Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Reflections (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Characters : Kestrelkit (SkC) | Marshkit (SC)
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 2438

Reflections (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Reflections (closed)   Reflections (closed) EmptyFri 16 Nov 2018 - 12:38

Dew drops fell in the early morning haze. The soft form of a she-cat stood sillouetted against the grey light of the morning. Her coat a near perfect blend with the horizon as she watched the sun rise, making the mist between them burn brightly before evaporating. Tension lingered in cuts and bruises that had healed on her skin, but not in her heart.

That was where the true bleeding laid. She blinked her blue eyes as she looked down to the brown Earth beneath her paws. Sometimes, it was hard for her to believe he was gone. She still expected to hear Firepaw rushing out from the den in a hurry to get up to mischief and be the best Hunter that day. Expected to see Flamewish and be able to greet her... None of this could happen.

Hurt flashed through her gaze as she looked up. Her sights locked on a white she-cat. Vibrant green eyes that she remembered so clearly during training. They hadn't spent much time together lately, but Dewshine still cared greatly for her former apprentice.

"Flurryshine, walk with me?" she requested. Her pale grey shoulder briefly nudging the white cat's in a gentle reassuring gesture. Above all else, Flurryshine had been Firepaw's mentor, and there were words that needed to be said.
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: Reflections (closed)   Reflections (closed) EmptySat 17 Nov 2018 - 11:44

Flurryshine's head lifted in response to Dewshine's voice and comforting touch, and she subtly flinched. Firepaw's death was still fresh on her mind, her emotional wounds still raw. Even after the conversation with Scorchclaw, she still couldn't help but feel responsible for her apprentice's death. She should have asked Tinytip or Splashwillow to watch over her kits for her so she could train Firepaw more. She should have gone to battle so she could protect him. She should have done more. But she didn't, and it was all her fault that Dewshine's son was no longer among the living.

She had been avoiding her former mentor for that reason. She was the indirect cause of Firepaw's death. She should have found some way to dedicate more of her time to him. She should have found someone else to care for her kits while she was away. She herself hadn't lost any kits yet, so she couldn't even begin to imagine all the heartache Dewshine must be going through right now. To know that your former apprentice and the cat you consider a daughter was the primary cause of your son's death must be absolute agony to live with. Why did she even entrust her with one of her kits in the first place? Well, one thing was for certain, she doubted Dewshine would ever let her train another one of her kits ever again. Was their relationship hurt by this, or even destroyed? Was this why Dewshine wanted to walk with her, so she could tell her how hurt and disappointed she was, that she didn't want anything more to do with her?

Tears pricking and misting up her green gaze at these uncontrollable, merciless thoughts tumbling in her brain, Flurryshine offered her former mentor a small nod of acceptance, unable to find her voice to answer verbally. She didn't want to break down into sobs, though she knew it would be inevitable anyway. She followed Dewshine out of camp, trying to blink her tears away, only resulting in squeezing a few free to drip down to the cold leaf-fall ground.

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Reflections (closed)   Reflections (closed) EmptySat 17 Nov 2018 - 16:57

As they padded alongside the river, Dewshine watched Flurryshine closely. She noticed how uneasy her former apprentice was and she couldn't help but look around to see if she could find the source. There didn't seem to be anything threatening around. The shadows were nothing in contrast to the moon had been covered. In fact, it was a very peaceful and calm day... That was why she had decided to pull Flurryshine away...

Her heart sank at the conclusion she had drawn. Her blue eyes looked over Flurryshine, who was normally so proudand pretty. Now she looked awkward, uneasy... It didn't fit the younger she-cat. Dewshine rested the tip of her tail on Flurryshine's flank, forcing herself to speak words that wrenched memories from her mind.
"Don't be too hard on yourself." She said slowly, but with certainty. "I'm glad Firepaw got to have you as a mentor. You let him be himself, when a stricter cat might have smothered him." it was painful to think of a cat like Silverfang being his mentor.

Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

PostSubject: Re: Reflections (closed)   Reflections (closed) EmptySat 1 Dec 2018 - 19:58

"B-But..." Flurryshine's mew came out soft and shaky, knowing that if she continued talking she would only break into sobs much quicker. But she couldn't help it. She needed to get this guilt off her chest. She stopped walking and lowered her head, shoulders trembling with silent sobs. "I-It's my fault your son's dead, Dewshine. Scorchc-claw entrusted me with your son. You entrusted me with him. But I f-failed him. I was t-too busy raising my kits, but I should've found a way t-to multitask. I should've trained him better. I should've been a better mentor!"

Now the tears were flowing in tiny rivets down her cheeks, whimpers and whines peppering her voice and breath. "I-I t-tried my hardest, but I f-failed him. I f-failed you, Dewshine. It was because of m-me that your son got killed! S-So..." She didn't dare look up at her former mentor, instead turning her head away in shame, ears folded back against her head. "Wh-Why don't you hate me? I don't you h-hate my guts for c-causing your son's death? O-Or maybe you do, and you were about to t-tell me that you wanted n-nothing more to do with me. I... I d-don't want you to h-hate m-me, Dewshine!... Please don't hahate meee!..." She crumpled to the ground and curled in on herself, weeping heavily into her tail that she curled around herself for comfort.

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Cays
Former Staff
Former Staff
Cays

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Reflections (closed)   Reflections (closed) EmptyThu 6 Dec 2018 - 15:14

"Flurryshine." Dewshine mewed calmly. She watched as her former apprentice broke down. Her heart ached beneath the tears and the pain filled words of a she-cat she considered to be family... as if Dewshine was capable of hating her. Watched as she curled up in that self-prophesised misery, then padded forward and nuzzled her forehead. "I don't hate you." She whispered first. Then, she lowered herself to the ground at Flurryshine's side. Licked at her former apprentice's long fur to groom it from it's dusty state.

"Look at me." She commanded after a couple moments of silence. Her blue gaze firm on Flurryshine's green. "It wasn't your fault. Not you, not your kits, no cat's but the one who... " she paused, taking in a deep shakey breath as her heart lurched. "The only one who's to blame is the one who's claws pierced him. Every tom and she-cat has been busy the past moons, and I know Firepaw." She let herself lean against Flurryshine at the threat of memories that surfaced. "I know that he was trained well, that with or without guidance he trained on his own as well as with you when he could. He was a force, and not one easily contained."

The pale silver fur at her cheeks darkened with streaks as tears flowed from her eyes.
"Flurryshine, you did all that you could. I think of you as one of my own kin. My own kit. This, has not made me love you less." She reinforced firmly as she buried her nose into Flurryshine's shoulder fur as tears fell at the memories of her dear son.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reflections (closed)   Reflections (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Reflections (closed)
Page 1 of 1