Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Thorn In My Side (o p e n)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kari

Kari

Characters : Mutiny // Webkit // Roachkit
Clan/Rank : Loner // SC Kit // RC Kit
Capricorn Cat
Number of posts : 880

Thorn In My Side (o p e n) Empty
PostSubject: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 19:04

Rage.

That was all Thornpaw knew. It was the sole source of her determination. Her only reason for survival.

Rage drove her.

Rage sustained her.

And rage was what guided her home.

Scarred, battered, and fueled by a fire that had still yet to be snuffed out by the cruelties of the world (not for a lack of trying), Thornpaw stalked through the barren swampland she'd called home many moons ago. Her remaining green eye swept over the mud and murk laden territory with a cold, sharp gaze. Would this land still welcome her back into it's barbed embrace? Once upon a time, her loyalty to the clan that had birthed her would have screamed 'Yes!' without hesitation. But that time had passed. She had no interest in pledging her undying loyalty to a clan riddled with weakness and failure.

That being said, she had nowhere else to go. Hers was the life of a Shadowclan warrior, and for now that was how it would stay. Regardless of Littlestar's choices in how she lead the clan, Thornpaw needed to return. The she-cat quite simply had nothing left, but that didn't mean she'd simply accept how things were. Her little escapade through twoleg territory had taught her a valuable lesson about camaraderie.

It didn't exist.

The twolegs had done things to her. Changed her, and over her countless moons of captivity she remembered very little. Fighting for her life, swiping, biting, screeching in fury as they grabbed and pinned her... then nothing. Her scars were different now. When she'd awoken next her right eye, the one that had been destroyed such a long time ago, felt hollow and strange. She'd gotten used to seeing with only one eye a very long time ago, but now the skin around the area felt taut... alien. Her eyelid had been sealed shut, and a portion her other scars seemed to have vanished under the twolegs' careful manipulations.

She hated it.

Her world had been altered dramatically after that. She was disoriented, taken to faraway places, confined in cramped little boxes within deafening monsters. Her escape had been a one in a million chance... and she knew it.

Her gaze narrowed as she the Shadowclan camp came into sight. She'd yet to run into a single sentry or patrol, leading her to question what exactly it was that those mouse-brained fools were thinking... She'd encountered more rogues and loners on her journey home than clan cats.

★☆★ Take what you can ★☆★

Thorn In My Side (o p e n) QNTjwT2

Mutiny  |  Webkit  |  Roachkit
Loner  |  Shadowclan Kit  |  Riverclan Kit
40/100  |  10/30  |  10/30

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 2609

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 19:54

Frog had been craving action for day now; she swore that Asterspark was keeping her from battle training just to make her mad, and it was working. The gray ShadowClan apprentice stalked in a clearing outside of camp, occasionally practicing what battle moves she knew with whatever leaf or stick she could find to attack. Leaf-bare was drawing nearer and soon all the Clans would be vulnerable; Frog needed to be able to defend ShadowClan's territory from all those other prey-stealing Clans! After several long moments of pacing, the she-cat's ears perked up at the sound of paws crunching in the pine needles. Frog froze and scented the air, wondering if she could jump on and surprise a Clanmate - and then she realized that the cat scent had no ShadowClan.

"Intruder!" Frog yowled, and without another moment's hesitation she raced from around some brush to see another she-cat a bit larger than she was, missing one eye and with some other odd scars here and there. Frog wasted no time lunging for the intruder, tackling the other cat to the ground with a battle cry, trying to warn her Clanmates in camp nearby.

Thorn In My Side (o p e n) VWfKplK
Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

art by sumashira [me] - click image to see profiles
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptyTue 4 Dec 2018 - 21:39

A piercing screech was the only warning Thornpaw had before she slammed into the ground and the breath was ripped from her lungs. Her assailant, whether intentionally or not, had seemingly taken advantage of her blind spot and charged her full force. Fury building, Thornpaw rolled to blindly kick at the opposing cat. She managed to knock them away long enough to focus her gaze on them and register that, not only was it a cat she didn't recognize, she was an apprentice. A Shadowclan apprentice.

Why in Starclan's name were they attacking her??

Thornpaw rolled to her paws and lowered herself into a crouch to protect her underbelly just as the realization dawned on her. She'd been gone for moons. She likely didn't carry the scent of Shadowclan, and hadn't for some time now. Thornpaw clenched her jaw in irritation. This was juuuust what she needed. Some hotshot apprentice trying to prove their worth by protecting the clan from the big scary intruder.

The irony most definitely wasn't lost on her.

She chose to speak then, voice rough with aggravation. "Back off, kit. I'm in no mood to play games." Narrowing her good eye threateningly, she promptly followed that with, "Where's Littlestar, ratbreath?"

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Last edited by Kari on Wed 5 Dec 2018 - 16:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptyWed 5 Dec 2018 - 13:08

Frog was unable to secure a sturdy grip on the other she-cat before strong hind legs kicked out, battering the apprentice away from the intruder. She rolled over the springy ground before recovering her footing, scrambling up to whirl and face the dark-coated she-cat. Frog's gray tail lashed as she glowered directly at the other she-cat's aggravated face, and the apprentice had started gathering her muscles beneath herself to attack again when a rough voice came from the other cat.

For a moment, Frog didn't want to give the intruder a chance to talk - after all, rogues would say anything to get what they wanted! - but then an important name was dropped: Littlestar. Well, that took Frog by surprise. "L-Littlestar?" she stammered, her hostile voice tainted with uncertainty, and for a second she almost found it funny that the rogue would pick their late leader to name. But then, the she-cat almost seemed like she knew the way to the camp... Did she know ShadowClan?

Keeping her claws unsheathed and her pelt bristled as fiercely as she could manage, Frog finally growled, "I don't have time for games either, flea-brain - Littlestar's not our leader. She's dead. Who are you, and what are you doing here?" I will chase her off if I have to!

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }
(Not Pictured: Frogmarsh of ShadowClan; Lightstep of RiverClan; Mottledspark of RiverClan)

Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 9:15

Tansyheart was roused from her light, restless slumber by something of a commotion that she detected to be near the edge of camp. She could hear two familiar, angry tones, and each one seemed to be challenging the other. She shook moss from her pelt and hustled to the den entrance, Trotting towards the voices as quickly as she could. She was shocked to find Frogpaw glaring menacingly at a cat she had not seen in a long time.

"Thornpaw?"

As glad as she was to see the she-cat, it was still quite a jolt to suddenly encounter her after surmising her dead for moons. Thornpaw seemed to be in better shape than when she had left, however. The scars on her face were more clean, more smooth, and many of her other scars seemed to have nearly dissapeared. Was it simply time that had done this, or some other cat? "Frogpaw, this is no intruder. Her name is Thornpaw," she informed the younger she-cat, getting between the two apprentices. "She went missing, moons before you were born. There was no way you could have recognized her." She turned to Thornpaw. "Littlestar is dead, like Frogpaw said. Scorchstar is our leader now, and I'm sure he will be anxious to see you again." She paused for a moment, her brow still furrowed with disbelief. "What happened, Thornpaw? How did you find your way back?"

rainpaw | shadowclan | apprentice | 1c9795
Back to top Go down
RoawImKoatt

RoawImKoatt

Characters : Minnowcall»M«-Wolfsong»W«-Wildstrike»Wi«-Coldgaze»Co«-Dante»D«
Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1738

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptyFri 7 Dec 2018 - 13:49

Wildstrike quickly got onto his feet and looked out of the warriors den when he heard Frogpaw yell out intruder. But what he saw wasn't a intruder it was... "Thornpaw!" he rushed out of the warriors den towards the she-cat, it couldn't be her, could it? He thought she where dead. What had happend to her she looked so... Different.

He let out a purr, oh how he had missed her, after she had left he had been pretty much alone, he had trained apprentices, hunted, gone on patrols and that's how his life had been pretty much, the only exciting thing that had happen where Littlestar's death, that he could have been choosen as deputy, could have... Insted his brother Scorchstar had choosen Froststone, which Wildstrike where still trying to get over.

He looked at Thornpaw, studying her from top to toe "It's really you... Where have you been? I thought you where dead!" he took step closer to her. What had happend to her eye? As he looked at where her eye should have been, their last day together flashed before his eye's, all the insult he had said to her it had haunted him for moons after she had disappeared, after they had lost Sootpaw they had drifted away from each and one day she where gone... He had promised Sootpaw to keep her save, but he had failed and now she where back. He smiled "You have no idea how much I've missed you... And I hope you can forgive me for how stupid I where as a apprentice... I regret everything I said back then... Well most of it, I guess you still kinda look like a frog" he grinned a little, he just couldn't help but to tease her.

Thorn In My Side (o p e n) Tworc110
☾Coldgaze☽ Warrior Of Riverclan [Tier 2]
☾Wildstrike☽ Deputy Of Shadowclan
☾Birdkit☽ Unborn

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Kari

Kari

Capricorn Cat

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptySat 8 Dec 2018 - 7:51

The news of Littlestar's death only mildly surprised her, but in the end it only proved Thornpaw right in doubting the half-pint she-cat's ability to lead. Dying that quickly after gaining her nine lives was evidence enough for her. But if Littlestar was gone, then that begged the question... who had taken her place? She wracked her brain to try and recall who had served as her deputy last but the name continued to elude her. That information was irrelevant at the moment however. Thornpaw was rapidly getting angrier. Who did this pathetic excuse for an apprentice think she was? Did she not realize that she was about two heartbeats away from being torn to shreds? Then again, if the muse-brained kit had a death wish who was she to argue? Violence was most definitely Thornpaw's forte... and she'd been itching for a brawl anyways. The large tabby she-cat flexed her claws, sinking them deep into the marshy soil as the fur rose along her spine. Her green gaze pierced through the little rat. She could practically hear her agonized wailing already. She wasn't exactly known for being able to hold her temper... or her tongue.

"Listen here you little waste of space, I don't particularly care if you want to act tough and try to play hero. If you want me to flay you where you stand I'll happily oblige, otherwise I suggest you get out of my way." Thornpaw loomed over the smaller she-cat threateningly, fully prepared to act on her words should the apprentice refuse to back down when a somewhat familiar, distinctly feminine voice halted her in her tracks.

"Thornpaw?"

The dark tabby cut her sharp gaze to the black pelt of Tansyheart. Her quickly growing rage faltered somewhat at the sight of the cat she'd once hunted alongside. As Tansyheart cut between the two, (presumably to stop Thornpaw from ending the cocky little kit's irritating existence... who she now knew to be named Frogpaw) slight amusement flickered somewhere deep inside her. This wasn't the first time the warrior had tried to diffuse her anger in such a way.

Scorchstar was now leader? Well... at least that made some semblance of sense.

Just as she was about to speak, she was stopped a second time by yet another familiar voice. Wildpaw. Or was it still Wildkit? It'd been moons... he'd likely gotten his warrior name by now, but despite everything she doubted she'd ever let him live that particular event down. The two new arrivals promptly began to ask questions. She should have expected as much but... still. She had returned to a neutral state, her temper fading as quickly as it'd flared. Fixing Wildpaw with a glare to stop his babbling, she answered their mutual question in as few words as possible. "Twolegs. They caught me patrolling the Thunderpath alone. They caught me and... I was imprisoned within a Monster." She adverted her gaze, forcing down the anger that threatened to well up again. Now was not the time. Taking a ragged breath, she looked back at them. "I escaped. One of the brainless fools had left an exit open in one of their many white rooms. I attacked one. They fear us, you know. They have some sort of... power. It forces you into a dark, dreamless sleep. That's how they moved me about for moons..." She snarled, wiry fur bristling again, "I tore one of those spineless, furless beasts' forepaws to shreds as it tried to put me to sleep again and got away."

Thornpaw tactfully left out the bit about scorning Starclan daily for abandoning her. Bitterness began to swell inside of her. Her former clanmates just presumed her dead. Did they even bother looking for her? The she-cat grit her fangs. Just as she'd thought earlier... camaraderie was a lie.

"Where is Scorchstar then?"

֎  Masterlist  ֍

Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptySat 8 Dec 2018 - 9:33

The sudden commotion going on outside his den caught Scorchstar's attention very quickly. He lifted his head up from the mouse he was eating and tilted his ears to the direction of the entrance of his den. Was there something wrong? Climbing up to his paws rather quickly, the black tabby tom slipped out from underneath the tangle of roots of the large oak tree that made up his sleeping quarters and approached the gathered group of cats. He caught the tail ends of some of their words, as well as the voice of someone so new... yet somehow so very familiar.

Oh, of course. "Thornpaw!" Scorchstar gently pushed his way past his assembled cats to approach the now fully-grown apprentice who had been missing for moons. He may have not gotten to know the molly personally, but he still greeted her as if she were an old friend. "Oh, I am so relieved to see you once again, Thornpaw. I heard you say you were captured by Twolegs? I'm glad you were able to escape and find you way back to us." His vibrant orange eyes dimmed a little when he remembered hearing Tansyheart telling Thornpaw about Littlestar's death mere moments ago. "I'm afraid Littlestar has joined the ranks of StarClan in your absence. Quite a few things had happened while you were away. But rest assured that ShadowClan is still as strong as ever. You must be tired and terribly hungry. Frog," he turned to the other apprentice, remembering to address her with just the prefix of her name as she preferred, "please arrange a nest in the apprentices' den for Thornpaw. Tansyheart, find something for Thornpaw to eat," he added, turning to the warrior whom he stood beside. He turned to the returned apprentice once again. "Would you like me to call our medicine cat Morningpaw to tend to any wounds you may have, or to help you recover your strength and stamina?"

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Former Staff
Former Staff
sumashira

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 10:34

Frog was aware of the other she-cat flexing her claws and bristling - Frog was, too, certainly, although hers was partly just from excitement and the adrenaline of a soon-to-be fight. The apprentice didn't care that the other she-cat was bigger by almost a head and stood strong and defiant, glaring directly into the snarling rogue's face while she monologued this and that threat. Frog took in a deep breath and began to reply, "You--"

Then a voice broke in, and a sturdy body shoved its way between Frog and the intruder - "Thornpaw", apparently. With a frustrated hiss Frog stumbled backwards and retreated a few steps, forced away from the other she-cat by Tansyheart. She glared over Tansyheart's shoulder, continuing to glare at Thornpaw throughout the warrior's explanation to the apparently missing apprentice. Wildstrike came too, and Frog rolled her eyes. When Scorchstar came, however, Frog tried to tone down her insolence a little for his benefit.

Still hyped up and seething slightly from the near fight and Thornpaw's toxic attitude, Frog couldn't hold back an irritated groan when Scorchstar told her to prepare a nest in the apprentice's den for the returned she-cat. "After she threatened to flay me, you--" Seeming to realize she was saying it out loud, Frog cut herself off and glared at Thornpaw for a second, mumbling, "I'm putting thorns in your moss." Then she turned around and stalked back into camp.

No, she wouldn't actually put thorns in Thornpaw's nest. Yet.

Clovertwist the Loner
WindClan ex-Warrior
{ #5F9EA0 }
Barleytuft of StarClan
WindClan Warrior
{ #DA8F6F }
Marmalade the Kittypet
ex-SkyClan Medicine Cat
{ #C1550A }
Dacedream of StarClan
ThunderClan Warrior
{ #808000 }
Summer the Loner
gay drifter
{ #E86375 }

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptySun 9 Dec 2018 - 14:41

Morningpaw was already rushing from her den when the loud voices of many caught her sensitive ears. "I'm here!" The she-cat stopped in her tracks and tilted her head slightly when she gazed at the visitor. Thornpaw? She must've been an apprentice a couple of moons before Morningpaw. She smiled and walked forward. "Hello there Thornpaw. I'm Shadowclan's current medicine cat. I would like you to step into my den so I may look you over...Only when you're ready of course!" The tortoiseshell she-cat flashed the other a gentle smile that went along with her warm blue-green eyes. Thornpaw's return seemed to have lighten up the clan. Frogpaw seemed to have gotten on the wrong foot with Thornpaw but they'll probably be great friends, after all, the two seem to act similarly.
Back to top Go down
ruska

ruska

Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1022

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) EmptyWed 26 Dec 2018 - 9:08

Tansyheart shot a disapproving glance after Frogpaw. "Watch your attitude," she reprimanded, but the apprentice had already disappeared into her den. She shook her head and turned back to Scorchstar. "Of course." The warrior retreated in the direction of the fresh-kill pile.

Nudging aside a stale frog, she selected a plump shrew from the top of the pile. Automatically assessing the amount of prey left, she figured that tomorrow would be a full day of hunting. There was enough left for today, but there wouldn't be enough to feed the Clan tomorrow. She shook her head, surprised at herself for allowing her mind to wander during such an important situation. She turned back towards the small gathering of cats around Thornpaw, noting the arrival of Morningpaw, the medicine cat apprentice.

"Here you go, Thornpaw," Tansyheart placed the shrew gently in front of the she-cat. "Is there anything else I can do?" she asked Scorchstar.

rainpaw | shadowclan | apprentice | 1c9795
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thorn In My Side (o p e n)   Thorn In My Side (o p e n) Empty

Back to top Go down

Thorn In My Side (o p e n)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-
Jump to: