Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6625

Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 18:08

It felt strange. Strange, that he was back in his den. Strange, to be returning to normal life. Strange, that he would be going to Highstones again. Pricklebush moved slowly, as if in a dream, as his paws continued the almost forgotten motions of gathering the traveling herbs into small bundles. There were barely enough for him and the apprentice he was taking, since the water had washed away most of his stock and he had yet to fully replenish it. Had it only been a moon or two since the flood had turned everything upside down? Since he'd been separated from everyone? And it was only a day or two ago that Blizzardshine... Stop. No. You can't think about that anymore. Even the thought of her name had made his muscles lock up tensely, staring into the distance with a wide and pained gaze as his mother's last moments flashed before his eyes. He shook his head violently, trying to rid himself of the white she-cat's plummeting form trailed by an avalanche of rocks. The tom forced his paws to move again, finishing the bundles of herbs. At least one good thing had come from the whole debacle, and that was finding Hailpaw again.

Once he'd finished slowly gathering the herbs, he picked up the bundles in his mouth and padded out into the cold, still ThunderClan camp. The sun had yet to rise, and the stars in the sky looked blank and unwelcoming. The tom shuddered and fluffed out his pelt against the early morning chill. He looked like even more of a prickle bush than usual. However, he knew that the lack of warmth he was feeling wasn't only from the temperature outside. His life had seemed somewhat bleaker since the flood had decimated the forest, even though they had returned to some semblance of normal life. Trying to keep his thoughts from straying again, Pricklebush turned his glowing sage-green eyes against the blackness and waited for Ferretpaw to emerge from the apprentices' den.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2495

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 18:28

Ferretpaw was a little nervous, imagining the warrior ancestors she was about to meet. She had never seen one for real, never even dreamt, and it was incredible to be standing before Pricklebush, almost a fully-fledged warrior, taking her first steps toward the spirit that wished to speak to her. Still, she was cheerful. Always a morning-cat, she rose early and stepped around her denmates into the dewy air. She grinned at her medicine cat as he approached her. She had to keep her spirits high on such a long journey.

"Whenever you're ready," she said. The bundle in his mouth caught her eye. She wasn't looking forward to that part. She was wondering if it was too silly to ask if she could wash it down with some mouse when her good eye caught the blankness in Pricklebush's expression. Though, she didn't pry. She didn't need to; everybody knew what had happened to Hailpaw and her brother that made them seem so different. Even if she did offer her support, which she desperately wanted to, it wouldn't do any good. It would only make him more closed off. She merely gave him a smile that only faintly pulled at her lips. I don't understand how you feel, the smile said, Nobody does. So I'm not going to pretend I do.

Some things were better left unspoken.

"It's a lovely day to sleep in a cave," she joked quietly as she started for the camp entrance, "I sure miss that a ton."

Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 25 May 2019 - 19:29

Pricklebush glanced at the apprentice when she arrived, and felt his heart lift a little. Ever since she had first walked innocently into the medicine den as a young kit, Ferretpaw had always been able to do that to him. He wasn't sure what it was about the she-cat- usually, cheerful and optimistic cats set his nerves on edge- but she made him feel a little better just with her presence. "Nice to see you're finally up," he joked dryly, tossing her one of the herb bundles. "It won't taste good, but it'll help you give energy. I know we've had some long journeys in the past moon, so this one might seem like nothing- but if you don't want your legs to fall off, it'll do you some good." He swallowed his own herbs, the bitter taste seeming familiar and almost welcoming on his tongue. Had it really been so long since he'd taken a cat to the Moonstone? He'd changed since then. They all had. "Looking forwards to seeing StarClan?" he asked casually, trying to get his mind off of the heavier things. "I should give you a disclaimer that they're not all the benevolent gods they're cracked up to be. They're fallible too, like us."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 28 May 2019 - 18:14

Ferretpaw tried to muffle the laugh that threatened to bubble over in her throat. "Wow, Pricklebush," she said in feigned astonishment, "I would have never guessed you weren't a fan of the big cats up there." She cringed as the bitter, almost spicy taste of herbs hit her tongue. She made hasty work of forcing the leaves down and licked her chest in a desperate attempt to rid the feeling from her mouth.

"I want to believe they know best, because they see everything in the forest," she explained, "But I know bias endures. I know that cats hold grudges and fight and can't criticize their own clan to save their life. But I'd like to believe that they're at least trying their best." Her good eye turned up to face the great expanse of sky that poked through the treetops. "Would we be alive if they hadn't warned Jaystar?" She shrugged a little and returned her eyes to the much larger cat. She didn't like to dwell on what had happened, especially with so much work to do and such a long and warm Greenleaf ahead. Besides, ancient souls must at least be more interesting than searching for new nesting materials to fix the dens.

"Let's not keep the old crazies waiting, right?"

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 1 Jun 2019 - 20:25

Pricklebush kept in a small laugh at the apprentice's reaction, silently wondering if his disdain for their ancestors was that obvious. Well, of course it was- not like he made any secret of it. But he hadn't really considered others noticing it before. For a cat as young as she was, Ferretpaw made a good point in that StarClan had at least saved their lives- saved them, and then endangered them again. It almost felt like the starry cats were playing mossball with their lives. "Yeah, they saved us," he acquiesced, "and they have before. It's not that they're evil. I just..." The medicine cat sighed, glancing up at the sky. "Just because I personally don't agree with what they've done doesn't mean you have to follow my beliefs. There are good cats up there. But not all of them have our best interests in mind." He glanced down at the apprentice, sizing her up slightly, then took a deep breath and steeled himself. "Just, be careful, all right?... Let's go."

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 2 Jun 2019 - 14:55

Ferretpaw nodded affirmatively. Not much else needed to be said. She would never understand Pricklebush's avoidance to StarClan... it must have happened far before her time. She didn't like the way he looked at her, sad and concerned. It worried her, and she wasn't in the mood to worry. She let the feeling roll off her shoulders and allowed Pricklebush to lead her out of camp.

TIMESKIP

It was particularly easier for Ferretpaw to maneuver through the dark, narrow passage to the Moonstone due to her size, but she still followed close behind the medicine cat. She could feel his tailtip brush her whiskers every once in a while, and only when they entered the cavern could she make out his towering form. Her eyes went wide, illuminated by the beautiful stone's presence. Her paws felt tingly as she approached it, her entire body soon being infected with the jitters. She whipped around to look at Pricklebush, mouth agape with shock.

"I can't believe you get to see it all the time!" she whispered reverently, "I almost want to take a piece of it home..." She got a little closer, still hesitant and nervous. She had never even had an inkling of StarClan was real other than the stars above and the testimonies of others. She was curious to see what it all looked like. "What now?"

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 12:07

Pricklebush made sure not to lose Ferretpaw in the winding passages, but she did well following him and his slight anxiety turned out to be unnecessary. As usual, the Moonstone brought him no shock and awe, only acknowledgement and a faint sense of distaste. But for the apprentice's sake, he didn't show how he felt, instead smiling at her obvious astonishment. "You get used to it after a while," he commented, taking note of how the reflecting moonlight made her eyes shine. "Now, you lay down by the Moonstone, touch your nose to it, and fall asleep. Then StarClan will speak to you." He wondered who would talk with Ferretpaw, what they would tell her, what they would try to make her believe. He had seen many cats come back different from Highstones... he knew he had. "Make sure to take everything they say with a little grain of salt, okay?" he whispered. "Remember they're not perfect. It's easy to forget, in this room."

Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 21 Jun 2019 - 7:41

Ferretpaw shuffled closer to the stone and let her body fall victim to the sleepiness that overtook her. It almost felt like what she imagined dying was like. Somehow, it was different. She fell down, down, down, and when she opened her eyes, she was confronted with a grove of starlight. The apprentice gasped in awe and couldn't help but walk around and investigate. It was safe in StarClan, wasn't it? At the sound of rustling, she turned and saw a cat enveloped in the light. The cat's yellow eyes pierced her heart, and, when Ferretpaw looked closer, she saw the she-cat's missing leg.

"You smell like ThunderClan, ma'am," she said quietly, "Who are you?"

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2515

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyThu 27 Jun 2019 - 14:13

A large she-cat watched from the trunk of a starlit beech tree, gaze soft as the living she-cat nosed around where she’d woken. It didn’t take her long to notice the StarClan cat. She rose to her paws upon being acknowledged. “You’ve got a sharp nose, child. I’d expect nothing less from an apprentice of my own clan.” The old warrior moved forward with her odd, uneven gait, the muscles in her front legs and chest rolling just as they did in life. Though StarClan had not given her leg back when she’d died, she knew that she wouldn’t be herself with it.

I am Darkflight, former leader of ThunderClan. Welcome to StarClan, young one.

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 30 Jun 2019 - 12:46

Ferretpaw politely smiled at the cat, whose name she now knew: Darkflight. She felt as though she knew why this was the cat that StarClan sent to her, but a piece of her felt like it was rude to draw attention to the obvious. She remained their, pulled in either direction, staring down at the starry ground. She certainly wouldn't like it if somebody brought up her own deformities without her permission. The small half-tabby felt horribly conflicted. Finally, she spoke up, in a rushed voice, as if the dead leader wouldn't notice how scared she was if she said it quickly.

"Was it hard?" she blurted out. "Did they doubt you? Did they think you weren't as capable because of your leg?" She closed one purely green eye, leaving the clouded one open. "My left eye. It's been like this since I was a kit. In this eye, I can only see shapes... vague colors... And I'm so short, Darkflight, and on top of it all, other cats look at me like I have no idea what's going on!"

Ferretpaw took a breath. "I know I'm not particularly smart, but I'm not stupid either! I'm a good hunter, I always do as I'm told. I'm loyal to ThunderClan through and through. But no matter what I do, because I like to smile and focus on the good, I'm silly and childish!" Tears built pressure in her eyes. She sat down. "I wish I was stronger. Bigger. Maybe a little more rebellious, like Batbite. Maybe that's why it's been so long and I still haven't had my ceremony. My skin isn't thick enough."

Back to top Go down
Knight

Knight

Characters : [H]Harebounce, [R]Redsun, [S]Snaildance, [M]Ramone
Clan/Rank : RC Tier 4 Warrior; TC Tier 3 Warrior, SC Tier 2 Warrior, Tier 1 Rogue
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2515

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyFri 19 Jul 2019 - 22:14

The warrior’s ears twitched upon listening to the uncertain stammerings of the young she-cat. So this was what had been troubling her. Darkflight saw a younger version of herself in those wavering eyes, both living and dead. She moved closer, her lone back foot makings soft paps against the star-dusted ground. Her heart ached to act as a mother to young Ferretpaw, even if several of her own children walked where light would never reach due to her misguidance and foolishness. Should she dare try to get one right?

Resting her dark head on Ferretpaw’s, she pulled upon her moons of service to ThunderClan for her words, but found little. Yet now a friendly face came to her as if on a gentle breeze. “I lost use of my leg as an apprentice. It was hard to adapt. I fell. I made a fool of myself. My Clanmates looked down on me; they thought I couldn’t become a warrior anymore. At times I thought they were right, but there were cats willing to help me back onto my own… three paws. No one stands alone, no matter how independent they appear. Warriors lean on each other, it isn't weakness, it may actually be a strength. To reveal your own insecurities is a great show of courage and trust. A warrior who tries to do everything on their own might as well be a loner. It’s okay to rely on your friends, Ferretpaw. And you may not realize it, but they rely on you too. You’re kind and considerate, you keep everyone’s spirits above water. Those who discredit what you can do are taking you for granted.

Moving her head back to fix the apprentice in her warm gaze, she rested her fluffy tail-tip on the other she-cat’s flank. “You don’t need to change for anyone. There isn’t anything wrong with who you are. In fact, a cat like you is exactly what ThunderClan needs right now. StarClan’s ranks have gained too many too quickly. Never forget that there are those you love you, more than you can ever know. Some are watching from up here. A warm heart like yours can only do good in healing the clan’s wounds.” Eyes like flecks of sunlight looked over Ferretpaw. A faint smile spread across her face. “And even if you doubt my words, I know Birdflight may understand you. You may find solace in your shared experiences, if that is what you think you need.

"Close your eyes, I'll be here in the mornin'."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey   Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Ferretpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1