Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Oh, hey. (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lantirn

lantirn

Characters : (H)azelpaw, (F)ennelpaw, (R)obinkit
Clan/Rank : (H) TC, apprentice (F) SC, apprentice (R) SKC, kit
Gemini Rooster
Number of posts : 64

Oh, hey. (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Oh, hey. (closed)   Oh, hey. (closed) EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 2:50 am

A lazy day reclining in camp was a satisfying release for some, yet an irritation for Hazelpaw. To him, every day was a day to do something; to hunt for the clan, to play, to train. Having nothing to do turned pent-up energy into anger, and he often ended up pacing until he came up with something to do.. which was exactly what he was doing right now. His mind had pulled a blank, and yet he knew that there should be at least one thing to do. So why couldn't he think of anything? Hissing in frustration, he batted at a stone absentmindedly, trying to move it out of his path while forgetting it was.. well, a stone. Ow, StarClan forgive us! Today was not a good day.

Hazelpaw slumped down disappointedly just outside the apprentice den, tail twitching. What a waste of a day. His paw still stinging, he sat dejectedly for a while, the red-hued atmosphere cast by the eclipse set in the sky not helping, when a brown pelt caught his attention. He had seen him a couple times before - around camp, that sort of thing - but had never really taken the time to say anything to him. He was just another cat, but Hazelpaw supposed that talking was at least something to do.

"Oh, hi, Harepaw."

Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Characters : Turtlefur, Goldenstar, Lynxpetal, Creekpaw, Lightningpaw
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger
Number of posts : 8190

Oh, hey. (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hey. (closed)   Oh, hey. (closed) EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 2:29 pm

Harepaw was on his way to drop off prey at the fresh-kill pile when he was distracted from his thoughts by Hazelpaw's voice. He blinked a few times, processing his presence, and meowed an awkward greeting in return after setting down his squirrel. "Hello, Hazelpaw." It was a little flat. He didn't know the cream tom very well. They were close in age and denmates in the nursery for a while before Harepaw's apprentice ceremony, but they hadn't interacted very much. Different patrols, different training times. "Who's your mentor? Are they busy right now?" He asked politely.

Sun // Living Characters // Deceased Characters
Oh, hey. (closed) 713E5771-31B2-4EA8-B75F-EC3A67DB4C32
Turtlefur || Tom || RiverClan T5 Warrior || Requirements || #cc9900
Goldenstar || She-cat || WindClan T5 Leader || Requirements || burlywood
Lynxpetal || She-cat || SkyClan Queen || darkblue
Lightningpaw || Tom || WindClan Apprentice || #dfd47e
Creekpaw || She-cat || RiverClan Apprentice || #4c5682
Back to top Go down
lantirn

lantirn

Gemini Rooster

Oh, hey. (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hey. (closed)   Oh, hey. (closed) EmptyTue Oct 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Hazelpaw's eyes drifted to the side as he replied. He had a tendency of not looking directly at another cat when speaking. "Blizzardshine. I'd say she's pretty busy, being a former leader and all." His words were in no way meant to sound boastful - it was just blatant honesty - but a cat could mistake his words for arrogance. Realising this, he quickly continued speaking. "Uh, how's yours? What've you done so far?" He forced himself to direct his eyes back to Harepaw, relaxed his shoulders a little, and gave a casual smile. Alright, just relax; it wasn't Leopardstar, it was a fellow apprentice, and they were just having a chat. No need to get so focused and formal.

Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Clan/Rank : RiverClan Warrior, WindClan Leader, SkyClan Queen RiverClan Apprentice, WindClan Apprentice
Sagittarius Tiger

Oh, hey. (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hey. (closed)   Oh, hey. (closed) EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 12:01 am

His ears perked a little at the mention of Blizzardshine. He didn't know her personally but had heard stories from her time as leader, and leaders were personal heroes to Harepaw. They were StarClan's chosen, blessed with nine lives and communication directly with the ancestors - something he envied in dark times like these. His wandering mind returned to Hazelpaw, and he responded, "Mine's great. She's kinda young and pretty inexperienced, but she's great anyway." He said, proud despite her humble rank and age among the clan. "Oh, uh, her name's Scarletsong. We've gone over fighting basics and done a bit of hunting, too. I think I like hunting more, honestly. Feels more natural than just... attacking someone." Harepaw's pelt began to prickle with uneasiness when the thought that he had been talking far too much crossed his mind. Was he being rude to Hazelpaw without even knowing it? The shy tom shuffled his paws and dropped his gaze. He didn't want to start yapping his mouth to a random cat. "You done anything yet?"

Back to top Go down
lantirn

lantirn

Gemini Rooster

Oh, hey. (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hey. (closed)   Oh, hey. (closed) EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 12:19 am

"Erm, a little." He felt embarrassed to admit it, but he really hadn't done much as of now; Blizzardshine really was quite busy, now that he thought about it. Not dwelling on the subject, he decided to instead comment on something else. "I don't know whether I like battling or hunting more; fighting off a cat is bittersweet, don't you think? I mean, it probably feels good to defend your clan and it really makes you feel like a warrior, but I'd feel a bit bad for the cat on the receiving end. Unless they did something really bad, you know? I suppose I haven't really done much proper battling yet, but that's just how I feel. I'm compelled to choose hunting, though; who doesn't like a nice fat squirrel?" He was beginning to feel a little more comfortable talking to Harepaw; he seemed nice enough, and the slight guilt of confronting him with a conversation was beginning to ebb.

ooc: sorry for the late reply

Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

Oh, hey. (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hey. (closed)   Oh, hey. (closed) EmptyMon Oct 22, 2018 1:32 am

ooc: ditto

"Yeah, I can get attacking someone if they deserved it. Murderers or kit-thieves or something like that. I haven't fought anyone besides Scarletsong, though. Dunno how that feels," He said with a shrug, wondering what it would feel like to strike at someone and really mean it. "Makes me feel a bit useless, really." Harepaw laughed, covering his insecurity with humor to the best of his ability. It wasn't that bad, though. He'd get there eventually. At Hazelpaw's last comment, Harepaw gave a pleasant smile and a nod of agreement. "There's definitely something rewarding about bringing prey back to camp for others. Speaking of which, I'd be happy to share the squirrel I've got if you're hungry." He said, gesturing at the prey at his paws with a node of his muzzle.

Back to top Go down
lantirn

lantirn

Gemini Rooster

Oh, hey. (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hey. (closed)   Oh, hey. (closed) EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 3:05 pm

ooc: late reply again; apologies!

Harepaw's last offer had sprouted a moral dilemma inside Hazelpaw's head. Prey? Sharing his prey that he rightfully caught, while Hazelpaw had just sat around in camp all day? But it would be rude to decline, and probably make him look unfriendly or uninterested; and wouldn't someone eat it anyways? But something about him offering it to Hazelpaw was odd.. but gosh, that squirrel smelled good.. As Hazelpaw internally fought with himself, his face took on a blank expression, and for a few moments he exchanged no words as his glassy stare, directed at nothing in particular, continued. Finally, after some thought, he spoke. "I mean, if you insist.." Half of him still didn't know if he should have accepted, but at least he knew his stomach would be satisfied. His grin returning, he continued. "You don't have to share your hard-earned catch, though."

Former Staff
Former Staff
Sun

Sagittarius Tiger

Oh, hey. (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hey. (closed)   Oh, hey. (closed) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 4:26 pm

Harepaw returned the grin, although in his mind he was doubting himself. Did he just make Hazelpaw feel awkward? ”Well, the prey is getting harder and harder to find with the weather getting colder. It’s probably best to start getting used to sharing now before it becomes a necessity.” He meowed, head tilting thoughtfully. “But really, I insist you have some.” Harepaw bent to nudge the squirrel closer to Hazelpaw and sat down, internally hoping he wasn’t being too pushy. ’Why is being polite so hard?’ he inwardly groaned. This other apprentice was nice, and Harepaw wanted to be able to relax and actually talk with him instead of worry about his socially awkward attempts at being friendly. His gaze wandered to some of the activity of the camp.

Back to top Go down
lantirn

lantirn

Gemini Rooster

Oh, hey. (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hey. (closed)   Oh, hey. (closed) EmptySat Nov 03, 2018 8:09 pm

ooc: sorry for the late/short post

"Erm, alright." Awkwardly sidling next to the brown tom, he breathed in the scent of the rabbit and a small grin met his face. It was a good one, as well; big and plump compared to the other prey on the fresh-kill pile. He'd never shared prey with another cat, unless he was counting that one time he shared with his mum, and it felt kind of strange, but endearing at the same time. "You first; your prey, after all."

Oh, hey. (closed) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hey. (closed)   Oh, hey. (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh, hey. (closed)
Page 1 of 1