Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
The Clans are finally returning to a semblance of normal life; the floodwaters are gone at last, but the damages - physical and emotional - remain.
July's activity check is complete. If you missed it, please PM a staff member with your characters.
Greenleaf has come and at last the days are growing warmer and brighter.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Make sure to check your Clan's Key Events under the Clan Information boards to see what's happening in your Clan!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

And The World Kept Moving

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Mintwhisker, Lynxtail, Cloud, Rowantalon*, Stormstrike*, Sunpaw*, Flowerpetal* Leafstorm* Sharptooth*
Female
Number of posts : 3600
Clan/Rank : Skyclan MC, Thunderclan Warrior (tier 2), Rogue (tier 1)

And The World Kept Moving Empty
PostSubject: And The World Kept Moving   And The World Kept Moving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 7:33 pm

By the time Sharptooth reached Leafstorm, the sun had set and the sky was splattered with stars. After stumbling around in semidarkness for hours, it was a pure stroke of luck that she even found him at all.
At first, she had passed off his silhouette as an oddly shaped boulder. As she approached, however, it soon became unmistakable that this was all that remained of her beloved father. His once-sleek fur was matted and sodden, his legs were bent at odd angles, and a faint, snow-white crescent was visible where the skin had ripped along his shoulder blade. His eyes were closed.

Sharptooth didn't stop to think. Paws shaking, she lifted him as gently as she could and shifted him so he was bad touch across her back. She tried not to wince as she felt his broken bones shift every time she took a step, tried not to shudder at the steady drip, drip, drip of water streaming from his fur. As she trudged back along the path they had taken, she found herself slipping into a state of sweet oblivion. Dead to the world, she put one paw in front of the other, staring hard at the ground until she stepped into familiar territory.
Thunderclan's once-lovely forest was duller than she imagined. Cutting through a firefly-filled clearing, she reflected on how much she had lost. All of her known kin had disappeared or died, and the ones that she had been able to briefly see at the top of the ridge had flickered and faded the moment Leafstorm fell. She was alone, truly alone. And for the first time in her life, she found herself just as blind to the world as everyone else. Every movement she made felt slow and weak like she was stepping through thick, slimy mud. Mud that was as deep as her chest. Mud that pressed against her heart, coming to rest inside her ribcage. Mud that added to the weight she had carried since the death of Boarpaw and her other siblings with a heavy finality. The death of Lichenmask meant the return of Starclan and their judgment.
Starclan punished her moons before she killed the foolish apprentice. Every cat she had ever come to love- her siblings, her parents, her mates, her kits and grandkits, each one died suddenly.
And it was her fault.

It was with that thought in mind that Sharptooth lumbered into Thunderclan camp, unwilling to stare around like she had longed to do since she left it last.
"Thunderclan!" She cried, and her voice split the sky. "Leafstorm is dead."

Since Drip joined WCC!
Lynxtail family picture below!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Alive: {L}eopardstar, {N}ight (of Stormy Gales), {Fe}rnpetal, {M}agpiepaw | Deceased: Pansyface*, Sandkit*, Ryeheart*, Aspenpaw*, Finchstream*, Laurelsong*, Chirp of Cricket at Sunset*
Female
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 3137
Clan/Rank : {L} ThunderClan Leader | {N} Exiled Rogue/Tier 2 Warrior | {Fe} SkyClan Tier 2 Warrior | {M} RiverClan Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: And The World Kept Moving   And The World Kept Moving Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 5:17 pm

Leopardstar had been laying under the Highrock, carefully grooming his burned pelt, when he heard it.

A voice he had never expected to hear again until he ran among the stars.

Instinctively, his hackles rose as the fur along his spine prickled, his ears flattening aggressively against his head, as he leaped to his sore paws and spun around, about to yowl out a challenge to the she-cat he had exiled mere moons ago.  Then he saw her burden and his already open jaws dropped.  No...no no no no no...!

Leafstorm..."  His voice rang with bitter confusion, and heart-wrenching despair.  One of his most loyal warriors...one of the few cats he might've called a friend...reliable and trustworthy even through the most terrible hardships...was dead.  For a long moment, he stood frozen, willing his paws to move even a little bit, but he failed.  His hazel eyes as wide as full moons, he glanced between Sharptooth and the body of her father, before managed to meow; "What...Sharptooth...what happened to him?"  His words able to break him out of his moment of debilitation, the ThunderClan leader walked forward on trembling paws to sniff Leafstorm's ragged pelt, before looking up to face his former apprentice.  Against his best interest, a dark gleam of suspicion infiltrated his grieved expression.  All trust in the cat standing before him had been broken, and though he had shown her mercy, her actions had shaken and disgusted him to his very core.  This time, his voice much lower, he hissed; "Explain, now."

And The World Kept Moving QOurM8U

❤ May your heart be your guiding key ❤

ThunderClan Leader
Character Profiles

And The World Kept Moving L59EIdO
Leopardstar ↞ | ↠ Night (of Stormy Gales) ↞ | ↠ Fernpetal ↞ | ↠ Magpiepaw

And The World Kept Moving Pqscm8
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Characters : Mintwhisker, Lynxtail, Cloud, Rowantalon*, Stormstrike*, Sunpaw*, Flowerpetal* Leafstorm* Sharptooth*
Female

PostSubject: Re: And The World Kept Moving   And The World Kept Moving Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 9:08 pm

"H-he..." Sharptooth stumbled backward as Leopardstar stepped forward, his hazel eyes burning. He thought she killed him. She knew that he no longer trusted her, but to kill her own father? Her large paws shook. Never.
Ah, but you did. An unbidden voice crept into the back of her mind. She shook her head, turning her distraught eyes away from her former mentor. "We met at the Gorge- I-I wanted to know what happened that night, with the fire... a-and I stepped too close to the edge..." She trailed off, squeezing her eyes shut as she forced herself to recall the terrible moment, and the events that followed.

"Shame." A small, thin, golden she-cat stepped forward as Sharptooth felt the ground shift beneath her. "It seems that Starclan isn't done with you after all." Then, an impact against her side. Sharptooth struggled to get to her feet, turning towards Leafstorm only to find two identical pairs of eyes staring back at her. Leafstorm's, and...
"It's okay."

"He saved my life. H-he pushed me out of the way, b-but his shoulder... I-I... there was nothing I-I could've d-done."
Not true...! The voice teased. Sharptooth shook her head once again, more vigorously this time. "There was nothing I could've done." The words reverberated inside her head, ricocheting off of her skull. The response was immediate. "Liar, liar, liar."

She looked towards Leafstorm's body, his ragged coat, his peaceful face.

The she-cat didn't flicker and die like the others when Leafstorm fell. Somehow, she felt more real. As if she was really there, watching as her kin fell to his death.
Kin. She was certain that they were kin. Their eyes, their expressions, the curve of their faces, both were nearly identical, blurred by time and pain that Sharptooth had yet to experience.
"Who are you?" Sharptooth, her voice thick, finally managed to look away from Leafstorm's body.
"You don't know me? I'm surprised." Her voice was nothing like his. Sharp and direct, impossible to ignore. "My brother wasn't really much of a storyteller, but I can't say that I'm not disappointed that he never told you about me."
The young she-cat cast a dull glance up at Sharptooth, scowling. She twitched her tattered ears- tufted just like his -and shrugged her shoulders while she spoke.
"I'm your auntie Sunpaw, and your mother is the reason I'm dead."

Sharptooth blinked, her mind moving sluggishly as guilt bad touch itself over her like a blanket, pressing against her mouth and dulling her senses. Is it my fault?

Since Drip joined WCC!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Characters : Alive: {L}eopardstar, {N}ight (of Stormy Gales), {Fe}rnpetal, {M}agpiepaw | Deceased: Pansyface*, Sandkit*, Ryeheart*, Aspenpaw*, Finchstream*, Laurelsong*, Chirp of Cricket at Sunset*
Female
Sagittarius Dragon
Clan/Rank : {L} ThunderClan Leader | {N} Exiled Rogue/Tier 2 Warrior | {Fe} SkyClan Tier 2 Warrior | {M} RiverClan Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: And The World Kept Moving   And The World Kept Moving Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2018 6:31 pm

Leopardstar's hazel eyes narrowed even further as he examined Leafstorm's torn shoulder, the bone sticking out in a gruesomely haunting way.  What he noticed though, was that no claws had touched his pelt.  There were no marks that would usually follow a fight, he just looked battered and bruised, likely from hitting rocks as his body found the earth again.  I want to believe her...but it can't be that easy.  I will not be some gullible fool like I once was...I will not be tricked again.  "And why should I believe you Sharptooth?  You had no qualms before of pitting your mother against death...how do I know that you've taken my advice?  I may have granted you mercy on the grounds of optimism once, but my fury will not be so lenient again."  A growl edged his word as he stepped forward so that they stared eye-to-eye.

"Nothing I can see proves that your words are true.  Leafstorm could've easily torn his shoulder while falling to his death...but what caused that to happen?  The cliff, or you?  A valuable warrior, a friend to many, is dead Sharptooth; I will not accept inadequate explanations."

ThunderClan Leader
Character Profiles

Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Female

PostSubject: Re: And The World Kept Moving   And The World Kept Moving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2018 2:27 pm

Cold anger boiled in Sharptooth's chest as Leopardstar stepped closer, her dull green eyes staring directly into his. "I believed that allowing my mother to take my place was the right thing to do. Do you remember how she refused to eat, sleep, or speak after Thistlepaw's death? I thought that if I passed the same thing would happen, but... Specklefang had already been weakened by the Leafbare before. If she grieved again, if she allowed herself to slip back into the depression she had only just managed to escape... I convinced myself that she would die too.
"I thought I was doing the right thing. That I was being noble.  I know I've sunk low, and my word is worth less than crowfood, but I truly believed that what I was doing was for the greater good of Thunderclan."

Sharptooth stepped back, turning once again towards Leafstorm's body. "I don't resent you for exiling me." Her voice was softer now, barely a whisper. "You think I killed Leafstorm out of spite, out of anger against Thunderclan... I would sooner hurl myself off that cliff than willingly let another cat that I loved die. I didn't kill my mother in cold blood, and I didn't betray my father. A-and if you don't believe that..." She trailed off, turning back to face Leopardstar. His face was smooth, but his hazel eyes flashed. 'Then you'll kill me.'
I didn't kill him. I couldn't have...
Right?

Since Drip joined WCC!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
RainyHeart
Former Staff
Former Staff
RainyHeart

Female
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: And The World Kept Moving   And The World Kept Moving Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 10:32 pm

Leopardstar was silent for a long time, his eyes gradually finding their way to rest upon Leafstorm's chilling body, their hazel depths conflicted and cold.  He listened to every word, took them in, analyzed them, wondered if they were the truth or just another fabrication.  He didn't know, and he suddenly realized that he didn't want to find out.  He was, tired.  Exhausted, by this life rife with deception and dishonesty...he couldn't question her anymore.  What was done was done, there was no other punishment he could bestow upon her that she had not already suffered...even death.  Her eyes were dull at their core, the light having been snuffed out too many moons ago.  He wondered...if his eyes looked the same.

"Go."

In slow, jagged motions, Leopardstar lowered himself into a mourning position beside Leafstorm's crumpled form, resting his nose against the old tom's shattered flank.  His voice was strong, yet very weak, quiet but also resounding.  He did not want to be in her presence any longer...the apprentice he could no longer see.  She was gone and replaced with a cat he simultaneously hated with every fiber of his being...and wanted to see succeed.  Just not here, not now.  Not so close.

"Leave, go beyond the clans...I never want to see you within our borders again."

Leafstorm, old friend...I'm sorry our paths had to end this way.  I'm sorry...that life is cruel.

ThunderClan Leader
Character Profiles

Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Characters : (S)corchclaw; (T)igerleaf; (H)ailpaw; (M)ao
Female
Number of posts : 1258
Clan/Rank : (S)RC deputy, (T)SkC warrior, (C)default rogue, (H)TC apprentice

PostSubject: Re: And The World Kept Moving   And The World Kept Moving Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 2:15 am

While Leopardstar faced the mysterious intruder in the middle of ThunderClan camp, Hailpaw stood silently to the side. Having been born after Sharptooth's exile, she had no idea who the she-cat was. A loner? Oh, an Exile. Even as the two cats exchanged sharp words, indulging in a tale she knew little about, she did not take her yellow gaze off the broken corpse lying at their paws. A familiar, brown tabby pelt was stretched over a now deformed skeletal frame. "Leafstorm." Her voice was hoarse, the whisper quickly carried away in the breeze. Her mentor was dead. No medicine cat could save him in that state. He was dead, and she would learn no more from him.

Leafstorm wasn't a member of her family, not like Beepaw was. Hailpaw didn't feel the surging denial and rage that she had back then. He was just her mentor. Apart from the mandatory training she was given as his apprentice, they had barely ever interacted. She wasn't sad. Right? Wrong.

Frost seemed to creep through Hailpaw's veins. The chill hurt. It hurt, even though she was supposed to have thick fur that could keep her warm even in leaf bare. Her eyes prickled. Again... Loss seemed to love striking most when one was unprepared for it. Perhaps, on another day, she would want to hear more of Sharptooth's circumstances and exile. Perhaps, on another day, she would be all over Leopardstar begging to hear more. All those questions could be left to another day. There were more important things right now.

Stepping forward, Hailpaw joined Leopardstar by Leafstorm's body. For a brief moment, her nose made contact with cold fur, before she pulled away. "Really, Leafstorm?" She murmured, tone pained, "I thought you were a strong cat. Didn't you die too easily?"

With a corpse like this... What happened to the scary, strict-looking mentor at my apprentice ceremony?

And The World Kept Moving Screen11

Scorchclaw 100 HP/280 SP➳RiverClan
Hailpaw 20 HP/80 SP➳ThunderClan
Mao 45 HP/140 SP➳The Regime

Back to top Go down
Grizzly [frisbee bear]

Grizzly [frisbee bear]

Characters : {Ferretnose} [Aspenpaw] |Sandpaw|
Male
Sagittarius Horse
Number of posts : 1104
Clan/Rank : {TC Tier 1 Warrior} [WC MCA] (SkC Apprentice)

PostSubject: Re: And The World Kept Moving   And The World Kept Moving Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 12:53 pm

Ferretkit was quiet as she slipped out of the too-small nursery to see what the commotion was about. She crawled under the various paws of her clanmates and was hit with a smell that she only ever smelled on the fur of fresh-kill. It was intense; she stopped dead in her tracks. Leopardstar was sitting with his nose against a sleeping cat. There was a she-cat there, too, and he was commanding her to leave. The tension in the crowd of her clanmates made her nervous. Looking up, she saw the ears of the warriors began to turn down. Cries of pain were heard around her.

Then, slowly glancing down, she realized the cat wasn't sleeping. Leafstorm? She suddenly felt woozy and had to shut her eyes. The way Leopardstar talked to that wretched-looking she-cat, she must have done this.

"Oh, Starclan," Ferretkit mewled weakly. She had finally noticed his bent legs and all the water. his eyes haunted her young mind. She saw blood and broken bones and the shell of the strong warrior that once had been. His crippled shoulder was pierced by his own-

Ferretkit felt a scream tearing at her throat, she wanted to call for her mother, but she swallowed it up. It wasn't long before she began her apprenticeship. She had admired him, despite his strict demeanor. However, despite all this, she didn't approach the body, nor did she mourn. She sat back and stared at the sandy ground. There was water and blood on the dirt near her paws. Ferretkit hoped somebody would put an end to the suffering, because everything was upside down.

30/60 - 40/120 - 20/80
Back to top Go down
Drippy

Drippy

Female

PostSubject: Re: And The World Kept Moving   And The World Kept Moving Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2018 11:07 pm

The she-cat didn't move until Leopardstar spoke, her expression blank when he finally managed to force a word out of his mouth.
"Go."
The tabby she-cat blinked, setting her jaw as Leopardstar's mouth continued to move. She wasn't certain what he was saying, but it didn't matter. Nothing that her former leader said or did mattered. Not right now.
She shook herself, her thick, bushy tail sweeping the ground once, twice, three times as she struggled to sort through the mess of static that had flooded her brain. Only one thought was clear to her: She needed to leave. Really, truly, leave.
But first... Sharptooth stepped forward, her movements stiff and mechanical as she stared down at Leafstorm's body. Suddenly she bent down, pressing her forehead against his. Breathing deeply, she tried to memorize his scent. Like her mothers' had been, only... warmer. The she-cat's shoulders shook with barely repressed sobs. The last cat who believed in her, trusted her, loved her, was gone.

As quickly as she approached him, Sharptooth pulled herself away. "Hush, now." Her whispered words were directed at the young she-kit seated nearby, her eyes wide with horror and pain.
And then...
Sharptooth turned and ran out of Thunderclan's camp, her large paws barely striking the muddy earth. It was as if she was flying, her tail streaming behind her, her ears pinned against her head. Sharptooth was gone, and beside her, a small golden she-cat turned to take one last glance at Leafstorm's broken body before disappearing in a whirl of fog.

Since Drip joined WCC!
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And The World Kept Moving   And The World Kept Moving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And The World Kept Moving
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Camp-
Jump to: