Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

The Picture is Clear [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 6659

The Picture is Clear [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptyMon 20 May 2019 - 21:20

It felt strange to stand among the sparsely grown trees and cattails once again. And yet each time his coat brushed up against them, the tom could not help a deeply rooted sense of completion. There was no doubting his Shadowclan orgins, inside or out, even with the strong Riverclan build he also boasted quite well. The sodden ground only slowed his steps ever so slightly, tugging at his coat and knotting the silken strands together. He had lost whatever endless desire begged his tongue to rid every hair of muck. Now it was only the debris that caused irritation to bud in his chest. A primal sensation demanded attention to the state of his coat. Thankfully, the warrior had long ago tamed that sensation for proper times. When the situation demanded it. Or if overwhelming emotion prompted him to lap at his shoulders. What a funny quirk for such a bold and strong tom. Lichenmask's son always supposed it came from growing up around all the hay that often embedded itself into his coat. But who could say. It was merely an inconvenience at best. His tail flicked at the thought, recently groomed tail splaying like a feather in the wind. As he padded across the camp, still in shambles in several places, the calico's gaze rested upon one particular other, a cat whose site had faded in one eye. Asterspark.

Many moons ago, he had first realized the potential in the apprentice and mentor duo of Frog and Asterspark. Both appeared to be lazy or unproductive to many, but every cat held their own wonderful appeal. It was one of the many wonderful things he had grown to appreciate. There had been a lot of disdain moon over moon towards the mindless nature of clan cats but it was awe-inspiring, to the point he was at now, to see such a thing. Without a doubt he knew that this particular warrior would be an asset to their cause for revolution. All it would take was an affirmation. A warm smile crossed his maw as he approached and twisted his head slightly in greeting. In a mere matter of moments, as they stepped through the camp walls, his horizons would be widened and if all went well, this would be the start to the next phase. Together they would make Scorchstar see... or find another way to rise from the fractured remains of the clans. One blink, "Would you join me for a patrol? I'm sure we could all use some more dry moss." As if to emphasize his point, he raise a claw and fliched away some of the mud with a twitch of his whiskers.

The Picture is Clear [Closed] Img_0310

⌘ Auburnflare // Tier 2 Warrior // Thunderclan // SteelBlue ⌘
✿ Littlesplash // Tier 2 Medicine Cat // Riverclan // MediumAquamarine ✿
⁂ Heatherfrost // Tier 1 Warrior // Windclan // MediumOrchid ⁂
✲ Crabpaw // Apprentice // Shadowclan // FireBrick ✲

☆☆☆ Ask me about my past characters for lore, or Moonstone Journeys. ☆☆☆

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptyTue 21 May 2019 - 10:11

Ever since whatever remained of ShadowClan returned from the shores by the lake caused by the flood, Asterspark’s emotions have bounced up and down and all over the place. Joy from rejoicing with Poppyheart and Thornbriar battled the sorrow of losing both his biological and adopted mothers, on top of his father losing his second life to a fallen tree. And now, he once again felt torn between happy and sad. He was back in his own territory in his own camp with Thornbriar ... but Poppyheart had been sent away once again to save the Clan cats that remained in the mountains. He knew that, once Poppyheart returned, everything would begin going back to normal again. Well ... as normal as things could get from here on out.

Asterspark looked up at the voice of one of his friends. He turned to Burntstag as he approached, offering a lazy swish of his tail and an easy-going smile. ”Heh, sure, why not? It’ll sure beat lichen around camp all day.”

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Characters : Auburnflare; Littlesplash; Heatherfrost; Crabpaw | Copper was here <3 Rom 2 c:
Clan/Rank : Tier 2 Warrior - Thunderclan [A]; Tier 2 Medicine Cat - Riverclan [L]; Apprentice - Windclan [H]; Apprentice - Shadowclan [C]
Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptyWed 22 May 2019 - 12:54

Although the half-grin across his maw widened at the statement and his whiskers twitched, there was also a good-natured flash of the whites of his eyes, a roll at the humor. Asterspark was certainly known for his affinity for a good joke, something that spared little conversation from it. Burntstag was sure he would have found it aggravating in his youth but as familiar to it as he was, it was almost a comfort to see that the tom was still himself. It must have been hard to see his own father lose a life even if it did not strip the leader from the realm of the leader. He remembered thinking that things might have been easier in that case and quickly banishing the thought. There was an internal struggle he'd found himself stuck on: Scorchstar. The mental comparison between the clan leader and his birth father was annoying redundant in his mind, something he couldn't shake. But his greatest concern came from the idea that Asterspark's father would not see reason. What would happen after? His ear twitched. That was a concern they would figure out later.

Turning, the long-furred calico lead the way out of camp, through the ragged entrance that was still in need of immense repair. Something about it brought back a long forgotten memory of the hole splintered in the worn barn wall. He almost laughed out loud thinking about how long ago those days were. And as he looked over the wreckage of the territory, Burntstag begun to speak aloud, "As a kit, I never thought the territories could see such a state. Both Lichenmask and Shade, that awful creature, had such a desire for these lands. But there's more than just land here... there's potential. It's funny to think something so long ago still has a place in my mind. Suppose it's important for some reason?" His green gaze burned into Asterspark as the unanswered question hung in the air. He found himself wondering how much the other tom knew about his time in the barn, about the regime. Maybe Asterspark would tell him, or perhaps he could ask. With a flick of his tail, he banished the thought. Oh, how the mind wandered.

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptyWed 22 May 2019 - 17:47

Asterspark's ear flicked in surprise at the mention of two of the worst tyrants the forest had ever known. It was easy to forget Burntstag -- as well as his sister Littlesun and his late brother Slatestrike -- hadn't been born in ShadowClan, but to RiverClan's Lichenmask and ShadowClan's Bushgaze during their exiles. Those three were not pure ShadowClan, but half-Clan with RiverClan blood running through their veins. Just like his older half-brother Shade. That monster had been born to Scorchstar and his first mate Sweet before she had been exiled from RiverClan, he remembered his father telling him and his brother that. He hadn't seemed to be too shy in telling the two of them all about his life before becoming deputy. Perhaps he had been trying to set a good example and encourage them not to follow his pawprints in that regard. Not that he had wanted to anyway, he and Poppyheart were as loyal as could be to ShadowClan.

The bluish-gray tom noticed Burntstag staring at him, as if waiting for an answer to what he had assumed to be a rhetorical question. He cleared his throat, the fur on his shoulders twitching. "Uh, yeah, I guess so." He couldn't help but wander his thoughts into territories he had thought he would never go. How could his father have conceived such an awful cat such as Shade? All the rest of his kits had been completely normal -- well, normal in comparison anyway -- yet his firstborn had taken pleasure in terrorizing the forest territories for many moons before his demise. How in StarClan's name could he and his sweet brother Poppyheart be related to such a cruel cat?

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptySun 26 May 2019 - 14:04

He paused, stopping almost suddenly and half hearing the words that came from Asterspark's maw. Something about the tom in that moment reminded him of Canren, the soft offspring of Shade. Once, he'd only seen the older tom as soft and weak but now as he had grown himself and matured in his understanding of the world, he would have found the tom a worthy acquaintance. In fact... they likely would have shared similar goals. Burntstag felt a pang of sympathy for cats who grew up in the clan with a thinly lain veil over than eyes, one he had once worn underneath Lichenmask. He found himself musing aloud once more, "Shade had a son. A cat with compassion and care. He's one of the reasons Littlesun and I made it to Shadowclan. It's interesting to see how cats cust from the same cloth can be so different, and yet the rest of his kits were just like their father. I've found myself wondering lately what kind of cat could have fathered Shade. I know his kin was from the clans... could there be more like him here?" It was more than he had intended to say but the thoughts rambled. Normally, he would have rushed into the point but Asterspark likely needed a gentler conversation to lead into the radical thoughts. This was something that would be vastly different from the life they'd ever known. Besides, it wasn't bad to have a pleasant conversation with a friend. They would get there eventually.

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptyMon 3 Jun 2019 - 20:38

(OOC: Super sorry if this post turns out short and crappy. ;n;)

Well, this was certainly news to him. Asterspark knew his evil half-brother had had at least a daughter, because she had been the mother of Laurellight, his half-grandniece. Thanks to her, he believed that evil could produce good, but he had no idea that evil could directly cause good without skipping a generation. Then again ... now that he thought about it, he remembered Laurellight speaking of her uncle Canren, who had been Shade's son. She had spoken very highly of him. Was that the son Burntstag was referring to?

At Burntstag's question, Asterspark subtly rose a foreleg in an attempt to shrug. "Eh, pro'bly a RiverClan tom, since Shade's mother was originally RiverClan herself. That, or she raised him all by herself. Though, it was around the time Ivystar ruled RiverClan I believe, so I'm pretty sure she was able to drag an unfortunate RiverClan tom into her drama." He fixed his friend with a curious stare. "What's makin' ya think about Shade and your life outside 'a ShadowClan, anyway, Burnt? You haven't spoken about any 'a this stuff before."

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptyTue 4 Jun 2019 - 20:35

His gaze fixated on the path ahead and for a moment he said nothing. Behind him, the feathery calico tail tip twitched ever so slightly, betraying the life that flowed through his veins. Underneath the fur and flesh, his blood coursed hot and warm, invigorating. Burntstag's long troubled mind had been filled with some semblance of clarity and yet he felt as if he could take on the forest with one single paw. It was a strange sensation, especially considering everything that had run through his mind not a moment earlier. The talk of Canren, of the past, it was so menial compared to everything that was to come but there were aspects of it that had shaped his thoughts and had become so crucial to the development of his ideals. Although a sigh would have been fitting, the tom locked it away in the back of his throat and met Asterspark's gaze, "I've never forgotten these things that have happened, they've never left my mind. It's hard to learn from the past if the only thing you do is look to the future."

While the words were meant for his hunting companion, admittedly it was a good reminder to himself as well. The little moments with the tom he had once construed as weak, Shade's stupidly treacherous ways, and Lichenmask's abuse of the already disintegrating warrior code, all were integral to his development. Now he let the sigh escape in a low exhale from sides of his maw, glancing away for only a brief moment before returning his friend's gaze, "There have been so many things over these moons, Asterspark, that have proven the clans are going to keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Soon, cats will fight, kill even, for territory once more. Everyone is so wrapped up in tradition, what their parents have done... that we forget to be like Canren and seek a better way. Well, I can't see the cats I love die because of something so trivial. Something has to be done."

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 5:52

Something has to be done? What did Burntstag mean when he said that? Before Asterspark could speak aloud his thoughts, something small and brown darted out of the cover of rocks and mushrooms in front of him, and he instinctively lashed out a clawed paw to trap a mouse. He bent down to bite the back of its neck to kill it, and he bad touch some wet earth over it to keep its scent hidden from hungry predators. "Heh, sorry, just couldn't let that opportunity pass me by. Uh, anyway, back to what you said. What do you mean? What do you think can be done about all this? Do you have any ideas? I agree with you, I wanna make ShadowClan safer as well." If not for himself, then definitely for his beloved brother Poppyheart, as well as his long-time crush Thornbriar.

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers

Last edited by Yoshachu Scorchachu on Mon 10 Jun 2019 - 5:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 14824

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 5:52

The member 'Yoshachu Scorchachu' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

The Picture is Clear [Closed] Mistpe10
The Picture is Clear [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ripped
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Ripped

Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptyMon 10 Jun 2019 - 21:30

A sharp intake of breath as his gaze focused on a spot behind his companion once more. The brief pause for prey had not hindered his thoughts that now zeroed in on his goal. It was on the tip of his tongue, as tangible as the aroma of mouse that now danced over his tongue as it drafted into his parted maw. Burntstag's brief smirk at the other tom disappeared as quickly as it flashed across his expression, giving way to a grim tone, "Cats won't like it. Most don't like change... but we must abandon the code of our ancestors. It's the only way. For moons it has been said to be a guide for the clans but instead of peace and thriving, it is all war and death. Many cats break the code and go back on the word they have sworn to follow. This is no life of honor." A flick of his tail, "I want to tell Scorchstar, so we might save Shadowclan. But I fear that he won't listen to what I have to say..." He trailed off, his eyes flickering to the side before flickering to Asterspark's once more. Staring into the other warrior's eyes, his word were not pleading, instead factual, "I need your help."

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Aquarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] EmptyTue 11 Jun 2019 - 20:38

Asterspark wasn't entirely sure why he was so surprised by this. He himself always saw the warrior code as flawed for many reasons, but it was still a little strange to hear a friend of his voicing his same thoughts. But he was correct -- the warrior code did very little to protect those who followed it, as more and more cats just end up breaking it anyway, resulting in little punishment in most cases. Even if he and Coldgaze had made up ever since Poppyheart's return to the Clans, at the time of his brother's disappearance he had definitely wanted Scorchstar and Jaystar to do something greater in severity for Coldgaze's punishment than just switching Clans.

The code has caused nothing but hardship for him and his brother all their lives, and he knew the same went for many other cats, including his own father who had experienced being subject to breaking the code a couple times in his life that led to dire consequences in the form of Shade's terrifying reign in the forest. Perhaps Burntstag was right. Perhaps ShadowClan would fare better if they drifted away from the code. Perhaps he could protect his brother, family, and Clanmates better if this happened.

He looked his friend in the eye and nodded resolutely. "I'll do all I can to help you, Burntstag. Just tell me what ya need from me, and I'll do it."

Current Events

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Picture is Clear [Closed]   The Picture is Clear [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Picture is Clear [Closed]
Page 1 of 1