Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RoawImKoatt

RoawImKoatt

Characters : Minnowcall»M«-Wolfsong»W«-Wildstrike»Wi«-Coldgaze»Co«-Dante»D«
Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1738

A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]   A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] EmptyFri 26 Oct 2018 - 13:49

Dante who had been laying in a pile of hay slowly got up, he stretched his tiny body and looked around for Chase. When he saw her he slowly stalked of towards her, making sure not get into the way of any other cats in the barn. He stopped infront of Chase and looked up at her "Eh Chase? On the way here I saw some plants and I.. Well I wonderd if you could tell me something about them? I would like to learn" he asked her. He looked around at the other cats in the barn while waiting for a answer. Then he rememberd something that he had heard to other day, although he didn't remember who had said.

He looked back at Chase "Who's Mystique? I heard some cat say that the other day... And well from what I know there's no one in the Regime who's name is Mystique so I thought mabye they died or left the Regime?.." he tilted his head slightly, not sure what to believe, but he was almost completly sure that Chase knew who this Mystique was.

A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] Tworc110
☾Coldgaze☽ Warrior Of Riverclan [Tier 2]
☾Wildstrike☽ Deputy Of Shadowclan
☾Birdkit☽ Unborn

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Characters : [B]eetlekit, Torrentstar, Tigerleaf, Hailpaw, Mao
Clan/Rank : [B] RiverClan
Virgo Goat
Number of posts : 1443

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]   A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 10:54

From her perch in a corner of the Abandoned Barn, Chase kept a watchful eye on the Exiles. The darkness obscured her ginger-and-white pelt, revealing only her glowing yellow eyes. The barn's other party of inhabitants were a curious bunch. Always going on about purity and stars, they looked down on the rogues who held "filthy" blood in their veins. Their customs were impenetrable to her. While she recognized that they were an important part of Shade's plan to take over the forest, she would not trust these former clan cats with her life. At Dante's approach, her gaze flicked to the younger tom. She listened curiously to what he had to say, flicking her tail when she understood. "Ah, I see." A quick glance in Cinderfall's direction found the prisoner accompanied by Shade. While she could not hear what was going on, the two seemed to be occupied. It should be fine to leave for a bit, especially if it was for Dante's education. Well, she didn't really care what the dark tabby's opinion was. "Very well then." She agreed, quietly standing. "I did say that I would teach you about them. Shade should already have covered the basics, but let's do something more specific."

As for Dante's question, her eyes widened in momentary surprise. She had not expected him to ask about that. "Oh, that." Chase remarked, with a half-exasperated sigh. "Weren't they referring to you? I'm surprised that you've only found out now. You don't talk much. How many cats in the Regime actually know your real name? Of course they would come up with a nickname for you. Come on, let's go." With a sweeping glance across the barn, she led the way to the gaping entrance. Few heads looked up at their movement. The two stole out almost like shadows into night. The moor was basked in the red moonlight. Straining to make out the details of their surroundings, a frown creased Chase's features. Herb hunting wasn't easy, let alone in such poor lighting. They would have to make do with what they had. Padding along in silence, the two had eventually traveled some distance away from their temporary shelter. The ginger rogue drew to a halt by a vast field. As she turned to face Dante, she gestured with her tail. "First off, let's see how much you know. Do you see any plants that are herbs here?" She was testing him, of course.
Back to top Go down
RoawImKoatt

RoawImKoatt

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]   A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] EmptyTue 30 Oct 2018 - 8:29

Dante looked at Chase with a puzzled expression... He hadn't thought about that but Chase and Canren were pretty much the only cat's of the Regime who knew his name.. Mystique... It actually sounded really good... He quickly shook his head and followed Chase out of the barn. He looked around, everything here were so diffrent from their camp by the twoleg place and he still hadn't gotten used to it but he had to say, the hay in the barn were really comfortable to sleep in.

When Chase stopped he looked around and after a short while he walked up to a orange flower and sniffed it a little "Isn't this.. Em.. Marigold?" he looked back at Chase and tilted his head slightly "I think it had something to do with... Um.. Wounds?.. Infections?..." he meowed, a hint of insecurity in his voice, he tried to read Chase face to see if he were right or not but it was hard. He quickly looked around to see if he could see any other herbs but the dim light made it hard to make out which plants were which, he sighed quietly, why did everything have to be so hard? He really wanted to get better at herbs, he wanted to be able to help other cats, altought he wouldn't tell Chase that, she would probably say or atleast think think that he was weak... He glanced back at the ginger she-cat, he knew that she didn't like the fact he were friends with Canren and he wanting to help other cats wouldn't make anything better.

☾Birdkit☽ Unborn

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]   A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] EmptyFri 2 Nov 2018 - 10:42

Chase returned Dante's inquiring gaze with a blank stare. She could tell that he was trying to scan his expression for a hint, and she had no intention of giving one away. "Is that your final answer?" She asked, tilting her head. After the young tom had had a moment to doubt himself, she finally nodded her head. "Correct. That is Marigold. It serves to treat infections. In addition, you can use it to slow bleeding." She lowered her head to the plant, nosing its orangish flowers. "To use it, you chew its petals into a poultice and apply it. The next time we do battle practice, try to use this knowledge practically." With those words, she shot Dante a dark look. Unspoken words lingered in the air. The fluffy ginger rogue knew that Dante was soft. That weakness of his occasionally showed itself during the Regime's sparring matches. If he knew a fair bit about herbs, he would at least be some use to keep around.

"Follow me." Glancing at Dante, Chase ventured further into the field. A low, rugged-looking bush sat at the edges of the grasslands. Her chartreuse eyes shimmering faintly in the darkness, the fluffy rogue spent a few minutes investigating the unassuming bush. At length, she nodded, pleased. "This is a juniper bush." She explained to Dante, "There appear to be a few berries still hanging in there. How about trying one?"
Back to top Go down
RoawImKoatt

RoawImKoatt

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]   A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] EmptyFri 2 Nov 2018 - 14:22

He flattend his ear's when he saw the look that Chase gave him, and battle training... He didn't look forward to that at all but he had to even it he wanted it or not. He let out a quiet sigh and followed Chase, he looked at the bush that she were investigation, once she said that it were a juniper bush he started thinking about what they were used for. He sniffed them a little and then looked at Chase "But... I don't need them, isn't it better to save them for cat's who needs it? Since there isn't that many left.." he tilted his head slightly. "Souldn't we bring them back to the other's? If they need it" he smiled slightly but he then realized how stupid he were to say that, he once again flattend his ears and looked down at the ground, sure that Chase would get mad at him... He just wanted to help the other cat's but he knew that Chase wouldn't like it.

OOC: Sorry for a short post, didn't know what to write :/

☾Birdkit☽ Unborn

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]   A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] EmptyMon 5 Nov 2018 - 9:41

Right after the words left his mouth, Dante seemed to come to a sudden realization. His ears drooping, he lowered his gaze to the ground. Chase examined his downcast features for a second. There was something about his meekness that got on her nerves. "No," She stated calmly, "you're actually correct. Herbs aren't always easy to find. They should never be taken for granted. Their presence or absence might even determine a cat's fate. Juniper berries are eaten straight. They're great for calming some cat down." Her fluffy ginger tail, seemingly with a life of its own, pointed to a patch of tall, yellow-flowered plants. "See those? They're goldenrod. When you chew them into a poultice, you can use them on open wounds."

Chase shifted back unto her haunches. Lifting a slender forepaw that was wrapped in a thick layer of fur, she held it out to Dante. "Alright. Answer as quickly as you can. A comrade returns to camp after a battle, covered with wounds. He has no broken bones. How would you treat him?"

Last edited by Transient on Tue 6 Nov 2018 - 4:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RoawImKoatt

RoawImKoatt

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]   A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] EmptyTue 6 Nov 2018 - 4:12

Dante relaxed slightly when Chase didn't scold him for being weak or something along those lines. He looked at the goldenrod when Chase told him about them, he nodded slowly. When Chase asked him how he'd treat another cat returning from battle, he froze for a few seconds, he hadn't tought about that. He tilted his head slightly, thinking about the best possibe way to treat a battle wounded cat "Umm.. I'd.. I'd chew some goldenrod into poultice and apply it to the wounds and then... Hm.. I'd put some cobwebs on them to stop the bleeding.. And I guess if they are stressed I could give them a juniper berry and if they are in a lot of pain I'd give them.. Oh what was it.. Feverf- no... Wait I know it! Ehm.. Hor- No!" he looked around trying to remember the name of it, he knew what he were talking about but his mind were blank he couldn't remember the name of it. He looked down, letting out a low growl of frustration and then suddenly he looked back up at Chase with a bright smile "Poppy seeds! They ease pain right? If the cat is in alot of pain I could give them poppy seeds to ease the pain" he meowed happily he were almost completly sure that it were poppy seeds.

He stood quiet for a few moments thinking if there were anything else he could do "That's it, I don't think there's anything else I could do for them after that" he meowed, smiling at Chase, happy that he finally remembered the name of the poppy seeds.

☾Birdkit☽ Unborn

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Transient

Transient

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]   A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] EmptyWed 7 Nov 2018 - 9:38

The seconds slipped by as Dante racked his memory for the answer. Feathery tail thumping out a rhythm against the soft grass, Chase watched him with an unwavering chartreuse gaze. Before she could lose her patience, the young tom finally recalled the right herb. "Poppy seeds!" At the joyful exclamation, a smile spread across his maw. While Chase managed to maintain a straight face, she was inwardly shaken. This was bad. Why did he have to be cute at times like these? The spark of emotion that flared to life within her chest was a troubling one. She was his teacher, his guardian--nothing more and nothing less. She wasn't supposed to get attached to him, and she didn't want to. She had taken him under her wing only as a means of entertaining herself. Fortunately, the fluffy rogue was able to quickly regain control over herself. Exhaling, she directed her attention back to the situation at paw. "Good enough." She acknowledged, "On a side note, broken bones are tricky to treat. First, bind a branch to the limb to keep the bones in place. You'll need a poultice of comfrey, and some bindweed will serve to hold the splint together. Again, poppy seeds for the pain.When we chance upon those herbs, I'll point them out to you."

There was a limit to how much information Dante could cram into his head in one night. "Just focus on remembering everything I've told you tonight. I'll be testing you in the future. For now, you should concentrate on stockpiling herbs. Can't practice without any, can you?" Leaping to her paws, she padded over to the goldenrod. "Come on. Are you just going to stand there? You're the one who wanted to bring them back." Beneath the hellish moon, the lesson between mentor and apprentice drew towards it closing.
Back to top Go down
RoawImKoatt

RoawImKoatt

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]   A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] EmptySun 11 Nov 2018 - 8:02

Dante nodded "I won't forget it!" he meowed with enthusiasm, the smile on his face still there "If anyone breaks their bones I'll fix it!" he told her with a little more serious expression now. He wanted to prove to Chase that he were good at something and that he could help the regime, in his own peaceful way. When Chase said that they were gonna collecte some herbs his face once again broke out into a bright smile "Oh yes! What herbs should we collect the most of? If most of you are going to battle I'd imagen that poppy seeds, comfrey, cobwebs, goldenrods and some bindweeds would be good to have, oh and a few branches if anyone would break a bone... Which I hope no one does.. Because if I know how to use the herbs I I could help any cat who gets hurt" he followed Chase with a smile as he listed the herbs he thought would be needed.

☾Birdkit☽ Unborn

PitaPata Cat tickers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]   A Lesson About Herbs [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Lesson About Herbs [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Abandoned Barn-
Jump to: