Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Transient {Closed}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1443

Transient {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: Transient {Closed}   Transient {Closed} EmptyTue 13 Nov 2018 - 20:50

Scorchclaw inhaled a mouthful of the chilly morning air. When he exhaled, he could faintly make out the puff of condensation that formed. Was it just his imagination? It was cold, that was for sure. Leaf-bare was right around the corner. Perhaps it had already begun to set in. With the return of the sun, one would expect the weather to grow a little warmer. Alas, it was but a futile hope. The few trees that dotted RiverClan territory had shed their leaves, and those exact leaves now crunched beneath the large tabby's paws.

That morning, he was accompanied by one of his clanmates. A fluffy white she-cat by the name of Flurryshine. The two of them were not on a patrol; rather, they had a solemner purpose in mind--grave visiting. How many days had it been since the battle with Lichenmask? Too few, it seemed. In the bustle of dealing with the battle's aftermath, time tended to pass rapidly. When he had approached the camp exit earlier, he had found Flurryshine standing there alone. Upon learning of the warrior's intentions, the two had then ended up traveling together.

They had arrived now. Beyond a willow tree perhaps as ancient as the one in camp was a quiet patch of land. In the distance, the faint babbling of a stream could be heard. This was one of RiverClan's graveyards, a place where the dead could lie frozen in the slumber of eternity. At the far corner were two comparatively fresh mounds of earth. Firepaw and Flamewish. The corners of his maw twitched at the sight. Scorchclaw padded over, taking a seat before them. He didn't have to look back to know that Flurrywish was following him. She had been the former's mentor. "I'm sorry for your loss." He meowed lowly. He, too, knew what it felt like to lose an apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

Transient {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transient {Closed}   Transient {Closed} EmptyWed 14 Nov 2018 - 7:43

Everything hurt. Her heart, her paws, her eyes, her soul. She had promised Dewshine she would be the best mentor for her son. She promised she would train him, to prepare him, to protect him. She should have gone out to battle with the rest of RiverClan. She should have dedicated more of her time spent with Sunkit and Sootkit to training Firepaw and preparing him for the war. She should have been a better mentor.

"It's all my fault..." she murmured softly in response to Scorchclaw's mew, staring down at the freshly-buried hole where Firepaw now rested. Everything hurt. "I should have gone to battle. But I couldn't leave Sunkit and Sootkit alone. But I should have gone. Maybe then... he'd still be alive." Her saddened gaze looked up at the deputy, her normally bright green eyes now dulled with sadness. "I... I don't want to take another apprentice, Scorchclaw. I don't want to feel the pain of losing another apprentice. I don't want to feel the pain of letting them, or their family, or the entire Clan down when they die because I wasn't an adequate mentor. Please."

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

Transient {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transient {Closed}   Transient {Closed} EmptyThu 15 Nov 2018 - 10:05

Scorchclaw gazed silently upon Firepaw's grave. Where did the young tom walk now? Had he gone to StarClan? The very same StarClan that had abandoned the clans, leaving him to this cruel fate? Simply because he had been of "impure" blood, had StarClan deemed Firepaw deserving of death? Wherever he had gone, Scorchclaw could only hope that the apprentice had found peace. While he did not look up at Flurryshine, his tufted ears twitched, revealing that he heard all her words. At length, he looked up, gaze meeting with the warrior's. "I can fulfill that request, if it is really what you wish for." The brown tabby spoke in a low, solemn tone. "But I personally don't believe that there was anything you could have done. You had kits to take care of. You didn't do anything wrong staying behind with them."

There was a slight pause. Scorchclaw drew a breath, pondering over the words he was going to say next. "I know how you feel, because I've gone through the same thing." He was tentative about sharing something so personal, but it seemed like it was going to be necessary if he wanted to get through to Flurryshine. The words that slipped from her jaws, the pain in her tone--it all felt so familiar to him. To the point that he felt the urge to tell her of a struggle he had barely shared with anyone else. "Do you know of my first apprentice? His name was Blackpaw. Just like Firepaw, he died before he could become a warrior." He could still remember the black-and-white tom as clearly as if Blackpaw was standing before him. He stiffened, but continued on. "Firepaw died with courage. He died on the battlefield against the Exiles. In contrast, do you want to know how Blackpaw died? He drowned. My apprentice, a RiverClan cat, drowned." The corners of his maw twisted upwards into a sardonic smile. The unreadable mask that he usually wore fell away, revealing an expression full of self-mocking. "I can hardly believe it even now. Of all the deaths possible, he was killed by the river. How ironic. It was all my fault. If only I had spent a little more time teaching him how to swim, he could still be alive." Unconsciously, he had unsheathed his claws, and they were curling into the ground.

"He was a lazy tom with an almost insufferable personality. I was as strict on him as I could be. By the time he was lying dead at my paws, I suddenly realized that I still knew next to nothing about him. We had spent more than a moon together, but I had barely gotten to know him." Scorchclaw had noticed his mistakes too late, and he was left with nothing but regrets in the end. After Blackpaw's death, he had put as much effort as possible into training his next apprentice. He wondered if Aspenstrike had ever noticed the desperation he displayed from time to time. He did not know if he had done any better with Aspenstrike. A certain distance had still existed between the two toms, but at least his second apprentice had made it to warriorhood. "I'm not all-knowing, Flurryshine. Still, I will say this. Firepaw was probably happy to be your apprentice." Dark, fluffy tail flicked gently over the grass. His eyes, which usually burned with a ferocious intensity, were thoughtful and pained as they took in the white she-cat. "The Exiles killed him, not you. Did you not train him well enough? Perhaps, but could any other cat have done better? Rather than cowering in a corner for the rest of your life, blaming yourself for something so uncertain, wouldn't it be better to hold on to that regret while moving on? I will to give you another apprentice. If you don't want the same thing to happen again, do your best this time. However terrible of a mentor you assume yourself to be, you were surely a better one than I was."

Just like Sweet had, he had failed his apprentice.
Back to top Go down
Yoshachu

Yoshachu

Characters : (a) Sparkfire, (b) Honeysong, (c) Bubblepaw
Clan/Rank : (a) ShadowClan - Tier 4 Warrior, (b) ShadowClan - Tier 1 Medicine Cat, (c) RiverClan - Apprentice
Aquarius Rat
Number of posts : 4118

Transient {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transient {Closed}   Transient {Closed} EmptySat 17 Nov 2018 - 12:24

The fluffy white molly glanced up at Scorchclaw, a little caught off guard. The RiverClan deputy was rather reclusive and stoic, not one to express emotions or go into personal territory. Yet the story he told of his own former apprentice really stuck with her. She knew she wasn't the only cat in Clan history to have lost her apprentice to a tragic death, but it certainly made her feel a little better when others acknowledged this given fact. It may have been selfish on her part, she she felt comforted by his story. She wasn't alone in this.

"I-I'm sorry to hear that, Scorchclaw, I truly am," she mewed with a bit of hesitance and discomfort in her voice. She didn't exactly know how she was supposed to have responded to him. He wasn't exactly the most approachable cat in RiverClan after all -- in fact, now that she thought about it, he may very well be the least approachable cat in RiverClan. Ever since the time the two of them brought a litter of ThunderClan kits back to their territory when they were spotted on Sunningrocks, she had kept her distance from him. She had admitted it to herself then, and she will again now, that Scorchclaw was quite intimidating.

However, he was still a cat, just like she was, and just like everyone else in RiverClan was. He had experienced his own fair share of hardships, and perhaps that was why he was so... distant. She was lucky to have had a loving family, attentive mentor, and supporting Clanmates, but perhaps Scorchclaw didn't have that when he was young himself. Was his family loving? Was his mentor attentive? His Clanmates surely seemed supportive now, but was that only because he was their deputy? Did he have any true friends?

If not, then she wanted to change that. For both their sakes. Perhaps making an unlikely friend due to a similar hurt would be beneficial for the both of them.

"I...I just wanted you to know," Flurryshine began slowly and softly, looking down at her paws awkwardly, "that, well, if you ever need to... talk about anything at all, I'd be more than willing to listen. I, uh, may not be the best at giving advice, but sometimes just having someone listen to your venting can be help enough."

Honeysong the ShadowClan Queen ~ #3bbb9d
Bubblekit the RiverClan Apprentice ~ #8ebb7b

Current Events
Sparkfire has returned to ShadowClan with her mate Honeysong and her adopted son Softkit.
Honeysong has followed Sparkfire back to ShadowClan and has given up her medicine cat title.
Bubblepaw has begun her training under her mother and mentor Flashlight.

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

Transient {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transient {Closed}   Transient {Closed} EmptyThu 29 Nov 2018 - 9:49

Flurryshine had nothing to apologize for, but Scorchclaw knew what she meant when she did apologize. He merely flicked his tail, silently accepting her condolences. Now that he had finished sharing his experience, he seemed to close up again. His expression morphed back into that of his usual emotionless mask, and he looked once more towards the graves. If only a little, he seemed to have succeeded in making Flurryshine feel better. Everyone made mistakes; while an indisputable fact, it could be hard to accept at times. It wasn't his place to judge or forgive her. He had gone through the same loss before, and he could not say that he did not blame himself. However, he understood how she felt. While he did not really think that Firepaw's death was her fault, she probably did not agree with him. He did not want the young warrior to be eternally trapped by this one moment in her life. It would be too much of a pity.

To Scorchclaw's surprise, his actions brought forth an unexpected offer from the white she-cat. For the first two seconds, he simply blinked, pale green eyes meeting vivid green eyes. Then, slowly, he nodded. "... Thank you. I will keep your suggestion in mind." Flurryshine seemed to feel somewhat awkward, and he wasn't quite sure how to react. There were few cats that he could really talk to, and none that had offered a listening ear in this manner. Having one more cat to talk to, to share his problems with--the thought was a tempting one. For some strange reason, he remembered Adderfeather's words at that moment. "Sitting off by yourself again?" Annoyed, he hurriedly shoved her words to the back of his mind. It would be difficult to really trust her now, but the day when he got to know Flurryshine better might not be too far off.

"You really care about Dewshine, don't you? Does it not bother you, that she broke the code by choosing Gingerstripe as a mate?" The question slipped out so naturally that he did not even have the time to stop himself. Even a cat who was not very observant could tell that the former mentor and apprentice had a really good relationship. For Scorchclaw, who had spent some time watching them, he had been wondering about it for a while. His tone held no hostility or disdain, just a quiet curiosity. Such a question was better not asked in such a place, however. Now that the words were out of his mouth, the only thing he could do was wait for a response.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Transient {Closed} Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transient {Closed}   Transient {Closed} Empty

Back to top Go down

Transient {Closed}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Territory-
Jump to: