Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place during the time before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! The latest announcements are below.
This month's activity check is currently underway, so make sure to post ;)
The season's first snowfall plagues the forest.
If it's the full moon and the Gathering hasn't been made yet, please tell a Staff member. Thank you!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Share | 

A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cays
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Characters : Blossompaw ♀ | Dewshine ♀ | Marshstorm ♂ | Ridgepaw ♀ | Sparrowpaw♀
Female
Aquarius Horse
Number of posts : 1446

PostSubject: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Things were wrong in the forest. Marshstorm watched as a leaf fell from the trees above. Wilted, drier than usual. While leaf-fall was often accompanied by closing plants and prey stuffing themselves silly on the nuts and grasses of the forest, it was often accompanied by Leaf-bare, and within that... death. His ears flattened at the thought. Soon there wouldn't be much prey. What was worse is that there already seemed to be signs of the oncoming hardships. Two or three mice short might not seem like the sign of an oncoming hardship. Still, he dreaded to think about if the trend continued.

They had so many apprentices, so few warriors and even less time. He padded towards the apprentices den. With the duty of dispensing tasks being done, he was ready to leave on a patrol. This time, he'd take a couple apprentices out.
"Falconpaw. Poppypaw." He called to the light brown she-cat and the even browner tom. He smiled at them when they looked over. "I want you both to join me on a hunting patrol today." He tilted his head towards the camp entrance as he turned around to lead the way.

Dewshine♀                  Blossompaw♀                  Marshstorm♂                  Ridgepaw♀                  Sparrowpaw♀
RiverClan Warrior    |    RiverClan Apprentice    |     ThunderClan Deputy     |   TC Apprentice     |   SkyClan Apprentice      |
60/200                           20/80                           100/280                           20/80                           20/80      

My Characters                       NUDGE ME!
Back to top Go down
Silent Night

Characters : [C]Cloudstone [Sp]Spiderfur [Sc]Scorchbranch [F]Firflower [De]Deerpaw [P]Poppypaw [E]Egretkit; DEAD/ MISSING: Nightbird, Deernose, Rainspot, Ashcloud, Foxfang, Pebblelight, Fogheart, Pineeye, Darkflight, Stonepaw(NPC)
Female
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2118
Clan/Rank : RC Elder, Kit; TC Apprentice; WC Warrior, Apprentice; SkC Elder, Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Young Poppypaw looked up as Marshstorm interrupted his grooming. His back leg still stood up a bit awkwardly in the air as he listened to his deputy speak, and he gave a glance to his denmate before getting up onto his paws. Hunting with the sky like this may be difficult, but they couldn't stop and wait for better days. Leafbare was coming and coming fast. He trotted forward until he was just behind the older tom, glancing back and motioning towards Falconpaw with an exasperated look. 'Come on, we don't have all day here.'

Spiderfur|Cloudstone|Scorchbranch|Firflower|Deerpaw|Poppypaw|Stonepaw (Sitewide NPC)|Egretkit

"Smile, my boy. It's sunrise."
Back to top Go down
Falconwing

Female
Taurus Rooster
Number of posts : 531
Clan/Rank : ThunderClan, RiverClan, ShadowClan, SkyClan, The Regime

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Falconpaw's head shot up, remnants of a mouse still on her jaws. "I get to go on a patrol? Yay!" She sprang to her paws and bolted toward the camp exit, overshooting before backing back up to her deputy and fellow apprentice. She trotted after them, practically leaping into the air with each step.

Ooc: aaa I luv my hyper bab so much I need to RP her more

Eaglepaw | Tom | SkyClan | 20/80
#BringBackRandomStuff!

Pet's name: Blu
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Back to top Go down
Cays
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Characters : Blossompaw ♀ | Dewshine ♀ | Marshstorm ♂ | Ridgepaw ♀ | Sparrowpaw♀
Female
Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Marshstorm chuckled at the sight of Poppypaw's back leg sticking up, but he didn't comment as he lead them towards the camp entrance as Falconpaw raced past them. The dark tom didn't even bother stopping the apprentice, instead, he picked up his own pace to a slower run. He had no desire to leave them behind, but he felt getting the pre-hunt excitement out would do them all good as he thought about where to take them.

In the end, he decided on an area near Snakerocks. Distant enough to avoid the adders, but there was more than enough hiding holes for prey that may want to forage. He lead them there carefully, taking a round-about path to avoid the slight breeze from giving them up. He stopped in a small clear area, the scents of mice and squirrels thick in the air. A large oak tree loomed above them, it's nuts all over the ground. Perfect.

"Shall we make a game of it? The first one to catch 3 things?" He asked, his amber eyes shining with amusement.

Dewshine♀                  Blossompaw♀                  Marshstorm♂                  Ridgepaw♀                  Sparrowpaw♀
RiverClan Warrior    |    RiverClan Apprentice    |     ThunderClan Deputy     |   TC Apprentice     |   SkyClan Apprentice      |
60/200                           20/80                           100/280                           20/80                           20/80      

Back to top Go down
Falconwing

Female
Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:36 pm

"Yeah! That sounds like fun!" Falconpaw hopped off to almost the edge of the clearing, sniffing at the bushes. "Oooh, I smell squirrels! Maybe I'll catch one today? They always run up a tree before I can get to them."

#BringBackRandomStuff!

Back to top Go down
Cays
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Female
Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:04 am

"Very well then." Marshstorm chuckled at Falconpaw's enthusiasm. He turned to Poppypaw with an expectant smile before he padded towards a nearby clump of bushes.  "We will all meet back here shortly." He paused, his tone darkening momentarily as he thought about Lichenfang and the dangers.  "Be safe, and vigilant." He offered before climbing into the bushes carefully. The scent of mice and squirrels flooded his senses.

The moon and sun had thrown everything arwy though. He could hear owls hooting in the trees. Awake despite the fact that he could have sworn it was day. A flash of black in his perhipheral. He whirled around, leaves twisting in his wake as he stared at where the black speck had been. Then it moved once more, rustling the leaves. A squirrel. Just a squirrel. He paused to take a deep breath before he fell into a hunter's crouch. Careful in his approach up until the leap.

A short moment later, the scuffling had silenced. Marshstorm's jaws full of the black and grey pelt of his prey as he dug a place in the ground to store his catch for now.

(OOC: Let's go 3 attempts each. Good luck!)

Last edited by Candy Corn Cays on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Female
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 7690
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:04 am

The member 'Candy Corn Cays' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 8

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Falconwing

Female
Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:41 am

Falconpaw silently slipped through the bushes, trying to remember everything Blizzardshine had taught her. "Stay downwind, don't step on leaves or twigs, kill prey quickly." The brown tabby whispered to herself. Suddenly she was looking at a grey pidgeon about two fox-lengths away. Dropping low into a hunter's crouch, she crept up to the bird. Normally she would have trouble paying attention, but the intense mental involvement of hunting suited her just fine. She pounced from some distance away, almost too far, but snagged one of the bird's wings with a claw and managed to pull it in close enough to deliver a quick snap to the neck. She jumped around for a bit in excitement before burying the pidgeon, scoring the dirt with her claws to make sure she would be able to find it on her way back.

#BringBackRandomStuff!

Last edited by SpoopyFalcon on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:41 am

The member 'SpoopyFalcon' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Back to top Go down
Silent Night

Characters : [C]Cloudstone [Sp]Spiderfur [Sc]Scorchbranch [F]Firflower [De]Deerpaw [P]Poppypaw [E]Egretkit; DEAD/ MISSING: Nightbird, Deernose, Rainspot, Ashcloud, Foxfang, Pebblelight, Fogheart, Pineeye, Darkflight, Stonepaw(NPC)
Female
Leo Dragon
Number of posts : 2118
Clan/Rank : RC Elder, Kit; TC Apprentice; WC Warrior, Apprentice; SkC Elder, Warrior

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:56 pm

ooc- wasn't expecting so much work this week, sorry for holding y'all back;;

The young tom listened to Marshstorm attentively as they walked out into the territory, silently glancing towards Falconpaw every so often. "With all your chattering, the squirrels might think you're one of them," he muttered under his breath before setting off on his own. Mouth agape, he felt oddly more camouflaged in their new circumstances. The only thing that made him feel out of place was his strikingly white face, but once prey saw that, it would be far too late for them to escape anyway. The soft chrr of a mouse caught his immediate attention. Icy eyes focused on the exact spot the sound came from, he peered through a bush to find his target shuffling beneath the roots of a birch tree. Creeping around with delicate pawsteps, Poppypaw found himself in the perfect position to strike. He sprang from the red shadows, pinning the creature to the tree before giving it a quick end via a nip to the base of its skull. A little ember of pride glowed in his chest as he buried it beneath those same roots and set off again.

Spiderfur|Cloudstone|Scorchbranch|Firflower|Deerpaw|Poppypaw|Stonepaw (Sitewide NPC)|Egretkit

"Smile, my boy. It's sunrise."

Last edited by Nightmare on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:56 pm

The member 'Nightmare' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Cays
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Female
Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:29 pm

His pelt moved through the shadows of the undergrowth once his prey was secured. His ears pricked for the next prey while his eyes watched the shadows for any irregular movement. The distraction nearly cost him as he spotted a pair of large ears sticking out of the ground. He flattened behind a large clump of dirt and carefully maneouvered his way around the rabbit's hind. He had to be careful about this. The rabbit could bolt off in less than a second and be well out of his way despite the bushes around them. The rabbit for the moment, carried on it's nibbling of tender grasses.

In a mighty leap, he launched himself and managed to catch the rabbit as it began to look up. It's squeal silent in his jaws as he snapped it's neck quickly and picked it up with a huff of breath. He carried his catch over to a thorn bush to bury it under. It's brown fur would already help to camoflague, but it was better safe than to risk it.

Last edited by Candy Corn Cays on Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:29 pm

The member 'Candy Corn Cays' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Back to top Go down
Falconwing

Female
Taurus Rooster

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Falconpaw kept her large ears, out and alert, when she spotted a small brown pelt. It's either a vole or shrew, I can't remember. Dropping low, remembering that the smaller the animal, the more sensitive they are to paw-steps, she slunk along the ground like a snake, creeping closer to the little creature. Leaping, she landed squarely on the mouse, nipping the nape of it's neck, then buried it, marking the spot like she had with the pidgeon.

#BringBackRandomStuff!

Last edited by SpoopyFalcon on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Female
Pisces Dog

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:31 pm

The member 'SpoopyFalcon' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)   

Back to top Go down

A Hunting Patrol. (Closed)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ThunderClan Territory-
Jump to: