight was conspiculously absent. The she-cat was normally in the front rows, but she had been complaining of stomach pains and stayed back in the safety of camp.

lemon
Former Staff
Former Staff
lemon

Virgo Cat
Number of posts : 1304

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 06, 2019 9:32 pm

It was one of the main things on Finchstar's mind when he had received his name, before the dog attack, and before Sharptooth. The Gathering. Many moons before, he and Brookclover would watch Brindlestar stand tall with the other four giants, debating policies with a silver tongue, eyes narrowed to catch any inconsistencies. Finchstar remembered watching her with an excitement, thinking of what he would say to counter any jabs, had he been the one upon the rock. And now, moons later, here he was. His orange and white tabby pelt shining bright in the moonlight, but his assets had been torn from him. Rather, he was more the shell of a cat than the actual tom that resided in him. Jaystar, Leopardstar, Scorchstar, Tinystar. Finchstar wished to meet them with determined yellow eyes, ready to debate and counsel. But the forest was broken, and so was his heart. None of the leaders seemed to carry the energy that used to spark from their pelts, even the sky was somber. The white glow of the moon dull, as if paying its respects to those fallen. Jaystar spoke first, reminiscing on the past events during the flood. He spoke of Finchstar, and the leader raised his head to meet RiverClan's king. His dull, emotionless yellow eyes meant ones of green, and he saw no hostility there, at least not for tonight. No game was to take place, only the arena of forgiveness and recognition, empathy and truces. Fate was fickle, but today, it had granted Finchstar a pass. "Thank you..." He mewed, voice somber as he gave Jaystar a meaningful nod. But the RiverClan leader didn't stop there. He went on to release hold of the gorge, recognizing it once more as neutral territory. Finchstar felt as if a weight had been lifted off his heart. Brookclover would have wanted this, and yet the WindClan leader did nothing to ensure it. It had been produced solely by the goodness of Jaystar's heart. Finchstar was too broken to try for anything else. "You are an honorable cat, Jaystar. The flood has brought sorrow upon the clans, but if peace is to come after, then I will accept it. WindClan will remember your generosity for moons to come." He stopped there, taking a deep breath, as if even those few words were a mighty task.

Jaystar reported on RiverClan's happenings, and the WindClan leader knew he was next. All eyes fell on him, but the tom's were looking to the stars. Here me now, Brookclover. His eyes traced the ground to where they used to sit, and if he remembered hard enough, perhaps her russet frame could be seen there. "I am no Brindlestar, but fate has brought me here..." Finchstar spoke, swallowing his apprehension. "The forest has said goodbye to WindClan's former leader, as well as many others. A cruel thing, the flood was. Many of us are still grieving and broken, I am no exception. My mate, Brookclover, perished in a sinkhole a few sunrises ago, and with her, all of the love in the forest..." It felt strange to voice his grief out-loud, to dozens of cats nonetheless. It did little to help his depressive state, but all needed to know of the love she carried. "Frozenpaw, Shellpaw, Quailfeather, Nightheart, and Spiderfur died before her, I pray they watch us now... WindClan's camp is fairing well. The high moors kept most of the flood waters away, and soon we should be expecting a new litter of kits..." He hadn't spoken much to Barleytuft since his mate's death, but speaking of his friend's lives now was easy. There was something special about a crowd, a pair of eyes could judge, but thousands held no opinion. He could yowl to them about his grief, mew about his friend's kits, and speak rallying words that his heart would never feel again. "Deerhawk was named a warrior during WindClan's time with the tribe, and more apprentices are on their way to the title... I had thought all hope was lost" I certainly have none. "But we will stand strong, for those who have passed." But I have no strength left to spare. "The clans are forever. Not even the greatest of waters will wash us from the earth." They took more from me than I thought possible. "Better days are coming. I know it." Not for me. Finchstar took a step backward and dipped his head to the next leader, his face emotionless. He wondered what he would say to his friends after the meeting, whom he had spoken very little to. It was unfair, to spark hope and yet possess none. Perhaps they could forgive him.

Loachkit
of RiverClan
Kit
10 HP / 30 SP

active thursday - sunday

read about my cats below

(updated on days listed above)
lemon's sourcats

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Former: Pansyface ♀, Leopardstar ♂, Finchstream ♀, Ryeheart ♂, Laurelsong ♀, Nightstorm ♂, Fernpetal ♀, Magpiepaw ♂, Chirp ♀, Ashflight ♂, Orchidmask ♀ Basilbloom ♀ | Current: Featherpaw ♀, Tigerkit ♂
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3811

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 8:22 pm

As Jaystar called the Gathering to order, Leopardstar flicked his ears to attention and straightened up, watching the blue-gray tom through narrowed eyes.  According to Pricklebush, the RiverClan leader had been hospitable during their stay with the Tribe, and he was at least grateful that some semblance of peace had been found between them.  Still, he doubted that he would ever really be able to trust the leader; the times long ago as unsure young deputies was long gone, and a gorge of bad history lay between their clans.  Despite that though, as he bent his head to mourn their losses as well as purr for Finchstar's territory gain, he could somewhat see a different side of Jaystar, one that interested him.  It was not often he had seen the tom be so generous.

Honestly, it was Finchstar that interested him more.  The young successor to Brindlestar...how would he present himself?  As the ginger and white tom spoke, Leopardstar found himself impressed by his eloquence, yet...there was a familiar look in his eyes, one that Leopardstar had worn for most of his life.  Crippling grief.  And soon the reason came to light.  Leopardstar felt his heart crack ever deeper as Finchstar spoke of Brookclover, clearly the love of his life.  Hazel eyes rounding sympathetically, visions of beautiful moss-green eyes and a dappled pelt gleaming in the new-leaf sunlight danced within his mind, and he bit his lip to keep control.  Instead, as the WindClan leader returned to his place, the golden spotted tom reached out his tail and rested it across the tom's shoulders for a moment, before stepping forward.  He had long gotten used to speaking in front of so many cats, but after all the losses and trauma of the past moons, it suddenly felt intimidating.  With a deep breath, he began, trying to push aside his hesitance.

"I, and the rest of ThunderClan acknowledge and mourn the losses of all clans, and I pray their souls found their way to the stars.  Like all of you, we have not been spared.  Bluepaw and Violetfall - my beloved daughter - were lost in the flood, and..."  His voice faltered, but he forced himself to continue.  "...and Blizzardshine...sacrificed herself in the mountains, to save us all."  Leopardstar paused.  A fire blazed in his hazel eyes, fixed on the sky.  "She was no ordinary she-cat.  As deputy, she was a guiding light, a cat I looked up to.  As a leader, she was my teacher, my mentor in the ways of leadership...and in retirement, she was my friend.  Her life brought a beacon of hope to many among our ranks...and without her, I would not be the cat I am today.  She was like a mother to me...one of the many she-cats who guided me on my path.  So...remember her.  Honor her sacrifice for your sake by keeping her name in your thoughts.  Blizzardshine...Blizzardstar, the mother of ThunderClan."

Leopardstar fell silent, closing his eyes for a long moment before forging onward.  "As well, one of our clanmates is still missing.  My mate, Lichenfang.  She was lost in the flood, but her b-body was never found.  She...she could still be out there.  Please, if anyone sees a heavily scarred calico she-cat with green eyes, tell ThunderClan immediately."  Briefly, his gaze flashed back towards Finchstar, as if to say 'you're not alone'.  "On a much happier note, I have several promotions to announce!  One of our apprentices, Mosspaw, has been chosen by StarClan to become Pricklebush's apprentice and the next medicine cat of ThunderClan.  Her kindness and foresight will aid us all in the moons to come."  Smiling down at the she-cat, her glum expression reminded him of another issue.  Flintfang had gone missing.  For a moment he debated including the news but decided against it.  It was still too soon, and if ThunderClan could find him through their own means, they would.  "Daisypaw has graduated to the apprentice's den, and Batbite has earned her well-deserved warrior name."  Pride glowed in his eyes; his daughter and grandson both stood somewhere in the audience and their achievements filled him with joy.  Still, he felt as if he were forgetting something...  "Oh, as well, our apprentice Hailpaw has found her way home to us.  We welcome her back with open paws, and she's recovering from injuries under Pricklebush and Mosspaw's care."

One last thing he needed to do; turning around to meet Finchstar's gaze, the ThunderClan leader dipped his head respectfully.  "Finchstar, it is both an honor and a struggle to welcome you as WindClan's new leader.  Brindlestar and I were friends for many moons, and our clans knew peace under our alliance withstanding since the time of Ashstar and Blizzardstar.  I will miss her dearly, but I also look forward to seeing how you shape the role of leader, as well as how you shape your clan.  There is an important question I must ask of you though...will you uphold the alliance between ThunderClan and WindClan, as Brindlestar did?"  His question rang with intensity, hazel eyes roving up to his face, sharp and clear.  Finchstar's intentions must be clear to him...and he prayed their allies would not abandon them now.

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2019 9:44 pm

unnecessary long stuff:

Barleytuft's stomach knotted when Finchstar padded forward second. Already he knew what the leader would report, yet each statement - however eloquently spoken - was a blow to Barleytuft's heart. The tom rested his head against his mate's neck, sighing deeply. Brindlestar. Brookclover. Shellpaw. Quailfeather. Nightheart. Spiderfur. All cats he would never see again. Even the ones he had not befriended were notably absent in the camp now that they'd returned home, but there was nothing they could do to fill the space.

Well. Finchstar mentioned one thing that might fill the space, and Barleytuft felt his fur flush with heat of affection and amusement and bashfulness: ". . . soon we should be expecting a new litter of kits..." The tom hadn't even mentioned the pair by name, but Barleytuft pressed against Graybriar knowingly and licked at her neck. He hoped they would have many new little warriors.

Finchstar finished speaking and Leopardstar stepped forward next. The ThunderClan leader spoke of their losses next: his own two daughters, their former leader Blizzardshine, and Lichenfang, Leopardstar's own mate. Barleytuft remembered with sadness the battle which had claimed Blizzardshine's life and permanently crippled Aspenpaw. Leopardstar had listened with quiet intent when Finchstar spoke, and now knowing that he, too, had lost his mate Barleytuft understood why. However, it seemed that all the leaders wanted something of Finchstar that Gathering, and Leopardstar turned to address him once again. The tom was direct, at least, asking fairly, "Will you uphold the alliance between ThunderClan and WindClan, as Brindlestar did?"

Barleytuft grumbled softly, focusing on licking Graybriar's shoulders. He couldn't remember the last time that ThunderClan had aided them, but he knew that Brindlestar and Leopardstar had a bond of friendship that went beyond their alliance. It was better to have friends than enemies. The tabby tom watched for his leader's response, tail flicking anxiously.

June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Living: Sunpaw. Dead: so many
Clan/Rank : TC Apprentice
Sagittarius Monkey
Number of posts : 3839

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 12:17 am

Lynxtail gazed up at the leaders, his green eyes scanning their faces as Jaystar made his proclamation. Suddenly, something- someone, rather - walked right into him. For a moment, all the Thunderclanner saw were a pair of hazel eyes staring back at him. He blinked.
The tom stepped away. "Sorry about that, I wasn't really watching where I was going. My name is Sparkfrost. Who are you?"
Lynxtail's short tail twitched. "It's fine," He mewed amicably, studying the warrior in front of him. Sparkfrost. His fur prickled, and the brown tom flattened his ears for a moment. He hadn't seen anyone quite like this before. Sparkfrost's voice was strange, although perhaps it was just his Riverclan accent that made his tone seem foreign, and his fur was sleek and shiny, yet just as long as Lynxtail's. He supposed it was all the fish Riverclanners ate... he'd have to ask Minkpaw later.
"I'm Lynxtail. Of Thunderclan." He said. Starclan, it was strange to introduce himself with Thunderclan's name as well as his own. During the Journey, it hadn't mattered who was from which clan- at the time, it had been oddly freeing.
The tabby warrior cleared his throat. "You're from Riverclan, right? I have some friends there. Do you know Minkpaw?"

Middy

Characters : [R]ushingpaw
Clan/Rank : [R]-RC App
Leo Snake
Number of posts : 1958

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 am

"..."

When Swiftstep had arrived alongside Finchstar and the rest of Windclan, he had put on a solid mask. His face was blank and void of any distinguishable emotions. Times were a bit tough, especially for their leader. Swiftstep knew and understood what the other felt. He had gone through those emotions and that pain himself. Plenty of times actually. Swiftstep hated to see anybody like this. It was worse when it was happening to someone close and respected. He had seen both Brookclover and Finchstar grow and mature. He still remembers when he first met the pair. It had made him feel joy when the two had become mates. They were always meant for each other. Now that Brookclover was at peace in Starclan, Finchstar had changed.  It was very understandable.

The brown deputy had taken his place soon after arriving but not without giving the other deputies quick nods of greeting. Despite his blank expression, he wouldn't stop being polite. He had kept to himself while observing the chatter of the assembling clans. Once the gathering had started, he focused on what the leaders had to say.

Jaystar had been up first. Swiftstep was genuinly curious of what the Riverclan leader had to say about all of the recent events given that Riverclan and Windclan, well, parts of both clans, had interacted in the mountains as well as fought alongside each other against the dogs.

After the tom was done, Swiftstep held even more respect for the Riverclanner. Jaystar was truly one of the better leaders Rivercaln has seen. He was wise and admirable. Swiftstep hoped that both of their clans were now on at least neutral terms. They needed a break from being enemies.

Once the Riverclan leader backed away, Finchstar became the center of attention. The Windclan deputy payed close attention to his leader. He listened carefully to what the tom was saying. Finchstar was doing a great job in not letting himself falter. He kept himself steady, despite speaking about touchy and personal subjects. Swiftstep agreed that there would be better days. When the Windclan leader began to step back, Swiftstep made a mental note to speak with him a bit after the gathering. The tom felt the tiniest bit unsettled but he brushed it off.

Leopardstar was next in line to speak. Swiftstep thought highly of the tom. He had witnessed the tom's kindness and honor ever since he had become Thunderclan's leader. When Leopardstar began to speak about Blizzardstar, Swiftstep couldn't help the tiny smile that had appeared on his face. She had been quite the amazing leader. She, as well as Brindlestar, were now in Starclan. They deserved the peace.

"There is an important question I must ask of you though...will you uphold the alliance between ThunderClan and WindClan, as Brindlestar did?"

When the leader spoke the last question, Swiftstep glanced up at Finchstar expectantly. How did he feel about continuing to uphold the alliance? Finchstar was a young leader but he must certainly know of Windlcan's and Thunderclan's past together. Swiftstep would be supportive of whatever the Windclan leader decided but if he needed his opinion, the deputy wouldn't mind giving it to him. All he wanted was for Windclan to prosper and grow.

Rushingpaw ║ ♀ ║ Apprentice - RiverClan[App Stats] 20 HP / 60 SP#C0D6E4

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June Gathering 2019   June Gathering 2019 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

June Gathering 2019
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Fourtrees-
Jump to: