Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Sorry To Bother You

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 2495

Sorry To Bother You Empty
PostSubject: Sorry To Bother You   Sorry To Bother You EmptyNovember 25th 2018, 10:09 pm

Ferretkit was whimpering.

She hobbled halfway into the nook, pausing in her valiant expedition for only a moment to glance around for the attention of anybody but who she had arrived to see. When the few cats who were in the den silently stared at her with eyes gleaming, she gingerly slid past the fern tunnel and, dragging a foot behind her, approached the medicine cat apprentice: the dreaded Pricklepaw.

Ferretkit had heard whispers and fables of littermates with kitcough being cared for by the grouchy young fellow and his bitter herbal remedies. In fact, after she was thrown into some brambles by a much larger kit, she nearly sparred him rather than take her chances in the medicine den. She boldly marched up to him but soon turned and broke into a pathetic waddle for the medicine den. After all, her little ears scarcely reached his chin.

So, there she sat, her tail wrapping her left hind leg, speed-talking incoherently to the poor tom. Her eyes, one clear as day and one strangely clouded, caught the thin light of the dying sun outside. The short, stocky she-kit was truly a sight to be seen, her head bobbing as she spoke. Each sentence came with a gasp of air, as if she were holding her breath underwater. Tufts of fur stuck up all over her pelt. She still had burrs sticking to her haunches from when she tumbled, and sand stuck to her nose.

"... And I'm too little to play like that! They kicked me all around! I didn't even want to come here, but I have thorns in my paw and Mama says I'm much too fragile to take my chances, but I think she only says that 'cause of the stillborn. Will you fix it?" She punctuated her speech by lifting her wounded paw.

Sorry To Bother You TpKJUN0

Rushkit | RiverClan Kit | #4b5320
Lionkit | ThunderClan Kit | #cb945f
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6625

PostSubject: Re: Sorry To Bother You   Sorry To Bother You EmptyNovember 27th 2018, 5:32 pm

Pricklepaw inhaled a sharp breath of surprise and annoyance when he heard pawsteps entering his den- tiny, quick feet, those of a kit. Were they simply here to pester him again, or was there an actual issue? He'd been working hard on memorizing the herbs that Mintwhisker had assigned him, and planned to go see Leopardstar in an hour or two about that prophecy he'd received at the Moonstone. He had no time for... he turned around, sage-green eyes full of irritation, and saw the most adorable tiny kit ever sitting right behind him, burrs stuck in her pelt and a thorn in her paw. He wasn't a sentimental tom at all, but all the annoyance in him faded at her absolute innocence. Untouched by the world's controversy or StarClan's demands. He'd forgotten what it was like to be so pure....

The large tom immediately grabbed the proper herbs for a poultice out of some piles and began mixing them together as the kit spoke. Dock leaves and marigold, chew them up, some bindweed to hold it together... "Of course I'll fix it, little one," he purred, sweeping a few cob nuts out of a pile with his large paw while he finished chewing the mixture. In a few deft, practiced movements, he eased the thorn out of the kit's paw, spat the wet, gloppy herbs onto her paw, and pressed it into place. Hopefully, the soothing plants would do their job. "Here, eat these nuts- they'll help ease the aching. What did you say your name was?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Sorry To Bother You   Sorry To Bother You EmptyNovember 27th 2018, 6:03 pm

Ferretkit laughed when the wet herbs pressed against her ticklish paw. She cracked the nuts between her little teeth and cringed at the noise. As she brushed her fur down with her paws, she wondered why she was so terrified of this place in the first place. All her denmates were nervous, but none as much as her. The tiny heart in her chest nearly leaped out like a bullfrog when her mother ordered her to the medicine den. She looked up at Pricklepaw, his huge looming figure suddenly not so scary.

Oh! Pricklepaw was a medicine cat! They knew things about dreams, right?

"I had a dream the other night!" she exclaimed suddenly, "I was walking around in the woods, except the trees were different there. A BIG hawk swooped down on me. I tried to run away, but it got me. All I could see were feathers." Ferretkit blinked a little. "Birds are scary. Sometimes I forget that they all look the same size in the sky, and I run away when bluejays fly by. I dunno."

Suddenly becoming aware of her kithood, Ferretkit nervously pawed at the ground. "You're a good medicine cat, though. I like you a lot. I'm sorry you don't have a mentor."

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6625

PostSubject: Re: Sorry To Bother You   Sorry To Bother You EmptyNovember 30th 2018, 11:30 pm

Though the banter coming from any other cat would have annoyed the ever-loving StarClan out of him, somehow coming from a kit it was enjoyable. He chuckled involuntarily at her telling of her dream, as he grabbed a few blackberry leaves and a patch of cobwebs to stick it together. He wrapped the leaves around her paw so that the poultice of wet herbs would stay there. "All right, that's got to stick on your paw there for a few minutes or so, cause we don't want it to get infected." He then went about gently easing the burrs from the small kit's fur- she still hadn't told him her name. Though he was only half paying attention to her words, he felt touched when the she-kit complimented him. "I... thank you. It means a lot." He looked at her thoughtfully for a moment, then turned back to his work. "You know, I didn't want to be a medicine cat. I just wanted to be a warrior. But StarClan chose me, so... here I am. Hopefully, I can at least do my job well."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Grizzly
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grizzly

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Sorry To Bother You   Sorry To Bother You EmptyDecember 2nd 2018, 6:57 pm

Ferretkit purred at the gentle feeling as the burrs fell off her pelt. She rose, on three wobbly legs, and wandered around for a few moments, smelling the sweet herbs and heeding Pricklepaw's words about staying off her paw. She turned in surprise when he said that he didn't choose to be a medicine cat. StarClan was still a new idea to her. Ferretkit was fascinated by the concept of ancestors and Silverpelt up in the sky. "Well, I bet when I'm Ferretpaw, I can find herbs for you! I've got a good nose," she said, punctuating the statement with an exaggerated sniff. "Brave, too. I'll walk all the way to Twolegplace for catmint!" She gave Pricklepaw a good look-over, before proudly announcing, "Your medicine cat name should be Pricklestem. I want to be Ferretstripe, 'cause I have stripes."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry To Bother You   Sorry To Bother You Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry To Bother You
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp :: ThunderClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: