Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
The forest is flooded, and the Clans are split: half have been swept, and half have made it to Highstones. Check announcements for details!
New-leaf has arrived and promises to be dismal and wet - will the flood waters ever recede?
This month's activity check is completed and allegiances updated; please PM a staff member if something's amiss!
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Bring Back Random Stuff

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stag

Stag

Male
Gemini Tiger
Number of posts : 747

Bring Back Random Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 10:44 am

Bring Random Stuff or a similar board back.

1) it should have never just dissapeared without a replacement

2) it's a fundamental part of any forum for people to put stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. This started with me being pissed because I thought my character code was deleted. I stayed pissed when I now have nowhere to do the stuff I need to do.

Bring Random stuff back and make WCC great again.

#660000 :: #ff3300 :: #333399 :: #9999ff :: #cc9900
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : Nutfur, Nectarleap, Curlyfeather, Swoopnose, Hillfire, Clearpaw, Bushkit
Female
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 3224
Clan/Rank : Nu: RC Warrior Ne: WC Sen. Warrior C: SC Warrior S: TC NAW D: Standard Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Yeah, Discord doesn't run on my Chromebook, so I can't even go there. Also, it is in general a good idea to keep stuff people post in a lot on the same site. A lot of people posted in that area, and now there isn't anywhere on this site to post stuff like that. And I would really rather only have to log into one site to talk to all the people here than have to switch around.

Bring Back Random Stuff MiFcMH0
(Picture by Jade)
Back to top Go down
Falconwing

Falconwing

Female
Taurus Rooster
Number of posts : 665
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan, SkyClan, The Regime

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Agreed!

Back to top Go down
Fox

Fox

Characters : Foxspirit (F), Echofrost(E), Meadowpaw (M) Shag (S) and Briarpaw (B)
Female
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 329
Clan/Rank : WC Warrior, TC NAW, RC Apprentice, Standard Rouge, MCA of WC

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 11:59 am

ALL the info on the Site Wide Plot PMV MAP was located on a topic in the Random Stuff category! The parts, what is happening, WHO has which part, were people were posting their parts, how to format them... EVERYTHING. And now, it's GONE. #BringBackRandomStuff

Bring Back Random Stuff Mi9fm8
Back to top Go down
Falconwing

Falconwing

Female
Taurus Rooster
Number of posts : 665
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan, SkyClan, The Regime

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 12:19 pm

#BringBackRandomStuff!

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Characters : Nutfur, Nectarleap, Curlyfeather, Swoopnose, Hillfire, Clearpaw, Bushkit
Female
Pisces Dog
Clan/Rank : Nu: RC Warrior Ne: WC Sen. Warrior C: SC Warrior S: TC NAW D: Standard Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 am

Can we bump this? This isn't just something that goes away with time. I can't have Discord, so it's really hard to just casually communicate with other members now. That is honestly bringing my posting amount down a lot, mostly because I don't have as much motivation from anyone else on here. Casual, friendly, unrelated talking with other members if actually very helpful to my role-playing. Last One to Post Wins especially. If we don't bring back Random Stuff, can we at least have Last one to Post Wins somewhere in the forum?

#BringBackRandomStuff

(Picture by Jade)
Back to top Go down
sumashira
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
sumashira

Characters : [A]mberdawn | [B]arleytuft | [L]ightstep
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 862
Clan/Rank : [A] SkC NN MC | [B] WC EW | [L] RC YW

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 7:26 am

I can use Discord, and do regularly, so I have had no problem making this switch. I think it has made things a lot easier, more timely, and less redundant on the site.

However, I did also really enjoy Random Stuff. Things get lost very quickly on Discord/instant messaging services when it gets busy, and that's one of the benefits of the forum. It is a slower but more accessible way to communicate. I know that I, myself, would not have joined WCC (nor would I join any roleplay site) if they required me to use a social media or instant messaging program with no other easy way to communicate with multiple members on-site.

I also agree that it's important to have Random Stuff for users who aren't allowed or are otherwise unable to have Discord. It is helpful that we have the embedded Discord on the Portal, but that doesn't help people whose devices are too old to run the program, whose firewalls or adblockers or servers won't allow it, or whose parents will veto any instant messaging service if they catch it.

I think Random Stuff should return, but otherwise I think that the changes that were made have helped the site. :)

Bring Back Random Stuff YlCp0v3
Amberdawn
NN MC ♦ [45/100]
Bring Back Random Stuff EDoTbpq
Barleytuft
E. Warrior ♦ [80/240]
Bring Back Random Stuff WpO2p9d
Lightstep
Y. Warrior ♦ [45/160]
Bring Back Random Stuff Fuon7n
Shimmer [NPC]
Kit-Mother ♦ [60/100]
Bring Back Random Stuff I5opbp
Thrushkit
Unborn Kit ♦ [0/0]

Back to top Go down
rainypool

rainypool

Characters : lilypaw* owlpaw *mapleligh*Streampaw*Stormkit
Female
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 465
Clan/Rank : WC apprentice* TC apprentice * RC apprentice* Sc warrior

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 10:38 am

#BringBackRandomStuff
Pls

http://warriorclancats.forumotion.com/t34726-my-kitty-s
Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Alive: {L}eopardstar, {La}urelsong, {N}ight (of Stormy Gales), {Fe}rnpetal, {M}agpiepaw | Deceased: Pansyface*, Sandkit*, Ryeheart*, Aspenpaw*, Finchstream*
Female
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3025
Clan/Rank : {L} ThunderClan Leader | {La} Exiled Rogue/Young Warrior | {N} Exiled Rogue/Young Warrior | {Fe} SkyClan Young Warrior | {M} RiverClan Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 4:06 pm

I trust in staff's decision for removing Random Stuff, but I agree that those who are not able to use Discord should still be able to have a platform in which to chat and share ideas with others, aside from PMs.  I remember at one point there being hints that something new was to come in place of Random Stuff, which may have been set back by Seer's current dilemma, but if I'm wrong, then I really think it would be beneficial to look into the idea.  This is a site for the young and, not-so-young alike, and I think it's counterproductive to be excluding those who may not have as many technological opportunities if we call ourselves a 'kids site'.

Bring Back Random Stuff QOurM8U

❤ May your heart be your guiding key ❤

ThunderClan Leader
Character Profiles

Bring Back Random Stuff VEtouM9
Leopardstar ↞ | ↠ Laurelsong ↞ | ↠ Night (of Stormy Gales) ↞ | ↠ Fernpetal ↞ | ↠ Magpiepaw

Bring Back Random Stuff QETFRF7
{Chirp} of Cricket at Sunset

Bring Back Random Stuff Pqscm8
Back to top Go down
Ice

Ice

Characters : (T)inystar, (D)aisyflame, (S)unflower
Female
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 4530
Clan/Rank : (T)SkC~L, (D)SC~EW, (S)SkC~YW

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2019 4:46 pm

I agree with Rainy. I don’t doubt the staff’s choices, but it’d also be nice to have a place to post more random stuff, such as games (that can’t be played with mear discord chats), instead of things like that now clogging up the clan information boards, ‘cause there’s no other place to post them.

Bring Back Random Stuff 33yi7tu

SkyClan Leader

Living - Deceased
Bring Back Random Stuff Newsig10

Bring Back Random Stuff E6a7ht10
PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 3:17 pm

Okay, I'm kind of surprised the whole site looked at lowering the character slots as a much more major decision than removing on one of the most posted on boards. I really would have liked a site-wide discussion on that topic. I'm really trying not to come across as annoyed, but no one has told me any reasons for why random stuff had to be removed. I know it's because they're replaced on Discord and to "reduce clutter" in the site, but I really think that random stuff wasn't causing clutter. I'm completely for the other boards being removed, but random stuff was just really fun. For me, taking that out just made the site seem more serious and less fun. I know that's mainly because I can't have Discord, but I don't think the people who do realize how big of a deal it is for people who don't. It would also simply be more efficient to have something critical for communication outside of role-playing to be on the same site. I no longer feel like I have a connection to other members, and that is starting to affect me in real life.

Can random stuff please come back, or at least some in-site alternative? Or a least give me a good reason for taking it away? WCC was supposed to be my escape from my problems, and it just doesn't feel like that anymore. I'm really sorry if this came off as annoyed or self-centered, but it's just becoming a bigger and bigger deal to me.

(Picture by Jade)
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Top Pillow
Top Pillow
Sleepy

Female
Capricorn Tiger
Number of posts : 9811

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 4:19 pm

#BringBackRandomStuff

Bring Back Random Stuff 37qjly9b90dy
Back to top Go down
http://beata.forumotion.com/
sumashira
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
sumashira

Characters : [A]mberdawn | [B]arleytuft | [L]ightstep
Female
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 862
Clan/Rank : [A] SkC NN MC | [B] WC EW | [L] RC YW

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 6:09 am

Woo! We now have Chatterbox and Meta Musings, which will serve well for OOC random chat and OOC / AU roleplaying! :)

Thanks, staff!

Bring Back Random Stuff YlCp0v3
Amberdawn
NN MC ♦ [45/100]
Bring Back Random Stuff EDoTbpq
Barleytuft
E. Warrior ♦ [80/240]
Bring Back Random Stuff WpO2p9d
Lightstep
Y. Warrior ♦ [45/160]
Bring Back Random Stuff Fuon7n
Shimmer [NPC]
Kit-Mother ♦ [60/100]
Bring Back Random Stuff I5opbp
Thrushkit
Unborn Kit ♦ [0/0]

Back to top Go down
Squirrelnose

Squirrelnose

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Yes, thank you so much staff! I really appreciate how you listen to what members have to say and take it into account.

(Picture by Jade)
Back to top Go down
Grey
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Grey

Characters : Goldeneye, Littlepaw
Female
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 4295

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2019 3:29 pm

Well, We aren't completely Deaf to our members < 3

Bring Back Random Stuff DHrDO

Goldeneye C#ff9900, Littlesun C#66cccc

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring Back Random Stuff   Bring Back Random Stuff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bring Back Random Stuff
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Off Topic :: Comments & Suggestions-