Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Catching Up on Lost Time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 880

Catching Up on Lost Time Empty
PostSubject: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptySat May 04, 2019 12:33 pm

(taking place just before the Thundering winds topic, it's just a small hunting thing to accelerate Moth's requirements. This would have happened sooner but life is an issue so I hope this isn't crossing any lines. We'll avoid discussing any issues that may cause a paradox)

Pebbles crunching beneath Thornbriar's heavy paws, the she-cat paced about their makeshift camp. The kits were currently spending time with that apprentice that seemed to be taking so much interest in them, so she had a moment to herself.

And for some reason, she didn't know what to do with it.

Any other day, she'd have a clear goal in mind, but lately she hadn't been able to focus. Grief tugged at the corners of her mind, and she hated how it was threatening to render her useless. She needed something to do... something to prove to herself that she was still the warrior she'd fought to become.

Her eye flicked to the temporary fresh-kill pile.

Noting the lack of prey, Thornbriar immediately spun and padded off to locate her apprentice.

Wasppaw sat beside Mothpaw silently, her gaze fixed on the surface of the lake.

She knew she should be speaking with the apprentice, making small talk or... saying something at least? But she couldn't bring herself to try.

How could she? Words didn't come to mind anymore. She'd approached the Shadowclan she-cat to try and comfort her, but instead all she'd managed to do was sit beside Mothpaw and shuffle her paws awkwardly.

This was stupid... she shouldn't have even tried.

You're useless anyways, you couldn't even help Brookpaw.

Pain lanced through the tortie's chest at the sudden thought and it took all she had to not gasp at the feeling. Tears stung her eyes, but she blinked them back quickly. She wasn't about to let Mothpaw see her cry. That wasn't fair to her...

Why would she care?

The silence dragged on, Wasppaw tucking her tail more firmly around her petite paws and subtly turning her face away from her fellow apprentice.

The strife tearing at her was cut off abruptly by heavy pawsteps approaching the apprentices at a rapid pace, followed by a harsh, gravelly voice.

"Mothpaw come, we're going hunting."

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Catching Up on Lost Time QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptySat May 04, 2019 1:03 pm

Mothpaw was uncharacteristically quiet, and didn't even offer a verbal greeting when Wasppaw approached. That was the clearest clue that something was wrong, that the overly energetic and rather loud apprentice was reduced to being silent and still. The only movement she made was to swipe her paw at the ground, frustrated. She wanted to... To not. To not be alone, not be sad anymore, not be unhappy. Everything felt... The same. Watching the water, watching the clouds, or watching the cats around them. It didn't make her happy, and just being happy was what she wanted. In addition to her home and her family and being sure she'd still have those things, but happiness was supposed to be something she could have. For Mothpaw, it was something she was pretty sure she was supposed to have. She didn't have any idea what she was when she wasn't.

She felt bad for the other apprentice, who she vaguely recognized from her first and only actual Gathering (hadn't she been the one to call the SkyClan leader an apprentice?), but she wasn't sure how to express that feeling. To act like her usual self, bright and cheerful and loudly asking questions, seemed wrong. So she remained silent and still, aside from the paw that was digging her claws into the dirt. Before she could get too lost in her sad thoughts, though, her mentor's voice tore her attention from the sky. Trying to act like she was fine, because the last thing their group needed now was more problems to deal with, she avoided meeting her mentor's gaze. "Okay," she said, and it came out a lot quieter and more uninterested-sounding than she'd intended it to. Maybe that was what she needed, though? Hunting might actually be fun. "Is Wasppaw coming too?" She was pretty sure that was the other apprentice's name, but the Gathering where they'd first met felt like it happened a lifetime ago.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptySat May 04, 2019 1:39 pm

A curt nod from the Shadowclan queen was Mothpaw's only answer before the large she-cat began walking away from the two apprentices... unsure of how to handle Mothpaw's current mood when her own was already so... torrential.

Wasppaw hadn't been expecting the sudden interaction, but she'd been expecting the invitation to tag along even less. Eyes wide with startled confusion, the tortie hesitantly glanced between Thorbriar's massive, scar-laced back and Mothpaw, who still stood beside her. "U-uh... s-sure, I'll come along..."

A long, awkward pause filled the silence between them before Wasp got to her paws and spoke again, her words clumsy and uncertain. "You're um... Mothpaw, right? I've heard your name a little bit since we got here... I think I saw you at the gathering?"

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptySat May 04, 2019 1:52 pm

"Yeah, that's how I recognized you. At least, I think I did? ...Um, it is Wasppaw, right? I don't wanna call you by something that's not your name," Mothpaw said, her neutral expression wavering for just a moment and giving way to confusion. "Sorry if it's not." Conversations weren't usually this difficult... "Do you like hunting?" she asked after a moment. Hunting was a safe topic, probably, and it led her into another one, too. "What do you do for fun?"

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptyMon May 06, 2019 10:11 pm

"Y-yeah... it's Wasppaw." Gah, was it normally so hard to talk to a cat her age? Wasppaw's pelt warmed in slight embarrassment at the memory of her first introduction to the clans, recalling how those stupid Skyclan apprentices had got in her face...

The thought made the slightest flicker of fire flare up in her chest.

I dare them to try something like that now.

Turning her soft blue gaze back to Mothpaw, she smiled awkwardly "Yeah, hunting is fun, but I don't have a lot of experience with it... and uh... fun? I like ice sliding! But there isn't any ice anymore... Oh, and I like fishing! That's fun!" She grinned, then motioned towards the large warrior that was glaring back at the two from a good distance away. "We should.. probably follow her I think? She looks like she's getting annoyed. Anyways, how about you? What do you super spooky Shadowclanners do for fun?"

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptyMon May 06, 2019 10:21 pm

"Thornbriar? She's always like that, but she's actually not scary at all! What's ice sliding?" Mothpaw asked, seeming genuinely interested in what the other apprentice was saying even as she sped up to chase after her mentor. "Am I spooky? I don't think I'm spooky... But I used to like catching bugs! I had a whole pile of moths, 'cause I'm a Mothpaw! But I guess they're all gone now, huh..." Remembering how far from home they were, her expression grew solemn, but she forced a smile after a moment. "I'll just have to find more! But right now we have to find some prey to catch..."

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:07 pm

Thornbriar rolled her eye as the apprentices finally began trotting towards her. However, rather than snapping at the two, she just turned and continued walking, leading them further from camp. The Mothpaw hadn't had a lot of time to socialize lately... and even she could tell the kit wasn't much in the mood for it lately.

Wasppaw giggled at Mothpaw's words as she chased after the other apprentice. "So she's the crabby type? Scorchclaw is like that sometimes too, and that's the best time to prank him... wait, you don't know what ice sliding is? Do you guys even get ice in your territory? I can't believe your mom never taught you how. My mom did! My mom's the best. She taught me a lot of things!" The apprentice beamed at the thought of Swanpetal... only for her face to fall once again at the realization that she might never see her again.

"I miss her..."

As the two drew nearer, Thornbriar caught the last few snippets of their conversation. Suddenly remembering who's kit this was, Thornbriar glanced at the small tortoiseshell and sighed. Swanpetal's rat spawn looked like she was about to burst into tears, and Thornbriar wasn't exactly good at dealing with situations like that. "Ice sliding is that thing that Swanpetal taught you, isn't it." Her words didn't come out as a question, rather a confirmation.

Nodding at the warrior's words, Wasppaw lifted her head again and smiled sadly. "It's okay, we're gonna do it again next leafbare. I'm sure of it... I don't really think you guys are scary by the way, other cats like to say you are though. I never imagined that you guys would do things like catch moths though. I don't really collect anything... but maybe I should? There's a lot of pretty pebbles near the river and the kit pools. I dunno, I spend a lot of time exploring though. Sometimes I help out in the medicine cat's den too, though that's usually cuz Scorchclaw tells me to."

Mildly pleased that they'd avoided a complete breakdown from Wasppaw, Thornbriar flicked her tail to catch the two young cats' attention. "We're here. Mothpaw, you know what to do... I assume Wasppaw should as well. Stay close. Let me know if you find trouble."

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:23 pm

At the mention of mothers, Mothpaw lowered her gaze to the ground. "No, I've never even heard of ice sliding," she said quietly. She'd found her mother's body shortly after finding Thornbriar, and she wished she could at least have the uncertainty again. Be able to convince herself that maybe Minnowcall was alright, just like Scorchstar and Silentpaw were. They had to be.

Still, sad thoughts aside, Mothpaw nodded at Thornbriar's words, though one thing she'd said confused her. She didn't bother asking just yet, however - there would be time for that after she caught something. For now, she crouched as low as she could and looked around her. A short distance away, she spotted it: a frog, something familiar even when the ground under her paws was different.   It was almost comforting, knowing that wherever they were now had frogs too; like maybe they weren't so far from home after all. Focus! she thought, feeling her thoughts drift further from her current task (and, thankfully, further from the dark places they had been going before). Catch it!

That thought fresh in her mind, she drew closer, pouncing on the frog as soon as she felt she'd come close enough to do so. Killing it quickly, she whispered a thanks to StarClan for its life and carried it back to Thornbriar. Dropping it at her paws, she finally voiced the question that had been on her mind as she hunted. "Who's Swanpetal?"

Last edited by Holly on Mon May 06, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15014

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:23 pm

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 1

Catching Up on Lost Time Mistpe10
Catching Up on Lost Time Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:31 pm

Wasppaw was off not long after Thornbriar had told them to go for it. She already knew she was bad at hunting, but she wasn't a bad fisherand so with that in mind she immediately began to head for the water. Wading in till the cool liquid lapped at her belly fur, the tortoiseshell began scanning the water for any odd movement.

It wasn't long till she spotted one and she stilled herself to wait for the perfect moment. Her paw hovering just above the water, she struck with lightning fast claws the instant the fish made the mistake of drawing too close. She almost missed, instead clipping the fish's tail rather than it's side, but with another swift strike she had it in her grasp.

She scooped it up quickly, sinking her teeth into it's shimmering scales and lifting her head high to show off her catch. Scorchclaw would probably be offended by such a sloppy catch, but thankfully he wasn't anywhere nearby.

Watching the two hunt, Thornbriar wasn't surprised to see her apprentice return first. Pride flickered in her chest at the sight of Moth's clean catch. However, she was surprised by the dark furred she-cat's question. "Swanpetal?" Why was she interested? Thornbriar shifted uncomfortably. She didn't like admitting that she was relatively close with the Riverclanner, but at the same time it didn't feel right keeping the information from Mothpaw. "She's Wasppaw's mother... a Riverclan cat. I met her long before you were born."

Wasppaw approached not long after, her legs and belly soaked with lakewater as she plopped the still twitching fish down at Thornbriar's feet, clearly proud of her catch.

The massive she-cat cringed at the sight. Fish... did not look appetizing in the slightest. It didn't help that the Riverclanner hadn't killed it yet. "For Magpiestar's sake, but the thing out of it's misery. Didn't Scorchclaw teach you better?"

"Oops... sorry. Forgot!" Wasppaw did as she was told, mumbling a clumsy thanks for giving it's life for her clan before ending it's life and sitting back on her haunches.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Last edited by Kari on Mon May 06, 2019 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptyMon May 06, 2019 11:31 pm

The member 'Kari' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptyTue May 07, 2019 12:29 am

"Ohh! Is she your friend?" Mothpaw asked, perking up again with a complete lack of tact. She paused, considering something, before continuing with, "Do you actually have any friends? You should," she said firmly, almost as if trying to instruct her mentor. Thinking of the other cats from the Twolegplace, in particular Lynxtail and Strom since they were washed up here too, she added, "They're important!"

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptyTue May 07, 2019 12:36 am

Taken aback by the complete shift in mood, Thorn internally groaned. Now she understood why she was wary of sharing her and Swanpetal's friendship with the black tabby. "... Yeah, right. On that note."

Not bothering to finish her sentence, the warrior immediately began to stride away from the two apprentices. She wasn't about to stick around that. Besides, she'd be needing to bring something back as well and she certainly wasn't about to return empty clawed.

Before long she caught sight of her prey and dropped into a practiced crouch. The toad ahead of them was busy resting atop a smooth sun-warmed stone, oblivious to the approaching threat.

Dashing forward she had the plump little amphibian in her grasp within moments. It squealed in panic, but it's cry was quickly cut short with a swift snap of her jaws over it's neck.

Taking a moment to look the newly caught fresh-kill over, she nodded in satisfaction and picked it up. Padding past the two apprentices, she nodded to them. "Let's head back. Good work today, kits."

Frowning at the warrior's use of kit towards her, Wasppaw scooped up her fish and trotted after Thornbriar.

"H-hey! I'm not a kit!"

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Last edited by Kari on Tue May 07, 2019 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time EmptyTue May 07, 2019 12:36 am

The member 'Kari' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up on Lost Time   Catching Up on Lost Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Catching Up on Lost Time
Page 1 of 1