Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Ready, Set, Nope.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 879

Ready, Set, Nope. Empty
PostSubject: Ready, Set, Nope.   Ready, Set, Nope. EmptyWed 6 Feb 2019 - 9:44

She hadn't been looking forward to this. Up until now, Mothpaw had been primarily accompanying her sister around camp as the she-cat recovered, so Thornbriar hadn't had to worry about truly training her. After the journey to the gathering however, Silentpaw had clearly recovered enough that she didn't need complete supervision. Eyes were on her to see how she'd handle the she-cat, as well as her newest apprentice, Silverpaw. The apprentice she'd been assigned just yesterday... Thornbriar groaned internally. How did people expect her to figure out how to deal with not one, but two kits? She wasn't incapable of handling difficult assignments but...

Kits.

Sighing, the she-cat mulled over her options as she stood from her nest and gave her pelt a firm shake. She, like usual, skipped the the process of actually taking the time to groom her pelt, and exited the warrior's den. She took enough care to weave around the nests of Asterspark and Wildstrike, but had no problem tromping on the other stray tails or paws that seemed to always stick out of someone's nest and in her way. The rising sun assaulted the she-cat's eyes in a way that could only be described as unholy as she stretched out her sleep-stiff muscles. She had half a mind to nudge Mothpaw awake and have her fetch Silverpaw, but thought better of it. With a sigh, she crossed the camp and looked at the opening to the apprentice's den. She narrowed her eye, considering the fact that she herself had been sleeping in here just a few moons or so ago, despite her age. Squeezing inside of the smaller den, she let her gaze slide over the sleeping lumps of fur. It didn't take her long to locate Mothpaw, after all she just had to look for the only nest she housing two cats. Padding over to the sleeping sisters curled tightly around each other, she prodded the much darker pelt till the apprentice began to stir. "Get up." She grumbled, gravelly voice lowered just enough so as to not wake up Silentpaw.

One down...

She turned around, having a somewhat difficult time moving her large mass easily in the more confined space. It took a bit more time to locate the younger apprentice, but as soon as she had she moved over to him to do the same. Weaving around the sleeping bodies, she nudged him into consciousness. "It's time." Having successfully roused both apprentices, she made her way out of the cramped den and bee-lined towards the camp entrance to wait for them. If nothing else, she was glad to be out of the apprentice's den. That was definitely one of the perks of being a warrior. Stray paws and tails aside, the den was big enough that she could navigate it without much difficulty.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Ready, Set, Nope. QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
RamenDoodle

RamenDoodle

Characters : (Ha)Hawkpaw, (M)Maplepaw, (H)Hex, (C)Cloverpaw
Clan/Rank : (Ha)RC (M)WC, (H)Rogue, (C)SkC, (S)SC
Number of posts : 219

Ready, Set, Nope. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready, Set, Nope.   Ready, Set, Nope. EmptyThu 7 Feb 2019 - 5:10

Silverpaw twitched his ears as he felt someone nudge his flank. Opening his hazel eyes slightly, he saw the outline of his new mentor, Thornbriar, walking out of the den. Knowing that it was time for his first day of training, The fluffy tom stretched his paws in the air, and then arching his back in a long stretch. He opened his mouth in a wide yawn, then trotted out to meet Thornbriar."Where are we going first?" He asked calmly, blinking the sleep from his eyes. He looked longingly back toward the apprentices den. He would rather be sleeping right now, but going on his patrol kept him from walking back.

Ping me on discord if i need to post!

~My Kitters~
Hawkpaw~Tom~RC~20/80~Apprentice~0033ff
Hex~She-Cat~Rogue~45/140~330066
Maplepaw~She-Cat~WC~20/80~Apprentice~cc3300
Cloverpaw~She-cat~SkC~20/80~Apprentice~00cc00
Silverpaw~Tom~SC~20/80~Apprentice~9999ff
Random Gif Of The Week
Ready, Set, Nope. 185?cb=20120408181220
Ready, Set, Nope. 2TNfm5
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6020

Ready, Set, Nope. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready, Set, Nope.   Ready, Set, Nope. EmptyFri 8 Feb 2019 - 1:08

While Mothpaw missed her original mentor, Thornbriar was supposed to take over her training while he was missing, she was still excited to actually learn things - without the pressure of being kidnapped by Twolegs. And she had a friend now! "Yeah! Where are we going? What are you going to teach us? Are we going to catch a fox?" Looking at the large, tough warrior that was Thornbriar, Mothpaw had no doubts that she had probably fought off several foxes in her lifetime. Maybe she could teach them how! "I wanna catch a fox! One attacked us when we were in the Twolegplace, but we couldn't catch that one... I bet you could've caught it, though!" She was never still, and never seemed to need to catch her breath, bouncing excitedly from one side to the other.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

Ready, Set, Nope. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready, Set, Nope.   Ready, Set, Nope. EmptyFri 8 Feb 2019 - 2:41

At least one of them was calm.

Thornbriar had just opened her mouth to answer the little silver tabby's question when Mothpaw cut in with a flurry of chatter. She stared blandly at the kit, finding it hard to believe that she was actually as old as she was. And what was she on about with all this fox chatter? Quirking a brow at the little she-cat, she nearly sighed as she realized this would likely be a long trip. Eyeing the two 'warriors in the making' staring at her expectantly, she resisted the urge to return to her nest and pretend this had never happened.

"Patrolling." She grunted, turning and motioning with her tail for the apprentices to follow.... only to realize that they likely didn't know what tail signals meant yet. Looking back at them, she flicked her ear. "That... means come along. And no, we're not going to, uh, 'catch' any foxes." ... She hoped. The warrior turned her sharp green gaze to Mothpaw. "I don't exactly recommend seeking them out either."

It didn't usually end well.

The she-cat's rough, husky voice continued. "Today we'll be looking around the territory. I expect you both to pay attention to your surroundings. If you two behave, we can begin hunting practice after. Shadowclan territory may seem overwhelming to you right now, but if you're smart you'll be able to find your way around quickly enough." Thornbriar winced at the gravelly sound of her words. She wasn't used to having to talk this much... How did the others do it? "Use your nose, eyes, ears, and most importantly, your head. Right now it's Leafbare. That means things will look very different when it warms up. That being said, you will need to memorize landmarks, or consider yourself lost. I won't be very happy if I have to come out here and find one of you because you decide to go on an adventure." She looked pointedly at the young she-cat. If the kit was smart, she'd never have to go through something like that again... but that was a big if.

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
RamenDoodle

RamenDoodle

Ready, Set, Nope. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready, Set, Nope.   Ready, Set, Nope. EmptyMon 11 Feb 2019 - 9:13

(OOC: sry for the late-ish reply!)

Silverpaw jumped a little as the other apprentice suddenly started spitting out questions. 'How is a cat able to talk that much?! and so fast!', he thought after regaining himself. He heard Thornbriar reply to his question, obviously a bit annoyed. Silverpaw watched as she suddenly turned around, waving her tail. He sat in confusion, cocking his head as she turned around again. He noted that he should remember that a tail wave means to follow the cat. Silverpaw zoned out a bit as his mentor started going on about what they were doing. He snapped back to reality when he hard Thornbriar saying something about not being happy. Panicked, Silverpaw leaned over toward Mothpaw and whispered into her ear. "Psst, what are we doing again?" He hoped Thornbriar wouldn't hear.

~My Kitters~
Random Gif Of The Week
Ready, Set, Nope. 2TNfm5
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

Ready, Set, Nope. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready, Set, Nope.   Ready, Set, Nope. EmptyFri 15 Feb 2019 - 6:59

Mothpaw glanced over at Silverpaw, her tail twitching with excitement. "I'm not sure... I think we're just supposed to follow her for now? I don't think I wanna make her mad, she looks scary... But that probably means she's really strong, too! I'm sure she'll tell us when we need to do something. That's what mentors do, right?"

Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

Ready, Set, Nope. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready, Set, Nope.   Ready, Set, Nope. EmptySat 16 Feb 2019 - 12:02

Thornbriar's ear twitched at the apprentices' hushed voices. She couldn't quite pick up what the kits were saying, but frowned nonetheless. "Pay attention." She growled, stopping and facing the two. She wasn't about to let them chatter away like birds when they had better things they could be focusing their attention on, they could do that in their free time. Even so, they had reached their first destination. Narrowing her good eye on them, she flicked her tail in the direction of the large, scorched trunk of what probably used to be a tree, but was now split and blackened. Thornbriar looked over the ancient tree, remembering a time when she and her brother had trained among the undergrowth surrounding the Burnt Sycamore. Now, in leafbare, the landmark was surrounded by enough snow and frost to give the scene a lonely, barren feel. Her gaze softened at the thought, but only slightly. Looking back at her apprentices, she nodded to them.

"Tell me what you think that is."

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
RamenDoodle

RamenDoodle

Ready, Set, Nope. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready, Set, Nope.   Ready, Set, Nope. EmptyWed 20 Feb 2019 - 3:21

Silverpaw's eyes jumped forward when he heard Thornbriar's sharp voice cut though the air. "Sorry, Thornbriar." He said, looking forward now. He saw that  they were approaching a pitch black upright thing. The fluffy silver tom glanced over at it, at the same time making sure he listened to his mentor's question. Thinking, he looked around. He saw that it somewhat looked like a tree, but comparing it to the others, he saw that it looked different. "Is it a tree or something? It doesn't much look like the others." Silverpaw mewed, cocking his head in a confused way. Why was it black? It looked like at the faintest touch of it's bark it would come off. And why did it smell so different from the other trees? His mind was filled with millions of questions, but he felt that Thornbriar would answer them.

~My Kitters~
Random Gif Of The Week
Ready, Set, Nope. 2TNfm5
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

Ready, Set, Nope. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready, Set, Nope.   Ready, Set, Nope. EmptyWed 20 Feb 2019 - 12:27

Mothpaw looked at the thing Thornbriar pointed them towards along with Silverpaw. "I think Silverpaw's right," she said after a moment's thought. "It looks kind of like a tree, but also different. What is it?" And then, a moment later: "Is it going to eat us if we don't guess right?" Thornbriar wouldn't have brought them here if it would, right?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ready, Set, Nope. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready, Set, Nope.   Ready, Set, Nope. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ready, Set, Nope.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-